Editorial Policy of VoxUkraine Blog
Peer-review and quality control procedures
The quality of our articles is one of the main values of VoxUkraine. To ensure the highest quality, we always follow such rules:
1. Each article should be based on facts and data logically related to each other (the most common version of the logical chain: «problem — spectrum of solutions — proposed solution».
2. All articles must be peer-reviewed. This means that an article can be published only after two members of the Editorial Board have edited it together with the author and signed it off for publication:
— After the article is received by VoxUkraine, either the site administrator or the editor-in-chief finds the first editor for the article among Editorial Board members.;
— The first editor can either (1) reject the article, (2) sign it off, or (3) ask the author to correct it (usually the third option is chosen);
— The first editor can ask independent experts to review an article;
— After the first editor has accepted the article, the second editor can either sign it off or provide additional comments, to which the author should respond;
— In exceptional cases, VoxUkraine may publish articles that have not been peer-reviewed. In this case a disclaimer is attached to the article explaining the reason for this decision of the Editorial Board;
— If the author refuses to work on the editors’ comments, the article is rejected;
— If plagiarism is found in the article, the article is rejected;
— The article is published together with information about the authors: photos and short biography (3-5 sentences).
3. Editors are selected based on their field of expertise. If no member of the Editorial Board has relevant experience, the editor may ask external experts to review the material. At the same time, they must make sure that an external reviewer has no conflict of interest. To avoid the conflict of interest, editors do not edit articles related to their employer.
4. Every long-term project (VoxCheck, iMoRe) must have its own editorial board, which ensures quality of publications and provides intellectual support.
Quality of editorials
1. Editorial articles are the result of the collective work of VoxUkraine Editorial Board.
2. Only members of the Editorial Board may propose a topic and write an editorial.
3. An editorial article may be published only after it has been signed off by all Editorial Board members.