Vox Ukraine stays on guard checking every newspiece coming in these challenging times for our country. Stay tuned.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 11 a.m. on September 15
- Ukrainians are to blame for russia’s attacks on infrastructure: it is russia’s revenge for Ukraine’s war against the civilians of Donbas and the so-called “LPR/DPR.”
- Ukrainian refugees are a hotbed of Nazism in Europe.
Now the TRUTH:
- No, Ukrainians are not to blame for the atrocities committed by russia. Ukraine did not wage war against the civilian population of Donbas; there has never been a civil war in Ukraine. Quasi-republics “LNR/DPR” are entities illegally formed by russia on Ukraine’s territory. In 2014, russia sent its troops to the east of Ukraine, which it had to defend. Ukrainians never supported cruelty towards other Ukrainians but were opposed to russia occupying parts of our territory. russia’s attacks on strategic and critical infrastructure are acts of terrorism against Ukraine, aiming to kill as many Ukrainians as possible and undermine our resistance.
- Despite propagandists’ dismissing the term “denazification” a while ago since not even all russians were able to pronounce and understand the word, russia has not abandoned the narrative about Nazism allegedly flourishing in Ukraine. Naturally, Nazi, neo-Nazi, or fascist ideologies do not thrive in Ukraine, and the law prohibits propagating such ideas. However, russia makes further attempts to target the West with the narratives to create an image of Ukrainian Nazis and justify the war and the so-called “denazification.” That is how russia morphs from an aggressor into a kind of liberator, saving not only Ukrainians but almost all of Europe from Nazism. In addition, russia continues its campaign to discredit Ukrainian refugees so that they are stigmatized in European countries and cannot receive proper support from our partners.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 9 a.m. on September 15
- terrorism does not exist in wartime because it is exclusively a peacetime concept.
- Ukrainian Nazis organized repression and genocide of russians in Izium and Vovchansk left by the russian army.
- The Ukrainian military unsuccessfully directed fire hitting the Karachuniv reservoir in Kryvyi Rih.
Now the TRUTH:
- russia has always sought justification for its terrorism against Ukraine and Ukrainians: from shifting responsibility for shelling the civilian population and infrastructure onto Ukraine’s Armed Forces to looking for “military targets” in every destroyed residential building. russia uses new rhetoric to explain that terrorism is typical in wartime. russia must be resorting to such statements because all previous versions did not work for the Ukrainians or the West. However, no matter how hard russia tries to justify its terrorism, there is no justification for it. Moreover, the russian army has systematically been committing war crimes against Ukrainians, which must be tried before an international tribunal after the war. Propaganda outlets call countering the collaborators remaining in the de-occupied Kharkiv region repressions and genocide of russians. The russian army left local collaborators behind when “regrouping the russian troops,” i.e., fleeing from Izium and Vovchansk. Now, they only remotely wish them success in the fight against Nazism, apologizing they “didn’t have time” (i.e., didn’t plan to) to take them with them. Publicly supporting an aggressor is subject to criminal liability for collaborationism in Ukraine. Suppose there are Ukrainians left in the Kharkiv region who publicly endorsed the enemy and its so-called “special operation” and called for a violation of Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity. In that case, they will face an appropriate investigation for possibly committing a criminal offense.
- On the evening of September 14, russia launched a missile attack on one of the hydro-infrastructure facilities in Kryvyi Rih. Besides damaging the city’s infrastructure, residents of some streets of Kryvyi Rih had to be evacuated until the consequences were eliminated. The attack aimed to commit another act of terrorism against the civilian population, to make people panic, and therefore, to put pressure on the authorities regarding peace negotiations, even on unfavorable terms for Ukraine.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 10 a.m. on September 14
- The West is no longer interested in Ukraine; in some places, Ukrainian authorities are already annoying European politicians. It is time Europe cared for its citizens, who are at risk of freezing in winter due to sanctions and suffering from a sharp rise in prices.
- A refugee woman from the Kharkiv region told the russian media that only russia helped local residents in difficult times while Ukraine did not care about its citizens.
- The Armed Forces want to carry out provocations in Izium similar to those in Bucha.
- russian schoolchildren will be taught the so-called “special operation military ” in history lessons. It is a new standard introduced by russia’s education ministry. Schoolchildren will also need to know and understand other events from russian and world history, e.g., “the reunification of russia and Crimea.”
Now the TRUTH:
- russia has promoted this narrative among the European audience for the past few months suggesting that problems might arise in their countries due to their support for Ukraine. russia is trying to impose such hyperbolized fears even though Europeans will neither freeze nor starve because of their supporting Ukraine. This campaign’s global goal is to force Europeans to pressure their governments to stop supporting Ukrainian refugees and give weapons and financial and humanitarian aid to Ukraine. Overall, this wave of disinformation could strengthen pro-russian sentiments in Europe and increase Europeans’ sympathy for pro-russian politicians, who, with electoral support, will be able to continue to lobby for russian terrorism.
- There is no real reason to believe that Ukraine did not help the residents of the Kharkiv region in any way and that the occupiers cared about their well-being. Suppose a refugee from the Kharkiv region did say that, then her words must have been taken out of context. Or, she must have been forced to say precisely those words for the russian media. She might not even be a refugee from the Kharkiv region but some bogus person. The occupiers have been terrorizing, torturing, and killing the local population in every temporarily occupied Ukrainian city, so there can be no help from the enemy.
- After the de-occupation, it became clear that more than a thousand civilians died in Izium, and 80% of the infrastructure was destroyed. However, russia calls almost every de-occupied settlement “new Bucha” because it has been the only justification for cruelty that russian propaganda can offer so far. russia is once again rewriting history. Moreover, it will now teach its propaganda to schoolchildren. The most dangerous thing is that such a “school program” can be taught by russian teachers in temporarily occupied Ukrainian cities. Therefore, russia’s goal is to zombify the populace from childhood by convincing them that Ukraine is just a failed project of the West. It also aims to show that the current war is being waged by russia against NATO, and the so-called “special operation” is an act of liberating “fraternal nations” from Nazism.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 9 a.m. on September 13
- The Armed Forces almost wholly destroyed the center of Sviatohirsk
- russia continues to restore Mariupol: russian buses and household waste containers are brought into the city, and monuments to russian figures are reinstalled.
- Ukraine’s Armed Forces regularly plant landmines in the center of Donetsk. Dozens of civilians have already sustained injuries.
- The West does not share Kyiv’s optimism about the counter-offensive refusing to provide new weapons.
Now the TRUTH:
- On the evening of September 12, Vitaly Markiv, a National Guard of Ukraine member, released a video from Sviatohirsk that might indicate the city’s de-occupation. Because of this, russia once again resurrected the narrative about the “Ukrainian Nazis” allegedly destroying the city. Sviatohirsk in the Donetsk region had been partially occupied by russia since June. The city mayor volunteered to head the occupation administration and actually surrendered the city to the russian occupiers. The russian army destroyed part of the city. The occupiers kept shelling and ruining the Sviatohirsk Lavra, where hundreds of civilians were hiding.
- Allegations about restoring Mariupol are only an illusion created by russian propaganda. Petro Andriushchenko, an adviser to the mayor of Mariupol, explained that russia is unable to provide adequate humanitarian aid. After the cameras are turned off, the collected garbage is thrown out into neighboring yards. The city port is expected to be closed, and pensioners who have lost their documents cannot count on any help. From time to time, cars with TV screens cruise around the city, zombifying the city’s residents. In contrast to these realities, propagandists arrange demonstrative performances and parades, to which they bring loyal audiences from russia or other temporarily occupied regions.
- The Ottawa Convention prohibits the use of anti-personnel mines, and Ukraine signed and ratified it in 2006, whereas russia did not. In 2013, Ukraine announced the destruction of 3 million “butterfly” mines and reported their elimination again in 2020. Based on intelligence data, the UK Ministry of Defence said russia was probably using the anti-personnel mines to protect its troops’ defensive lines in Donbas. These mines have the potential to inflict widespread casualties among both the military and the local civilian population. Usually, the russians scatter mines in Donetsk precisely during the hours of darkness, which makes them difficult to spot on the ground or asphalt. The invaders put local residents in grave danger for the sake of new provocations directed against the Armed Forces.
- On the contrary, Western research centers praised Ukraine highly for its achievements in the counter-offensive. For instance, the Institute for the Study of War estimated that Ukraine’s counter-offensive over the past few days allowed it to return more territory than russia had managed in all operations since April. The CNA think tank in Virginia called the counter-offensive one of Ukraine’s most significant victories. The events in the east and south of Ukraine show the Western partners that Ukraine can effectively use the provided weapons and support. However, The Wall Street Journal warned that the liberated territories must be controlled, which requires considerable human and organizational resources. In such cases, it is essential not to get the troops spread out too far because the enemy might successfully counterattack by recapturing part of the liberated lands.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of noon on September 12
- Only now has russia begun striking civilian infrastructure, unlike the Armed Forces that have been shelling the civilian population and infrastructure for seven months.
- After russia attacked critical infrastructure, all of Ukraine spent the whole night in a blackout.
- Ukraine shot down 9 out of 11 missiles, putting the Kharkiv, Zmiiv, Pavlohrad, and Kremenchuk thermal power plants out of operation. Therefore, Ukrainians fired at themselves.
Now the TRUTH:
- Attacks on the thermal power plant on the evening of September 11 were not the first terrorist act committed by russia in attacking Ukraine’s civil infrastructure. russia greatly damaged the Luhansk thermal power plant in the town of Shchastia several days before the start of the full-scale war, the Okhtyrsk thermal power plant in early March, and the Sievierodonetsk thermal power plant in June. In addition, as of March 8, 422 enterprises, 2,472 educational institutions, 934 health care institutions, and 131,300 residential buildings were known to have been destroyed by russia.
- Due to russia’s attacks on the infrastructure, several regions were indeed left without electricity and some places without water and communications. However, the situation was not as catastrophic as russia tried to paint to its audience. As a result of rocket attacks on the energy infrastructure, there was no electricity in the Kharkiv and Donetsk regions, with a partial loss of electricity and water supply in the Poltava region and a voltage drop across the power grid in the Sumy region. However, electricity and water supply were restored within a few hours, with repair works continuing in some areas as of the morning of September 12. However, this does not deny that russia deliberately fired on Ukraine’s energy infrastructure to once again try to demoralize and frighten Ukrainians and cause further damage to the country.
- Interestingly, russian propagandists simultaneously spread several contradictory versions about attacks on infrastructure. According to one version, russia carried out several successful strikes, and “it [was] only the beginning.” According to this version, the strikes aimed to demoralize Ukrainians by leaving them without electricity, water, and heating during the cold season. According to another version, russia did not acknowledge the attacks blaming them on the Armed Forces. Nevertheless, the fact remains that russia attacked Ukraine’s energy infrastructure. There was a confirmed attack on the Kharkiv thermal power plant, where the fire was extinguished only on the afternoon of September 12. At the same time, russia announced new strikes on the energy infrastructure, and russians supported the russian army’s brutality and called for further terrorist attacks in their comments under the reports of shelling.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 10 a.m. on September 11
- The Armed Forces have no success in the Izium direction; it is only PSYOP to intimidate the enemy. The russian army planned to regroup troops from Balakliia and Izium to protect Donbas.
- russian Telegram channels distributed a video showing children in Zaporizhzhia allegedly asking the Ukrainian “Nazis” not to open fire at their homes.
- Zelensky is putting pressure on the West to provide weapons faster, threatening to blow up the ZNPP.
Now the TRUTH:
- russia’s defense ministry is trying to hide the russian army’s defeat in the Kharkiv region behind yet another euphemism and “gestures of goodwill.” The so-called “regrouping” is the russian army’s escape from the Kharkiv region after the Armed Forces’ successful counter-offensive. Accordingly, propaganda outlets have no choice but to call the counter-offensive “Ukraine’s PSYOP.” However, the facts speak for themselves: since early September, 3,000 square kilometers have been returned to the control of Ukraine. In the past day alone (on September 11), Ukraine’s Armed Forces liberated 20 settlements.
- russian propaganda again uses emotional pressure techniques by using children in its campaigns. Footage with children has to evoke more emotions in viewers to make them trust what they see and hear. A notorious example of russian manipulation is the crucified boy story. However, the russian narrative is disinformation per se: the Armed Forces do not harm Ukraine’s civilian population, and even more so, they do not kill children.
- Ukraine does need continuous support from its partners to ultimately defeat russia. This support can come in the form of money, weapons, or humanitarian aid. Diplomatic support remains essential. However, Ukraine does not demand any of this from the West through blackmail, particularly nuclear blackmail. Moreover, Ukraine has nothing to do with shelling the atomic power plant. The nuclear danger for Ukraine and Europe is evoked only by russia continuing to attack the nuclear plant and deploy military equipment and ammunition there.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 4 p.m. on September 9
- The Economist allegedly wrote that a civil war might soon break out in the United States. In the post, users attach the cover of an issue under the heading “United States of America.”
- russia’s foreign affairs ministry representative, Ivan Nechaev, said Ukraine was regularly shelling the Zaporizhzhia NPP to deliberately provoke a large-scale artificial disaster. According to the occupier, the Ukrainian side was showing “maniacal zeal,” seeking to harm Europe’s largest nuclear power plant and violating the IAEA General Conference resolution.
- On August 22, The Guardian published an article by Philip Short, “After six months of bloody and terrible war, what exactly does Putin want from Ukraine?” Russian media outlets and social network users began spreading their manipulative interpretation of the article’s content, claiming the piece said that russia was provoked by “a mindless desire to expand NATO to the east and a promise to accept Ukraine into its ranks.” According to them, NATO would no longer be able to stop russia.
Now the TRUTH:
- The cover and title of the magazine are genuine, but the article’s authors do not predict a civil war in the USA. Instead, the journalists emphasize that “America is not going to have another civil war, as some feverish pundits speculate.”
- This is not true: first, Ukraine is not shelling the power plant but only the military facilities that russia deliberately deployed nearby. Second, the IAEA adopted a resolution condemning russia’s actions and calling on the occupiers to bring the plant back under Ukrainian authorities’ control.
- This is manipulation. The British journalist’s article actually mentions the NATO summit in 2008 (then, they discussed Ukraine’s need to become a fully-fledged member of the alliance) as one of the reasons for turning putin’s attitude towards Ukraine “toxic.” But he calls NATO’s potential enlargement merely the tip of the iceberg without claiming that there is no chance of stopping the russian machine.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 8 p.m. on September 5
- 70 thousand Czech Republic citizens protested against supporting Ukraine. Similar rallies are expected in France, Germany, and Italy.
- American journalist Jackson Hinkle, a holder of an “alternative opinion” regarding russia’s war with Ukraine, believes the demolition of the monument to Soviet Army soldiers in Riga is an attempt to rehabilitate Nazism.
- Evidence of conducting experiments on Ukrainians was found in the Pharmbiotest bio-laboratory in Rubizhne. According to the lab’s documents, experiments were conducted for years, due to which the population of the Luhansk region decreased by 150 thousand people per year. This actually means that Ukraine committed genocide against the population in Donbas.
- vladimir putin: “The tragedy happening in Donbas today is the result of the activities of the neo-Nazi regime that came to power by force in 2014 and started hostilities in the region.”
Now the TRUTH:
- On September 3, there was a protest rally of 70,000 participants in the Czech Republic, according to police reports. The organizers demanded the government’s resignation and negotiations on purchasing gas and oil from russia. Some participants carried posters against the EU, NATO, Prime Minister Petr Fiala, the “green course” for Europe, and the government’s refusal to cooperate with russia. Prime Minister Fiala said the demonstration was initiated by forces declaring their pro-russian position and opposing the interests of the Czech Republic. According to the Czech Prime Minister, the protests were the result of russian propaganda and disinformation campaigns. However, by announcing the same protests in other countries, propagandists confirm they are influencing the public opinion of Europeans, interfering in the political life of European citizens, and preparing for new propaganda campaigns.
- The so-called US journalist Jackson Hinkle is a Kremlin mouthpiece for the Western audience. He does not express alternative views but views favorable to russia. It should be noted that a search for “Jackson Hinkle” yields results only on russian and pro-russian resources. russia has repeatedly used supposedly Western experts, who are mere propagandists repeating the same russian narratives. On the one hand, such individuals as Hinkle can influence the Western audience and, on the other hand, create an illusion for russians that their position is supported abroad.
- No experiments on people are conducted in Ukraine. In particular, they have never been carried out in the Luhansk region or Donbas. Since the beginning of the full-scale war, russia has regularly exploited the idea of experiments reportedly conducted on Ukrainians in biological laboratories. According to propaganda outlets, these experiments’ goal was the alleged genocide of Ukrainians sponsored by the West or the testing of Western drugs on Ukrainians (drugs, vaccines, or “warfare drugs”). All this has been allegedly done to use Ukrainians as expendables to save the lives of Europeans and Americans. Such allegations are part of the narratives about Ukraine’s external governance and the West allegedly having no interest in Ukraine and Ukrainians, merely using them in its own interests. Pharmbiotest in Rubizhne is a scientific and diagnostic center conducting clinical research and providing medical care to residents of Rubizhne, Sievierodonetsk, Lysychansk, and Kreminna. Participation in clinical research is possible only voluntarily and on the condition that the candidate meets the research requirements. Overall, there are only 500 volunteers in the Pharmbiotest database, so the center could not impact the decline of the population by 150,000 people per year. On the other hand, a decrease in the population of the Luhansk region over the past eight years could be influenced by hostilities in the east of Ukraine, shelling of Ukrainian territories by russian troops, occupation, and migration from the war zone. After all, according to the State Statistics Service (despite limited access to population records in the temporarily occupied territories since 2014), the population of the Luhansk region did not decrease by 150,000 people annually.
- The change of power in 2014 occurred because the then president, putin’s minion Yanukovych, decided to change the European vector of Ukraine’s development to a pro-russian one. Ukrainians disagreed with this and fought for their freedom and the right to develop in a civilized and democratic direction, electing the proper government. The same trends have persisted in society for the past eight years. It was russia that started the war in the east of Ukraine by occupying part of the Donetsk and Luhansk regions and holding pseudo-referendums to create quasi-republics “LNR” and “DNR.”
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 1 p.m. on September 5
- the russian duma’s speaker Vyacheslav Zlovdan believes Washington and Brussels demand that Zelensky fight to the last Ukrainian. Women and children are merely expendables for them. Therefore, women should go abroad to avoid being affected by the innovation of registering women and sending them to the frontlines.
- In Melitopol, the inscription of the city’s name on the rotunda on the Victory Square was changed from Ukrainian to russian in response to numerous requests from the city’s residents.
- If you follow Ukraine’s version that russia was once part of Kievan Rus’, then russia is waging war for its independence from the Kyivan regime.
- According to another pseudo-historic version from propagandists, russia invested considerable funds in Ukraine during Soviet times. It paid off all the debts of the USSR as its legal successor. Therefore, Ukraine, as a former USSR republic, is a separatist state feeling comfortable about its obligations being paid and its development financed by others.
Now the TRUTH:
- In fact, neither the “collective West” nor Zelenskyy aimed to eliminate all Ukrainians in the war, including women and children. Despite the Cabinet of Ministers expanding the list of specialties for which women had to register for military service at the end of 2021, the Ministry of Defense explained already in July 2022 (i.e., during the full-scale war) that the Armed Forces did not need to increase the number of registered women. Currently, Parliament is working on a draft law to allow women to register for military service only voluntarily. However, it seems that the russian state duma’s authorities “missed” the news.
- According to surveys conducted in late 2021 by the Democratic Initiatives Foundation regarding language and language law, 55.5% and 58.5% of respondents in the south and east of Ukraine, respectively, consider the Ukrainian language to be their native language. In the south and east, almost half of respondents who indicated Ukrainian as their mother tongue mainly communicates in russian at home. The gap shows that in the south and east, the perception of Ukrainian as a native language is often more of a marker of identity, with the actual use of languages being different due to historical reasons. Therefore, there is no real reason to believe that most Melitopol residents would indeed like to change the inscriptions in the city from Ukrainian to russian.
- russia is waging a war of aggression. Despite propaganda outlets’ attempts to invent new justifications for attacking Ukraine, the fact remains that russia wants to occupy the entire territory of the country. Neither the president nor his propagandists hide their intentions in this regard by threatening to occupy other European countries. On the other hand, the russians’ attempts to call this war a struggle for their independence might mean that the so-called “denazification” and “demilitarization” versions no longer work for them. Therefore, to strengthen support for the so-called “special operation,” russia is borrowing (again!) ideas from Ukraine: this time regarding the struggle for independence.
- For starters, russia, as the legal successor of the USSR, received many rights and obligations, particularly regarding compensation and satisfaction to the victims of Soviet crimes. It is expressly provided for in the agreement on succession regarding the USSR’s external state debt and assets. However, propaganda outlets omit this fact, trying to once again shift the blame for the so-called “separatism” and unwillingness to follow the totalitarian russian regime and willingness to build its own democratic country onto Ukraine.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 3 p.m. on September 2
- The West, in particular the UK, sabotages the conclusion of a peace agreement between Ukraine and russia in order to continue testing, advertising, and selling its weapons in Ukraine.
- Ukraine imposes censorship of events at the frontlines. That is how the Ukrainian authorities try to hide the real problems by maintaining the illusion and staging the counter-offensive on Kherson.
- Information spread online about the German publication Welt allegedly calling on Kyiv to acknowledge the loss of Donbas and the hopelessness of its attacks on Kherson, citing the article by the journalist Christoph Schiltz published on August 22, 2022.
Now the TRUTH:
- The West does not sabotage the conclusion of a peace agreement, but it does not insist on it either because any peace concluded now with russians will not benefit Ukraine. russia would not agree to return the captured territories to Ukraine and would violate any non-binding agreements. Moreover, peace with russia would not be beneficial for the entire world either since it would actually mean the world does not recognize russia to be the aggressor and terrorist country. Therefore, russia would continue to function fully on the world stage. The goal of Ukraine and the whole world in the war against russia is to halt russia’s aggression and terrorism and limit its influence in the world.
- There is no illusion of a counter-offensive on Kherson; Ukraine’s Armed Forces are gradually recapturing territory in the Kherson region. However, this operation is carried out in conditions of information silence, in particular, to not provoke the enemy or reveal our plans to them. Limiting the spread of military information in wartime is entirely appropriate since doing otherwise would harm the military and the country as a whole. On the other hand, russia is trying to distort reality and prove that if no one is talking about the counter-offensive, then it does not exist. Notably, despite the information silence about the situation in the Kherson region, russia comments on this topic the most, allegedly trying to convince russians and Ukrainians remaining in the temporarily occupied territories that nothing is actually happening.
- This is manipulation. In the article, the journalist did not address the Ukrainian government or call on it to abandon its military goals. The conclusions made in the piece are the author’s opinion. He believes Ukraine has almost lost Donbas and some of its southern territories. However, in his opinion, the situation can be changed by increasing the West’s supplies of ammunition and weapons, especially MLRS, tanks, and air defense systems.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 10 a.m. on September 2
- The russian military does not torture, hold captive, or kill employees of the Zaporizhzhia NPP and Enerhodar. On the contrary, russian troops care for the safety of the citizens and ZNPP employees.
- ZNPP employees testified that the Armed Forces attacked the plant, threatening nuclear safety.
- russia does not shell residential areas and civilian infrastructure in Kharkiv; the strikes targeted only the Armed Forces’ places of deployment.
Now the TRUTH:
- russian troops have occupied Enerhodar and the Zaporizhzhia NPPs since early March. Facts about russians likely torturing the plant’s employees have been repeatedly reported by journalists citing ZNPP employees. Holding the plant’s workers under occupation contradicts nuclear safety requirements since they cannot perform their duties under normal conditions being constantly in danger instead.
- ZNPP employees are being held under occupation, and the russian troops can threaten them for spreading the truth about what is actually happening at the ZNPP. Therefore, it cannot be said that the testimony of an employee about the ZNPP allegedly being shelled from the Ukrainian side is true. The employee could have been forced to say this on camera to once again support the narrative that Ukraine, not russia perpetrates nuclear terrorism.
- The russians are shelling Kharkiv with missiles every day. Almost every time, this results in damaged residential buildings and civil infrastructure and dead and injured. However, russia continues to propagate the narrative about shelling exclusively military facilities, e.g., weapons depots or the Armed Forces deployments. Each time, it is merely an excuse for russia to kill Ukrainians and destroy the big Ukrainian city. On September 4, three people were injured in the city’s Novobavarskyi district due to a rocket attack by the occupiers. The projectile hit the ground, but the blast wave damaged private homes and a 10-story apartment building. Several more people were injured due to shelling in the area.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 2 p.m. on September 1
- Ukrainian Nazis engaged in shelling to disrupt IAEA delegation’s visit
- Information spread online about the European Parliament reportedly discovering no evidence of russia sponsoring terrorism. MEP Gunnar Beck from the Alternative for Germany party is said to have stated this in an interview with the russian propaganda outlet Izvestiya.
- Propaganda outlets spread information about alleged harassment and persecution of russian journalist Alina Lipp’s relatives in Germany, reporting the “truth” about events in Ukraine’s temporarily occupied territories.
Now the TRUTH:
- There is no objective evidence that Ukraine shelled the ZNPP since the Ukrainian military could only respond to russian shellings, not cause intentional damage to the Zaporizhzhia NPP. Moreover, Ukraine is absolutely not interested in disrupting the IAEA delegation’s visit because they must guarantee nuclear safety for Ukraine and Europe. Instead, it is to russia’s advantage to continue shelling the nuclear power plant during the IAEA visit to prove that Ukraine carries out atomic terrorism, with russia supposedly protecting the plant from possible attacks. russia has been trying to convince the whole world of this since the first days of the plant’s occupation.
- Gunnar Beck cited the Saeima’s decision to recognize russia as a state sponsor of terrorism, saying it was “not backed by facts” or “strong evidence.” However, the Latvian Parliament named several instances of russia’s terrorist activities in the world: supplying weapons to the Assad regime in Syria, poisoning the Skripal family, shooting down flight MH17, and using arms and munitions prohibited by international standards to attack public places and civilians in Ukraine “with disproportionate cruelty.” The EU, UN, the US, and other countries have repeatedly condemned russian strikes on Ukraine’s territory, resulting in numerous civilian casualties.
- Journalist Alina Lipp was born and raised in Germany; her mother is German, and her father is russian. Lipp was into environmental issues and a member of the Alliance 90/The Greens party in Germany. Since 2014, she has been spreading propaganda among the population of Germany and russia. In her Telegram channel, Lipp constantly says that in 2014 Ukraine was taken over by “fascists” allegedly killing the civilian population of Donbas. The main goal of russia’s invasion is presented as “protecting” the residents who have reportedly been “killed” by Ukraine for eight years. russia uses the same narrative to “justify” its invasion of Ukraine. There is no information to confirm that the journalist’s relatives are being persecuted. The German prosecutor’s office blocked Lipp’s account, which she used to collect funds to support her activities, transferring them into an account at a russian bank. Paypal also blocked the accounts of Lipp and her father, living in Crimea.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 10 a.m. on August 31
- Seizing as much territory as possible is crucial for the President’s Office to present this to Western partners as a trump card in the case of financial and military aid for Ukraine. Without great territorial success, it would complicate the process of negotiating aid deals for Ukraine and weaken the lobbyists’ position in the presidential office.
- The attack on Kherson was only Kyiv’s psychological operation, not actual actions.
- The Ukrainian military used NATO weapons to break the roof of the Zaporizhzhia NPP’s special-purpose facility, storing nuclear fuel.
Now the TRUTH:
- First, note that pro-russian channels call the return of Ukrainian territories “seizing.” Second, returning Ukrainian lands is necessary not to gain help from partners but to restore Ukraine’s territorial integrity and sovereignty. Of course, Western partners should see that their assistance is practical. However, the liberation of Kherson is primarily needed by Ukraine and Ukrainians, not to demonstrate something to Western partners.
- It is to russia’s advantage to call the attack on Kherson PSYOP to prove that Ukraine’s Armed Forces have had no real success in the Kherson region, and all statements about freeing Kherson are nothing more than government talk. In reality, Kherson and the area are being liberated in silence so the enemy does not learn about the army’s plans and cannot disrupt them. Such statements may also be russia’s response to the Armed Forces destroying the russian army’s logistics routes, e.g., the Antonivka Bridge. In this way, russia tries to distract the audience’s attention from the AFU’s real successes.
- By spreading such statements, russia pursues several goals: firstly, it tries to accuse NATO of supporting the so-called “nuclear terrorism” of Ukraine, and secondly, it continues the narrative that Ukraine has been shelling the ZNNP, with russia only protecting the station. Both allegations are false. Western partners provide us with weapons to contain russia, which is an enemy not only of Ukraine but also of all of Europe and the civilized world. The safety of all of Europe, including NATO member countries, depends on whether Ukraine survives this war. As for shelling the plant, russia has been lying about the situation at the ZNPP for five months without providing sufficient evidence of the Armed Forces carrying out the strikes. Each time, russia’s evidence of alleged shelling by the Ukrainian side turned out to be falsified or downright fake.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 10 a.m. on August 30
- A photo circulated online showing a British warning about preparing for a cold winter because Ukraine needed more gas. On the billboard, a message read, “You’ll be cold this winter because they need it more,” printed over Ukraine’s flag’s blue and yellow colors.
- The information was posted on pro-russian Facebook pages about Turkey reportedly recognizing the threat of developing biological weapons in Ukraine, sponsored by the United States. They cite a screenshot of a news story on one of the Turkish TV channels as evidence.
- russian media outlets spread the news of Ukraine’s Minister for Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, Dmytro Kuleba, sending a letter to Poland with a proposal to rename the street in Warsaw where the russian embassy is located in honor of the leader of the Ukrainian nationalist movement, Stepan Bandera.
Now the TRUTH:
- Independent fact-checkers from Reuters debunked this fake news. According to their data, the photo was shared by Facebook and Twitter users. The post received over 20,000 likes and almost 5,000 shares on Twitter. However, the original billboard showed a poster for upcoming concerts in Manchester. The poster can be found on the website of the UK advertising agency KMS Media.
