Checking fakes in partnership with Facebook
There is the spreading information claiming that, allegedly, 57 soldiers of a separate motorized infantry brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine gave up their weapons and joined the “Luhansk People’s Republic”.
However, this is a fake.
The Ground Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine have denied this information. The Ukrainian military did not put down their weapons and did not side with the Luhansk People’s Republic.
Anton Gerashchenko stated: “At the moment, the enemy is spreading a lot of fake messages, that the Ukrainian army has surrendered, that the border guards are surrendering without a fight, that the Ukrainian police is not on the roads and that the Ukrainian police is not in the cities.
I want to reassure that the Ukrainian border guards, our National Guard, our police, are on their posts. We are working”.
We remind you that there are a lot of fakes now. Read information from verified sources:
- General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine;
- SES of Ukraine;
- Ministry of Defence Ukraine;
- OOS Press Service;
- National Police of Ukraine;
- City, district, regional, village, and settlement councils;
- Public broadcaster (UA: First, Ukrainian Radio, Public in the regions);
- Center for Strategic Communications and Information Security;
- Center for Countering Disinformation.
The authors do not work for, consult to, own shares in or receive funding from any company or organization that would benefit from this article, and have no relevant affiliations