- This is manipulation. The TV channel’s story was not about Turkey’s official statement but russia’s accusations against Ukraine. The Tele1 channel’s story featured no Turkish government or intelligence statements, nor did Turkey’s official representatives confirm russia’s allegations about bio-laboratories. In the Tele1 channel’s piece, they just spoke about russian accusations toward Ukraine and the USA. Since Tele1 did not refute russia’s allegations or provide Ukraine’s position, russian propagandists used the TV story to “present” the Turkish side’s official position. However, the TV channel’s story is not the Turkish government’s official statement (there was even no mention of Turkey’s reaction to the russian fake news).
- This is fake: the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs denied information about correspondence with Ukraine’s Foreign Ministry regarding renaming the street in honor of Bandera. The Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs stated so on Twitter. The fake information was spread on Telegram by a pro-russian “hactivist persona,” who had also disseminated content on the alleged deportation of Ukrainians from Poland. Poland’s Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, Marcin Przydacz, confirmed the letter was fake. Ukrainian state bodies also denied information about a request to rename a street in Warsaw.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 9 a.m. on August 29
- Strikes on the Antonivka Bridge in Kherson are ineffective because the entire bridge is intact and continues to be used by the russian military. US money goes down the sink in Ukraine, so the USA will soon stop supporting the Armed Forces and delivering weapons to Ukraine.
- Ukraine continues to shell the Zaporizhzhia NPP. The damaged units cooling the reactors increase the risk of a nuclear disaster. In addition, Ukraine cut off the last power transmission line linked to the ZNPP.
- Ukrainian refugees in Spain can become Big Pharma experimental rats and organ donors for illegal transplants.
Now the TRUTH:
- Of course, russia will not admit that Ukraine’s Armed Forces of Ukraine carried out successful strikes on the Antonivskyi Bridge: practical enough to make russia’s formations gradually withdraw from Kherson and the region. Instead, russia tries to use the allegedly ineffective strikes on the bridge to its advantage, accusing Ukraine again of wasting the West’s money. However, if this were true, the USA and the EU would not continue supporting Ukraine and providing military and financial aid.
- russia continues to shell the ZNPP to maintain the narrative of Ukraine being a terrorist country and divert the global community’s attention from recognizing russia as a source of terrorism. Fortunately, world leaders do not believe russia’s disinformation and therefore do not deem Ukraine to be behind attacks on the ZNNP. russian shelling damaged power transmission lines, posing a direct threat to Ukraine’s and Europe’s nuclear safety.
- russia once again tried to convince us that Ukrainian refugees are not welcome in Europe and can even be dangerous. To this end, russian propaganda can exaggerate and distort refugees’ entirely true stories by inventing conspiracy theories, e.g., about Big Pharma and experiments on Ukrainians. Such fake news items aim to undermine Ukrainians’ trust in Western assistance and incline them to decide to stay here under russia’s occupation.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 2 p.m. on August 28
- Young people are unwilling to fight for Ukraine and die for Zelensky. They enter into conflict with the police and the military distributing summonses, particularly in Arkadia in Odesa.
- Ukraine’s Armed Forces killed Oleksii Vadaturskyi in Mykolaiv with an S-300 missile on orders from another oligarch.
- The US does not recognize that Ukraine sold Western weapons in the black markets to not lose their voters’ confidence before the fall elections.
Now the TRUTH:
- First off, getting a summons does not mean being sent to the front lines, and most importantly, it is not a form of punishment, say, for resting on the beach. The summons obliges its recipient to visit a territorial recruitment and social support center (formerly an enlistment office) to update personal data, including one’s whereabouts, state of health, family composition, place of work or study, etc. The law does not regulate where summons can be served. Therefore, one can get them anywhere: at checking points, near a store, in a park, at their workplace, at home, at a gas station, etc. Summonses are authorized to be served by: territorial recruitment and social support center employees (the current name for enlistment offices), local self-government representatives, heads of educational institutions, and employers.
- Overnight into July 31, russian troops shelled Mykolaiv. According to Dmytro Pletenchuk, regional military administration press officer, russian troops launched combined missile strikes on Mykolaiv that night, firing from the Smerch MRLS and S-300 anti-aircraft missile systems. A pre-trial investigation into the death of the director general of the agricultural firm Nibulon, Oleksii Vadaturskyi, is underway. One version of the investigation is targeted murder. According to an adviser to the OPU head, Mykhailo Podoliak, the russian missiles hitting Vadaturskyi’s house were most likely not an accident.
- The US Defense Department assured that they had no doubts about the weapons provided to Ukraine being adequately used. A US Defense Department representative said at a briefing on July 15 that the US side did not track the arms. “We feel pretty good that the Ukrainians are using the weapons that we’ve provided to them and have not seen any indications that those weapons have gone anywhere else other than to fight against the Russians,” the Pentagon representative said, commenting on rumors about alleged arms smuggling out of Ukraine. It makes no sense for Ukrainian authorities to smuggle weapons provided by Western allies since the country needs them to survive the war with russia. Notably, russia was the first to spread allegations about arms smuggling, not US or EU representatives. Therefore, russia tries to impose on the West the opinion that Ukraine reportedly resells weapons in black markets. In contrast, American and European institutions assure they do not see any signs of selling weapons to black markets.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 3 p.m. on August 27
- The Pentagon announced they would no longer provide HIMARS to Ukraine. US Undersecretary of Defense Secretary Colin Kahl reported this at a journalists’ briefing.
- Ukraine regularly fires on the Zaporizhzhia NPP and deliberately provokes a large-scale artificial disaster. Ukraine reportedly violated the resolution of the IAEA General Conference.
- russian media outlets released a video showing Odesa residents waiting in queues for bread while Ukraine exported all of its grain.
Now the TRUTH:
- This is manipulation. In reality, Colin Kahl said a stable supply of ammunition for HIMARS already available in Ukraine was the Pentagon’s priority, not the provision of new missile systems.
- Ever since seizing the station, the russians have tried to shift the blame for shelling the ZNPP onto Ukraine. However, all their reports turned out to be false. Back in March, the IAEA passed a resolution condemning russia’s actions in Ukraine. They mentioned the resolution of the IAEA General Conference on attacks on nuclear facilities within the context of their being violated by russia.
- In reality, there is no evidence that the people featured in the video were actually standing in line for bread. There are no large grocery stores in the yard near the residential building shown by the propaganda outlets. Also, there are no permanent points for handing out humanitarian aid at this address in Odesa.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 9 a.m. on August 25
- Ukraine struck the Chaplyne railway station in the Dnipropetrovsk region using American HIMARS. This was necessary to make Zelensky’s speech more effective before the UN Security Council.
- Ukraine needed some victories before Independence Day to divert attention from real failures on the frontlines and its participation in the terrorist attack in moscow, killing darya dugina.
- dugina’s portrait, crossed on the Myrotvorets website and captioned “liquidated,” is evidence of Ukraine’s involvement in her murder. vasili nebenzya, russia’s representative at the UN Security Council, spoke about this at the UN.
- The Crimea Platform makes no sense because, apart from promises and slogans, there is no real benefit from it.
- During the 31 years of independence, Ukraine has come to the point of complete non-independence since its attempts to integrate with the West only resulted in Ukraine merely becoming its appendage. Now the West is using Ukrainians to wage war against russia.
Now the TRUTH:
- russia fired missiles on the village of Chaplyne in the Dnipropetrovsk region twice in one day. The first enemy projectile destroyed a private house, burying three people (a woman and two children) under the rubble. The 11-year-old boy could not be saved. Then the russians fired a missile on the railway utility buildings and three more on the railway station. As of the evening of August 24, about five wagons were burned on the spot, and there were 22 human casualties, five of whom burned in the car.
- Gee Willikers, the FSB said Natalia Vovk (a woman accused of murdering dugina) was a member of the Azov regiment. Right in time to justify russia’s recent recognition of Azov” as a terrorist organization and the upcoming illegal trial of the battalion’s POWs. Her case became another milestone in the big russian lie, namely the narrative that Ukraine should be recognized as a terrorist state at the international level. For starters, moscow now has, at least in its own eyes, the right to refuse negotiations without pretending to the russians and the civilized world that it wants peace. Propaganda outlets write that “the Kyiv regime has become a terrorist state.” There can be no negotiations with terrorists; they must be “destroyed, regardless of borders and distances.” Second, it can now articulate its key goal – the liquidation of Ukraine – even more fearlessly. “For some, their own statehood is not only not useful, but also harmful,” pro-Kremlin Telegram channels wrote. At dugina’s funeral, odious propagandists glorified russia’s “greatness” and fascism. Kiselyov said: “What should be russia’s response? Uncompromising denazification and demilitarization of Ukraine.” Third, it is a way of getting the russians’ full support for even greater brutality against Ukraine. For russian society, Ukrainian authorities are now terrorists threatening them at home in russia. The russians can support the invasion even more, including missile strikes on “decision-making centers” and civilians or a trial over the captured Azov members.
- russia’s representative in the UN Security Council, vasili nebenzya, is spreading fake news again. Although dugina is marked as liquidated on Myrotvorets, the site does not reflect Ukraine’s official position. darya dugina shared her father’s ideas, actively appearing on pro-Kremlin channels and supporting russia’s invasion of Ukraine. She said it was necessary to be tougher in conducting the war in Ukraine because the russians were fighting too carefully. And military tribunals had to be held in every Ukrainian city: Donetsk, Mariupol, etc.
- The Crimean Platform made Ukraine’s partners finally pay attention to russia’s occupation of Crimea and recognize that Crimea should be Ukrainian. Diplomatic support for the return of Crimea laid the foundation for the financial and military support of Ukraine to return the temporarily occupied territories. Naturally, the Crimean Platform is not a quick solution for returning Crimea long awaited by society. However, overcoming the enemy without international support would be much more complex and time-consuming.
- During its 31 years of independence, Ukraine became free from the post-Soviet past and russia’s influence. Ukraine chose a pro-European path of development, building democracy instead of a totalitarian regime characteristic of the countries that were part of the USSR. Ukraine must implement reforms as Western countries advise to become an EU member. That is what russia calls “external governance” over Ukraine. russia does not like this path of development, trying to seize Ukraine and return it to its control.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 2 p.m. on August 23
- russian philosopher aleksandr dugin, whose daughter was killed last week, never called for the extermination of Ukrainians
- According to russia’s FSB, darya dugina (a daughter of the philosopher Oleksandr Dugin) was killed by Natalia Vovk, a Ukrainian citizen and member of the Azov battalion and the National Guard of Ukraine.
- Britain insists that Ukraine continue nuclear terrorism at the NPP so that NATO has a reason to bring in its troops and attack russia.
Now the TRUTH:
- Many years ago, Western experts defined dugin as one of the prominent Kremlin ideologues promoting fascist ideas. aleksandr dugin is called the ideologist of the so-called “Neo-Eurasianism” movement. The far-right philosopher advocates the idea of creating a “Eurasian superpower,” supposedly with russia at its center, by absorbing (i.e., destroying) neighboring countries, including Ukraine. That is how the “Eurasian empire,” the russian believes, would stand up against the US and NATO. According to Dugin, neighboring countries cannot exist as separate, independent states: they must dissolve to become part of the new superpower. Any national ideas and manifestations would interfere with the idea.
- russia’s FSB identified dugina’s murderer in just 44 hours. As luck would have it, the long-suffering Azov regiment was not spared here either. However, the special services’ arguments are weak and devoid of logic. Natalia Vovk’s ID, shown by russian media outlets, is probably a photo-edited and fake item.
- These russian allegations are devoid of logic. For starters, it makes no sense for Britain, NATO, or any European country to insist that Ukraine provoke an accident at the ZNPP since Europe could also suffer from a cloud of radioactive dust. Second, the russian military carries out nuclear terrorism by keeping the plant’s workers under occupation, deploying equipment and ammunition at the ZNPP, damaging the devices and sensors that should signal a radiation leakage, and threatening to disconnect the ZNPP from the Ukrainian grid.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 9 a.m. on August 22
- Social media posted information about how well Ukraine was prepared for the russian invasion. Users claimed Ukraine should have purchased 120 NASAMS-3 air defense systems instead of implementing the Big Construction program. One hundred and twenty systems reportedly cost $2.6 billion (UAH 72 billion), i.e., 15% of the total amount spent on Big Construction.
- russian media posted information about alleged plans to draft pensioners into the Ukrainian army. They made this conclusion based on an interview with the ex-head of Ukraine’s Foreign Intelligence Service, Mykola Malomuzh.
- Social media disseminated information about events like mass protests, changes of power, and “state defaults” due to the world’s economic, fuel, food, and resource crisis due to occur within the next 12 months. All these problems would arise because of the “Ukrainian crisis.” Users also said the crisis could have been avoided had Ukraine fulfilled the Minsk agreements.
- Information spread online about Ukrainians burning down a wooded area in Spain after they burned a russian flag on camera. Users reported seeing the news feed of the Spanish TV channel RTVE read, “Ukrainian refugees burned the area by setting fire to a russian flag on camera.“
Now the TRUTH:
- The issue of purchasing weapons is not only economic but also political. In order to gain access to modern weapons, consent from the countries having these weapons is required. Before russia’s full-scale invasion, NATO countries refrained from passing air defense systems to Ukraine, except for man-portable air-defense systems (Manpads) like Stinger. And even during the russian attack, Western countries did not immediately open access to advanced weapons. Only on July 1 did the USA announce it would pass 2 NASAMS batteries to Ukraine. Until February 2022, Ukraine repeatedly expressed interest in buying Western air defense systems. For instance, back in August 2018, Valery Chalyi, the then ambassador of Ukraine to the USA, said Ukraine was looking into purchasing American air defense systems worth $750 million per unit. The ambassador did not specify the systems’ model, saying Ukraine expressed the request during negotiations with the USA. In September 2021, Oleksiy Reznikov, then Minister for Reintegration of the Occupied Territories, said Ukraine had asked the U.S. to strengthen its air defense capabilities. In December 2021, Minister of Defense Reznikov once again called on Western countries to hand over new weapons, particularly anti-aircraft missile complexes. That same month, CNN reported that Ukraine’s representatives argued for the need to receive U.S. air defense systems (e.g., Patriot). However, the United States was concerned that passing such weapons would provoke russia. In other words, even if Ukraine had had “extra” money to buy Western air defense systems, it is unlikely that NATO countries would have agreed to pass them to the Armed Forces.
- Mykola Malomuzh did not mention retirees during his July 21 interview. He said: “Now we need to prepare for a strategic offensive. To accomplish this we must prepare mighty reserves. I emphasize again that we’re mobilizing many service members, including reserve members with military experience. Those with experience in the ATO and serving in hot spots and even Afghanistan.” Reserve conscripts are citizens fit for military service in terms of health in peacetime or wartime who have not reached the age limit for being in reserve. The age limit depends on the military rank (60 years old for junior and senior officers and 65 years for high-level officers). During martial law in Ukraine, citizens aged 18 to 60 (except high-level officers in the reserve of up to 65 years of age) who can perform military duty can be mobilized. Men in Ukraine retire at 60, provided they have the required pensionable service record. (Someone with an insufficient pensionable history can retire later). It should be mentioned that on March 24, 2022, the Verkhovna Rada adopted draft law No.7180, allowing military members (privates, sergeants, starshynas, and junior and senior officers to serve up to 65 of age if voluntarily requested. According to applicable laws, the maximum service age for these soldiers is 60 years old. The bill was voted for and submitted to be signed by the president on April 2. However, as of August 19, the document still remained unsigned and thus was not yet in effect.
- The primary source was a post on the Telegram channel Legitimny dated July 15, 2022. The channel’s authors did not indicate the source or provide any arguments for why Ukraine is allegedly responsible for the possible crisis. Earlier, the SBU said the Telegram channel collaborates with russian special services, regularly disseminating disinformation about Ukraine. russia carried out aggression against Ukraine back on February 20, 2014. Another stage of russian aggression (i.e., a full-scale invasion) began on February 24, 2022. russia is to be held responsible for aggressive actions because Ukraine did not resort to provocations or violate russia’s sovereignty and territorial integrity. Although russia also accused Ukraine of violating the Minsk agreements, it had repeatedly violated all peace agreements itself. In particular, russia and its controlled forces in Donbas had violated the ceasefire regime and recognized the quasi-republics of the LPR/DPR prior to the large-scale invasion.
- The banner with the news feed in the shared video was edited. In a program on July 22, the news feed read: “Detienen a un conductor de vtc por abusar de una pasajera en Madrid mientras conducía drogado ” (“VTC driver was arrested for abusing a passenger in Madrid while driving under influence”). There was no mention of Ukrainian refugees purportedly burning the area or setting fire to a russian flag on camera. The telecast was about the July fires in Spain, particularly in Zamora (a city and a province in Spain), and their consequences. Notably, different times were shown for the text about the alleged Ukrainian refugees in the shared video (15:34 vs. 15:26 in the original piece).
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 2 p.m. on August 18
- Ukrainian refugees’ children are kidnapped in large numbers in Europe. The countries’ police and Ukrainian diplomats in Europe cannot resolve this issue.
- Zelensky is preparing to blow up the Zaporizhzhia NPP, currently “warming up” in Crimea.
- The Armed Forces kill animals en masse damaging the environment in the so-called DPR. In response, proceedings were opened on the grounds of “ecocide” against Ukraine’s Armed Forces.
Now the TRUTH:
- Because of the large number of refugees in Europe, the risk of child abduction and human trafficking has indeed become greater. EU Commissioner for Home Affairs Ilva Johansson warned about this back in March. However, russia currently brings up several cases on this topic to create an effect of child abduction being a mass phenomenon, with Europe unable to do anything about it. This is how russia is trying to demonize our partners and prove that Europe is not really helping Ukrainian refugees, incapable of protecting them. In fact, the issue of child abduction and human trafficking did not arise with the influx of Ukrainian refugees but has existed for many years. European and international institutions constantly seek ways to counter and prevent human trafficking.
- The reality is that russia commits crimes against ecology. As of July 27, the Ministry of Environmental Protection and Natural Resources documented over 2,000 instances of russia’s crimes against the environment. Among them were threats to nuclear and radiation safety (the occupation of the Chornobyl Nuclear Power Plant in the spring and the capture and shelling of the ZNPP), attacks on infrastructure and industrial facilities, and overall environmental pollution as a result of the hostilities. As of August 10, over 30% of Ukraine’s territory was deemed potentially contaminated by various ammunition and explosive devices.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 9 a.m. on August 17
- Pro-russian Telegram channels are convinced that the war can only end if: a new Minsk 3 agreement is signed; Ukraine fully surrenders; Ukraine’s military leadership is dead; a Maidan occurs in russia or Ukraine; and other, larger, wars break out globally.
- russian media outlets are trying to convince us of a “household nationalism” flourishing in Western Ukraine. They provide an example of a russian-speaking woman outraged that residents of Western Ukraine humiliate russian-speakers. This so-called “household nationalism” turns into Nazism against fellow citizens from eastern and southern regions.
- US GMLRS and U.K. Brimstone missiles were discovered near the ZNPP, which confirms that the Armed Forces (not russia) shelled the ZNPP.
- Pro-russian Telegram channels say they learned from their OPU sources that the Cabinet of Ministers had agreed to sell more firewood to the E.U. to help Europe survive the energy crisis. For this, the Carpathians forests must be cut down on a large scale, resulting in the flooding of Carpathian and Transcarpathian towns.
- 30,000 tons of grain have been decaying for two months in the Rubizhne elevator, bombarded by the Ukrainian Armed Forces in the spring of this year. In all the “military special operation” months, the Ukrainian punishers did not allow the farmers to get the grain, pounding the elevator with artillery fire.
- The reason for shelling the Zaporizhia NPP by the Armed Forces is apparent. In this way, Kyiv makes it clear that if there are referendums in the Zaporizhzhia and Kherson regions, the authorities will organize “Chernobyl 2.0.” The Armed Forces continue to operate under a “scorched earth” scheme, destroying everything behind them, if possible. The fate of the residents of the liberated areas is of concern only to the russians. russians are held responsible for all things destroyed, including by the Ukrainian military.
- Ukrainians are getting out of their Western curators’ control, which is entirely predictable. No one in the West understands what to do with this uncontrollable force. The West is developing the message that the ZNPP’s territory should be a “demilitarized” zone with European peacekeepers brought in. However, any “demilitarized zone” around the Zaporizhzhia NPP will be immediately violated by the Kyiv regime and occupied by the Armed Forces. If the Ukrainian forces occupy the ZNPP, the threat of a nuclear disaster will increase manifold.
Now the TRUTH:
- Notably, none of the versions mentions Ukraine’s victory, with other options being either capitulation, peace agreements that would be unfair and unfavorable for Ukraine, or simply distracting russia’s attention. Pro-russian sources keep spreading the straightforward narrative that Ukraine cannot win this war. Such narratives aim to discourage, demoralize, and force us to pressure the authorities to hold peace talks with russia.
- It is not the first time russia has argued that the so-called “domestic nationalism turning into Nazism” is flourishing in the west of Ukraine. To confirm this russia often uses reports on alleged persecution of russian speakers. In doing so, russian propaganda outlets are trying to pass individual cases off as a large-scale phenomenon. The reality is that Western Ukraine has helped immigrants greatly, regardless of the region of Ukraine they hail from. Such narratives aim to drive a wedge between Ukrainians, divide and polarize society, and undermine our joint work for victory. Furthermore, russia is trying to use such statements to justify the need for the so-called “denazification” of Ukraine.
- To confirm that Ukraine shelled the ZNPP russian media outlets and Telegram channels provided photos of fragments of British and American missiles allegedly found near the ZNPP. However, the images are insufficient to prove that the Armed Forces fired at the ZNPP. It is generally not clear from the photos whether they were indeed taken near the ZNPP or at least in Enerhodar. Pictures of rocket debris that could be picked up anywhere are used in the wrong context. In fact, it makes no sense for Ukraine’s Armed Forces to create a nuclear threat to Ukraine. Instead, russia continues to blackmail Ukraine and the entire world by occupying the ZNNP and deploying military equipment and ammunition on its territory.
- Notably, M.P.s of the already banned OPFL had spread false statements about the total cutting down of Carpathian forests for export to the EU for years. The EU reportedly demanded that Ukrainian forests be cut down in exchange for membership. Now they are saying deforestation is necessary to gain favors from Europe. But this is not true. First, you should not trust anonymous sources because no one can verify their reputation and the authenticity of their words. Second, regarding deforestation, the EU demanded that Ukraine lift the moratorium on the export of roundwood since it contradicted the provisions of the Association with the E.U. on free trade. It may now have to do with easing restrictions on trade within the European integration framework.
- russian troops destroyed the elevator in Rubizhne back in May. According to Serhiy Haidai, head of the Luhansk Regional Military Administration, “their goal is the Holodomor. The occupiers destroyed the elevator in Rubizhne with aerial bombs. Satellite images by the Planet Lab company indicate russia dropped powerful bombs on Golden AGRO LLC in Rubizhne. The elevator complex, established in 2020, was completely destroyed.”
- The possibility of Ukraine attacking its nuclear power plant is low for economic and environmental reasons. First, switching off the station would cut off electricity in Ukraine’s southern regions. After all, the station occupied by the russians is still connected to the domestic power network providing electricity to the neighboring areas. Of course, the government considered alternative ways of supplying electricity should the ZNPP be disconnected from the grid. However, this decision would have an uncomfortable impact on the state budget. Energy Minister Herman Halushchenko said Ukraine would be able to use reserve capacities or buy electricity from the EU. Therefore, our state would have to stop exporting electricity to Europe, sacrificing billions of dollars. The second factor is probably the most important and dangerous. Damage to the station would cause an environmental disaster not of a lesser scale than that of the Chornobyl nuclear power plant. Experts warn that radiation could spread across Ukraine and several European countries. In addition, the proximity of the ZNPP to the Kakhovka Reservoir would inevitably lead to pollution of the waters of the Mediterranean and Black Seas. What’s more, this unnatural disaster would take the lives of tens of thousands of civilians and liquidators, with the Zaporizhzhia region becoming utterly unsuitable for life.
- Citing international norms, Human Rights Commissioner Dmytro Lubinets said an attack on a station where nuclear or radiological materials are used is an act of nuclear terrorism. Accordingly, any actions that might cause the release of radiation are considered atomic terrorism. During the occupation of the Zaporizhzhia NPP, the russians have repeatedly exposed the facility to dangers. It is worth recalling seizing the station on March 4. The russian military struck one of the power units, causing a fire at the atomic station. The invaders kept on shelling for a long time, preventing the firefighters from getting to the place promptly. They miraculously avoided the release of radiation. However, the russians continue to blackmail the world with nuclear explosions. For instance, in a recent report, ISW experts said the occupiers had mined the Zaporizhzhya NPP. Reviewers cite an investigation by a Bellingcat reporter, Willem Zwanenburg, who analyzed the station’s satellite images. The author wrote about many service members and equipment on the object’s territory. Zwanenburg also noticed recently dug trenches, assuming the russians could strike Ukraine from those positions. Previously, Petro Kotin had said the russian military regularly shelled Nikopol from the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 2 p.m. on August 16
- Information spread online about Ukraine’s Armed Forces firing HIMARS passed to Ukraine under the U.S. assistance program blindly. Anton Herashchenko, an adviser to Ukraine’s Ministry of Internal Affairs, spoke about the “blind” work of HIMARS during his interview with Newsweek. Military observer Oleksandr Khrolenko also said HIMARS would not change the balance of forces at the front lines or “save the Armed Forces.” He claimed the HIMARS did not help the Ukrainian army but underwent range tests.
- russian propaganda outlets spread the statement made by a high-ranking Pentagon official about Ukraine’s Armed Forces striking (apparently accidentally) the detention center in Olenivka (Donetsk region) where prisoners of war from the Azov regiment were held. They claimed the explosion occurred due to the impact of the HIMARS system missiles, with fragments of the system missiles found on the territory of the isolation ward.
- On July 12, 2022, the russian president’s press secretary Dmitry Peskov announced the desire of many Ukrainians to obtain russian citizenship. He thus supported the decree signed by vladimir putin on July 11, making it easier for Ukrainians to get russian citizenship. Peskov also said, “The special military operation is not against Ukrainians but the regime.“
Now the TRUTH:
- On July 28, 2022, Newsweek published an interview with Anton Herashchenko where the politician answered the question about what Ukraine still needed to continue fighting. Herashchenko did not speak about the ineffectiveness of HIMARS or “blind shooting” but emphasized that Ukraine needed new technologies for finding artillery targets. He said, “HIMARS and heavy artillery are a good first step, but if we don’t have the technology to locate and adjust targets for artillery strikes, then we’re just firing blind shots.”
- This is not true. Pentagon officials did not make any assumptions about the involvement of the Ukrainian military in the killing of prisoners of war in Olenivka. On July 29, 2022, a high-ranking Pentagon official said at a press conference with journalists that he did not have information about who was to blame for murdering prisoners of war in Olenivka. However, he remarked we should treat the russian version of events with extreme caution. When asked by a Reuters journalist about using HIMARS to strike Olenivka, an official replied he could not provide specific information. Regarding russia’s statement about HIMARS missiles’ fragments on the territory of the detention center, the official stated that russia might have many pieces of such missiles since Ukraine’s Armed Forces had repeatedly used HIMARS to strike military targets. The Pentagon official said: “Here’s the last thing I’d say, if it happened to be a Ukrainian strike, I promise you, number one, they didn’t mean to do that, right? They certainly care about their own people, and they care about the civilians and military in uniform of their own army.” The Pentagon did not say Ukraine’s Armed Forces inadvertently hit the isolation ward in Olenivka. The representative said they did not have enough information to discuss the strike on Olenivka. The Institute for the Study of War assumed that russia stood behind the explosion in Olenivka. This was pointed out by high-ranking American officials and indicated by a picture of the building after the blast.
- This is not true. There is no confirmation of many Ukrainians’ desire to obtain a russian passport. russia carries out forced and illegal passportization in Ukraine’s temporarily occupied territories. There is no confirmation of great excitement among people in the temporarily occupied territories about holding a russian passport. For instance, on the first day of issuing russian passports, 23 people applied for russian citizenship in Kherson and 30 in Melitopol. According to the National Resistance Center, due to the failure to issue passports, the russians are resorting to various methods of bribing the public, including handing out money to vulnerable sections of the population, forcibly handing out passports in detention facilities, etc. At the same time, the occupation authorities want to receive personal data from the residents of the temporarily occupied territories to hold a referendum. As of August 1, about 10,000 residents of the occupied Kherson and Zaporizhzhia regions (i.e., about 1% of the adult population) reportedly received passports.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of noon on August 11
- Not a single russian aircraft at the Saky airbase was damaged.
- Armed Forces members disguised in russian uniforms demonstratively robbed private houses and used physical violence against the civilians of Slovyansk. It is claimed that the looting of the Armed Forces was captured on video to spread fake news in Western media.
- In Dnipro, Ukraine’s Armed Forces members set up a base in school No.23 (Yavornytskyi Avenue), with artillery and armored vehicles deployed nearby.
Now the TRUTH:
- The destruction of at least seven planes was confirmed, in particular, by CNN. Two more planes must have been damaged. Ukraine’s Armed Forces General Staff reported nine destroyed aircraft when summing up the occupiers’ losses.
- There is no confirmation that the Armed Forces robbed civilians’ houses in Slovyansk, pretending to be russian soldiers. On July 21, 2022, the head of russia’s national defense management center, colonel-general Mykhail Mizintsev, said Ukraine’s Armed Forces had prepared a provocation in Slovyansk to discredit russia’s army. To implement it, Ukrainian troops dressed in russian uniforms with St. George ribbons on and demonstratively looted private houses using physical violence against civilians. At the same time, information and psychological operations specialists of Ukraine’s Armed Forces took photos and videos of “acts of looting” allegedly committed by russia. No video or photo of these events has been published by publications with a high-level, factual presentation of information. The russians wanted to use this fake story to protect themselves from future accusations of war crimes in Slovyansk they were trying to capture.
- Besides the specialized multidisciplinary school No.23, the Dnipro National History Museum is also located on Yavornytskyi Avenue. There is an exhibition of Soviet military equipment in the museum’s courtyard near the Battle for the Dnipro dioramas. These are museum exhibits that do not belong to the Armed Forces. Museum employees note the equipment is unsuitable for combat.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of noon on August 10
- Kyiv has been shelling the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant to justify the deployment of peacekeepers on its territory and thus justify the introduction of a NATO peacekeeping contingent. Ukraine’s president even proposed this.
- Switchblade 300 kamikaze drones that Ukraine received from its Western partners are offered for sale on the darknet.
- Captured Azov members confirm the colony in Olenivka was struck by HIMARS
Now the TRUTH:
- To start with, the introduction of peacekeepers to the territory of the ZNPP was proposed by Ukraine’s former president and European Solidarity’s current leader, Petro Poroshenko – not Volodymyr Zelensky. Secondly, and more importantly, the shelling of the ZNNP and nuclear terrorism is carried out by russia, not by the Armed Forces. Let us recall that due to the occupation and actions of the russian military, the Zaporizhzhia NPP operates with the risk of violating radiation and fire safety standards.
- There is no real reason to believe that kamikaze drones from the Ukrainian front lines are sold on the darknet. Any drone owners with access to the “shadow section of the Internet could place such an announcement.” Notably, the statements about Ukraine allegedly selling Western weapons in black markets are spread solely by russia. Representatives of the West, international organizations, and partner countries have never expressed such doubts. Even statements made by purportedly foreign experts and relayed by russia come precisely from the Kremlin’s “pocket” experts or organizations.
- The prisoners’ statements can neither be confirmed nor denied because they probably give their testimony under the occupiers’ pressure. However, according to Ukraine’s Prosecutor General citing international experts and the testimony of journalists and investigative analysts, the occupiers most likely blew up the Olenivka colony with thermobaric weapons. The russian terrorist attack appears to have been aimed at hiding the traces of torture of Ukrainian prisoners of war.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 1 p.m. on August 9
- russian media outlets posted information about the former U.S. ambassador to russia, Michael McFaul. He reportedly said that many American scientists supported the words of russian president vladimir putin about the historical unity of russia and Ukraine. He allegedly said it during a conversation with the Ukrayinska Pravda publication on July 14.
- russian media disseminated information that Egypt permanently terminated the contract for supplying Ukrainian grain because it found Ukraine would not be able to fulfill it due to the small amount of grain in storage. The decision was reportedly made after russia’s foreign ministry head Sergei Lavrov’s visit to Egypt.
- On July 31, information spread online about the Serbian army receiving chevrons with the words “Crimea is Russia, Alaska is Russia. Everything is Russia, except for Kosovo. Kosovo is Serbia” and russia’s coat of arms in connection with the escalation between Serbia and Kosovo.
Now the TRUTH:
- In an interview for the NAZK project “UKRAINE NOW. Vision for the Future,” Michael McFaul said many in the US supported putin’s statements about the unity of Ukrainians and russians. A text version of the interview is available on the Ukrayinska Pravda website. McFaul pointed out that even scientists and professors were thinking about it. In the US, “there’s a lot of people that share some of Putin’s statements about Ukraine: ‘Russians, Ukrainians they’re all the same, aren’t they? Their languages are basically the same, right? Didn’t Russia start in Kyivan Rus?’ There are lots of people, even scholars and professors in my country, who think along those terms..” Michael McFaul described a problem currently existing in American society. He did not say many scientists supported putin’s allegations. He only said there were those among scientists who shared ideas about the common history and language of Ukrainians and russians. McFaul pointed out that we need to conclude from this war that myths about Ukraine’s history need to finally be dispelled, primarily with the help of Ukrainian scientists.
- The previous contract was terminated because Ukraine could not supply grain to Egypt and fulfill the contractual terms on time due to russia blocking the ports. The contract was signed before the russian invasion of Ukraine. Ukraine’s Chamber of Commerce and Industry explained that Egypt would conclude a new contract with Ukraine for grain supply. Mykhailo Nepran, the first vice-president of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Ukraine, announced this on Hromadske radio. Mykhailo Nepran cited Ukraine’s Ambassador to Egypt, Mykola Nahornyi as saying that Egypt officially assured us it would not refuse cooperation with Ukraine under any circumstances and would be ready to work with Ukraine in future grain procurement. Ukraine has sufficient grain reserves for our own consumption and foreign markets. By 2022, 75% of Ukrainian grain production was exported. Ukraine and russia are critical suppliers of wheat in Egypt and, accordingly, competitors, so it is beneficial for russia to spread information about Ukraine being an unsuccessful trading partner.
- The photo became popular and stirred discussions in 2015 on Reddit with the caption “A Serbian twit: Crimea is Russia, Alaska is Russia. Everything belongs to Russia, except Kosovo. Kosovo is Serbia” (“Крим је Русија, Аљаска је Русија. Све је Русија, осим Косова. Косово је Србија”). Twitter users shared this phrase in 2017 and 2021. According to the author, media outlets reported handing out similar chevrons in Serbia. However, we did not find any mention of this in the media.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 1 p.m. on August 8
- The Ukrainian Armed Forces have been shelling the Zaporizhzhia NPP to demand more weapons from the West. With these shellings, the army is putting pressure on Ukrainians to leave the temporarily occupied regions, thus disrupting the referendums.
- Volodymyr Zelensky releases prisoners that committed grave crimes to cover up the “holes” at the front lines.
- Only 30% to 40% of weapons from Western partners reach the front lines, as stated in a CBS News story.
- Amnesty International’s conclusion regarding the Armed Forces’ positions and deploying military equipment in residential areas only confirms the need to demilitarize Ukraine. At the same time, it means the US is preparing to conclude a peace agreement with russia on the so-called “Ukrainian case.”
Now the TRUTH:
- russia carries out nuclear terrorism, not the Armed Forces. Frequent shelling of the Zaporizhzhia NPP by russian troops using multiple rocket launchers over the past few days caused a severe risk to the plant’s safe operation. As a result of the russian troops’ strikes, emergency protection was activated on a power unit, with one of the three working power units getting disconnected. The shelling caused serious damage to the nitrogen-oxygen station and the combined auxiliary building. There are still risks of hydrogen leakages and sputtering radioactive substances, and the high fire danger. Three radiation monitoring sensors were also damaged. The station’s Ukrainian staff continues to do their best to ensure nuclear and radiation safety and eliminate the consequences of damage.
- There are no grounds or evidence to believe the president released prisoners who had committed grave crimes to compensate the Ukrainian army’s losses. russia has been spreading horror stories among the Ukrainian population about criminals released from prisons to man the military since at least 2014. A new fake news wave in russian media and propaganda outlets arose after it became known that PMC Wagner had already recruited over a thousand prisoners from at least 17 russian colonies to send them to war against Ukraine.
- The CBS News story actually claimed that only 30%-40% of military aid from partners made it to the front lines. However, the story did not explicitly say the rest ended up on the black market, as reported by CBS News on Twitter after a flurry of criticism over their documentary. At least from April, russia has been spreading the narrative about weapons provided by Western countries ending up in black markets. However, russian disinformation never provides any evidence or arguments for this; therefore, such statements are baseless. Instead, Ukraine’s Western partners have already testified that claims of arms smuggling are part of the russian propaganda machine.
- On August 4, the international human rights organization Amnesty International published a report stating the Ukrainian military endangered the civilian population by setting up bases in residential areas. The Times called Amnesty International’s report putin’s propaganda. According to British journalists, the report’s authors “criticize and castigate the victims of russian aggression.” “The once respected humanitarian organization Amnesty International now shows a pathetic indifference to oppression. After showing her softness towards crime and fascism, she should have the decency to leave the scene,” the publication’s representatives noted. The problem with Amnesty International’s conclusion is that Ukraine is the victim of russian aggression, defending itself in this war. Instead, the international organization likened Ukraine (the victim) to russia (the aggressor). It unjustly blamed Ukraine’s Armed Forces, giving russian propaganda one more reason to justify the so-called “special operation of demilitarizing Ukraine.” Saying the Amnesty International report means that the US is preparing to conclude a peace agreement with russia is nothing more than a conspiracy theory.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 2 p.m. on August 5
- Western information corporations continue to eliminate pro-russian content and delete pro-russian bloggers.
- Ukraine is on the brink of a food disaster, but the Kyiv authorities continue to sell products abroad. Some of them return to the country under humanitarian programs.
- Ukrainian female refugees are kidnapped and forced into sexual slavery in Europe. That’s about “European dignity” and “hospitality.”
Now the TRUTH:
- Social platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or YouTube do not allow hate speech, limiting the spread of disinformation on their media. russian propaganda exclusively spreads disinformation not only in russia and Ukraine but also in most countries of the world. Not only online media or T.V. channels can be the Kremlin’s mouthpieces but also bloggers controlled by the russian government. That is why the world restricts the channels distributing russian propaganda, preventing hostile disinformation from influencing the population.
- There is no objective or actual confirmation of this. Ukraine only exports surplus products and those the domestic market is fully saturated with, e.g., grain crops. Exports will bring in an influx of foreign currency to the country to support our economy, allowing agricultural companies to operate and provide jobs and wages. It is better than losing the available grain due to lack of domestic demand and leaving people without work and wages, don’t you agree? Besides, russia continues to shell Ukrainian fields, grain warehouses, and logistics routes to starve Ukrainians and terrorize the entire world with hunger.
- On July 30, the world celebrated World Day Against Trafficking in Persons. Coincidentally, on this day, media outlets and public organizations discussed how not to become a victim of human trafficking abroad. However, russia picked up this information and twisted it to make it look as if they only wanted to harm Ukrainian women in Europe.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 2 p.m. on August 4
- The russian army destroyed one HIMARS and damaged another. According to another version, six such systems have already been destroyed.
- By striking Olenivka, Ukraine wanted to eliminate the Azov fighters, who witnessed Ukraine’s war crimes and could testify against Ukraine.
- The forced evacuation from the Donetsk region is a PR campaign by the authorities.
Now the TRUTH:
- The Pentagon had already denied russia’s claims that russian troops destroyed six HIMARS in Ukraine, as reported by Pentagon’s acting spokesperson Todd Breasseale. According to him, the Ukrainian military is employing each of the HIMARS missile launchers, which “the US, our Allies, and partners have provided them to defend against russia’s brutal, criminal invasion” with devastating accuracy and effectiveness.
- Ukraine did not bombard Olenivka. Currently, there are grounds for claiming that the explosion at the Olenivka colony was staged by russia to cover up its own crimes of abusing prisoners as well as to accuse Ukraine of destroying witnesses to Ukraine’s alleged war crimes. russia does not allow international organizations and Ukrainian investigators into Olenivka and instead tries to hide all evidence of the staged strike.
- The evacuation from the Donetsk region is not forced but mandatory. If residents of the Donetsk region want to leave, they need to call the administration or write to a chatbot. The administration will then transport them to an evacuation site to take them to another region. After that, people will be issued IDP certificates, provided first aid, and financially assisted. Ukrposhta is ready to pay out the money earmarked in the budget. Those unwilling to evacuate can submit their refusal in writing on their own responsibility.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 9 a.m. on August 3
- German Chancellor Olaf Scholz said that Germany passes the latest weapons to Ukraine, which are not even in service with the German army yet. This means Ukraine is merely a testing ground for Western weapons.
- Ukrainian “Nazis” planted mines on bridges across the Vovcha River in the Dnipropetrovsk region while prepping to stage a provocation.
- Nancy Pelosi’s visit to Taiwan is Ukrainian authorities’ attempt to divert Ukrainians’ attention away from problems on the front lines and personnel changes in the country.
Now the TRUTH:
- In an interview with the Canadian publication The Globe and Mail, Olaf Scholz said that initially, Ukraine received anti-tank systems, mines, guns, ammunition, and non-lethal aid from Germany. Later, Germany began passing heavy armaments to Ukraine: MLRS, self-propelled howitzers, and anti-aircraft systems. Here, Scholz emphasized that some (only some!) weapons were so new that only very few had been produced, with some yet to be introduced in the Bundeswehr. However, it does not mean the systems underwent no testing except now in Ukraine. On the contrary, such actions mean that supporting Ukraine is a priority for our Western partners. After all, Ukraine has been deterring the enemy from attacking all of Europe.
- When russian media outlets say that Ukraine plans some sort of provocation, it usually means that the same should be expected from the russian military. For instance, russia announced the shelling of bridges back in April. It makes no sense for the Armed Forces to destroy Ukrainian bridges. Even when striking the Antonivska Road Bridge in Kherson, the OC South clarified that Ukraine’s Armed Forces value everything in Ukraine, even when it is under occupation. Even then, Ukrainian artillery strikes mainly aim to demoralize the troops.
- Ukrainian authorities could not in any way influence the visit of Nancy Pelosi, a congresswoman and the speaker of the House of Representatives. Therefore, Ukrainian authorities could not have planned on diverting Ukrainians’ attention away from certain events or decisions in connection to Pelosi’s visit to Taiwan. Such statements are nothing but conspiracy theories based on a mere coincidence (not a connection) of events in time.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of noon on August 2
- russia did not forbid Red Cross representatives from gaining access to the Olenivka colony, where captive Azov members were held.
- Ukraine bombarded Olenivka to exert influence on the Ukrainian Armed Forces members, so they would not have a desire to surrender.
- Ukrainian authorities are prolonging the war by refusing to make concessions to russia: in Istanbul, Zelensky was offered to liberate the South and stop hostilities in exchange for Donbas joining the russian federation, but he declined. Reportedly, russia is now waging a more brutal war because of it.
- The Armed Forces are threatening the population of “liberated” Donbas by planting landmines in the “liberated” cities.
Now the TRUTH:
- The International Committee of the Red Cross said their representatives were not allowed to visit the prisoners of war kept in the colony in occupied Olenivka. According to the Prosecutor General, the cause of the explosion in Olenivka was not rocket fire (as russia is trying to prove) but thermobaric weapons.
- The Olenivka tragedy is russia’s deliberate killing of prisoners of war to hide the consequences of their torture and abuse. Moreover, such treatment of captives directly violates the Geneva Conventions.
- russia is violating the grain export agreement concluded in Istanbul. The day after the agreement’s signing, russia shelled the Odesa port, particularly the grain storage area. russia is provoking famine in Ukraine and worldwide, trying to shift the blame for this onto Ukraine.
- The Armed Forces are not threatening the peaceful population of Donbas or any other city. On the contrary, due to the risk of escalation of hostilities, Ukraine has already begun mandatory evacuations of civilians from the Donetsk region to save the lives of as many people as possible.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 2 p.m. on August 1
- russian media outlets and social network users spread information about Germany’s alleged participation in developing biological weapons in Ukraine, as announced by the chief of russian radiation, chemical, and biological protection force, Igor Kirillov. According to him, biological weapons testing projects in Ukraine “were implemented in the interest of Bundeswehr’s Central Medical and Sanitary Service. Bundeswehr specialists reportedly paid particular attention to the causative agent of Crimean Congo fever.
- russian mass media are propagating a conspiracy theory about Ukraine’s wheat fields being burned not by the russian military but by “globalists-neocons,” carrying out their plans to cause global hunger.
- Famine is reportedly planned for next year, “immediately after another pandemic in the fall.” “Global hunger” is part of the globalists’ satanic agenda of correcting man as the work of the Creator,” russian mass media wrote. A UN article titled “The benefits of world hunger” was cited as evidence.
- Ukraine was allegedly going to get nuclear weapons. Arguments were cited that Ukraine already has a scientific base for creating nuclear weapons and even the launch vehicles for nuclear weapons, namely “Zenith” and “Dnipro.”
- People will soon not be able to go outside their own homes. Even now, it is impossible to leave the borders of a district, city, or village without enlistment offices’ permission.
- Experiments are reportedly being carried out in Ukraine to restrict freedom of movement, similar to the recent lockdown in China and the ban on watering gardens in Italy. Experiments are being conducted to eventually turn the world into a concentration camp in which there will be no money in circulation.
Now the TRUTH:
- russian officials are not the first to spread fake news about the German biosecurity program. On March 10, Igor Kirillov said that hundreds of blood serum samples of “exclusively Slavic ethnicity” were passed by Ukraine to the German Bernhard Nocht Institute For Tropical Medicine. The German biosafety program was mentioned on the slides of the presentation. The German Foreign Ministry called russia’s allegations baseless and absurd. Andrea Sasse, the spokesperson for the German Foreign Ministry, said at a briefing on March 11: “ I can say for one that a meeting of the United Nations Security Council is to take place this afternoon at Russia’s request, and that Russia has announced it will raise the allegations there. At this point, I would like to address the allegations: they are absolutely baseless and, from the Federal Government’s point of view, completely absurd. In particular, the statement about German institutes researching bioweapons in Ukraine expressly does not correspond to the facts.” In late March, russia’s permanent representative to the UN office in Geneva, Gennady Gatilov, said Germany had “military biological programs” in Ukraine. According to him, the Bundeswehr financed them. He must have meant the German Biosecurity Program. This biosecurity program was launched in 2013 by Germany’s Ministry for Foreign Affairs. The program’s website says it aims to support partner countries in Africa, Central Asia, and Eastern Europe in controlling bio-risks: from the misuse of pathogens and toxins to outbreaks of pandemics.
- Fires on Ukrainian fields result from the russian military’s deliberate shelling and arson. They specifically use incendiary projectiles to cause fires. According to Forbes estimates, about 350,000 hectares of fields have already been burned in the war zone. In particular, 31 field fires from russian shells were reported in the Donetsk region during this period, destroying 597 hectares of wheat. Last year, losses from field fires amounted to only 6 hectares, with no fires reported as of July 9, 2021. In addition to the Donetsk region, the occupation troops have been bombarding fields in the Kherson, Zaporizhzhia, Dnipropetrovsk, Mykolaiv, Kharkiv, and Luhansk regions. According to police data, large-scale fires break out in the Kherson region daily, with hundreds of hectares of wheat, barley, and other grain crops burned, and field protection strips and forests burning. On July 7, the russian troops’ strikes in the Zaporizhzhia region led to the burning of local fields and the fields in the neighboring Dnipropetrovsk region. As a result, about 20 hectares of wheat burned down.
- The article, titled “The benefits of world hunger” and published in a UN magazine back in 2008, was intended as satire. The author reflected on factors causing and maintaining hunger around the globe. The UN is fighting world hunger, not calling for it.
- Ukraine ultimately gave up nuclear weapons in 1996, with no further plans to restore its nuclear arsenal. The rockets of the Zenit family and the Dnipro rocket, developed at the Southern Machine Building Plant, are used to get economic and scientific space vehicles into orbit. Currently, the Southern Machine Building Plant is not engaged in developing technologies that could be used in the nuclear program.
- The Ukrainian legislation still has provisions prohibiting draftees, those eligible for military service, and reservists from leaving their place of residence/stay during martial law (On military duty and military service, 1992, and On the legal regime of martial law, 2015) or move somewhere without obtaining permission (On mobilization training and mobilization, 1993). That is, it only applies to specific categories of citizens, not all of them. Based on these provisions, on July 5, Ukraine’s Armed Forces General Staff published a new procedure for issuing permits for travel outside the boundaries of one’s place of residence (stay) during martial law. However, the shortcomings of the prescribed mechanism for obtaining permits and inaccurate terms provoked an angry reaction from society. The order was canceled already on July 6. Currently, a parliamentary committee is considering a bill to exclude the above-mentioned provisions from the laws. Therefore, as of July 2022, the provisions are not in effect since the laws contain no precise mechanism for their implementation.
- Any statements regarding the impossibility of leaving one’s house without permission and conducting experiments to turn the world into a concentration camp are unfounded. A strict lockdown was introduced in the spring of 2022 in some Chinese cities due to a sharp jump in Covid-19 incidence rates. On April 14, the country saw the most coronavirus cases since the pandemic’s onset (over 20,000 daily). Water restrictions in Italy are caused by the worst drought in 70 years in the southern region of Europe. Because of the drought, 30% of the country’s agricultural land is threatened. Italy’s Sesia river has almost dried up, with the Dora Baltea and Po rivers carrying only one-eighth of their usual volume of water.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 10 a.m. on July 29
- Information spread online about the Cabinet of Ministers resuming paying UAH 6,500 to Ukrainians: “It’s official! The NBU named the reasons why UAH 6,500 were NOT paid to those left without work because of the war or those who’d paid taxes for the 4th quarter. PrivatBank, OshchadBank, Monobank, and others will pay out the money. Follow the link to find out how to submit an application and when to expect payment.”
- russian media outlets spread information about the European Parliament doubting Ukraine’s ability to pay off the loan debts. The piece cited a statement by French MEP Thierry Mariani for russian RT.
- russian media outlets spread information about Brazilian president Jair Bolsonaro suggesting a solution to the russo-Ukrainian war, namely the surrender of Ukraine.
Now the TRUTH:
- The UAH 6,500 cash assistance under the eSupport program began to be paid out on March 8, 2022. Salaried employees for whom their employers paid the single social contribution and individual entrepreneurs of all groups were eligible to receive the aid. Residents of the areas of active hostilities at the time the program was adopted (the Chernihiv, Sumy, Kharkiv, Kherson, Mykolaiv, Zaporizhzhia, Donetsk, Luhansk, Zhytomyr, Odesa, Volyn, Dnipropetrovsk, and Kyiv regions, and the city of Kyiv) could also receive payment. On March 31, 2022, the provision of the service was stopped. One could apply for assistance of UAH 6,500 under the eSupport program up until this date. The Cabinet of Ministers did not announce a continuation of monetary aid.
- The statement regarding Ukraine’s inability is Thierry Mariani’s personal position. The European Parliament’s website contains no official information about Ukraine’s ability to repay loans, while Mariani does not express the position of the entire European Parliament. Thierry Mariani is a French MEP from the far-right National Rally and the Kremlin’s ardent supporter. Propaganda outlets cited Mariani referring to russian TV channel Russia Today (RT). In 2017, RT opened an office in Paris, where the MEP joined as an “ethics committee” member.
- This statement is baseless: the Brazilian president did not present his vision for ending the war but only said he had an opinion. During a visit to the state of Maranhão on July 14, Jair Bolsonaro said he knew how the russian-Ukrainian war could be resolved. The president emphasized he would share his vision only with Ukraine’s president Volodymyr Zelensky: “I’ll tell him my opinion, what I think. The solution to this. I know how it could be resolved. But I won’t tell anyone.” Brazil’s president hinted the proposed solution would be similar to what ended the war between the UK and Argentina in 1982 (the conflict over the Falkland Islands). “The solution to this case would be like how Argentina’s war with the UK ended in 1982.” Brazil’s president did not provide further details to clarify.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 3 p.m. on July 28
- According to russian media outlets, The New York Times (NYT) pointed out the failure of anti-russian sanctions, saying, “The West’s attempts to choke russian oil exports are hitting back like a boomerang.”
- Since July 27, 2022, information has been spread online about there being “no problem” selling to russia a license for producing the Bayraktar TB2 combat UAV. It is claimed that production of the first drones at the aircraft factory in Ulyanovsk could begin as early as September, but Ankara wants to receive part of the payment in the form of ready-made drones.
- russian media outlets spread information about Hillary Clinton calling on the US to pass some of its nuclear weapons to Ukraine to end the war.
Now the TRUTH:
- The NYT did indeed publish an article titled “Western Move to Choke Russia’s Oil Exports Boomerangs, for Now.” It said that when the US and the EU moved to curtail purchases of russian fossil fuels, they hoped it would help make the russian invasion of Ukraine so economically painful for moscow that putin would be forced to abandon it. “That prospect now seems remote at best,” wrote the NYT. The NYT did not write about the ultimate failure of sanctions against russia. Moreover, the publication said the European oil embargo has yet to take effect. Some say the long-term impact of russia’s economic ostracism over the war remains a powerful determiner of the country’s fate. “Those effects extend far beyond the trade in fossil fuels, hobbling Russian banking and other industries, but it is largely the sale of oil and gas that keeps the government — and its military — afloat,” the article said.
- The news was published on the satirical portal Panorama with a disclaimer: “All texts on this website are grotesque parodies of reality and are not real news.” Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said at a Justice and Development Party meeting that putin offered cooperation with Baykar, the manufacturer of the Bayraktar TB2 UAVs. Any agreements regarding the cooperation and assembly of the first drones at the Ulyanovsk aircraft factory and product payment details were not discussed. Turkey’s Baykar Makina’s CEO, Haluk Bayraktar, declared he would not cooperate with russia. He also assured Ukraine of his support for its sovereignty in the fight for independence.
- We found no such statements by Hillary Clinton on any of her official pages on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. No publications mentioned such appeals on Clinton’s official website. Media outlets with high-level, factual presentation of information also did not report such statements as made by Clinton during her interviews or speeches. Online search did not yield any results either. After russia’s large-scale invasion of Ukraine, Hillary Clinton called for imposing tougher financial sanctions against russia and putin and for preventing russia from participating in the G20 summit. She also said russia should be defeated and withdraw its troops from Ukraine’s territory. Clinton never mentioned passing nuclear weapons to Ukraine in any of her speeches.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 1 p.m. on July 27
- russian media outlets spread fake news about the Ukrainian military setting up barracks inside the ZAZ plant’s palace of culture, citing Mikhail Mizintsev, chief of russia’s National Defense Management Center.
- Social networks spread information about the Sachsenhausen Memorial allegedly offering shelter to Ukrainian refugees on the territory of a former concentration camp. The posts also shared a photo with a blue and yellow inscription “Welcome to Germany.”
- russian media outlets spread reports about an HGU-56/P ABH helmet (used by NATO countries) allegedly discovered at the site of the downed Mi-8 in Ukraine. They claim the helicopter’s pilot was a NATO pilot or a mercenary from a member state of the Alliance.
Now the TRUTH:
- Since the middle of June, the Right Here open support space has been operating in the ZAZ Palace of Culture. The organization assists Melitopol residents forced to evacuate due to russia’s aggression. Mayor of Melitopol Ivan Fedorov denied fake news about the barracks. He emphasized that it is a relief center: “Ruscists say Nazis are gathering in this building, and weapons and ammunition are being stored here. That’s not true because the center provides humanitarian aid.”
- Sachsenhausen Memorial representatives did not make such statements, and the original photo did not contain a blue and yellow strip saying, “Welcome home.” A reverse image search on Google returned the original picture on the Vive Berlin Tours travel website from October 13, 2019. The photo shows buildings on the territory of the former German concentration camp in Sachsenhausen. We also used the FotoForensics program for verification. Error level analysis (ELE) determined a different degree of pixel compression of individual elements and the photo as a whole. It may indicate that the image has been edited in the highlighted areas. Also, on July 12, Sachsenhausen Memorial said on its official pages on social networks (Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook) that it did not publish such information. The Memorial commented on the fake publications as follows: “We condemn the increasing use of fake news with references to Nazi history to carry out crude propaganda. We counter this with scientifically based historical education.”
- This is fake: NATO troops are not taking part in hostilities in Ukraine. AFU members took a photo of the helmet for an American company. A Google image reverse search returned the helmet photo posted on Instagram by Gentex Corp, a US manufacturer of flight equipment. The company said the picture of the helmet was provided by Ukraine’s Armed Forces as a thank you for the helmets that saved the pilots’ lives. Two crew members of the helicopter shot down in March survived. NATO troops are not participating in the war on Ukraine’s territory. NATO helps its allies provide humanitarian and non-lethal aid to Ukraine. Individual NATO member states supply Kyiv with weapons, ammunition, and various types of light and heavy military equipment. In addition, the members states are helping Ukraine financially. The US passed protective helmets to Ukraine long before 2022. Ukraine adopted HGU-56/P RWH helmets manufactured by Gentex Corp as early as 2020, and in 2021, the Armed Forces purchased about 70 sets of protective helmets. The HGU-68/P helmets of this US manufacturer were supplied to Ukraine back in 2015.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 11 a.m. on July 26
- russia attacked buildings where Ukrainian army soldiers lived in Zatoka, Odesa. According to another version, it was an ammunition depot of Ukraine’s Armed Forces in Zatoka.
- Despite the signed agreement for exporting Ukrainian grain, russia still has the right to continue the so-called “special operation” and, therefore – to attack military infrastructure facilities. The russian strikes on Odesa and Zatoka are entirely legitimate military targets.
- The SBU is planning a chemical provocation against the civilian population of Sloviansk.
Now the TRUTH:
- There is no reason to believe that Zatoka, attacked by russian missiles, was home to soldiers of Ukraine’s Armed Forces or had an ammunition depot. On the morning of July 25, russia launched a missile attack on residential buildings and the Zatoka recreation area in the Odesa region.
- russia constantly justifies missile strikes on civilian infrastructure with so-called military targets. That is how russia justified the attack on the Amstor shopping center in Kremenchuk, the Officers’ House in Vinnytsia, and the Odesa port’s grain storage, continuing to use the same line of reasoning concerning Zatoka in Odesa. In reality, russia has been terrorizing Ukrainian population, trying to destroy military and civilian infrastructure. The attacks on ports and grain warehouses testify to the fact that russia is trying to create famine and a humanitarian catastrophe in Ukraine and worldwide.
- Ukraine’s Security Service, other law enforcement agencies, and Ukraine’s army do not plan or conduct provocations involving chemical weapons. However, the use of chemical weapons – both to poison opponents and carry out mass attacks – is precisely the tactic of the russian army.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 11 a.m. on July 25
- Bombarding Odesa’s port: according to one of the versions, the shelling was carried out by Ukraine’s Armed Forces, having bought Kalibr missiles from russia in exchange for the Caesar self-propelled howitzers.
- According to another version, the Odesa port was shelled by russia, aiming at a Ukrainian warship and a warehouse with US Harpoon missiles. This version came from the defense ministry only two days after russia’s strike.
- The devaluation of the hryvnia, inflation, and fuel shortages all result from the policies pursued by the “Kyiv regime,” unwilling to negotiate peace but rather inclined to prolong the war.
Now the TRUTH:
- On July 23, the russian military struck the Odesa sea trade port with Kalibr cruise missiles. There was grain in the port for export. The shelling took place the day after Ukraine, Turkey, and the UN signed an agreement in Istanbul about unblocking ports and exporting Ukrainian grain. In the same version of shelling the port, russian propaganda outlets used a mix of several fake news pieces at once: re-selling weapons on the black market and staged shelling. None of these narratives are true. First, Ukraine does not re-sell the weapons to russia in exchange for russian missiles or arms. Second, russia once again targeted Ukrainian grain to provoke a food crisis globally, continuing to blame Ukraine for it.
- In the version that came up two days after the terrorist attack, russia admitted to shelling despite its earlier attempts to convince the public through various channels and methods that this was another provocation organized by Ukraine. However, russia’s defense ministry still lied: the attack was carried out on Ukrainian grain, not military infrastructure.
- Ukraine’s falling economy, the devaluation of the hryvnia, and the rise in prices directly result from russia’s waging war against Ukraine, occupying Ukrainian territories, and destroying Ukrainian enterprises, schools, hospitals, etc. russia is solely to blame for what is happening in Ukraine’s economy. An armistice would not solve Ukraine’s economic problems because, in russia’s eyes, peace is when Ukraine falls into russia’s control, recognizing the occupied territories as part of russia, to eventually end up in Ukraine’s complete occupation. By the way, bombarding Odesa’s port immediately after the signing of the grain export agreement shows that any deals with russia are worth zilch.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 11 a.m. on July 22
- In the temporarily occupied territories, the cost of housing and utilities is several times lower than in the Ukrainian government-controlled parts. Ukrainian authorities are constantly increasing the housing and utilities prices, while russian authorities care for the population of their territories.
- Ukrainian drones keep striking on the Zaporizhzhia NPP in Enerhodar.
- The russian Prosecutor’s Office revived the fake news story about the Mariupol Drama Theater, saying the theater was allegedly blown up from the inside by the “Nazis.”
Now the TRUTH:
- russia has been such statements to convince Ukrainians that living under occupation is better than living in Ukraine: reportedly, housing prices are lower, and overall, the government cares more about people. In reality, the russians have been torturing and killing Ukrainians in the occupied territories, deporting them to russia’s disadvantaged regions, establishing a military dictatorship and terror, prohibiting studying the Ukrainian language, literature, and history, and even communication in Ukrainian. The prices for food, household goods, and medicine in the occupied territories are many times higher than in the government-controlled areas, with some essential goods being in short supply. Therefore, low housing and utility prices are nothing but bait for Ukrainians and an attempt to once again undermine Ukrainians’ trust in the authorities.
- The real danger for the NPP comes from the russians occupying the station. The russian military brought at least 14 units of heavy military equipment with ammunition, weapons, and explosives to the engine room of the ZNNP’s first power unit. The entire heavy equipment arsenal and all the ammunition are currently located very close to the equipment, ensuring the operation of the turbogenerator. Therefore, fire risk has increased manyfold, with extinguishing it becoming extremely problematic. For instance, if a fire occurs because of the ammunition’s accidental detonation, its scale could be like that of the Chornobyl nuclear power plant accident.
- There are no grounds to believe that the Mariupol Drama Theater was blown up from the inside by the Ukrainian military. According to various estimates, 300 to 600 people died in the russian attack on the Drama Theater (the exact number of victims cannot be identified while the city is under occupation). The most cynical part is that there was an inscription saying CHILDREN written in huge letters near the theater, which the occupiers, bombing the theater from aircraft, definitely saw before dropping the aerial bomb.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 1 p.m. on July 21
- Ukrainian anti-aircraft defense is not working. Because it reportedly is not working, they want to shift the responsibility for the absence of air defense onto Ukrainians. By adopting the new bill (No.7546), the MPs intend to introduce criminal liability for violating the rules of civil defense under martial law, namely for businesses continuing to operate during air raid alerts.
- Poland received the right to issue passports to citizens of Ukraine; thus, the levers for governing Ukraine continue to gradually drift to Poland.
- The British do not accept the President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky’s rhetoric and do not support providing financial aid to Kyiv by Boris Johnson’s government. The media cited a comment under a piece in the Daily Mail.
Now the TRUTH:
- As of July 21, the Armed Forces shot down 188 helicopters, 221 airplanes, 710 UAVs, and 167 cruise missiles. All of them were destroyed by various anti-aircraft systems in service with the Ukrainian army. Of course, air defense does not provide 100% protection, but no system offers complete protection, including modern Western models. The deputies have not yet voted for Bill No.7546, registered on July 11 and submitted to the designated committee for review. MPs did not explain how the proposed regulations should work in practice. However, the very fact of this project’s existence does not mean it will be adopted.
- Ukraine’s government did indeed adopt Resolution No.678 of June 10, 2022, setting the procedures for an experimental project of issuing foreign passports and ID cards for Ukrainian citizens abroad. On June 30, 2022, the State Migration Service announced the completion of preparatory work for opening an SOE Dokument center in Warsaw, scheduled to start operating in August 2022. Ukrainian citizens abroad can submit questionnaire applications for passport documents issued by four mobile complexes (specially equipped mini-busses). However, allegations about the systematic and consistent handing of Ukraine’s sovereignty over to Warsaw is false. Poland is one of Ukraine’s most consistent and reliable partners.
- russian media outlets cited a comment of a Daily Mail reader under the article calling on Zelensky to end the war before winter set in. We found this article on the publication’s website. The 615 comments under the piece expressed both positive and negative opinions. Currently, it is not possible to add new comments, and the notes under the article say the readers’ comments are their own opinions and do not necessarily reflect the media outlet’s position. Polls show that most Britons support economic sanctions against russia. The international company Ipsos studied the attitudes of the British towards economic restrictions imposed on russia before and after invading Ukraine. Ipsos surveyed 1,023 adults in the UK aged 18 to 75 online and compared it with previously obtained data. It found that support for the government’s economic sanctions had risen to 78%, compared to 61% before the invasion. This shows that the British are positively inclined towards measures to support Ukraine.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 3 p.m. on July 20
- Roman Ratushnyi is a “neo-Nazi militant” involved in anti-government riots in Hong Kong in 2019.
- Ukrainian authorities allegedly intend to sell the Crimean peninsula to russia. The proposal to “give” Crimea to russia in exchange for annual payments was reportedly put forward by Anton Herashchenko, adviser to Ukraine’s Ministry of Internal Affairs, on his official Telegram channel.
- russian media outlets spread information about two Polish army battalions that reportedly arrived in Ukraine. The posts said Polish infantry members were headed for Pavlograd (Dnipropetrovsk region). According to other publications, the Polish battalions were destroyed on Ukraine’s territory.
- russian media spread information about Ukraine’s allegedly losing a German self-propelled artillery installation (SAU) PzH-2000 during hostilities. Media outlets referred to the German publication Bild.
Now the TRUTH:
- Roman Ratushnyi was a Kyiv activist, founder, and leader of the “Let’s Protect Protasiv Yar” initiative. He fought, serving in the reconnaissance of the 93rd Independent Kholodnyi Yar Mechanized Brigade, and died near Izium in the Kharkiv region on June 9, 2022. Ratushnyi supported Ukraine’s Free Hong Kong Center (FHKC). Free Hong Cong Center is an independent information project of the non-profit Liberal Democratic League of Ukraine, aiming to cover political processes in Hong Kong and the Chinese democratic world. Free Hong Cong Center organized campaigns in Ukraine in support of Hong Long’s democratic movement, which Roman Ratushnyi also supported.
- On June 23, Anton Herashchenko published a post on his Telegram channel in which he briefly talked about his interview with NV. Herashchenko said the Crimean peninsula would definitely be Ukrainian, but “most likely, it’ll be a matter of negotiations and further sanctions pressure.” The politician said: “Let russia pay $500 billion in lost revenues for Crimea every year. Then everyone will choke on this Crimea. And then, sooner or later, the peninsula will return thanks to sanctions pressure. That is, he was saying that because of sanctions, russia would be losing $500 billion annually, and this would force it to de-occupy Crimea.
- There is no confirmation that Polish regular troops are participating in the war on Ukraine’s territory. In a comment to the Polish media outlet Konkret24, the Polish Army General Staff denied the information about Polish battalions’ participation in the war on Ukraine’s territory: “This is another fake news that is part of russia’s systematic disinformation activities. Sensational messages from the russian internet network […] are propaganda and part of a multi-stream campaign aiming to gain influence in the global information space.” Poles can fight in Ukraine as part of the International Legion within the Armed Forces. Or, put differently, Poles or any military personnel with foreign citizenship are Ukrainian military personnel if they fight in this legion.
- Among the outlets that published this information were the russian Izvestiya and Argumenty-i-Fakty. In their articles, Izvestiya added a link to Bild’s main page, and Argumenty-i-Fakty cited an article entitled “DAS kann unsere Panzerhaubitze 2000” (“This is what our Panzerhaubitze 2000 can do”) describing the technical capabilities of the system passed to Ukraine. The article does not say that russia captured this howitzer in Ukraine. A search on Bild’s page using the keywords “Haubitze,” “PzH 2000,” and “Panzerhaubitze 2000” did not turn up any pieces saying russians had captured a self-propelled system. No official sources reported about russians seizing a PzH 2000.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 11 a.m. on July 18
- russian media cited Volodymyr Zelenskyi as allegedly saying Ukraine would strike Transnistria. “Kyiv is ready to strike Transnistria because it receives ‘unpleasant signals’ and ‘threats’ from there,” the publications said.
- Ukrainian refugees cut a swastika in a field in a German suburb
- The Ukrainian government planned on deploying NATO bases in Sievierodonetsk and Kupyansk near Kharkiv and southward (Mariupol and Berdiansk).
Now the TRUTH:
- During a press conference, Volodymyr Zelensky emphasized the primary need to stabilize the situation in Transnistria. He said Ukraine would strike back only if attacked from the Transnistrian side: “Even if there is (an attack from the Transnistrian side – ed.), I believe that‘d be a global mistake. We do receive signals, and they’re unpleasant. But the people in the temporarily occupied territory of Moldova (Transnistria) should know. It won’t be a blow for us but a slap, and we’ll definitely strike back. But I believe that, first of all, we should ensure that there is no destabilization in the region. We’re showing it in every possible way.“ Later, Zelensky added: “All the instances we can talk about, they’re, of course, fabricated and made up by the russian federation. Therefore, we’ll react accordingly in case of risks.”
- Flying over Brandenburg in an ultralight two-seater plane with a passenger, journalist Julian Repke noticed an image of a swastika in the local field. The journalist took a picture and later posted it on Twitter, contacting the local police. An investigation is currently underway under Article 86 of the German Criminal Code. Public use of anti-constitutional and terrorist organizations’ symbols, including Nazi symbols, is prohibited by law and punishable by a fine or imprisonment for up to three years. According to neighbors, only 36-year-old Stefan B. and his parents can access the field where the swastika was cut out. In addition, one of them said Stefan had hung a Reich flag from the window. Stefan is known to have removed a swastika image from the field under the supervision of the local police.
- It is prohibited to deploy foreign military bases on Ukraine’s territory according to provisions of Part 7 of Article 17 of the Constitution. Ukraine has strictly adhered to this provision. There are no NATO military bases in Ukraine, and none are planned for construction. A “NATO base” and a “base built according to NATO standards” are two different things. Therefore, according to NATO standards, new military bases in Sievierodonetsk, Mariupol, and Berdiansk were built during 2020-2021. However, NATO has nothing to do with these bases since the Ministry of Defense was responsible for their construction. Applying NATO standards does not mean the Alliance troops will be stationed at these bases in the future. Military cooperation between Ukraine and NATO is limited to helping carry out Ukraine reforms, consultations, exchange of experience between the military, and participation of individual units of Ukraine’s Armed Forces in NATO operations or exercises.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 6 p.m. on July 17
- Near Pokrovsk (still called Krasnoarmiysk by russia) in the so-called DPR, a HIMARS anti-aircraft missile system and its transport-charger were destroyed.
- russia struck the Yuzhmash factory in Dnipro because they had begun producing ballistic missiles there, said Dmitry Rogozin, ex-head of Roscosmos.
- The SBU controls the entire information space, which is why they created a list of allegedly hostile Telegram channels. In reality, these are independent channels not liked by the authorities because they tell the truth.
Now the TRUTH:
- In reality, HIMARS launchers do not have a “charging machine;” the crew themselves loads the missiles.
- Ballistic missiles are no longer manufactured at the Yuzhmash plant. Ukraine does not produce nuclear weapons because it is prohibited by our international obligations, which Ukraine clearly adheres to, unlike russia.
- The SBU does not control Ukraine’s information space: online media outlets independently determine what to write about, what topics to cover, who to interview, etc. Telegram channels on the SBU list (e.g., Legitimny, Resident, Kartel, Nablyudatel, etc.) regularly spread pro-russian narratives. For instance, regarding terrorist attacks in russia, they shift the blame onto the West, reportedly provoking russia, or Ukrainian authorities, reportedly deploying military facilities in the country’s city centers. These channels often spread gossip, rumors, and news from “their anonymous sources” in the authorities, which is totally contrary to any journalistic standards since such information cannot be verified.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 1 p.m. on July 15
- russia does not bomb grain depots. russian troops strike military targets only, particularly weapons depots.
- A rocket attack on the center of Vinnytsia was also a legitimate military target in russia’s eyes. According to various versions, the attack was carried out on the city because the Ukrainian Air Force was based there, or on the military headquarters and commissariat, or no less than to force Ukraine to negotiate peace.
- Ukraine is a military training ground where russia and the West are fighting. But peaceful Ukrainians suffer from this.
Now the TRUTH:
- In reality, russia targeted grain warehouses in Odesa in July and Dnipropetrovsk in May, aiming to provoke famine in Ukraine and globally and to traditionally shift the blame for this onto the country’s leadership. Like, had the grain not been taken out, there would be enough for everyone, or saying that Ukraine organized famine in the world by being reluctant to make concessions to russia. It will be recalled that russia is blocking seaports and grain export routes forcing Ukraine to look for alternative ways of exporting goods. The so-called “weapons depots” allegedly targeted by russia are just a cover for justifying genocide and a new Holodomor.
- The rocket attack on the center of Vinnytsia is another war crime and an act of russian terrorism. The strike left 23 people dead (including three children) and 80 people hospitalized (including three children) with various serious injuries. One hundred ninety-seven people went to the ER; 117 of them were advised to have outpatient treatment. russia is either silent about these victims altogether or, on the contrary, says they are “legitimate” wartime victims. In reality, there are no military facilities at the site of the strike in Vinnytsia, and the Officers’ House is a concert hall, not an army base.
- This is none other but shifting the responsibility for the war from russia to the West, which allegedly provoked russia to attack Ukraine. russia justified its invasion by citing various reasons: from imaginary denazification and demilitarization to restoring the historical territory of the russian empire. russian propaganda outlets regularly propagate the idea that Ukraine is not a state, and that Ukrainians are none other but “Little Russians.” And because of this, russia must restore “historical justice.”
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 2 p.m. on July 14
- Western countries are beginning to understand that weapons should not be passed to Ukraine because they end up on black markets, particularly in Syria or even in russia.
- Ukraine’s Armed Forces destroyed warehouses filled with grain and saltpeter in Nova Kakhovka, not a russian ammunition warehouse.
- russia launched a missile attack on military facilities in Vinnytsia, including the Military Commissariat in the city center. russia’s strike is fully justified by its military goals.
Now the TRUTH:
- Statements about Ukraine allegedly re-selling Western weapons on black markets come only from russia. Ukraine’s Ministry of Defense, the National Security Council, and even EU representatives already confirmed that the information about the alleged “smuggling” of arms received by Ukraine from its Western allies is part of a russian propaganda campaign.
- The russian army’s ammunition depots were destroyed in Nova Kakhovka. However, to avoid confirming its losses, russia disseminated fake stories about the strike hitting grain depots. Overall, a series of strikes on ammunition depots of the Ruscist forces reduces their offensive effectiveness, increasing the possibility of the Armed Forces’ counter-offensive. russia committed another war crime by attacking the center of Vinnytsia. According to the State Emergency Service and the National Police, the missile hit an office building, damaging residential buildings and a concert hall nearby. A fire broke out in the parking lot. As of 2 p.m., 20 were known to be dead, including three children, and at least 90 people sought medical help.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of noon on July 12
- Ukraine’s Armed Forces did not destroy ammunition warehouses in Nova Kakhovka, Kherson region. According to one version of the event, the AFU blew up a saltpeter depot. According to another version, they shelled the city’s civilian infrastructure: schools, hospitals, kindergartens, and residential buildings.
- Ukraine’s Armed Forces fired at facilities near the Zaporizhzhia NPP, showing their readiness for nuclear terrorism.
- The russian strike on Chasovyi Yar in the Donetsk region was a legitimate military objective. Thanks to this strike, russia destroyed 300 “Ukrainian Nazis.”
- Ukrainians have begun to protest against exporting grain abroad. The population understands that the authorities are organizing a famine in the winter to get handouts from the West.
Now the TRUTH:
- The OC South confirmed destroying the occupiers’ ammunition warehouse in Nova Kakhovka. However, russian propaganda outlets began spreading fake stories about Ukrainian shells hitting civilians. Serhii Khlan, an adviser to the head of the Kherson RMA, debunked this fake news: “They’re lying and cannot wrap their minds around their lies. They write our guys hit the hydroelectric power station, then they write it was a hospital and residential buildings, then a russian humanitarian aid center. What amused me most was hitting the saltpeter warehouses that belong to… me. I’ve no idea know what they meant by that. But my sincere congratulations to the guys in the Armed Forces who hit the depots.”
- Last night, the SBU premises housing the russian military in temporarily occupied Energodar were attacked by drones. The bombs hit the building directly. There is no data on enemy casualties because the occupiers withhold information about the consequences. The Zaporizhzhia NPP currently complies with nuclear, radiation, and environmental safety standards, as reported by Energoatom. However, Energodar and the NPP nearby remain under occupation. The actions of the russian occupiers are what can create threats to Ukraine’s nuclear security.
- On July 10, the occupiers fired from Uragan multiple rocket launchers at a five-story building in Chasovyi Yar in the Donetsk region. The russian attack on Chasovyi Yar left at least 35 people dead (including one child) and nine injured. This was not a military target but another war crime committed by russia.
- In reality, only russian and pro-russian sources spread statements about the authorities preparing famine for Ukrainians and Ukrainians allegedly protesting against it. It seems like russia has been trying to scare us with the hunger to shatter Ukrainian society from the inside, using another disinformation piece. There is enough grain in Ukraine for both domestic consumption and export. Nothing indicates that Ukrainians are at risk of starvation because of grain exports. russia’s terrorism (shelling logistics infrastructure, destroying grain depots, and shelling fields) resembles acts of genocide.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 1 p.m. on July 11
- Zelensky ordered to continue exporting grain despite the fire in the fields. Ukrainian authorities are preparing a famine for Ukrainians to make money from it.
- Armed Forces helicopters are burning wheat fields in the Kherson region using “scorched earth tactics.”
- Using hostilities as a cover, LGBT propaganda forces same-sex marriages on Ukrainians.
- Ukraine’s ambassador to Germany, Andrii Melnyk, was fired because the West feared the Nazi ideology he’d espoused would spread beyond Ukraine to Europe.
- Ukrainians use the US HIMARS to shell peaceful cities of the LPR/DPR, killing the civilian population.
- Society is tired of war and will soon begin to demand that Zelensky get back to the Minsk agreements and their implementation.
Now the TRUTH:
- Every year, Ukraine grows more grain than is needed for the domestic market. The rest is exported. So far, Ukraine has been able to ship only 5.2 million tons of grain, with 20 million tons for export blocked in the ports.
- Although Ukraine’s Armed Forces are on the offensive in the South, fighting to liberate the Kherson region, wheat fields are burning because of enemy shelling. Similar fires were reported in the Izium district of the Kharkiv region, where hostilities continue, and in the Zaporizhzhia region.
- This manipulation emerged because the petition on legalizing same-sex marriages gained 25 thousand signatures for the President to consider. First, the initiative did not come from the authorities but from Ukrainian citizens as a petition. Second, LGBT propaganda does not exist per se since it is impossible to impose the choice of gender. On the contrary, the world struggles with discrimination against LGBT community representatives. One of the elements of countering such discrimination is a mere recognition of same-sex marriages. It will allow same-sex couples to legalize their relationships, adopt children, become guardians, and eventually defend their property rights as spouses in court.
- For starters, Andrii Melnyk was dismissed by Zelensky, so it is illogical to speak about Europe being afraid of Nazism invented by Ukraine. Second, besides the ambassador to Germany, Zelensky dismissed eight more ambassadors in different countries. Foreign Ministry’s spokesperson, Oleh Nikolenko, said the dismissal of ambassadors was part of a standard rotation.
- It makes no sense for the Armed Forces to open fire on the civilian population, especially with limited US munitions stocks. Ukrainian defenders use HIMARS to attack the enemy, doing it extremely effectively.
- russia did not fulfill most of the provisions of the Minsk agreements, thereby continuing the conflict. It blocked OSCE observers’ access to certain areas and failed to ensure the delivery of humanitarian aid based on international mechanisms. russia also could not comply with the security provisions of the Minsk agreements (a ceasefire, the complete withdrawal of the pro-russian militants’ units, and the russian military and weapons from Ukraine’s territory). Europe extended sanctions against russia because of this. Ukraine tried to fulfill the security part of the “Minsk,” to which russia did not adhere. However, the agreements’ political clauses clearly contradicted our country’s.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 1 p.m. on July 8
- The networks quoted the UK Foreign Minister, Liz Truss, as saying on June 23, 2022, that Britain and Turkey were closely cooperating on issues of exporting grain from the territory of Ukraine. Social media users concluded from this that the partners were planning to buy Ukrainian grain at a price below market value, thereby dooming Ukraine to famine.
- On the morning of June 29, 2022, russian troops destroyed a training base for foreign mercenaries near Mykolaiv. Igor Konashenkov, an official representative of russia’s defense ministry, reported this during a briefing.
- Ingo Gerhartz, NATO Lieutenant General and Commander-in-Chief of the German Air Force, said NATO was ready to launch a nuclear attack on Ukraine’s territory if necessary. Media outlets cited an article in the German publication Bild.
Now the TRUTH:
- russia is responsible for blocking Ukraine’s sea ports, through which 90% of grain exports were transported before the invasion. russia also mined the waters of the Black and Azov seas. Great Britain and Turkey are interested in lifting the russian blockade of Ukrainian ports and resuming grain exports because solving this problem will prevent or at least alleviate a global food crisis. The food crisis is closely related to the economic crisis, with the latter affecting all countries, particularly Turkey and the UK. For instance, prices of staple foods in the UK have been rising at the fastest rate in 14 years. As for food stocks in Ukraine, grain export by sea will not lead to famine in the country. In May 2022, the Minister of Agrarian Policy said that 20 million tons of grain from last year’s harvest remained in Ukraine, not needed for domestic consumption and intended for export. Due to the sea blockade, this volume cannot be quickly delivered to world markets.
- At 7 a.m. on June 29, the mayor of Mykolaiv, Oleksandr Sienkevych reported on a russian missile hitting a high-rise building. Later, the head of Mykolayiv RMA, Vitalii Kim, published a video of the enemy rocket hitting a house full of civilians. Eight people died as a result of the airstrike. Sienkovych also said that a rocket hit a garage cooperative during the morning shelling. A recreation center, the port, and industrial infrastructure also came under fire. No official bodies or reliable media outlets reported hitting military facilities.
- The Bild article cited Ingo Gerhartz as saying that, if necessary, NATO countries should be ready to use nuclear weapons in response. That is, if russia uses such weapons first. The article citing Gerhartz’s speech does not mention Ukraine or its territory. The NATO general did not talk about a nuclear attack on Ukraine’s territory carried out by the Alliance.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 2 p.m. on July 7
- Biden has been trying to loudly accuse the russian president of the Ukrainian war in an attempt to save his rating. However, as vice president, Biden held the “Ukrainian portfolio” in his hands, leading the illegal coup d’état in Ukraine in 2014 that overthrew the democratically elected president Viktor Yanukovych.
- A group of Ukrainian servicemen sold French CAESAR self-propelled artillery systems to russia for $120,000 apiece, with the actual cost of one howitzer being about $7 million. The Bulgarian Military publication cited its sources in the French Armed Forces command and Interpol.
- Lavrov: The West must realize that it bears responsibility for the deaths of civilians, primarily in Donbas and other parts of Ukraine, where the Kyiv regime has been using weapons against the civilian population as a means of intimidation. This is state terror.
Now the TRUTH:
- US President Joe Biden and the United States as a whole were not the organizers of the so-called “coup d’état” in 2014. That’s what russia calls the Revolution of Dignity when Ukrainians protested against the pro-russian president Yanukovych’s refusal to join the European Union. Ukrainians voluntarily protested in 2014, with no external forces involved. Instead, russia refers to similar protests in Ukraine and other countries (e.g., protests in Kazakhstan earlier this year and protests in Belarus after Lukashenka’s election) as “color revolutions” led by Western curators. This is how russia usually tries to explain the countries’ utterly logical dissatisfaction with the pro-russian regimes, shifting the “organization” of protests from civil society to imaginary external forces.
- The article in Bulgarian Military cited lawyer Régis de Castelnau. However, on June 20, he wrote on Twitter that russia “seized [not bought! – ed.] French howitzers whole and intact.” On June 24, the French media reported that the French general staff called R. de Castelnau’s information “unlikely and implausible” because “there is no evidence to support it.” Yet on July 5, the Bulgarian Military website cited R. de Castelnau and “unidentified French sources” to conclude that the howitzers had actually been sold.
- Ukraine does not use its own weapons or weapons obtained from foreign partners to intimidate the civilian population. Weapons and munitions are available in Ukraine in limited quantities, so it would be at least illogical to use them against Ukrainians and not against the enemy. In addition, russia has been terrorizing Ukrainians. For instance, it launched rocket attacks on shopping centers in the middle of the day with the most people there or on recreation bases at night when the customers were sleeping peacefully.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 3 p.m. on July 6
- russian media outlets circulated the russian defense ministry’s statement that Ukrainian military members from the Kraken battalion were allegedly going to blow up the Kharkiv Children’s Hospital to accuse the russian troops of striking a civilian object. The special forces unit Kraken and Territorial Defense members reportedly brought medical personnel and sick children from other hospitals in the city under threat of shooting them.
- russian media outlets spread the narrative about Turkish Bayraktar drones not being effective in the war against russian troops. According to the posts, Turkish UAVs are an easy target being used by Ukrainian forces outside of their intended purpose and unfit for combat. “Everyone had been shouting about super cool Bayraktars, but no magic happened in Ukraine,” the authors said.
- russian media outlets spread a statement by quisling Kirill Stremousov’s (the so-called “deputy head of the military-civilian administration of the Kherson region,” a.k.a. the russian occupation authorities). He said the European Union was discussing the possibility of deporting Ukrainian men to be forcibly mobilized in Ukraine.
Now the TRUTH:
- According to russia’s defense ministry, mines were planted inside the building to prepare it for an explosion when “russian artillery begins to strike the military infrastructure of Kharkiv.” That is how the disinformers revealed their motives for throwing in this information – to cover up for the russian army, specifically bombarding civil infrastructure in Ukraine. Propaganda outlets’ fake news of the Ukrainian military seizing hospitals and other facilities is usually a direct announcement of future shelling. The scale of the threat can be estimated from one quote from the russian media: “Ukrainian military and Nazi units are well-known for using schools, kindergartens, and hospitals as a screen during russia’s liberation of Mariupol.” The russians completely ruined the city of 400,000, destroying 95% of all buildings. They keep hiding behind false stories about “nationalists” in every building.
- According to Defense Express, Turkish Bayraktar drones are pretty affordable ($2-6 million), effective, and, therefore, can compete with their counterparts that cost over $100 million. Drones can be deployed in areas of least aerial threat because they do not need long runways for takeoffs and landings. In addition, drone control stations can be changed directly in the air. The ability to stay in flight for a long time to track targets is the drones’ significant advantage, providing an opportunity to carry out reconnaissance to spot enemy targets effectively. The optoelectronic head makes it possible to accurately determine the location of the occupiers’ targets for artillery fire. russian agencies and media outlets fail to provide any convincing evidence that Bayraktars are shot down “en masse.” russian media outlets came up with many other examples of Bayraktar drones reportedly being destroyed in Ukraine. However, they used the same photos in their news pieces for different dates or geographical locations.
- Stremousov, the quisling, spoke about the “deportation of refugees” in an interview with the Ukraine.ru publication that is part of “Russia Today,” a state media group entirely subordinated to russia’s authorities. Ukraine.ru spread fake russian propaganda for years: the EUvsDisinfo project lists 210 such cases (the list is not exhaustive). Kyrylo Stremousov had tried unsuccessfully to organize separatist pro-russian movements in the Kherson region since 2013. Regarding the “deportation of refugees,” Stremousov did not cite the EU decision or source commenting on this decision. On the other hand, not a single official representative of the European Union ever made such statements. The Ukrainian authorities did not request to deport their citizens from EU countries. Besides, potential deportation contradicts the UN Convention on the Status of Refugees. Article 32 of the Convention stipulates that contracting states should not expel a refugee lawfully in their territory save on national security or public order grounds. However, this can only happen in pursuance of a decision reached under due process of law. Article 33 expressly prohibits the forced return of refugees to the countries from which they came and where they are at risk (unless socially dangerous or convicted of a severe crime).
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 2 p.m. on July 5
- The Armed Forces use the population of Southern and Eastern Ukraine as a human shield
- The AFU destroyed cultural centers and educational institutions in Lysychansk. Civilian buildings were used as a base for storing weapons and fortifying positions.
- The Economic Times predicts the future development of Ukraine’s situation, and the conclusions are disappointing for Kyiv. NATO-standard weapons supplies cannot save Ukraine from military defeat. The Armed Forces have every chance to repeat the fate of the security forces in Afghanistan, which received a lot of money and weapons, but the latter went to the enemy, and the funds simply disappeared. There are fewer and fewer active duty personnel in the Ukrainian army, and those mobilized practically put up no resistance to the russian military. Morale in the Armed Forces has declined to a critical point. All this increases the chances of putin’s army’s new victories in Ukraine.
Now the TRUTH:
- The Ukrainian authorities have repeatedly organized evacuations and corridors to flee combat zones. Moreover, the Armed Forces do not use Ukrainians as a human shield because of the Ukrainian military’s goal of protecting Ukraine and Ukrainians, not destroying everything in its path like russia does.
- It makes no sense for Ukraine’s Armed Forces to destroy Ukrainians’ civilian buildings. Ukrainian schools, churches, cultural facilities, hospitals, and residential buildings are destroyed by russia. Even if the Armed Forces’ shelling did indeed damage the housing or civilian infrastructure, Ukraine had not planned on shelling itself – being forced to fight back against the enemy.
- First, The Economic Times’ original article was not about the Armed Forces’ low morale or problems with mobilized service members. Second, the Indian publication The Economic Times has poor quality reports and often publishes unverified news, conspiracy theories, or rumors. Therefore, such predictions should hardly be trusted, especially when they contradict estimates published by quality media outlets (particularly foreign ones) reporting on facts.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of noon on July 4
- On July 3, Ukraine’s Armed Forces shelled high-rise buildings in Belgorod, russia
- On July 2, the Kyiv Territorial Defense shot a curfew violator in the leg for no reason, which points to armed lawlessness increasing in Ukraine.
- Nazis from the “Ze-team” plan to make Russophobia part of the school curriculum.
- Mass mobilization of women is underway: on July 2, a female resident of Voznesensk in the Mykolaiv region received a summons.
Now the TRUTH:
- From the photos disseminated in local chats in Belgorod, it can be seen that the house was hit by a missile from the russian Pantsir anti-aircraft artillery system. The Insider spread this information, citing military expert Oleh Zhdanov and CIT investigators.
- According to the Brovary district police department, representatives of one of the volunteer formations of the territorial community (VFTC) going on patrol noticed a company drinking alcoholic beverages in a public place during the curfew hours. When the patrol members started to check the violators’ documents, one man took to his heels and did not respond to requests to stop. Then a VFTC member opened fire with a Kalashnikov assault rifle in the direction of the fugitive and hit his leg. An ambulance and the police were called to the scene. Medics took the injured person to the intensive care ward. According to Volodymyr Andriets, acting deputy director of the surgical department of the Brovary Multi-profile Clinical Hospital, the 34-year-old patient with a gunshot wound had fractures of the hip and lower leg. Doctors assessed the man’s condition as moderate. It turned out that the man running away from the patrol was wanted for theft, the law enforcement officers said.
- Neither the Government, Parliament, nor the President proposed to add the subject of Russophobia to the school curriculum. However, such a petition appeared on the Electronic petitions website as a proposal from the citizen Demyan V. Hanul, who also wrote about it on his Facebook page. The petition is no longer available. In any case, first, that was not an initiative coming from the authorities but a mere petition (which, be it said, had not received the required 25 thousand votes to be considered by the President). Second, the term Russophobia is primarily used by russia to justify its invasion of Ukraine and aggressive policy towards the rest of the world.
- Getting a summons is not a sign that mass mobilization of women is underway. First, the law does not define a single mechanism for serving summonses. That is why media outlets occasionally come up with news about Ukrainians receiving summonses on the street or in recreational places. However, summonses are usually served on wartime law violators. And secondly, the registration of women to begin on October 1 means that women will be liable for military service to be part of the Armed Forces, the National Guard, or other military formations reserve. But these are only women of professions specified in an order by Ukraine’s Ministry of Defense. Registration is not mobilization. All women in service do so voluntarily and/or under contract. They will not be drafted involuntarily. In wartime, women can be accepted for military service or reserve service only under contract and on a voluntary basis.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 2 p.m. on July 1
- Ukraine is preparing a mass mobilization of women because the production of women’s military uniforms has already been launched in Kyiv.
- russia abandoned Snake Island so that it would not hinder the export of grain and deepen the food crisis in the world, unlike Ukraine.
- The war can be stopped by the end of the day. According to Dmitry Peskov, spokesperson for the russian president, an order by Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelensky to lay down weapons and fulfill all of moscow’s ultimatums will be enough to end the war.
Now the TRUTH:
- Registration of women should start on October 1, 2022. It means that a woman becomes liable for military service and part of the reserve of the Armed Forces, the National Guard, or other military formations. But these will only be women of the professions listed in order #313 of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine dated October 11, 2021. Women with minor children under 18 will not be drafted for military service through mobilization. Registration is not mobilization. All women in service do so voluntarily and/or under contract.
- In reality, russia provoked the food crisis. That is why it is now trying to justify itself, saying that the liberating of Snake Island will unblock grain supplies. However, russia mined the Black Sea. The enemy warships are still in Ukraine’s waters, and russia has been shelling grain depots and transporting grain from the temporarily occupied territories. Notably, russia did not leave Snake Island “out of goodwill.” Ukraine’s Armed Forces kicked the russian army out of there after several days of targeted strikes on russian garrisons on Snake Island.
- “Ukraine did not start this war to stop it “on orders.” moscow can end the war at any time. They simply must become adequate again: stop firing missiles on cities, withdraw troops, and abandon “nuclear propaganda,” commented Mykhailo Podoliak, adviser to the head of the presidential office and a member of the Ukrainian delegation at the negotiations with russia. In an interview with The Economist, Ukraine’s Defense Minister Oleksii Reznikov said the people of Ukraine would never make territorial concessions to russia that had shed so much Ukrainian blood. In turn, Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelensky called on partners to recognize russia as a state sponsor of terrorism. He also repeatedly stated in his speeches that Ukraine would not surrender.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of noon on June 30
- Western partners provide Ukraine with outdated weapons that quickly fail on the battlefield.
- russia performed an “act of goodwill” by leaving Snake Island and ending the military operation there.
- Draining the cooling pools at the Zaporizhzhia NPP was part of scheduled works; the occupiers did not create any nuclear danger.
Now the TRUTH:
- In reality, we get effective weapons even if we still do not have enough of them. According to Ukraine’s Defense Minister, more than 150 artillery platforms of 155-mm caliber were passed to the Armed Forces. Among the countries that sent their artillery systems to Ukraine were the USA, Australia, France, Poland, Canada, Norway, and Italy. The UK government will supply M270 MLRS to Ukraine, and the US will provide HIMARS MLRS. Both systems can launch missiles at a distance of up to 300 km. However, our partners are currently giving us weapons with a range of up to 70 km. Also, the Ukrainian military will soon begin training on how to use the German Mars II MLRS. A sufficient number of MLRS will allow Ukraine to increase its firepower and eliminate the enemy’s advantage. Also, Ukraine urgently needs long-range weapons to hit command and communication structures and valuable russian logistical targets. This will enable the Ukrainian army to conduct deeper technological operations and prevent the enemy from bringing up reserves from upcountry. However, aviation assistance is also critically needed to strengthen Ukraine’s air defense and increase the ground forces’ effectiveness. Defending Mariupol is an excellent example of this. The occupiers had total air supremacy, mercilessly bombing the Ukrainian military and civilians.
- Ukraine’s Armed Forces recently destroyed three Pantsir S1 surface-to-air missile systems on Snake Island. This morning, the OC South reported: “Our missile and artillery units successfully completed another stage of the military operation on Snake Island, resulting in the enemy hastily fleeing the area and evacuating the remnants of the garrison with two speedboats.”
- According to a warning from Energoatom, the occupiers at the ZNPP were going to accuse Ukrainian nuclear plant workers of storing weapons on the territory of the plant. For this, several workers were detained and tortured to make them confess (or rather incriminate themselves) that back in March, they’d allegedly thrown some kind of weapon into the concrete bowls of the cooling pools at the ZNPP (explosives or projectiles). Under this pretext, the occupiers insist on draining the cooling pools to check their bowls and stopping the pumps supplying water to the power units’ safety systems. If this happens, the safety systems of Europe’s largest nuclear plant will remain without cooling, which is a severe violation per se and could threaten nuclear safety. Besides, it is not advisable to carry out such work in the warm season due to the risk of overheating and equipment failure.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 3 p.m. on June 29
- The video of the missile hitting the Amstor shopping center in Kremenchuk, posted by Volodymyr Zelensky on the night of June 28, does NOT prove that the strike hit the mall. On the contrary, the video shows the strike hitting nearby warehouses.
- Ukrainian authorities and the UK special services are preparing “chemical provocations” to attract more attention from the international community to the “Ukrainian crisis.”
- russia once again said the so-called “special military operation” was launched to stop the shelling of Donbas by Ukraine and reduce the nationalistic threats coming from Ukraine to russia and Ukraine’s east and south.
Now the TRUTH:
- After checking the video posted by Zelensky, investigative journalists from Bellingcat found that, judging by the camera location and the shock wave, the Amstor shopping center took all the impact. The nearby railway station and the Kremenchuk Road Machine Plant were also affected. Besides, the investigators found out that the shopping center was open during the attack: the proof was the receipts from the stores posted by social network users after the attacks and information from the chain stores located in Amstor. For starters, there is no “Ukrainian crisis” but a war russia began by attacking Ukraine. russians use the term “crisis” to shift the emphasis. Second, russia has been shelling Ukrainian chemical plants and enterprises e.g., bombarding the Azot plant in Sievierodonetsk. russia also engages in nuclear terrorism, launching missiles at a critically low altitude over Ukrainian nuclear power plants and violating technical protocols at the Zaporizhzhia atomic power plant.
- russia is shelling the Donetsk and Luhansk regions daily. In the past day alone, one civilian died, and eight people were injured from russian shelling in Avdiivka. Mariinka and Krasnohorivka are also under constant fire. For three days in a row, Sloviansk has also been shelled with heavy-caliber weapons, as reported by Ukraine’s Armed Forces General Staff.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of noon on June 28
- russia’s defense ministry boasted they had launched a missile attack on a weapons depot in Kremenchuk. According to it, there were no people in the shopping center during the shelling because the mall was not working. A day before, immediately after the shelling, russian propaganda outlets said they did not fire at the shopping center and that everything that happened in Kremenchuk was staged to put pressure on the West and demand new weapons. According to another propaganda version, the strike was meant to hit the Kremenchuk oil refinery, with the attack on the mall being a decision of Ukrainian authorities to shift the blame for the terrorist attack onto russia.
- On June 26, russia did not launch rocket attacks on a residential building and kindergarten in the Shevchenkivskyi district of Kyiv – it was an attack on the production facilities of the Artem plant only.
- Men will now receive summonses from the military commissariat through the Diia app.
Now the TRUTH:
- On June 27, russia launched a missile attack on the Amstor shopping center in Kremenchuk. Propagandists claimed the strike was staged because the video of the aftermath of the strike did not show civilians, only military personnel. In reality, the presence of the military does not prove anything because the mall was not a military facility. The number of civilian casualties proves that the shopping center was open: we know about 20 people dead, at least 50 injured, and about 40 still missing. The version about the Kremenchuk Refinery being the target is utterly meaningless since the refinery is located almost 14 km from the shopping center.
- On June 26, russia launched a missile attack on the Shevchenkivskyi district of Kyiv. The photos and video from the impact scene showed the 9-story residential building and the kindergarten to be the most affected. russia struck Kremenchuk and Kyiv with X-22 and more modern X-101 cruise missiles. These missiles can hit targets at a distance of several thousand kilometers but also have low accuracy.
- When asked about introducing the option to deliver summons in Diia, the Ministry of Digital Transformation said it was fake news, which would continue to be spread by someone. The Digital Ministry was not working on this option because summonses can only be served personally.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 3 p.m. on June 27
- The statement of the special representative of russia’s president in Syria, Aleksandr Lavrentiev, spread over the internet. He said the reports of russia’s transporting 100,000 tons of Ukrainian grain to Syria are fake. He argued this by saying the main grain stocks remain in the Mykolaiv and Odesa regions, to whose ports russian ships have no access; Mariupol has no warehouses to store grain, and its port was demined recently.
- russia’s armed forces successfully destroyed the US Switchblade loitering munition with Borysoglebsk and Krasukha long-range electronic warfare systems. The source of this information is allegedly CNN. The article also claims that “the Armed Forces are actively using US drones, but they rarely hit the target.”
- Electronic medical records of patients to be introduced by the Ministry of Health violate the confidentiality of patient information because every official will have access to electronic documentation. The introduction of electronic cards will also lead to people being involved in experiments without permission.
- Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba asked Poland’s Foreign Minister Zbigniew Rau to deport Ukrainian male refugees aged 19 to 60. As evidence of this, a photo of Kuleba’s letter to Zbigniew Rau was published.
Now the TRUTH:
- On May 2, 2022, the Ukrainian embassy in Beirut notified Reuters about russia’s exporting 100,000 tons of Ukrainian grain to Syria. According to the embassy, one of the cargoes was on board the russian ship Matros Pozinich. The vessel was used to unload grain in the Syrian port of Latakia. Maxar satellite data showed the images of Matros Pozinich loading wheat in the Sevastopol port on May 19, 2022. On May 27, 2022, the same vessel was spotted unloading at the port of Latakia. According to the Main Directorate of Intelligence (HUR) of Ukraine’s Ministry of Defense, the grain was stolen from Ukrainian warehouses in areas recently occupied by russian troops. In particular, 1,500 tons were stolen from the village of Mala Lepetykha, Kherson region, to be taken to occupied Crimea. A convoy of russian trucks filled with grain also left Enerhodar for Crimea.
- The CNN article on June 14, 2022, mentioning the use of Switchblade drones by Ukraine’s Armed Forces, said nothing about russia’s army successfully destroying these drones. Instead, the article reads: “In some cases, according to one source familiar with US intelligence, Ukraine is simply opting not to use the unfamiliar Western systems. For example, despite receiving hundreds of Switchblade drones, some units prefer to use commercial drones rigged with explosives that are more user-friendly.” Based on open sources, the Oryx blog’s list of equipment destroyed during the russo-Ukrainian contains no Switchblade drones. On April 6, 2022, Pentagon representatives said the Switchblade kamikaze drones with a maximum range of 40 km could prove to be an effective weapon against russian armored invaders. The Armed Forces used these drones for the first time in early May 2022.
- The first elements of the electronic healthcare system (eHealth) began to be implemented in 2017 as part of Ukraine’s medical reform. In 2019, electronic medical cards gradually started to be used in Ukraine. In early February 2022, electronic medical records covered over 80% of medical paper documents. An electronic card contains data about doctors’ consultations, performed studies, examinations, vaccinations, electronic referrals, and electronic prescriptions. A complete transition from paper-based medical records to electronic ones does not violate personal data privacy. Officials do not have access to these cards. Instead, family doctors with whom patients sign declarations and narrow specialists with whom patients have appointments will have such access. Furthermore, only family doctors can see their patients’ complete information, with other doctors having access to the information they need to provide treatment. Ukrainians will not be forced to participate in experiments. Any experimental or clinical trials of drugs are only possible with patient consent, and digitizing healthcare services does not change this legal requirement.
- This document is fake. Volodymyr Zelensky did not issue an order to return men of draft age, and the letter received by the Polish Foreign Ministry is phony. The so-called letter does not indicate the original documentation’s date, which is an integral part of business correspondence. According to the letter, Ukraine’s President allegedly ordered the return to Ukraine of male citizens capable of defending their homeland and the entire European Union. However, the official website of the President of Ukraine contains no such documents in the Decrees or Orders sections. In April 2022, a bill on criminal liability for the non-return of men liable for military service from abroad in wartime was registered in Ukraine. However, the MPs did not consider it and returned it for revisions on April 18. As of June 24, it was still under revision.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 2 p.m. on June 24
- On June 21, 2022, information spread over the internet about the Armed Forces of Ukraine failing in their attempts to inflict a defeat on the russian armed forces on Snake Island. It was claimed that the russian air defense systems destroyed all of Ukraine’s Armed Forces’ attempts to shell Snake Island on June 20, 2022, including fire from UAVs, howitzers, MLRS, and Tochka-U missiles.
- Extending quarantine in Ukraine in connection with the spread of COVID-19 until August 31, 2022, is accounted for by the necessity to force the population to be immunized with a vaccine whose validity period is expiring.
- In Kharkiv, the public utility company Zhylkomservice calls on residents to leave their apartments unlocked for the Armed Forces and the Territorial Defense to set up combat positions.
Now the TRUTH:
- The satellite image of Snake Island for June 21, 2022, showed three burned-out areas. On June 21, 2022, the operational command South said that “a concentrated attack was launched on the Snake Island with the use of various weapons and destruction methods, resulting in significant losses of what the Ruscists proudly referred to as the island garrison.” The spokesman of the head of Odesa RMA, Serhii Bratchuk, later confirmed information about Ukraine’s Armed Forces’ strike on Snake Island. On June 22, 2022, the Maxar company provided satellite images of Snake Island. The photo on the left shows the site before the Armed Forces’ attack (June 17), and the one on the right shows it after Armed Forces’ attack (June 21). The photo shows traces of destruction as black spots in three places caused by the Armed Forces’ attack. On June 22 and 23, the operational command South said the Ukrainian military’s strikes resulted in russia losing two Pantsir-S1 missile launch systems, a radar station, and vehicles.
- On May 27, 2022, the Cabinet of Ministers extended quarantine and the state of emergency to prevent the spread of COVID-19 until August 31, 2022. During martial law, the government abolished the different levels of epidemic danger in Ukraine. Also, according to the changes adopted by the Cabinet of Ministers under martial law, natural persons and business entities are recommended to observe anti-epidemic measures. Citizens are advised to receive the full course of vaccination against COVID-19. Under martial law, unvaccinated employees in the professions for which vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory are not suspended from work.
- There is no such statement on Zhylkomservice’s website, on whose behalf the announcements were disseminated. The Kharkiv City Council denied the information, urging citizens to beware of fraudsters. Kharkiv Mayor Ihor Terekhov also said this information was fake. “In recent days, besides bombing the city, our enemy has begun to use methods of psychological pressure on citizens. Yesterday, announcements appeared in many house entrances with a call to leave the front doors of the apartments open as if this were a requirement of our Army and Territorial Defense members to set up combat positions in the apartments of Kharkiv residents. That’s a complete lie,” the mayor said in a video message.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 3 p.m. on June 23
- The charitable foundation Come Back Alive initially purchased medicines, products, and essential items for Ukraine’s Armed Forces members but pretty quickly switched to being an official supplier of lethal weapons.
- US donors are disseminating the document “Ensuring gender equality in public authorities” in Ukraine. It cannot be about equality between men and women because this equality has long been established in our society. It is actually about sexual minorities.
- Sergei Lavrov said Poland is actively expanding into Ukrainian territories to gain more influence, leading to Ukraine’s losing its sovereignty.
- The Orthodox Church of Ukraine canonized the leader of Ukrainian nationalists, Stepan Bandera, enrolling him among the saints. As proof of this, they cite the “decision” on canonization, allegedly “adopted” at the Synod of Bishops.
- To join the European Union, Ukraine was required to stop glorifying the ideologue of Ukrainian nationalism, Stepan Bandera.
Now the TRUTH:
- On June 22, NGO Come Back Alive was allowed to buy weapons and other military goods from abroad, becoming the first non-profit in Ukraine to receive this status officially. The status gives the right to buy the goods directly from manufacturers bypassing intermediaries, which lowers the price and protects against low-quality goods and unscrupulous sellers.
- First, equality between men and women in Ukraine has not been ensured yet, mainly because of stereotypes about the appearance, occupations, and interests of women and men. Second, the concept of gender does not comprise sexual minorities. Gender is about socially established roles, behaviors, activities, and characteristics that a particular society considers appropriate for women and men.
- The Polish government refuted russia’s statements regarding Poland’s aggressive intentions as part of russian propaganda and disinformation. In his speech in Ukraine’s Verkhovna Rada, Andrzej Duda reminded us that Poland was the first to recognize Ukraine’s independence in 1991, emphasizing that only Ukraine has the right to decide its future. Statements by other Kremlin mouthpieces, e.g., member of the state duma Dmitry Belik and foreign ministry representative Maria Zakharova regarding Poland’s increased influence, trading in territories, and Ukraine’s subsequent loss of sovereignty are also false. On March 23, 2022, Poland’s Sejm adopted a resolution calling on all states recognizing Ukraine’s sovereignty, territorial integrity, and right to self-determination to support Ukraine by all means because of russia’s armed aggression.
- First, Bandera was a Greek Catholic, so the Orthodox Church could not canonize him. Secondly, Bandera is not listed among those the OCU canonized after receiving the Tomos.
- The list of seven steps that Ukraine received from the European Commission, so far, has only been about obtaining candidate status. However, the list does not say anything about Bandera. The first two points involve judicial reform, with the following two dedicated to fighting corruption. The fifth and sixth steps involve fighting oligarchs and developing independent mass media. The seventh is about legislative reforms regarding national minorities.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 3 p.m. on June 22
- Mykolaiv has run out of food, with locals standing in line to buy Polish canned food, which is supposed to be distributed free of charge as humanitarian aid.
- Information spread over the internet, citing russia’s defense ministry as saying two laboratories were operating in Mariupol before the occupation, involved in collecting and certifying cholera pathogens. The collected pathogens were then sent to the Public Health Center in Kyiv, which purportedly forwarded the materials to the United States. russia claimed that these facts prove that Ukraine was preparing provocations involving weapons of mass destruction. That is why on February 25, 2022, the Mariupol laboratory staff allegedly destroyed a collection of pathogens, including cholera, anthrax, and tularemia.
- 70% of the funds allocated by the European Union to help Ukraine flow offshore. Reportedly, this is evidenced by the intelligence data of the EU Central Bank.
- They are repeating the scenario of Ukraine’s “second Maidan” in Moldova, as evidenced by “pushing out” the russian language and the clearing of the russian-speaking space resulting in polarized attitudes in society.
- “Europe’s strongest army” is forced to drive grain trucks taken from farmers.
Now the TRUTH:
- In May, several humanitarian aid distribution points operated in different districts of Mykolaiv, handing out free bread and canned meat. The aid came from the United Nations and the Ukrainian NGO Tarilka. Other Ukrainian and European partners’ humanitarian aid programs were also available. One could get free food products, potable water, and hygiene items at the social protection centers. When distributing food kits, priority was given to the elderly, people with disabilities, and large, low-income families.
- The Mariupol laboratories that carried out epidemic surveillance have nothing to do with developing weapons of mass destruction. russia mentioned two laboratories but named only one of them, namely the Mariupol branch of the state institution “Donetsk Regional Center for Disease Control and Prevention of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine.” Its employees stopped working there because of russia’s large-scale invasion in February 2022. This institution’s activities had nothing to do with creating weapons of mass destruction. According to the laboratory’s activity plan, they had to monitor the circulation of infectious pathogens and analyze and predict the spread of these diseases. In particular, the laboratory had to carry out epidemic surveillance and diagnose cholera. Similar disease control and prevention centers operate across Ukraine, carrying out epidemiological surveillance to identify pathogens of dangerous diseases. For instance, the Center’s laboratories in the Donetsk region analyze the material of patients with acute intestinal infections and wastewater to prevent cholera.
- There are no reasonable grounds to believe that the funds we receive from the EU or any other foreign partner flow offshore. Ukraine’s partner countries provide us with assistance for reconstruction, purchasing equipment, and machinery, humanitarian aid, etc. However, these funds are still insufficient because Ukraine’s economy has been declining during the war, with the budget receiving fewer tax revenues because of closing businesses, industrial facilities being destroyed by russia, unemployment, and a general decrease in the purchasing power in Ukraine. If Ukraine took most of the funds offshore, there would be almost nothing left to support Ukraine.
- russia is trying to repeat the same disinformation campaign in Moldova to divide society as it has done in Ukraine for years. In particular, to divide Moldovans into russian-speaking and Moldovan-speaking populations. However, russia itself is creating the so-called language issues and problems, accusing countries of Russophobic policies. Although in reality, each country is primarily trying to protect its identity and sovereignty. For russia, it is routine to violate other countries’ sovereignty by collapsing these countries from the inside.
- The Armed Forces need more weapons and equipment to effectively repel the enemy. However, there are no reasonable grounds or evidence to claim that the Armed Forces seized the farmers’ grain trucks. russia uses this fake news story to shift the blame for disrupting grain supplies onto the Armed Forces and also to discourage Ukrainians from believing in the strength of our army.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 5 p.m. on June 21
- russian media outlets spread information about successfully destroying a weapons depot in Chortkiv in the Ternopil region with missiles on June 11, 2022. Publications refer to the official representative of russia’s defense ministry, Igor Konashenkov, who said the weapons provided by the USA and European countries were being stored in the depot.
- A video allegedly shows the Ukrainian military setting fire to the flag of the Netherlands, confusing it with the russian flag.
- The Pentagon is allegedly studying russian weapons captured by Ukrainian forces to use russian technology in manufacturing its own weapons.
- russian media outlets citing an article in the Daily Mail disseminated information about Finland’s president, Sauli Niinisto, canceling the meeting with the King of Sweden Carl Gustav XVI. The president allegedly returned to Helsinki because of russian president putin’s statement that Peter the Great did not take land from Sweden but returned his own.
Now the TRUTH:
- On June 12, the head of the RMA, Volodymyr Trush, said during a briefing that “part of a military facility was destroyed and civilians killed.” Oleksandr Bohomol, police chief in the Ternopil region, said that there were no weapons stored at the object hit by the russians. As a result of shelling, civil objects in Chortkiv were damaged, including 37 residential buildings, schools and kindergartens, a sports school building, and a gas pipeline. This was reported by Volodymyr Trush, head of the Ternopil RMA.
- The video search results show that the footage is fake. It was published on January 18, 2016, being created even before the full-scale russian invasion of Ukraine. Captions to the video say it allegedly depicts Azov regiment members. People in the video threaten the residents of the Netherlands with terrorist attacks telling them not to “think of denying Ukraine entry into the EU.“ On January 19, 2016, Andriy Dyachenko, the then deputy commander of the Azov regiment, published a video rebuttal in which he said the widely spread fake provocative video was produced by russian propaganda and had nothing to do with the regiment’s members. He stressed that the weapons in the video were not real, and the people were dressed in untypical uniforms, with no regimental stripes on them. The footage was published by a newly created YouTube channel.
- The news source for studying russian weapons was an article in The New York Times about US the investigators working in Ukraine. Pentagon experts are indeed studying russian technology but with a different purpose. Based on factory markings on the parts, the experts found out which countries exported essential elements to manufacture weapons in russia. Those turned out to be suppliers from the USA and the European Union. For instance, sophisticated russian weapons and communication systems are based on Western chips. An important supplier of raw materials, russia uses Western technology in the military industry. Despite russia accumulating US equipment for years, sanctions harm russia’s military potential. The USA and other countries introduced export bans to cut advanced technology supplies to russia. This limits russia’s ability to produce weapons to compensate for losses during the war.
- The article in The Daily Mail said that while putin was speaking on the occasion of the 350th anniversary of the birth of Peter the Great, russian warships began training exercises in the Baltic Sea. In particular, A Zubr-class landing craft and some corvettes heading from Kaliningrad were spotted. At the same time, Finland’s President Sauli Niinisto was due to meet with Sweden’s King Carl Gustav XVI and Queen Silvia on the lightly-defended Åland Islands, located next to the Swedish island of Gotland, which could become an object of attack by russia in the Baltic Sea. The Daily Mail noted that Helsinki officials denied any connection between canceling the meeting and putin’s comments or russian military drills. The authors wrote that guests at the celebratory dinner were warned that Niinisto might have to leave suddenly. According to The Daily Mail’s sources in Sweden, the departure time was pre-planned.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 3 p.m. on June 21
- Polish Deputy Foreign Minister Marcin Prydacz’s statement spread online, in which he reportedly claims that russia destroyed Western weapons by bombing road and rail connections on Ukraine’s territory.
- Ukraine’s Armed Forces General Staff prepares to draft women eligible for military service and register women from 18 to 60 years old in some regions of the country. As proof of this decision, a picture of the corresponding order issued by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine was published.
- Fuel prices are not regulated to enrich individuals, oligarchs, and politicians.
Now the TRUTH:
- On May 15, Prydacz allegedly made the statement regarding the destruction of Western weapons by bombarding Ukraine’s roads and railways in an interview for the Spanish El Mundo. In reality, the Polish Deputy Foreign Minister said russia was trying to disrupt the supply of Western weapons to Ukraine by destroying road and rail connections and sabotaging actions on Ukraine’s territory. But he did not mention any instances of destroying the munitions.
- Neither the Armed Forces General Staff nor the Defense Ministry published an order like that in June 2022. According to the Center for Combating Disinformation at Ukraine’s National Security and Defense Council, the widely spread information about drafting women does not correspond to reality, and the document is fake. The circulating picture of the order says women must register for military service by June 31, 2022, but there is no such date because June has 30 days. On June 14, 2022, Deputy Minister of Defense of Ukraine, Hanna Maliar, said during the telethon that there was no question of drafting women and that the information was fake. According to her, it was impossible to predict what mobilization would look like in the future because of the constantly changing situation at the front lines.
- Fuel price regulation was introduced in connection with quarantine in May 2021. After the onset of the full-scale invasion of Ukraine, the Verkhovna Rada agreed to abolish excise tax on fuel, with the VAT rate on these items being reduced to 7% from 20%. On May 17, Yuliia Svyrydenko, First Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Economy of Ukraine, said the government was suspending the regulation of gasoline and diesel prices. According to her, this was done for operators to saturate the market with the necessary resources. First, the market was saturated due to the lack of fuel reserves. According to Svyrydenko, the average daily fuel consumption in Ukraine is 13,000 tons, while the daily May imports were 11-12 thousand tons. Yuliia Svyridenko also said that those who set unreasonably high prices would be punished with sanctions. In late April, the director of the A-95 consulting group, Serhii Kuiun, said the state price regulation only prevented the country from overcoming fuel shortages, slowing down supplies to the Ukrainian market. In his opinion, the decision to cancel state regulation aimed to reduce demand. According to Kuiun, many companies, especially small ones, could not supply fuel on their own since the purchase price was higher than that calculated by the Cabinet.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 10 a.m. on June 20
- The Bayraktar drone, for which citizens of Lithuania raised funds, was shot down three and a half minutes after its first mission.
- In an interview with the BTV channel on May 22, Bulgaria’s Energy Minister Alexander Nikolov said the Bulgarian authorities’ decision to refuse to pay for russian gas in rubles was hasty.
- US President Joe Biden said Ukraine should cede territory to russia to achieve peace. Publications refer to a New York Post article.
- russian media outlets spread the news about possibly lowering the draft age in Ukraine to 16. This information spread with a link to a post on ex-MP lllia Kyva’s Telegram channel. He allegedly provided a copy of the Verkhovna Rada resolution to confirm this.
Now the TRUTH:
- Lithuanian journalist Andrius Tapinas was among the first to debunk this news. He directly participated in the fundraising campaign to purchase the drone. On May 30, he wrote that the drone was still in the production stage. In late May, thousands of caring Lithuanians united around a charity campaign launched by the Laisves TV channel to purchase a drone for Ukraine. In just three and a half days, the organizers collected EUR 5.9 million, or $6.3 million. With charitable contributions coming from 50 countries of the world, 95% of the total amount was collected by citizens of Lithuania. On June 2, the decision by the Turkish company Baykar Makina which produces drones, to pass a Bayraktar TB2 drone to Lithuania free of charge became known. The collected funds would be used to purchase ammunition for the drone, with the remaining amount going to Ukraine as humanitarian aid. It would take time to produce the drone. Lithuania’s Defense Minister announced on June 3: “The historic Bayraktar should be ready by the beginning of July. Turkey will pass it to Lithuania, and then we will pass it to Ukraine.”
- In reality, Bulgaria’s Energy Minister did not make this statement as Bulgaria does not plan on paying for russian gas in rubles. On April 27, 2022, russia stopped gas supplies to Bulgaria and Poland since the countries refused to pay for gas in rubles. In an interview with BTV, Alexander Nikolov did not call this refusal hasty or erroneous. Regarding the refusal to pay for gas in rubles, the Energy Minister said there should be solidarity between EU countries regarding energy sanctions against russia. Answering the question about the possibility of a new long-term contract with Gazprom, the Minister said the following: “At a time when russia is waging war and is obviously the aggressor; when Gazprom is being used as a political tool to exert pressure; when russia is an unpredictable partner in the commercial sphere – I don’t think we have the right to comment on or conduct additional negotiations with this company.” Alexander Nikolov also confirmed the words of Prime Minister Kiril Petkov that tankers with liquefied gas from the US were already on their way to Bulgaria, expected to arrive on June 8 and 23. He said that at the time of signing the contract in the USA, the price for the agreed volumes was better than the price from Gazprom Export.
- The US president did not discuss the need to cede Ukrainian territories to russia. After Joe Biden’s speech about the economic situation, the press asked whether Ukraine should cede territories for peace. Biden replied: “From the beginning, I’ve said, and I’ve been — not everyone’s agreed with me — nothing about Ukraine without Ukraine. It’s their territory. I’m not going to tell them what they should and shouldn’t do. But it appears to me that at some point along the line, there’s going to have to be a negotiated settlement here,” the president added. “And what that entails, I don’t know. I don’t think anybody knows at the time. But in the meantime, we’re gonna continue to put the Ukrainians in a position where they can defend themselves.” Despite the provocative title, New York Post published a video of the US president’s response providing a quote from which it is clear that Biden did not speak about the need to give land to russia. Instead, he pointed out that the question of territories and ending the war was Ukraine’s business.
- The image of the resolution was edited. There is no such resolution or a document with similar content on the Verkhovna Rada’s official website. Using the number and date of registration indicated in the screenshots (7333 from 29/04/2022), we found the draft law On Amending the Criminal Code of Ukraine on Exemption from Criminal Liability during Martial Law with Voluntary Compensation of Damage on the website. In addition, the text on the screenshot incorrectly indicated the name of the law regulating military service. Its official name is On military duty and military service. The document’s design also does not meet the official requirements for draft resolutions of Parliament as it should contain the phrase “The Verkhovna Rada decrees” followed by the resolution’s content and the adopted decision. Parliament’s official website only includes the draft law On approval of the Decree of the President of Ukraine On Extending the Term of General Mobilization. According to the latter, Decree of the President of Ukraine No.69/2022 regarding the drafting of conscripts and reservists continues to apply not to all citizens but only those who have reached conscription age and are subject to mobilization.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 10 a.m. on June 16
- In response to the US statement about a new military aid package of $1 billion, propagandists said this is how the US is becoming a direct participant in killing the civilian population of Donbas.
- Ukraine’s Armed Forces shelled the humanitarian corridor from the Azot plant in Sievierodonetsk several times on June 15. Despite the green passage being requested by the Ukrainian military, apparently, they could not agree on it with their units.
- Territorial Defense has turned into collectors in Kyiv: job announcements for collectors with the Territorial Defense background are already posted on Work.ua.
- russian media outlets disseminated the statement by the Secretary of the National Security Council Oleksii Danilov, saying that Ukraine’s temporary forced loss of its territories is not a tragedy and that Ukraine’s Armed Forces can continue to withdraw from Sievierodonetsk.
Now the TRUTH:
- The USA passed eleven military aid packages to Ukraine, amounting to around $4.6 billion. Each new aid package was accompanied by criticism and disinformation from russia, including occasional shelling of Ukrainian cities. This time, on the occasion of a new tranche of $1 billion, russia used an old propaganda narrative saying the Armed Forces were shelling civil buildings and killing the civilian population of Donbas. Every time russia uses this narrative, it omits the fact that it started the war eight years ago by occupying parts of the Luhansk and Donetsk regions because of which peaceful inhabitants of the cities have been dying. russia indiscriminately shoots both at the civilian population and civil infrastructure, each time inventing military bases that were purportedly the targets of the attacks. The US provides aid to Ukraine not to kill civilians but so that Ukraine can protect its sovereignty from the enemy.
- The so-called humanitarian corridor organized by the occupiers was not what Ukraine would ask for. russia’s defense ministry announced that on Wednesday, June 15, at noon, it would open a humanitarian corridor for civilians from the Azot plant to Sievierodonetsk. However, according to the occupiers, the local residents would be convoyed to the so-called temporary accommodation points on the russian-controlled territory, or simply put – filtration camps. People were not allowed to return to Ukraine. For its part, Ukraine did not announce a humanitarian corridor. Anyway, sending people to russian filtration camps is not an evacuation or humanitarian corridor but the deportation of Ukrainians.
- Actually, there is no such wording in the original vacancy description. We can assume that it was removed from the website, but the last requirement for the candidate was clearly added in the photo editor. First, the font’s color is different; and second, there is a dot before the fourth point (i.e., the list ended there), while the clause added in the editor has no punctuation mark at the end. After all, it defies logic that a bank branch in Dnipro would be looking for someone from the Kyiv Territorial Defense.
- Secretary of the National Security Council Oleksii Danilov gave an interview to Financial Times, in which he spoke about the russian troops’ offensive in Donbas. Oleksiy Danilov said: “Temporary loss of territories is not a tragedy. The loss of the country would be a tragedy.” According to him, “the Armed Forces can withdraw from Sievierodonetsk and other cities in the region to regroup.”
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 10 p.m. on June 15
- The russian segment of Facebook spread information about Liudmila Denisova, former human rights commissioner of the Verkhovna Rada being allegedly added to the Myrotvorets database (a non-profit, publishing information about persons threatening the national security of Ukraine) for spreading rumors about the rape of Ukrainian women and children. To prove this, users attached a screenshot with Denisova’s data on the Myrotvorets website.
- russian media outlets wrote that the WHO did not confirm the report about the cholera outbreak in Mariupol. WHO spokesperson Margaret Harris allegedly stated this during a briefing. The publication also claimed that Harris mentioned the cholera outbreak in Mariupol in 2011.
- World hunger is a conspiracy of international organizations. Ukraine exported the same amount of grain as last year, so the famine announced by the UN has nothing to do with this.
- In Bulgaria, a concentration camp was created for Ukrainian refugees. Everyone found themselves behind barbed wire. Children grow up behind barbed wire on the asphalt having the psychology of prisoners.
Now the TRUTH:
- The screenshot from the Myrotvorets website cited in the posts is likely to have been edited. At least two errors point to this. First, the order of personal data was violated in the screenshot: the database always has the last name first, then the given name, and finally the patronym (if known), while the screenshot has the given name first (“Liudmila Leontiivna Denisova”). Second, the screenshot says Liudmila Denisova was born on June 6, 1960, but her actual date of birth is July 6, 1960.
- WHO spokesperson Margaret Harris said that the risk of a cholera outbreak in Mariupol was high but WHO could not confirm a current cholera outbreak in the absence of laboratory confirmation. On June 7, 2022, Harris said: “The risk of a cholera outbreak is high in Mariupol. However, we cannot confirm whether or not there is a current outbreak in the absence of a systematic epidemiological investigation and laboratory testing (PCR) confirmation.” That is, Harris confirmed that the risk of cholera in Mariupol is high; however, as of the publication date, there was no laboratory confirmation of the outbreak. She did not say anything about the cholera outbreak in 2011.
- This year, on May 14, the president of the Ukrainian Grain Association, Mykola Horbachov, said they exported 43 million tons before the war, which is nearly equivalent to last year’s export. However, according to him, this trading year (July 1, 2021, to June 30, 2022), Ukraine planned to export 70 million tons of grain. According to Ministry of Agriculture data, more than 47 million tons had been shipped by June 10, with only 20 days remaining until the end of the trading period. According to the World Food Program, a food-assistance branch of the United Nations, 41 million people were on the verge of starvation even before the full-scale war in Ukraine. The war started by russia against Ukraine only worsened the hunger situation in the world. According to UN estimates, the number of those suffering from hunger may go up by another 8-13 million people. The forecasts refer not to the current but the next (2022-2023) trading year. It will start already on July 1, 2022.
- Modular houses in Bulgaria are not places of permanent residence for Ukrainians but camps for migrants where refugees can stay for no more than 72 hours. In early June, one of these centers was closed. The dispute arose against the backdrop of resettling Ukrainian refugees from hotels on the first line on the Black Sea inland. Despite Bulgarian authorities believing they have provided unprecedented support to the Ukrainians, the opposition remains dissatisfied with such government measures demanding the resignation of the vice-prime minister.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 10 a.m. on June 14
- Producers of chemicals, fertilizers, steel, and other energy-intensive goods in the EU find themselves in a problematic situation as energy resource prices surged because of the Ukrainian crisis and the imposed sanctions. They cannot compete with plants in the United States and the Middle East. There is no escaping the feeling that the “order givers” needed a full-blown Ukrainian crisis to “bring down” European industry.
- Iraqi security experts say there is a very high probability that “Islamic State remnants may obtain weapons provided to Ukraine by the US military.” Other experts emphasize that the “generous rain” of Western weapons being poured onto Ukraine will result in munitions no longer ending up on the traditional Middle Eastern and African “black markets” but flowing like a “muddy, turbulent stream” across multiple regions of the world.
- A video spread across the internet, reportedly showing Azov fighters crucifying an “insurgent” and burning him alive.
Now the TRUTH:
- First, there is no so-called “Ukrainian crisis” but russia’s ongoing war against Ukraine, which has provoked many crises in the Ukrainian and world economies. The phrase “Ukrainian crisis” shifts the focus away from russia, a country to blame for the global crisis, toward Ukraine. Second, according to the logic of such disinformation, the United States and the Middle East provoked the war to rid their products of European competitors on the market. But again, there is no real reason to believe so because the war was started by russia. By comparison, for example, the United States is one of Ukraine’s main partners, helping us with weapons, finance, and diplomacy to fight the enemy.
- Such allegations contradict the fact that the weapons entering Ukraine are still insufficient to repel the enemy. Western aid is undoubtedly essential but still not enough. Moreover, russia occasionally attempts to destroy the weapons and transportation routes in Ukraine with rocket fire. If some of these armaments also flowed into “black markets,” almost nothing would be left for Ukraine, and Ukraine’s success in resisting the enemy would be significantly smaller.
- The video, reportedly showing a man crucified and set on fire, is from 2015. Back then, the russian media spreading the footage cited CyberBerkut, a russian or pro-russian hacker group that had allegedly received the video from the Azov Regiment members themselves. There is no evidence of the video’s authenticity or Azov fighters featured in it. Moreover, it is not possible to identify people in the footage or say for sure it was not staged. CyberBerkut has repeatedly spread fake stories this group created, including non-existent orders, documents, phony footage, and images presumably obtained by hacking into Ukrainian websites. The Azov Regiment said in 2015 that it had nothing to do with the footage. In addition, the russian media outlets that disseminated the video also wrote that they had no proof of its veracity.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of noon on June 13
- Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, Valerii Zaluzhnyi, reportedly informed the President’s Office about the impossibility of storming Sievierodonetsk.
- Uber operating in European countries, particularly Austria, refused to transport Ukrainian refugees because of a fight between Ukrainians and local taxi drivers near a hotel in Vienna. To prove this, screenshots from Uber’s mobile app in Austria of a note from the company, saying “We do not serve Ukrainian refugees” and profiles of individual drivers with posts containing similar claims were attached.
- There is growing evidence of Poland’s creeping occupation of western Ukraine. For instance, a 20,000-strong contingent is being built. Eyewitnesses claim that Polish police patrols were spotted on Lviv streets, with the Poles behaving like they were masters of the universe.
- The President’s Office urges the Armed Forces to recapture Sievierodonetsk to force the West to continue financing and supporting Ukraine. The Ukrainian government will blame the West, not itself, for all future defeats, making Ukrainian society think accordingly.
Now the TRUTH:
- The information came from the Telegram channel “Resident.” The post also contained a link to another post from “First War News,” relaying the words of the head of the Luhansk OMA, Serhiy Haidai, about the good chances of liberating Sievierodonetsk. “Resident” sort of denied Haidai’s public statement, citing its own sources. “Resident” is one of a series of Telegram channels created by russian special services to destabilize the situation in Ukraine. The Security Service of Ukraine reportedly discovered this network on February 1, 2021. During a telethon on June 2, 2022, Serhiy Haidai said the russians had seized most of Severodonetsk’s territory but continued to suffer heavy losses from our defenders. According to S.Haidai, Sievierodonetsk held out and had every chance to be freed. O.Arestovych, an adviser to the head of the President’s Office, also commented on the fight. According to him, retreating from parts of the city was a ploy by the military to “trap the russian troops.” Ukrainian troops counterattacked despite the russians’ superiority in aircraft and artillery. Serhiy Haidai neither confirmed nor refuted this statement: “Let me put it like this: our defenders pulled off some successful local military operations, and this gives us a chance and hope that it can also happen in the future. Moreover, the situation in the city might really change.”
- There were no official statements from the company regarding the ban on providing services to Ukrainian refugees, and the screenshots were outdated and edited. A fight between Ukrainians (the participants had come in a car with Ukrainian license plates) and Austrian taxi drivers occurred on May 25 near a hotel in Vienna. According to the Austrian tabloid Heute, the dispute arose over the parking lot. As a result, two taxi drivers were injured. Uber has supported the Ukrainian community since the beginning of russia’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine. In particular, Uber drivers in the United States and Europe have an opportunity to use their app to make donations to the International Rescue Committee to support Ukrainian IDPs. In February and March, the service provider transported refugees free of charge across the Polish and, later, Romanian and Czech borders, assisting in delivering food and basic necessities. On February 24, the company temporarily suspended services in Ukraine. However, in March, Uber started operating again in Lviv and Vinnytsia, and for the first time, in Ternopil and Chernivtsi. The company does not charge commissions on payments, with the total cost of the trip going to the drivers.
- First, there were no official statements about the possibility of sending 20,000 Polish troops to Western Ukraine. Only russian and pro-russian anonymous Telegram channels reported on talks between Kyiv and Warsaw, citing sources in the President’s Office. Second, Poland never showed any intention of occupying Ukraine or its western regions. By making such allegations, russia merely attempts to justify its actions and shift Ukrainians’ attention away from the real enemy to an invented one.
- The enemy’s allegations of this kind shift the emphasis, making the messages manipulative. First, the fight for Sievierodonetsk, just as for the rest of Ukraine’s cities, continues not to get Western weapons but to get our territories back and drive the enemy out. Second, the West itself is interested in helping us because russia does not even hide its intentions to continue “the return of other lands of the russian empire” after capturing Ukraine. Put differently, if Ukraine failed to maintain an armed resistance against russia, European countries would become the next targets for the so-called “special operation,” as announced by russian president vladimir putin and the propagandists on federal channels.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 3 p.m. on June 12
- Many relatives of the Ukrainian prisoners in russia ask not to return them to Ukraine, being afraid of repression or being sent to the frontlines again.
- Information spread about J.Stoltenberg reportedly saying, “Peace in Ukraine is possible if Kyiv makes territorial concessions.” Many pro-russian Telegram channels disseminated an image of a document allegedly signed by the Chief of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, S.Shaptala. It said that by June 31, 2022, territorial recruitment centers must prepare lists of women eligible for military service and organize military service registration for women aged 18 to 60.”
- The quisling “manager” of the Kherson region, v.saldo, said that “all loans taken from [Ukrainian] banks may not be repaid; there’ll be no accountability for it.”
Now the TRUTH:
- There is no real reason to believe that Ukrainian prisoners’ relatives asked anyone not to return them to Ukraine. russian media outlets and Telegram channels did not provide any evidence to prove this. On the contrary, for example, an operation is underway to return the Mariupol defenders, and there are negotiations to release other prisoners.
- russian propaganda outlets made quite a unique translation while interpreting the words of the NATO Secretary-General. Jens Stoltenberg said, “Peace [in Ukraine] is possible, but the question [is] how much are you willing to forsake to pay for getting that peace?”
- This information is not accurate, and the document is phony. As the head of the Chernihiv Region Territorial Center of Staffing and Social Support, O.Honcharuk, recently noted: “As for the present situation, there’s no need now for compulsory conscription of women into military service.”
- The statement made by the Kherson-based quisling was intended to, once again, bring down the moods of Kherson residents, reminding them that they were living under occupation and would soon join the aggressor state. In reality, there are no legal grounds why Kherson residents must not repay loans to Ukrainian banks. Despite the temporary occupation, the Kherson region remains an administrative and territorial unit of Ukraine, so the area is within the operation of Ukraine’s banking system.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of noon on June 9
- Pharmaceutical companies have decided to turn the country into one large psychiatric hospital. Ukraine’s Minister of Health believes that getting used to constantly living in wartime conditions negatively impacts mental health.
- Ukrainian authorities are planning to stop paying all social benefits in the Kherson region (pensions, assistance, and salaries).
- In Bulgaria, Ukrainian refugees are being relocated from hotels to containers and escorted to the bathroom. “This possibly happened after the Ukrainians showed themselves in all their glory to hospitable Bulgarians, dirtying hotel walls, conducting acts in the streets wearing ketchup-stained shorts, and desecrating monuments,” said the social network posts’ authors.
Now the TRUTH:
- In an interview with The Telegraph on June 6, Health Minister Viktor Liashko said: “Approximately 15 million Ukrainians will need some psychological help because they have either seen or felt the horrors of war. Of those 15 million, about 20% (less than 4 million) will need medical support.” However, there is no real reason to believe Liashko made this statement for the sake of pharmaceutical companies. According to WHO research, war is one of the most traumatic events for the human psyche. Therefore, it is quite natural that the Ministry of Health is already beginning to assess the extent of damage and prepare to assist the victims.
- On April 23, the First Deputy Chairman of the Kherson Region Council, Yuriy Sobolevskyi, said social benefits would not be suspended. In May, Ukraine’s Main Department of Pension Fund in the Kherson region announced that pension payments for retirees in the Kherson region were underway for May. For instance, earlier on April 21-23, residents of localities in the Kherson region liberated from russian troops could receive pensions accrued during the war. That is, the state allocates funds for paying social benefits, but receiving them is challenging if they cannot be paid into recipients’ card accounts but must only be sent to Ukrposhta branches. On May 14, the head of the Kherson RMA, Henadiy Lahuta, said the salaries were being paid to state employees across the Kherson region. Maryna Lazebna, Minister of Social Policy of Ukraine, told UNIAN in an interview on May 14 that the state continued accruing and financing all social assistance, benefits, and subsidies in full for those living temporarily under occupation. The Kherson branch of the Social Insurance Fund of Ukraine said on June 4, 2022, that despite technical difficulties and the occupation of the Kherson region, sick-day and insurance payments continued to be made. Thus, from the start of the war, the SIFU paid sick-time and maternity benefits to 5,659 Kherson region’s residents, amounting to nearly UA 22 million. In June, the Kherson RMA also said there were problems with paying pensions through Ukrposhta, but the payments continued.
- Ukrainians were relocated to buffer centers from Black Sea hotels, where they were given shelter until May 31. “We did everything we could to avoid setting up tent camps, as in other countries. We said clearly and openly that Bulgaria could no longer support Ukrainian citizens. We announced in the beginning that this measure involving hotels was temporary, aiming to give them (refugees – ed.) time to feel calm and get back on their feet,” said Bulgarian Deputy Prime Minister Kalina Konstantinova. According to her, Ukrainian refugees will be able to live in buffer zones until the Bulgarian authorities receive information on how many people really need support and shelter. Earlier, Kalina Konstantinova had explained that the humanitarian program was initially created to last until May 31. She pointed out that neither the hoteliers nor the local authorities planned or said that Ukrainian refugees would be able to stay in the hotels for free after May 31 under the humanitarian program. The tourist season plays a crucial economic role in Bulgaria, with tourism revenues accounting for a significant percentage of the country’s GDP. Therefore, the authorities are seeking to ensure a good tourist season.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 6 p.m. on June 8
- The mayor of Sviatohirsk confirmed that the Sviatohirsk Lavra had been shelled and burned by the so-called Ukrainian Nazis.
- Zakarpattia is preparing to secede from Ukraine because the head of the Zakarpattia Regional State Administration, Viktor Mykyta, said European fuel would not leave the region until the region’s needs were met.
- About NATO: Finland and Sweden may lose their sovereignty after joining NATO. Former Moldovan President Igor Dodon, currently under house arrest, believes incumbent Moldovan authorities are preparing to join Romania and NATO.
Now the TRUTH:
- Only russian media outlets spread Sviatohirsk Mayor Volodymyr Bandura’s address. Therefore, there would be two reasons he said that: either the mayor had to side with the occupiers and become an instrument of their propaganda machine, or he was in captivity and forced to say something befitting russian propaganda. In any case, we advise you to be wary of such statements and take them critically, considering all possible circumstances of recording such statements and confessions from the leaders of cities where intense warfare is carried out.
- It is unclear how the propagandists linked the statements made by the head of the Zaporizhzhia Regional State Administration to the region’s secession from Ukraine. The thing is that on June 8, the head of the Zakarpattia Regional Administration, Viktor Mykyta, wrote on Facebook that Zakarpattia fuel companies refused to supply fuel to other regions until their own needs were met. Mykyta later deleted the post and published another, saying he was “misunderstood.” He stressed that Zakarpattia did not block fuel supplies through the Carpathians. “Those were local entrepreneurs for whom we’d created favorable conditions for fuel imports and logistics to avoid the fuel crisis in the region. In response, the companies refused to speculate on prices or sell their fuel at a higher price outside of the region,” said Mykyta. Therefore, there was no question of the Zakarpattia region’s separation, as can be seen from his statements.
- There is no reason to believe that countries lose their sovereignty after joining NATO. Joining NATO means that governments must implement a series of reforms and improvements in their armies. However, NATO as a whole and individual Allies do not violate other countries’ sovereignty or interfere with their domestic or foreign policies. The same goes for Moldova and Romania. Joining NATO does not mean that one country will become part of another. But the former President of Moldova, Igor Dodon, holds exclusively pro-russian views. In particular, he recognized Crimea as russian and tried to revoke Moldova’s EU membership and sever ties with NATO.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 9 a.m. on June 7
- russian cruise missiles destroyed the European T-72 tanks and other armored vehicles reportedly deployed inside the grounds of the Darnytsia Car Repair Plant in Kyiv.
- According to the head of the Kherson Regional State Administration, Hennadiy Lahuta, the Armed Forces did not liberate more than 20 settlements in the northern Kherson region. The publications cited an answer from the deputy head of the occupational administration of the Kherson region, Kirill Stremousov.
- During the retreat, the Armed Forces of Ukraine blew up a nitric acid tank inside the grounds of the Azot plant in Sievierodonetsk on May 31, 2022. It was reportedly done so that the wind would carry harmful emissions away towards the towns of Rubizhne and Kreminna in the Luhansk region.
- Information spread across the internet about children’s medical cards reportedly found at a Mariupol base of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), describing their healthy organs. At the same time, the cards did not contain data on children’s illnesses, listing the parents’ contact details instead. Also, the documents reportedly included instructions on how to use weapons and reports on purchasing incubators for eggs used in laboratories working with microorganisms.
Now the TRUTH:
- On the morning of June 5, 2022, Oleksandr Kamyshin, Chairman of the Board of Ukrzaliznytsia, said a missile strike by the russian federation hit the Darnytsia Car Repair Plant in Kyiv. He also commented on the russian defense ministry’s allegations of armored vehicles and tanks provided by Western partners being located inside the factory grounds. Oleksandr Kamyshin said there was no military equipment inside the plant other than gondola cars and trucks for transporting grain under repair. According to Kamyshin, russia used the missile strike to show its desire to destroy Ukraine’s economy, in particular, to prevent the export of Ukrainian goods to the West. After the fire at the plant, Oleksandr Kamyshin invited journalists holding the Ukrainian Defense Ministry’s accreditation to visit the destroyed plant in Kyiv to see for themselves that there was no military equipment there. The image was provided by Simon Shuster, a Time reporter, and Valentyn Ohirenko, Reuters’ Kyiv correspondent.
- In March and May, Ukraine’s Armed Forces liberated several settlements in the northern part of the Kherson region. On March 31, the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine said they had freed Orlove, Zahradivka, and Kochubeyivka within the Kochubeyivka ATC. And on May 6, one of the local Kherson websites cited the Kherson RMA to confirm that Ukraine’s Armed Forces controlled several settlements within the Vysokopillia and Novovorontsovka territorial communities. According to the Operational Command North, on June 4, the Novovorontsovska and Kochubeyivka territorial communities in the Kherson region were considered fully de-occupied. Maps from the Institute for the Study of War (ISW) as of June 2 confirmed the Armed Forces’ complete or partial control over the Novovorontsovka, Vysokopillia, and Kochubeyivka ATCs, and the liberation of Mykolayivka (Vysokopillia ATC) on May 30.
- Serhiy Haidai, head of the Luhansk Regional Military Administration, said on May 31 that the russian federation struck a tank with nitric acid at a chemical plant, urging the area’s residents to stay in hiding and get protective masks. The warnings concerned residents of the entire region, not just the towns of Rubizhne and Kreminna. The acid leak occurred on the evening of May 31. According to the weather forecast on sinoptik.ua, north and northeast winds blew in Sievierodonetsk on the evening of May 31. Rubizhne and Kreminna are located north of Sievierodonetsk, i.e., the wind could not carry harmful emissions toward those localities. Winds are named according to the directions from which they blow. That is, a north wind blows from north to south. Also, despite most of Severodonetsk being under russian control on May 31, the city was not surrounded, and the Armed Forces kept the line in the same positions, said Serhiy Haidai. This refutes the information about the Ukrainian army’s massive retreat, which allegedly caused damage to the tank.
- The ICRC denied this information, saying the organization does not collect children’s medical records and incubators are designed for raising poultry. According to the International Committee of the Red Cross, the organization does not collect children’s medical records and is not involved in organ trafficking, as the fictitious reports suggested. There were no children’s medical records in the Committee’s Mariupol office. Those sharing posts about incubators working with microorganisms hinted that the Red Cross possibly has bio-labs. However, this is not confirmed. The Red Cross points out that in recent years, the organization has distributed incubators as part of agro-economic programs to help families raise poultry. The ICRC’s activities are purely humanitarian. The Committee is working to raise public awareness of the dangers of mines and explosives, and the ICRC publishes and distributes reference materials as part of these activities. However, they are not confidential. The Committee also implements programs to assist people affected by armed conflict in resolving financial problems.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 4 p.m. on June 6
- Ukrainian troops set fire to tons of grain in the warehouses of the Mariupol port, the adviser to the Prime Minister of the DNR, Yan Gagin, told RIA Novosti.
- A statement by Andrei Kartapolov, chairman of the russian state duma’s defense committee, spread online saying the russian military had virtually ceased to suffer losses in the war with Ukraine because of a change in tactics. According to him, this could explain why russia’s defense ministry last reported them in late March 2022.
- Verkhovna Rada Commissioner for Human Rights Liudmyla Denisova was fired for spreading fake news about the russian military raping Ukrainians.
- During the missile attack on the Lviv region on June 1, 2022, the russian military damaged the Beskydy railway tunnel.
Now the TRUTH:
- There is no real reason to claim that the Armed Forces deliberately destroyed tons of grain in storage facilities at the Mariupol port. russia had been massively bombarding Mariupol for almost three months as the fighting for the city continued. Therefore, the grain depots were likely damaged by russian troops. russia continues to use such statements in an attempt to blame Ukraine for the food crisis that might occur globally because of suspended grain supplies. However, each time russia completely denied its culpability for the war, which cut off the grain supplies.
- Andrei Kartapolov made this statement on June 1, 2022. russia’s defense ministry reported its casualties for the last time on March 25, listing 1,351 military casualties. Statistics on the russian losses are based on open and closed data sources (an example of confidential information is the Armed Forces General Staff’s daily summary). According to the report, as of March 25, russia lost 16,100 soldiers, with 30,700 troops lost as of June 1. BBC Russian Service and the outlet Mediazone collect data on losses based on open sources (information from the victims’ relatives, news from russian regional media, and local authorities’ statements). They could confirm 1,387 deaths on March 25 and 3,211 on June 1. However, as noted by russian journalists, the data does not reflect the actual level of losses. The Dutch website Oryx documents russian equipment losses, not personnel losses. However, equipment losses also partially reflect losses among military members. On March 25, the website’s authors had photo confirmation of 1,387 lost russian equipment items (destroyed, damaged, or seized by the Ukrainian forces). On June 1, the figure was already 4,203 items. According to the US Department of Defense, the russian military continued to repeat its mistakes, suffering significant losses. Ruslan Leviev, a Conflict Intelligence Team analyst, also confirmed that despite a change in tactics, the russian army failed to reduce casualties.
- Her failure to fulfill the obligations to organize humanitarian corridors, protect and exchange prisoners, and prevent the deportation of adults and children from the occupied territories are cited among the main reasons for her dismissal. Liudmyla Denisova spent most of her time abroad, where she had powers to help protect Ukrainians. Denisova is also accused of disseminating details of “unnatural sexual act crimes” and rapes of children in the occupied territories that cannot be substantiated. According to Frolov, this only harms Ukraine and distracts the world media from the real needs of Ukraine. Ukrainian female media workers earlier issued an open appeal to the Verkhovna Rada Human Rights Commissioner regarding her unethical statements about sexual crimes committed by the russian military. Denisova described the harsh details of child rape on social media, which could further harm the victims’ families. The media workers also noted that the official public communication of crimes must include conclusions of forensic examination, which Denisova did not provide. Denisova was asked to avoid sensationalism in the media and report the material passed to law enforcement bodies.
- This information appeared in the russian media and was also published by Anton Herashchenko, adviser to the Minister of Internal Affairs of Ukraine. Herashchenko wrote about damage caused to the Beskydy railway tunnel on his Telegram channel but later edited his post. The head of the Lviv RMA, Maksym Kozytskyi, indirectly mentioned it on Telegram: “Yesterday, a Telegram channel spread fake news about the missile strike. Many Telegram channels, media outlets, and people reposted this false story, and then the source edited the information.” Oleksandr Kamyshin wrote that russia’s missile strike had damaged railway infrastructure in the Lviv region, but “the information about the attack on the Beskydy tunnel is not true.”
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of noon on June 5
- Secret documents of the Azov Regiment were found in Mariupol, saying 70% of the local population has pro-russian views.
- The Ukrainian crisis is dragging the world economy down, provoking a third world war.
- On June 4, the Armed Forces used Grad systems to fire 40 shells at downtown Donetsk.
- Washington is doing everything possible to put the main burden of sanctions on European countries, deliberately weakening the economies of the European Union to make them even more dependent on the United States.
- The EU has adopted the sixth package of sanctions which russia will be able to survive. The EU no longer knows what sanctions to impose, playing itself into a corner.
Now the TRUTH:
- Azov’s so-called secret documents were classified as “Secret” (written in Russian) instead of “Secret,” “Top secret,” or “Of Special Importance” in Ukrainian, as is Ukraine’s standard practice. The document also contains typos and grammatical errors. All of this may indicate the piece may have been fabricated by russia to justify the occupation of Mariupol.
- First, there is no so-called “Ukrainian crisis” but a russian war against Ukraine. The terms “crisis” and “conflict” usually conceal russia’s culpability for launching a war against Ukraine. These terms have been misused by the Western media and used manipulatively by propaganda outlets since 2014. Second, Ukraine cannot provoke the Third World War because Ukraine did not start it, but russia did.
- Eyewitness accounts from the temporarily occupied Donetsk suggest otherwise. According to them, the missiles were fired from the temporarily occupied Makiivka. Overall, the propagandists’ actions aim at intimidating the inhabitants of the occupied territories to justify the “special operation,” emphasizing once again the cynicism of the invaders, ready to fire on civilians for the sake of another news headline.
- The purpose of US sanctions, as well as the sanctions imposed by the EU and other countries, is to restrict russia economically so that it no longer receives income (e.g., from oil and gas sales) or cannot produce new weapons. Our partners are thus trying to put pressure on russia to stop hostilities in Ukraine and withdraw troops from all the temporarily occupied territories. In addition, russia’s cultural, diplomatic, and informational isolation continues so that its propaganda cannot influence developed democracies and other countries’ eagerness to help Ukraine.
- The purpose of the sixth package of EU sanctions is to refrain from importing russian oil for six months and oil products for eight months. The sanctions also include disconnecting Sberbank, Rosselkhozbank, Moscow Credit Bank, and the Belarusian Development and Reconstruction Bank from SWIFT. At the same time, the EU has already begun work on the seventh package of sanctions designed to limit russia’s ability to receive gas payments. Therefore, the sanctions’ purpose is primarily to harm russia’s economy. Of course, EU countries might suffer, as might the entire world economy. But its losses are relatively more minor than if russia continued its military aggression against European countries.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 3 p.m. on June 3
- According to Maria Zakharova, russia is ready to supply grain to all countries needing it but is hindered by Western restrictions.
- Ukrainian neo-Nazis are actively using US weapons against civilians.
- Since 2014, the collective West has been pumping Ukraine with weapons and ideology built on hatred for russians. Kyiv was preparing an attack on the “DNR/LNR,” home to hundreds of thousands of russians, as soon as possible.
- Ukrainian troops retreating from Chervonyi Lyman in the “DNR” organized a Katyn-like massacre in the city.
- The discount rate of 25% is nothing but making money using the financial pyramid of the NBU (due to refinancing rollbacks) and commercial banks covering up the scheme to be paid for by the taxpayers replenishing the budget.
- Dmitry Medvedev: In response to russia’s special operation, the United States declared a “war by proxy,” providing Ukraine with weapons and supporting its militaristic regime so that Kyiv could fight until the last Ukrainian.
Now the TRUTH:
- russia blocked the Black Sea, preventing Ukraine from exporting grain. This threatens famine in many countries around the globe. Instead, russia cynically offers its grain and grain stolen from Ukraine in exchange for lifting sanctions.
- Unlike russia, which simply destroys Ukrainian cities and kills Ukrainians, the Armed Forces do not use weapons against Ukraine’s civilian population. Weapons from foreign partners are critical to defending Ukraine’s territory, liberating it, and repelling enemy attacks. In contrast, the russian military completely destroyed Mariupol, Volnovakha, Rubizhne, Popasna, Lyman, and Severodonetsk during the war in Ukraine.
- The West does not need to pump us with the so-called ideology of hatred for russia and russians. russia did the job by occupying Crimea and parts of the Donetsk and Luhansk regions in 2014 and starting a full-scale war destroying Ukrainian cities in 2022. Therefore, our hostility towards russia is primarily the result of russia’s actions. As for weapons, the most significant arms shipments began in 2022, after the start of the war. If foreign partners had helped us more in the previous years, we might have already won back Ukraine’s temporarily occupied territories.
- This is not the first time that russian propaganda has compared the Armed Forces’ actions with the Katyn tragedy. For instance, a similar analogy putin made a similar analogy in his article “On the historical unity of russians and Ukrainians,” published in July last year, when he spoke about the tragedy that occurred at Odesa’s Trade Unions House on May 2, 2014. However, any such comparison is false because it makes no sense for Ukrainian service members to kill the civilian population of Ukrainian cities. The purpose of the Armed Forces is to protect Ukrainians and Ukrainian lands.
- Increasing the discount rate to 25% has positive and negative consequences for Ukraine’s economy and Ukrainians. For example, business loans will become more expensive, but deposits will be more profitable. In other words, it might be more beneficial for Ukrainians to deposit money in a bank than to invest it in real estate, where profits are difficult to predict during wartime. The primary purpose of increasing the discount rate is to curb inflation. And although prices will still rise (mainly because of hostilities and fuel shortages), increasing the discount rate will slow down price growth somewhat. Another consequence of raising the rate is strengthening the hryvnia. Depositing the hryvnia in a bank will be more profitable than buying foreign currency.
- Even now, on the 100th day of the war, russia has to seek justification for its so-called “special operation.” The truth is that the United States is not waging war “by proxy” against russia. The United States is supplying us with weapons, providing financial and diplomatic support so that Ukraine can restrain russia and prevent it from moving on against Europe. After all, the term “special operation” used by russia as a cover-up has long since lost its relevance: our foreign partners know well that russia is waging war against Ukraine and ready to continue warring against the entire civilized world.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 1 p.m. on June 2
- russian media spread information about preparations to launch a chemical attack in Mariupol in 2019. They cited a correspondent of the russian newspaper Izvestia who had reportedly discovered plans to train staff members on how to protect themselves against chemical weapons at an abandoned base of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) in Mariupol.
- Ukraine is exporting grain from the country to maximize profits, while India, another food supplier, has banned grain exports. This will presumably lead to famine in Ukraine this winter.
- A statement by Polish President Andrzej Duda about there being soon no border between Poland and Ukraine spread across the internet. Social media users claimed the President’s words proved Poland’s intention to occupy Ukrainian lands.
Now the TRUTH:
- That ICRC staff were trained on dealing with chemical hazards does not prove that there were preparations for a chemical attack in Mariupol. The ICRC operates in many countries affected by armed conflict, so it is justified that the organization prepares its employees to work in emergencies, including chemical attacks. The ICRC’s website in Ukraine says the organization has offices in Sievierodonetsk and Mariupol, among others (in Kyiv, Slovyansk, Donetsk, Luhansk, and Odesa). russia has said for years that Ukraine wants to use chemical weapons in Donbas but has never published evidence of this. russian-controlled pseudo-republics occasionally talked about using chemical weapons to intimidate the local population. The DNR previously claimed the United States had brought to Donbas chemical weapons, causing paralysis. Ukraine’s Defense and Foreign Affairs Ministries called it disinformation. The US State Department also denied it. In contrast, russia already has experience using chemical weapons, of which at least two cases are known: poisoning a former GUR intelligence officer Sergei Skripal with Novichok and mass chemical attacks on Syrian cities.
- Ukrainian grain exports are vital to support the economy. In addition, Ukraine’s grain production significantly exceeds domestic demand. India’s export restrictions are due to adverse weather and significant increases in domestic grain prices. However, the ban is not absolute: India can still make exceptions and export wheat to individual countries. Within the context of a full-scale war, Ukraine continues to export agricultural goods by river, rail, and road because russia’s aggression blocks the possibility of sea transportation. Grain sold worldwide accounted for 20% of national revenues from Ukraine’s total exports. In 2021, agriculture reached 10% of total GDP, the highest among the sectors of the Ukrainian economy. It is not true to say that “sales of grain will lead to famine in Ukraine.” Every year Ukraine produces many times more grain than it needs to consume domestically. As a result, it “feeds“ about 400 million people worldwide, acting as a guarantor of global food security. India’s example does not prove that grain cannot be exported during the crisis. First, on May 14, 2022, India only restricted exports to wheat, not all grains. Besides wheat, India sells other crops, e.g., rice, corn, rye, barley, and more. Second, the ban is incomplete as India says it will continue exporting wheat to neighboring countries and the most vulnerable countries if India signed grain contracts with them earlier. Third, India’s decision is because of bad weather: since March 2022, South Asian countries have been suffering from severe drought.
- In reality, Andrzej Duda quoted Volodymyr Zelensky and meant the development of political, economic, and cultural relations with Ukraine, not its annexation. Duda made the statement on May 3, 2022. Here is his full quote: “Just as we were able to welcome our neighbors, I believe we will be able to offer them a safe haven so that when the war is over, they will be able to return home, and we will be able to help them rebuild a free, sovereign and independent Ukraine. I hope that for decades to come, and God willing, for centuries to come, Ukraine will be a brotherly state to the Republic of Poland, the country where – as I hope President Volodymyr Zelensky prophetically said – there will be no border between them and ourselves; that there will be no border; that we will live together on this soil, rebuilding and restoring our shared happiness and strength, something that will enable us to withstand every danger, and that will deter any attack or threat in the future.” Andrzej Duda openly said he was quoting “prophetic words of Volodymyr Zelensky.” The President of Ukraine had expressed similar ideas. For instance, in a speech before the Polish Sejm on March 11, 2022, he said: “Just in one day, on the first day of the war, it became clear to me and all Ukrainians, and, I am sure, to all Poles that there are no more borders between us, between our nations. No physical ones. No historical ones. No personal ones. Both presidents did not refer to the merger of Ukraine and Poland into one state or the occupation of one country by the other.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of noon on June 1
- Thanks to the Chechen special forces, the russian army captured Sievierodonetsk in three hours.
- Melitopol cherry growers successfully arranged supplies to russian cities.
- US Army General Eric Olson surrendered at Azovstal.
- Each Ukrainian will be paid up to 70 thousand hryvnias – UN Secretary-General.
Now the TRUTH:
- As of the morning of June 1, Ukraine’s Armed Forces General Staff said russia was controlling 70% of Sievierodonetsk. Still, the rest of the city remained under the control of the Armed Forces. The battles for the town had been going on for over a day. russia traditionally claimed a non-existent lightning-fast victory.
- Like other farmers in the temporarily occupied territories, Melitopol cherry growers either sell their products on the domestic market, in the city or region, or are forced to give their harvest away to the occupiers. So, it is unfounded to say that farmers give it away voluntarily or, worse still, supply it “successfully.” Most likely, farmers are forced to sell their goods to the russians, or they can only sell these goods to them.
- There is no evidence that Eric Olson was in Ukraine during russia’s full-scale attack on Ukraine. It is known that he retired in 2011, after 38 years of service. The propagandists also got Olson’s rank wrong: he is a Navy admiral, not an Army general.
- This is a fraudulent scheme. Social network posts cite the piece published on an unknown website, which they are trying to pass off as the site of the TSN news program on the 1+1 TV channel. However, it has a different domain and interface (the actual TSN domain is https://tsn.ua/). To make the website look more like TSN, the fraudsters added links from a fake page to the authentic TSN pieces, using the logo and adding to the text the phrase “as TSN representatives found out.” The scammers’ piece cites UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres as saying, “every Ukrainian will receive up to UAH 69,000 from the European partners.” In reality, Guterres said nothing of the kind. On April 28, Antonio Guterres said the UN was ready to provide Ukrainians with cash assistance. He said this at a press conference with Volodymyr Zelensky in Kyiv. Guterres said then that 1.3 million Ukrainians could receive payments by the end of May and another two million by the end of August. However, he did not specify how much Ukrainians would receive. The scam website writes that to receive funds, “it is necessary to fill out a short form, and the payment will be calculated automatically.” The link to the form leads to the website of a “Unified Compensation Center for the Return of Unpaid Funds.” However, there is no such institution in Ukraine. The scammers engage in phishing to extract personal confidential data. The website asks to provide an e-mail, phone number, and some contact details. Later, the possible compensation amount comes up, and a small amount is suggested to be paid for legal services to register the application form. The scammers send links to enter users’ card details: number, expiration date, and CVV2 code. This way, they gain access to all funds parked in the users’ card accounts.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 4 p.m. on May 31
- Ukraine has blocked Turkish ships in the Odesa port to use them as a human shield. Ukraine does not allow Turkish sailors to leave the port under the pretext of mine protection measures in the Black Sea, effectively planning to disrupt the landing of the russian fleet in Odesa, which will not open fire on Turkish ships.
- On May 23, 2022, Kyiv cut off gas supplies in the Luhansk and Donetsk regions controlled by Ukraine. Because of this, the Donbas population is forced to cook on campfires in the yards of multi-story apartment buildings.
- Social networks cite the representative of russia’s foreign affairs ministry, Maria Zakharova, as saying Ukrainian refugees are tested for tuberculosis when entering the EU. “Do you know what people arriving in EU countries from Ukraine are tested for in the first place? Tuberculosis. Why? Because they know what NATO structures were up to, they know it very well,” Zakharova said.
Now the TRUTH:
- In reality, the ships remained in Ukrainian ports because navigation was blocked by russia. According to the International Chamber of Navigation, as of May 3, 2022, at least 109 foreign vessels and 500 seafarers remained in Ukrainian ports. According to earlier reports by the Black Sea Institute of Strategic Studies monitoring group and BlackSeaNews, russia planted mines along the sea routes from the Bosphorus to Odesa. russia is covering up the mining of sea routes with lies about “Ukrainian mines moved by a storm.”
- russian invaders damaged the main gas pipeline on the border of the Luhansk and Donetsk regions, which resulted in cutting off the gas supply to the area. Despite identifying the damaged section of the gas pipeline, there is no way of fixing it to resume supplying gas because of the russian army’s shellings. Ukraine’s operator of the gas transmission system announced it on May 23. There are no alternatives to transporting gas to the areas because russia shut down the Soyuz gas pipeline on russian territory on May 11 up to the Sokhranivka gas metering station. It also illegally shut the gas taps in the Novopskov compressor station area in the Luhansk region’s temporarily occupied territory. The gas taps are part of the main gas pipeline, transporting gas to the areas within the Donetsk and Luhansk regions.
- European health regulators do not recommend general TB testing or screening of Ukrainian refugees. On April 7, 2022, the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) and the WHO Regional Office for Europe issued a memo not recommending general TB testing of refugees arriving from Ukraine. Regarding testing for tuberculosis, it is advisable to consider specific groups, such as household contacts of bacteriologically confirmed lung cases or people with weakened immune systems. General TB screening of refugees from Ukraine is also not recommended. TB screening is essential for groups at risk of tuberculosis, such as people living with HIV or those in contact with TB patients. At the same time, the memo recommends a TB prevention assessment for those without the disease. Each EU member state can set its own medical examination rules for refugees. However, the European regulators provided the recommendations mentioned above.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 4 p.m. on May 30
- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said, “Turkey does not intend to interfere in the “show” related to the situation in Ukraine: the country will continue to maintain comprehensive relations with russia.“
- According to IAEA Director General Rafael Grossi, 30,000 kilograms of plutonium and 40,000 kilograms of enriched uranium are stored at the Zaporizhzhya NPP. He also expressed concern that several hundred kilograms of nuclear weapons could be lost from the nuclear power plant. Wall Street Journal journalist Lawrence Norman also tweeted about it.
- Ukrainian authorities have decided to disconnect the occupied Zaporizhzhia and Kherson regions from Ukrainian mobile operators and Internet providers.
- Sausage producers and canneries bought up all available salt. Salt has risen in price several times, so it is necessary to buy it as much as possible.
Now the TRUTH
- This is manipulation: Erdogan’s words were taken out of context. On May 23, 2022, Recep Tayyip Erdogan presented the results of a Turkish government meeting. In his speech, Erdogan said Turkey was helping Ukraine but would maintain relations with russia. We quote Erdogan in full: “By the way, we have given the most serious, concrete, and useful support to Ukraine; we have clearly stated that we will never accept an attack on territorial integrity and sovereignty, even in the war in the North Black Sea everyone is talking about.” We have openly talked about this to russia on every platform and at every level where Turkey has relations with russia. Instead of participating in shows that will not help resolve the crisis, we will continue to maintain political and humanitarian ties with russia making significant efforts to ensure a ceasefire in the region and achieve peace.” russian media distorted Erdogan’s words to give a false impression that Turkey did not intend to get involved with settling the war in Ukraine. In reality, Erdogan said he wanted to find a real solution to end the war. On February 24, Turkish President Erdogan said he supported Ukraine’s territorial integrity. Even before the full-scale war, Turkey had sold Bayraktar drones to Ukraine, continuing to supply them after February 24. In late February, Turkey closed the Bosphorus and Dardanelles to russian warships. In early May 2022, Erdogan said Turkey had already sent 100 trucks of humanitarian aid since the beginning of the war in Ukraine.
- According to Energoatom, plutonium and enriched uranium that could be used for military purposes have never been stored at the Zaporizhzhia NPP. The authors of the widely disseminated piece cite a tweet by Lawrence Norman, a journalist for the Wall Street Journal. In his turn, he cites Rafael Grossi, who claimed that the Zaporizhzhia NPP presumably stored 30 tons of plutonium and 40 tons of enriched uranium. However, the CEO’s allegations are untrue. According to the state-owned enterprise Energoatom, uranium and plutonium that could be used for military purposes are not stored at the Zaporizhzhia NPP. In addition, it is noted that spent fuel assemblies (nuclear fuel) are held at the nuclear power plant. However, such spent fuel is available at all nuclear power plants worldwide.
- According to russia, the shutdown was due to the “fact” that people living under occupation began telling their relatives and friends about “good russian soldiers” who did not kill or loot but helped people. In reality, disconnecting Ukrainians from mobile operators and Internet providers is part of the occupiers’ efforts to infiltrate propaganda into the Ukrainian media.
- Because of shellings by the occupiers and the danger to its workers’ lives, Soledar-based state-owned enterprise Artemsil in the Donetsk region stopped salt production in April. However, large chain supermarkets keep a stock of salt of several thousand tons. Because of high demand and the “opportunity to earn,” salt prices are artificially inflated in retail stores and marketplaces. However, massive purchases of salt in large quantities lead to shortages and further price increases. Sausage and smoked good producers use imported specially prepared salt. Besides their salt stocks, large producers concluded additional international agreements on salt supplies.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 1 p.m. on May 27
- UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund) Deputy Executive Director Omar Abdi said that, during the current phase of the russian-Ukrainian war, the Ukrainian military is using schools as information centers, shelters, supply centers, or for military purposes.
- Poland came to terms with russia on a partition of Ukraine. A map spread across the internet, showing Poland’s intentions to seize Ukraine’s western regions.
- Ukraine was invented by Lenin when he created the Soviet Union.
Now the TRUTH
- russian media spread the statement by Omar Abdi dated May 12, 2022. He spoke at a UN Security Council meeting on the same day dedicating his report to the rights of children in Ukraine after the large-scale russian invasion: “In Ukraine today, education is also under attack. The school year came to a standstill in February when the war broke out. As of last week, at least 15 of 89 – one in six – UNICEF-supported schools in eastern Ukraine had been damaged or destroyed since the start of the war. Hundreds of schools across the country are reported to have been hit by heavy artillery, airstrikes and other explosive weapons in populated areas, whilst other schools are being used as information centers, shelters, supply hubs, or for military purposes – with long-term impact on children’s return to education.” In the passage quoted above, Omar Abdi did not directly say who used schools for military purposes. However, in the same speech, he mentioned russia’s shelling of the railway station in Kramatorsk and a school in the Luhansk region. By the way, on May 18, 2022, Ukraine’s Ministry of Education and Science said 161 educational institutions had been totally destroyed and another 1,611 severely damaged by russian shelling from the beginning of the new stage of the russian-Ukrainian war. When hostilities occur near or inside settlements (urban combat), it is almost impossible to avoid using civilian objects for military purposes. However, russia and Ukraine cannot be held equally responsible for using civilian objects. russia started the aggression in 2014, while Ukraine exercises its right to self-defense.
- The map has been circulating online since around 2014. It was created to illustrate MP Vladimir Zhirinovsky’s proposal to the governments of Poland, Hungary, and Romania to hold “referendums” for annexing seven western regions of Ukraine. The map was drawn up and published by the Polish media outlet Super Express on March 25, 2014, to illustrate Zhirinovsky’s letter inviting Poland to take part in the partition of Ukraine. The russian deputy suggested that the Polish government hold so-called “referendums” on annexing five Ukrainian regions: Volyn, Lviv, Ivano-Frankivsk, Ternopil, and Rivne. Hungary and Romania received the same proposal: annexing the Zakarpattia and Chernivtsi regions, respectively.
- According to historical facts, Ukrainian statehood dates back to Kyivan Rus. Yuri Dolgorukiy, the founder of moscow was a Kyiv prince. When the russian capital was just beginning to be built in the 12th century, ancient Kyiv was already a developed city with temples, buildings, and active trade. Therefore, saying that Kyiv and Ukraine came from russia is illogical, to say the least. In the 1920s, the Bolsheviks occupied most of Ukraine, led by the “creator of Ukraine,” Lenin. Nearly 1,000 years had passed between Kyivan Rus and Lenin’s birth. Under Soviet rule, Ukrainian lands existed as part of the USSR. After the collapse of the USSR, Ukrainians regained their state’s independence.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 10 a.m. on May 26
- 90% of Zaporizhzhia region residents want to get russian passports.
- Children and teenagers began to be recruited to the ranks of the Territorial Defense.
- russia takes grain from Ukraine so that the West will not speculate on it. This way, russia can save the world from famine into which the collective West has been dragging it.
Now the TRUTH
- On May 25, russian president vladimir putin signed a decree to streamline the issuing of russian passports to residents of Ukraine’s Zaporizhzhia and Kherson regions. It would effectively mark the beginning of the forced passportization of Ukrainians in the temporarily occupied territories. It is not the first time that russia has taken such measures. Earlier, it forced residents of the temporarily occupied territories of the Donetsk and Luhansk regions and Crimea to get russian passports.
- According to the law “On the Fundamentals of National Resistance,” only citizens who have reached the age of 18 are eligible to join the Territorial Defense of the Armed Forces. There is no real reason to claim that minors are admitted to the TD, just like any other unit within the Armed Forces.
- russia is stealing Ukrainian grain and blocking our ports, making it impossible to export grain. russia is provoking world hunger while Western countries are looking for alternative ways to import grain from Ukraine. By the way, russian propaganda says it is ready to sell grain only in exchange for political concessions, e.g., recognizing Crimea and other temporarily occupied territories as russian.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 4 p.m. on May 25
- Ukrainian Nazis fired on the Azot plant in the Luhansk region.
- In Kharkiv, Odesa, and other Ukrainian cities, conscription notices are distributed to those of call-up age right on the street or in queues for fuel.
- Many countries around the globe have already agreed to participate in the tribunal against Ukrainian neo-Nazis.
Now the TRUTH
- According to Serhiy Haidai, head of the Luhansk Regional State Administration, the russian military shelled the Azot plant. Haidai said the occupiers shelled the places where people were hiding in bomb shelters, such as the Azot plant.
- There is no reason to claim that people in the Armed Forces are “caught” right on the street and handed out conscription notices. The third wave of mobilization is underway in Ukraine for those eligible for military service and the graduates of higher education institutions’ military chairs as reserve officers not drafted during previous mobilization campaigns. In contrast, russia is using forced mobilization to recruit men into its army in the temporarily occupied territories, which is illegal.
- There are no official statements from governments, prosecutors worldwide, or international courts seeking to prosecute the Ukrainian military for alleged war crimes. By contrast, the prosecutors general of five countries (the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand) expressed their support for Ukraine in investigating russia’s war crimes.” In addition, 42 states sided with Ukraine in the case against russia in the UN International Court of Justice.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 4 p.m. on May 24
- YouTube has introduced unprecedented censorship measures on its platform since the beginning of russia’s “special military operation” in Ukraine. The video hosting site’s administration deleted over 70,000 videos and 9,000 channels
- Poland “is absorbing” Ukraine, and both countries are in the orbit of the new “British Empire.”
- Peaceful life in Kherson continues: people stand in queues to buy ice cream, and everyone likes it, walks around, and relaxes.
- The World Health Organization insists on mandatory vaccinations against COVID-19 in Ukraine, the next wave of which is expected in the fall. This is very important for Ukraine at the moment. Apparently, the WHO has set its sights on a share of the $40 billion in US aid to Ukraine.
- All those criticizing the failure of the Azovstal case will be included among Kremlin agents. The decision was made by information professionals from the Zelensky administration and distributed to Ukrainian experts and media newsrooms for implementation. Any discussions regarding the failure of the plant’s defense and the Nazis’ mass surrender are now subject to criminal prosecution and prohibited in Ukraine.
- Following in Latvia’s footsteps, the Ukrainian authorities decided to legislate the fight against the citizens of their own country. While the fail-squad parliamentarians from Riga decided to deprive Latvians of citizenship for supporting russia’s special operation (but actually for their political views), the Verkhovna Rada is trying to surpass its neighbor. It will deprive those Ukrainians of citizenship who left the country in the last two months.
Now the TRUTH
- YouTube did indeed delete 9,000 channels and 70,000 videos relating to the war in Ukraine. But it was not censorship: YouTube removed the videos and channels referring to the war as russia’s “liberation mission.” YouTube also restricted or removed some russian channels, including those of Kremlin opinion leaders, and restricted some russian government channels. All this was meant to increase access for Ukrainians and citizens of neighboring countries to reliable information about the war. Furthermore, it was not censorship. YouTube removed videos violating its policies regarding particularly violent events. The war, like massacres, the Holocaust, or the Holodomor, is an example of particularly violent events governed separately by YouTube’s rules. Users agree to abide by the network’s rules when using social media (e.g., YouTube, Facebook, TikTok, and whatnot). Violating them will mean the possible imposition of restrictions.
- Unlike russia, Poland is not trying to violate Ukraine’s sovereignty and independence, occupy its territory, or kill civilians. On the contrary, Poland has been helping us in the war against russia, accepting millions of Ukrainian refugees, and providing financial and diplomatic support and weapons. Closer ties between Ukraine and Poland do not mean that the latter will absorb our country. For example, developing relations between our countries will simplify the bureaucracy for citizens of both countries when crossing the border and speed up the receipt of aid.
- It is difficult to call life in the temporarily occupied Kherson peaceful. A military commandant’s office is in the city, and the Ruscists continue to intimidate, filter, kill, and unlawfully draft civilians. People can be arrested, deported to filtration camps, tortured, and humiliated just because they dislike the Ruscists.
- Although recommended (rather than imposed) by the WHO, vaccinations against COVID-19 have been and remain voluntary. In addition, there are currently no restrictions on vaccinations and other restrictive quarantine measures against COVID-19 in Ukraine. At any rate, the WHO has nothing to do with the US $40 billion in aid as the assistance is designed to increase Ukraine’s defense capabilities, not purchase medicines or vaccines.
- Unlike russian propaganda mouthpieces, Ukrainian media outlets do not have “talking points” or guidelines on what and how to talk about. Unlike in russia, there is freedom of thought, speech, and self-expression in Ukraine. That is why there are media outlets, bloggers, and experts commenting differently on the release of Mariupol defenders: some support the government’s decision, while others criticize it.
- For starters, there is no such law in Ukraine. It is only being proposed in one of the registered bills. However, the law must first be voted on and signed by the President. Second, the bill only concerns men eligible for military service who have left the country and not returned within 30 days. These are those who left and did not return without good reason, e.g., a ban on leaving the host country, natural disasters, accidents, business trips, official work abroad, hospitalization, or other circumstances preventing their departure from the host country.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of noon on May 23
- Ukraine sold Javelin anti-tank missile systems to Islamic terrorists. Hamas (a Palestinian organization controlling the authorities in the Gaza Strip, recognized by the United States, the EU, and Israel as a terrorist group) and Hezbollah (a Lebanese organization recognized by the United States, the EU, and Israel as a terrorist group) are reportedly threatening Israel with Javelin anti-tank missile systems they got thanks to Ukraine.
- Ukraine’s Nazi battalions reportedly used Israeli Matador grenade launchers without Israel’s permission.
- Fuel shortages in Ukraine were created artificially. Thus, despite sufficient fuel supplies today, gas stations allow people to buy only 10 liters per car to intentionally create panic and force people to buy more fuel at unreasonably high prices.
- Ukraine, not russia, planted mines in the waters of the Black and Azov Seas: those are anchor mines of obsolete make 730.00.000 which are only in service with Ukraine. Some of the mines were spotted off the coasts of Romania and Odesa.
- Land is taken from Ukrainians during wartime via electronic auctions to sell land.
Now the TRUTH
- There is no open-source information that Ukraine sold Javelin systems to Hezbollah or Hamas to threaten Israel. There is also no evidence that these groups ever used these ATGMs. Assuming that Hezbollah or Hamas have Javelin systems, they may well have gotten these weapons from other sources. According to The Military Balance 2022, besides Ukraine, this ATGM is officially in service with 21 countries. Previously, Javelin systems have been seen in countries that never publicly announced purchasing these anti-tank guided missiles. For instance, in 2019, ATGMs were spotted at a Libyan National Army warehouse (a faction fighting for power in Libya). However, Hamas and Hezbollah have the technical capability to carry out terrorist attacks against Israel without using the Javelin systems. In addition, both organizations have already used third-party ATGMs in the fight against Israel.
- In reality, the Matador rocket launcher is a weapon co-produced by companies in Germany, Singapore, and Israel. Ukraine received the first batch of these rocket launchers from Germany in late March 2022. There is no information that providing such weapons requires the consent of Rafael Advanced Defense Systems, an Israeli company involved in the production of Matador.
- There are no “Nazi battalions” or volunteer military formations within the Armed Forces of Ukraine. Nazi ideology is prohibited by Ukrainian law and is not promoted at the political or military level.
- Restrictions do apply at gas stations in Ukraine. In April and May 2022, many gas station networks set limits of 10 to 30 liters of fuel per car. The deficit arose because of several factors, including:
- the beginning of russia’s large-scale invasion of Ukraine and the lack of access to the russian and belarusian fuel markets, on which Ukraine depended significantly until February 24, 2022;
- the destruction of oil depots and refineries in Ukraine because of russian missile strikes;
- the maritime blockade that disabled Ukraine from receiving fuel by sea; and
- increased demand for fuel for military and civilian transport because of the intense hostilities.
- According to Yuliia Svyridenko, the First Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Economy, the average daily fuel consumption in Ukraine is 13,000 tons, while the daily May imports were about 12,000 tons. Ukraine is reorienting to the European fuel market (daily fuel imports from the EU have grown from 4 to 12 thousand tons), but setting up logistics requires additional time. The government plans on increasing daily fuel imports to at least 15-16 thousand tons.
- The Ministry for Foreign Affairs identified the used drift mines as those seized by russia’s armed forces in 2014 during the military invasion and occupation of the city of Sevastopol. As of early 2022, the mines were not registered with the Naval Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. Using the mines from warehouses seized in 2014 is a deliberate provocation by russia, attempting to discredit Ukraine in the eyes of international partners.
- Electronic land auctions are not a mechanism for taking land from Ukrainians during wartime. Landowners may sell or lease their land at an electronic auction only at their discretion. Put differently, land auctions are not forced upon as many other legal actions, being voluntary. In addition, the Constitution of Ukraine protects citizens’ private property (Article 41). No one can be unlawfully deprived of their property. Martial law imposed in Ukraine on February 24, 2022, may temporarily restrict the rights and freedoms of citizens, including the right to private property. Forcible seizure of property is allowed during martial law or state of emergency. However, it is only possible to alienate property in the case of prior and full reimbursement of its value and public necessity, based on and in the manner prescribed by law. Only russia’s and its residents’ property can be seized without reimbursement for its cost. Land is not taken from Ukrainians. In addition, the procedure for alienating property during wartime makes no mention of electronic auctions.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of noon on May 18
- Azov held the whole of Mariupol hostage.
- Those who remain in the Azovstal steelworks will see the wounded treated and not killed. It may prompt some to surrender.
- MP Kira Rudyk, who was involved in talks regarding Ukrainian service members’ surrender in Azovstal, said there was no agreement between Kyiv and moscow on exchanging the Azovstal captives.
- Using blackmail to get foreign aid is one of the reasons why Kyiv has set the task to Ukraine’s Armed Forces to defend Severodonetsk at all costs.
- russia will hold a press tour for russian and foreign journalists across “liberated” areas of Ukraine, including the country’s east, south, and Crimea.
Now the TRUTH
- The Azov Regiment, like the other Mariupol defenders, did not hold the civilian population hostage. russia has repeatedly said that the defenders of Mariupol use civilians as a “human shield” or hold people hostage to flee together through humanitarian corridors. None of that is true. Like the Marines, the National Guard, the National Police, and other defenders, Azov safeguarded the city and its people and repeatedly called on the authorities and the world community to save civilians.
- Although propaganda outlets try to “stimulate” the rest of the defenders to surrender by making such statements, Ukraine’s official position is different. First, negotiations are underway to rescue those remaining in the plant. Second, negotiations are underway on exchanging the 264 Mariupol defenders evacuated earlier. Third, russia’s official statements indicate completely different russian plans regarding Ukrainian defenders, i.e., convicting them of war crimes and Nazism and possibly even returning the death penalty for Nazi crimes. Therefore, overall, it does not look like russia is going to treat Ukrainian prisoners well.
- This fake news arose because, in one of the recent pieces by The New York Times, Kira Rudyk was named a participant in the negotiations for the release of the Mariupol defenders. Mykhailo Podoliak, an adviser to the head of the President’s Office, denied media reports about the Holos party chairperson Kira Rudyk’s participation in the talks regarding the evacuation of Ukrainian defenders from Mariupol. According to him, such statements only harm the fragile process “at such a crucial moment.” The Holos party’s head wrote on her Facebook page that she was not involved in the negotiations regarding evacuations from Azovstal, saying the American newspaper’s article “did not say a word” about it.
- The Armed Forces are defending Severodonetsk, trying to repel russian troops from it, not because the government is using blackmail to get Western aid, but because it is a Ukrainian city. Ukraine plans on returning and protecting all of its cities. The West continues to provide us with financial, military (weapons supplies), and diplomatic aid because if Ukraine loses, russia’s next goal would be Europe. In addition, the world does not need a terrorist country like russia to blackmail the whole world with a potential attack merely to sell energy and expand its geopolitical influence.
- The press tour organized by russia is an attempt to televise a staged show that russia is a “harbinger of protection and peace” in the so-called “liberated” cities of Ukraine. In this way, russia will only show its domestic and foreign media a distorted picture of reality. In actuality, the occupiers have been terrorizing, torturing, interrogating, and killing civilians in the temporarily occupied cities and regions.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of noon on May 17
- Ukraine’s Defense Ministry has officially acknowledged the surrender of 264 people in Azovstal.
- Ukrainian artillery fired on the village of Olenivka near Donetsk. The Azov Regiment members that surrendered in Azovstal are transported through this settlement. It looks like a deliberate attempt to destroy their own surrendering unit.
- The Ukrainian military uses schools and hospitals for military purposes, and civilians as a human shield.
- The russian defense ministry claims the explosion in the Kharkiv region that resulted in an orange cloud was carried out by Ukrainian special services detonating a fougade, amped up with a ton of “ammonium nitrate.” According to russia’s defense ministry, a cloud about a kilometer high floated towards Kramatorsk.”
- Ukrainian media report an unprecedented victory: the Armed Forces soldiers allegedly reached the border with russia, as evidenced by pictures taken against the backdrop of a border post. In reality, Ukrainian soldiers simply brought the pole with them, placed it in the middle of a field, took pictures, and then tried to leave the scene as soon as possible.
Now the TRUTH
- The Supreme Military Command ordered the commanders of the units stationed in Azovstal to save the lives of their members. Therefore, 53 gravely wounded soldiers were rescued from Azovstal yesterday and transported to the occupied town of Novoazovsk in the Donetsk region. Another 211 soldiers were evacuated through a humanitarian corridor to the occupied Olenivka and then returned to the Ukrainian-controlled territory, following an exchange procedure. Measures continue to be taken to rescue the remaining defenders in Azovstal. By maintaining their positions in Azovstal, the Mariupol defenders did not let the enemy transfer the forces comprised of up to 17 battalion tactical groups (about 20,000 personnel) to other directions. That prevented the enemy from implementing the plan of the rapid capture of Zaporizhzhia, advancing to the administrative border of the Donetsk and Zaporizhzhia regions, and creating conditions for surrounding the JFO groups.
- In an address on rescuing soldiers from Mariupol, Volodymyr Zelensky stressed: “We hope that we’ll be able to save the lives of our guys. Among them are those badly wounded, and they are getting help. I want to emphasize that Ukraine needs Ukrainian heroes alive.” Therefore, we have no objective basis to believe that the Armed Forces fired on Olenivka merely to “finish off” its own fighters. Moreover, russian propaganda always unequivocally states that any shelling of settlements is the doing of the Armed Forces. That is how russia often tries to shift the blame for its own crimes and shellings onto Ukraine’s defenders.
- As of April 1, according to a study by the Kyiv School of Economics, Russia had destroyed 533 secondary and higher education institutions and 196 healthcare institutions. The damage from these destructions is estimated at more than $ 3 billion. Russian troops, not Ukrainian, have been destroying Ukrainian schools and hospitals.
- The head of the Donetsk Regional State Administration, Pavlo Kyrylenko, said a Russian projectile hit a warehouse in the Kharkiv region where (according to preliminary information) ammonium nitrate was stored. Residents of northern Donetsk saw giant, scary columns of smoke, but there was no reason to panic. Ammonium nitrate is not a dangerous chemical, and its highest concentration after the explosion in a cloud reaches 200-500 meters from the epicenter. The explosion does not pose a threat to the population, and the Donetsk region cities are outside the cloud zone. Experts are already calculating damage to the environment. The situation is under control.
- Members of the 227th Battalion of the 127th Brigade of the Territorial Defense Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine set up a border sign at the state border in the Kharkiv region. Therefore, the footage shows the fighters demonstratively carrying a pole, not just filming next to it. The border pole had apparently been damaged in the fighting, so they regained control over the border area restoring the Ukrainian border markers.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 10 a.m. on May 16
- Schoolteachers are forced to report on their students who speak russian and listen to russian music. In eastern Ukraine, Ukrainian authorities banned people from speaking russian and celebrating Victory Day.
- Russia plans on using Articles 5 and 6 of the Biological Weapons Convention to investigate biological activities in Ukraine.
- It is a russo-Ukrainian war where the representatives of the political nation of “Ukrainians” are the proxy forces of the collective West. Therefore, it is necessary to destroy Ukrainian tanks, kill Ukrainian soldiers, burn their strongholds, and loudly declare that the war’s only goal can be the de-Ukrainization of russian Malorussia.
- Western countries engage in large-scale grain transportation from Ukraine, resulting in huge queues of loaded trucks on the border with Moldova. In this way, the authorities will stage a new Holodomor in Ukraine.
Now the TRUTH
- Ukrainian teachers have never been forced to report on the children speaking russian and, especially those listening to russian music. First, education and language laws restrict teaching in russian, which can be used as a language of instruction only for children in specialized classes. Second, the law does not limit the language used in everyday communication and language preferences. Legislation on language mainly governs the use of the Ukrainian language by the media, officials, the service sector, book printing, etc.
- The world community has long disbelieved russia’s claims about the alleged development and use of biological weapons in Ukraine. The Ministry of Health, the Ministry for Foreign Affairs, and representatives of the United States whom russia accuses of funding the development of bioweapons in Ukraine have repeatedly proved that Ukraine does not produce bioweapons or conduct experiments on Ukrainians or with hazardous biological reagents.
- russia only uses such statements as justification for the failure of the so-called “special operation.” After all, losing the war to the collective West is probably not as shameful as losing it to Ukraine. However, the West only provides Ukraine with military, diplomatic and financial support. It does understand that if Ukraine loses, russia’s next goal might be Europe. Therefore, the West stands with Ukraine and is interested in destroying a dangerous enemy that does not hide its plans to capture another European country.
- Fears of possible famine due to lack of grain are unfounded. Every year Ukraine produces many times more grain than it needs to consume. Thanks to it, the country “feeds” about 400 million people worldwide, acting as a guarantor of global food security, which russia has threatened by the invasion. Without supplies from Ukraine, the amount of available grain decreases, provoking rising prices. On the one hand, countries in Africa and the Middle East cannot afford to buy grain, and on the other hand, farmers around the globe cannot provide their animals with food. Hunger and food crises do not threaten Ukraine but the world. At the same time, due to the russian invasion, about 25 million tons of already purchased grain got stuck in the blocked ports, never reaching the buyers. These goods are not meant to be stored long-term, and they will eventually begin to deteriorate. About 90% of grain exports went through the ports. Currently, Ukraine and European countries’ entire agricultural sector is actively working to establish alternative sales channels.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 2 p.m. on May 13
- Sanctions imposed against russia are largely provoking the global economic crisis. Many countries face the threat of famine, and the blame for this lies entirely with Western elites.
- The “Azov members” torture and burn the civilian population of Mariupol hiding in Azostal to prevent them from coming out to the russians and leaving the plant.
- Ukrainian refugees beat a Pole to death in Warsaw.
Now the TRUTH
- russia makes such reports to distract its citizens from economic problems in russia in the first place. In reality, russia was harshly hit by the sanctions: restrictions on exports, disappearing imported goods, the devaluation of the ruble and inflation (which russia’s central bank can only curb artificially), unemployment, and falling incomes. All of this is transpiring in russia, and its political leadership chooses to keep hush about it, blaming Western elites instead. Unlike russia, the West is searching for alternative ways to supply its countries with gas and oil or to completely abandon imports from russia, looking for new markets for exports and investment. By the way, Ukraine could become one of them.
- There are no objective grounds for claiming that Azov Regiment members torture civilians in Azovstal. Quite the opposite: Azov fighters have repeatedly called on the world community and Ukrainian authorities to arrange an evacuation for the civilian population. Moreover, even before russia began spreading allegations of the torture of civilians, it became known that all civilians had been evacuated from Azovstal, and only members of the military were being rescued.
- There is no mention in the Polish media of any Ukrainian refugees beating a Pole to death. As for Ukrainian refugees, russia invents or chooses a negative example and then inflates it to sound like situations of this kind arise constantly and are frequent. That is russian propaganda manipulation because, in most cases, Ukrainian refugees abroad behave with dignity, are grateful for the help, and support Ukraine even from abroad.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 3 p.m. on May 12
- Ukrainian special services are preparing a provocation in Dnipro to accuse the russian military of killing civilians.
- Governor Marchenko of Aidar is preparing Odesa for a protracted war according to the Mariupol scenario.
- Residents of the Kherson region, who previously left for other Ukrainian regions, are returning home, said the region’s deputy head Kyrylo Stremousov.
Now the TRUTH
- Ukraine does not organize provocations against the Ukrainian civilian population. Yet such reports may be a sign that russia is preparing provocations to shift the blame onto Ukraine’s armed forces and special services. Disseminating such messages in advance will allow russia to say, “We warned you that Ukraine would organize such a provocation.” Earlier, russia had spread similar information about possible bombardments of other Ukrainian cities, shelling of temples on Easter, an attack on bridges across the Dnieper River, and provocations in western Ukraine on May 8-9.
- The military administration and the mayor’s Office of Odesa are not preparing the city for the so-called “Mariupol scenario.” Overall, it is not clear what russia refers to as the “Mariupol scenario,” except for the plans to destroy this Ukrainian city by russian forces. All Ukrainian cities, including Odesa, are now preparing to defend themselves against a potential russian offensive. After all, Ukraine’s and these cities’ leadership will not yield a single piece of our land to russia.
- Half of the city’s residents left Kherson. Meanwhile, the occupation authorities plan on holding an illegal referendum in the city and the region, proclaiming the so-called “Kherson People’s Republic” and asking russia to take in the “People’s Republic of Kherson.” Kyrylo Stremousov is an accessory, a self-proclaimed deputy head of the region siding with the occupiers. Notably, before the start of the full-scale war, Stremousov was a local journalist who spread many fake articles about COVID-19 and vaccinations. Most of these phony stories stemmed from russian propaganda.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 3 p.m. on May 11
- The russian army allegedly does not commit crimes in the occupied cities of the Kherson and Zaporizhzhia regions (Kherson, Berdiansk, Melitopol, etc.). This information began to spread on Facebook at least from April 6, 2022, after the facts of the mass killings of civilians in the Kyiv region under russian occupation became known. Similar reports continued to circulate in May.
- The US aid of $ 40 billion aims to continue the war against russia, wishing to inflict a heavy defeat on russia and limit its economic development and global political influence.
- Across Europe, the “Washington architects” planned and launched pro-Ukrainian/Ukrainian provocateurs to disrupt the May 9 celebrations.
Now the TRUTH
- Even given the limited conditions under the occupation, we receive information about mass crimes committed by the russian army: kidnapping, torture, rape, injury, and murder. Here are just a few examples:
- February 24: The russian military shot five civilians dead near Nova Kakhovka, Kherson region.
- March 5: The russians killed two civilians in the Zaporizhzhia region.
- March 11: The russian occupiers kidnapped the mayor of Melitopol (released on March 16). Also, the abductions took place in the Kherson region, e.g., the mayor of Skadovsk (March 16) and a former head of the Kherson Regional State Administration (April 9).
- March 12: According to journalist Konstiantyn Ryzhenko, russian security forces began harassing and detaining Ukrainian activists, journalists, and former service members in occupied Kherson. Similar crimes were also reported in the Zaporizhzhia region.
- March 21: russian forces forcibly dispersed a peaceful rally in Kherson. At least one protester was detained, and several others were injured. The same thing happened during the subsequent actions, say on April 27, when the russians used force again and wounded four people.
- April 2: russians injured four civilians protesting in Enerhodar, Zaporizhzhia region.
- April 7: According to the head of the military administration of Kryvyi Rih, the russian occupiers raped a 16-year-old pregnant girl and a 78-year-old woman in the Kherson region.
- April 12: The occupiers killed seven civilians in the village of Pravdyne in the Kherson region.
- April 20: The head of the Kherson Regional Military Administration (RMA) said the Ukrainians evacuated from the Kherson region to the Dnipropetrovsk region reported on crimes committed by the russians: ill-treatment, beatings, abductions, and rapes of women.
- April 30: Nazar Kahalniak, a former service member, died of torture by russians in the Kherson region.
- April 30: Zaporizhzhia RMA reported that as of April 28, the occupiers had abducted 213 civilians in the Zaporizhzhia region, 88 of whom are still in captivity.
- russian propaganda distorts the idea of this aid and replaces notions. In addition, they failed to mention why the United States provides military assistance to Ukraine. US support for Ukraine is primarily aimed at protecting Ukraine’s territorial integrity and preserving its sovereignty. The United States would not be destroying russia economically or diplomatically if russia had not started a war against Ukraine.
- The thing is that Europe does not celebrate Victory Day on May 9. This holiday was created by the USSR and adopted by russia. The holiday’s purpose is to appropriate the victory over Nazi Germany only to russia, degrading other countries’ contributions. Europe traditionally celebrates victory over Nazism on May 8, as does Ukraine. In addition, the United States does not plan or conduct provocations to disrupt pro-russian events. If there had been such cases in Europe, Ukrainians probably would have done it on their own initiative, or russian provocateurs themselves could have aggressively disrupted the attempt to celebrate May 9 to document it and spread fake news of the United States disrupting Victory Day celebrations.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of noon on May 11
- Threats from russia: russia’s victory will come when its soldiers reach the Polish border on foot.
- russia’s GDP growth is possible if certain conditions are met and the IMF’s economic “recipes” are rejected.
- Ukraine’s southern territories should become part of russia.
Now the TRUTH
- By making such statements, the enemy directly threatens to seize the entire territory of Ukraine. Interestingly, the statements contradict other russian disinformation, namely that Poland allegedly claims the western part of Ukraine. Thus, russian propaganda is once again inconsistent and self-contradictory. However, the truth is that russia will not win, and Ukraine will undoubtedly return all the temporarily occupied territories.
- Hardly anything can be done to keep russia’s economy from falling except for cooking the statistics, according to which russia’s GDP will grow, not drop. Sanctions, companies leaving the market, restrictions on exports and foreign exchange inflows, and the bankruptcy of individual companies inevitably lead to the collapse of the russian economy. As for the IMF’s recipes, the countries working with the IMF undertake to change something in such a way as to achieve sustainable economic growth and reduce the budget deficit. Ukraine does it, being committed to reforms to support the economy.
- This is another threat from russia. However, Ukrainian authorities do not abandon or surrender the country’s southern regions. Fighting for every piece of Ukrainian land continues.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of noon on May 10
- The fake stories of Ukrainian propaganda proved inaccurate: putin did not declare war or mobilization during the May 9 parade.
- russian media outlets spread information that “despite the unsuccessful sowing campaign, grain is trucked out in large quantities from the Odesa and Mykolayiv regions to pay for the land lease and accuse russia of a new Holodomor.” The idea is “thrown” into the information space despite Ukraine’s plans to export grains.
- Armed Forces “failed to destroy russian Raptor boats near Snake Island,” as reported by several russian Telegram channels referring to unspecified “sources close to the military operation.” They also said that “the ships’ crews did not sustain injuries.”
Now the TRUTH
- Ukraine did not create any such fake items. Instead, Ukrainian intelligence predicted that russia might (!) openly declare mobilization for the war against Ukraine. Western officials also said that russia might (!) consider different scenarios for May 9, e.g., declaring the annexation of the occupied territories of the Luhansk and Donetsk regions in eastern Ukraine, intensifying the offensive on Odesa, or declaring complete control over Mariupol. None of the predictions failed because russia had no victories, no successes, but the total failure of this whole “special operation.”
- Ukraine does not use grain as a payment for the land lease. First, land lease debts can arise only if Ukraine wants to keep the military equipment obtained through this law after the war with russia. Any equipment destroyed or lost during the fighting is written off. Second, the sowing campaign continues. According to Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal, Ukraine will sow approximately 14.2 million hectares of agricultural land this season, i.e., 80% of last year’s figure of 16.9 million hectares. Third, the grain is trucked out by the occupiers smuggling it from the temporarily occupied regions. Because of the blocked ports, Ukraine cannot export about 25 million tons of grain.
- On May 8, the Ukrainian military used the Bayraktar UAV to destroy a Project 11770 landing craft (Serna class) and two Raptor-class patrol boats near Snake Island. The strikes also killed 46 russian occupiers.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of noon on May 9
- Poles are so tired of Ukrainian refugees that emblems of the russian occupation army in the form of blue “Z’s” appear on police cars, presumably as a sign of support.
- A group of Ukrainian service members left the territory of Azovstal in Mariupol carrying a white flag. A group of russians came out to meet the Ukrainian military, and this was supposedly the first contact of this kind since the beginning of the siege of Mariupol.
- In Melitopol, Mariupol, Enerhodar, and the Kherson region, people go en masse to the Immortal Regiment and celebrate May 9.
- The exploits of the heroes of the “special operation” in Ukraine repeat the heroic deeds committed during the Great Patriotic War.
Now the TRUTH
- Blue markings on police cars in Poland mean that law enforcement officers belong to a particular region (voivodeship) or police department. Thus, the mark “Z” or “ZZ” on a Polish police car will mean belonging to the Warsaw Headquarters, the mark “F” or “FF” to Lodz Voivodeship, “H ”or “ Y ” to Masovian Voivodeship, etc.
- On May 7, the Ukrainian military implemented the civilian evacuation plan at Azovstal. Both Ukrainian and russian military members used white flags to evacuate civilians. According to the Azov Regiment, this procedure was carried out for the fourth time. Evacuations of civilians from Azovstal, on which Ukraine had been working together with the United Nations, began on May 1. On May 7, Ukraine’s deputy prime minister Iryna Vereshchuk said all women, children, and the elderly had been evacuated from Azovstal.
- It is unlikely that residents of the temporarily occupied cities volunteered to rally. First, the occupiers can force residents to act in their favor in these cities. Second, russian propaganda could bring actors and stalking horses from other temporarily occupied territories to town to create a “picture” of the May 9 celebrations.
- Ruscists repeat in Ukraine the crimes committed by the Soviet army during the Second World War: looting, rape, attacking strategic facilities sustaining cities, deporting Ukrainians to russia’s depressed regions, and organizing genocide.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 10 a.m. on May 6
- Ukraine is a “leader” in the criminal trafficking of human organs.
- Mariupol has finally become “Mariupol [written in russian]:” updated russian-language road signs have appeared at the entrance to the “liberated” city.
- russian passports have been obtained by 386 thousand inhabitants of the DNR under a simplified procedure.
- russian “oil embargo” will mean economic suicide for the European Union.
Now the TRUTH
- Afghanistan, Algeria, Burma (Myanmar), China, the Comoros, Cuba, Eritrea, Iran, Nicaragua, North Korea, South Sudan, Syria, Turkmenistan, Venezuela, and russia are human and organ trafficking “leaders.” Ukraine has never been included in such “rankings”.
- To begin with, russia did not liberate Mariupol but occupied it. Second, russia is cynically changing road signs from Ukrainian and English to russian, which means they were made in advance. This is another confirmation that russia prepared to seize the city and establish its control over it.
- Under the guise of the so-called “simplified procedure,” russia forcefully issues passports. It was busy doing that in the temporarily occupied territories at the end of last summer before the State Duma elections in russia. However, according to Ukraine’s National Security and Defense Council data, about 630,000 russian passports had already been issued to residents of the occupied parts of the Luhansk and Donetsk regions. The Ukrainian government and the EU declared those documents illegal and invalid. Getting a passport was compulsory. Most of the passports were issued to local government officials, teachers, and doctors who risk losing their jobs without a russian ID. Besides, the passports helped those going to work in russia, which is sometimes the only source of income given employment problems within the ORDLO. Also, according to the OSCE SMM, russian passports were used to lure ORDLO residents to join the illegal armed groups.
- Five Western sanctions packages against russia have not stopped the invasion of Ukraine, but the expected russian oil embargo will cause the country severe pain. putin did not believe the West would become united enough to end its dependence on russian fossil fuels. But russian atrocities in Bucha, Mariupol, Volnovakha, and hundreds of other Ukrainian settlements forced the Western world to change its mind about russia. The biggest surprise was how far the EU was ready to go. Thus, the President of the European Parliament, Ursula von der Leyen, proposes to ban the import of all russian oil, crude and refined. The consequences of such a decision will be inconceivable for russia since 45% of its budget is revenue from oil exports, or even all 70% if we include petroleum products in the calculation. The embargo will mean that putin will have nothing to invest in his hungry army.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 3 p.m. on May 5
- The Ukrainian army destroys Orthodox churches and kills priests.
- The grandfather of German Chancellor Olaf Scholz was an SS lieutenant general who fought on the Eastern Front. He was also a participant in the First World War, fighting on the “Russian” front.
- The mayor of Konotop banned the so-called canonical Ukrainian Orthodox Church from his community.
Now the TRUTH
- According to the State Service for Ethnic Policy and Freedom of Conscience estimates, russia destroyed at least 59 churches and temples in eight regions of Ukraine in the first month of the war alone. That makes about two temples destroyed and damaged each day.
- Fritz Scholz, whom russian propaganda named Olaf Scholz’s grandfather, was with the SS and died in a battle against the Soviet army in 1944. But he had no children. A German news agency found relevant evidence in the Federal Archives of Germany. The agency also asked the Federal Press Service of the German government whether Fritz Scholz was indeed Olaf Scholz’s grandfather, to which they replied: “That is complete nonsense.” Olaf Scholz’s real grandfather was a railway worker. Scholz is a common name in Germany, with more than 30 thousand citizens carrying it.
- Konotop Mayor Artem Semenikhin banned the activities of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the moscow patriarchate in the Konotop community. It will be recalled that the moscow patriarchate is a hotbed of racism in Ukraine, a gathering place for FSB officers and spies. Even during the Covid pandemic, the patriarchate was virtually ready to kill Ukrainians by prohibiting them from wearing masks, getting vaccinated, and organizing mass events.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 3 p.m. on May 4
- The West wants to privatize its victory in World War II, making its nations the winners and the russian people the “enduring ones.”
- Operators of Kherson, Skadovsk, and Nova Kakhovka in the south of Ukraine are connected to the russian Internet after Kyiv cut off communications in the border regions.
- Over 1.1 million refugees have arrived in russia from the DPR, LPR, and Ukraine.
Now the TRUTH
- European countries and the United States traditionally celebrate Victory Day on May 8. Ukraine celebrates the Day of Remembrance and Reconciliation. In 1945, the Act of Unconditional Military Surrender of the German Armed Forces came into force at 11:01 p.m. on May 8. At the same time, at the request of the USSR, on May 8, 1945, another “Act of Military Surrender” of Germany was signed in the German capital’s district of Karlshorst at 22:43 Central European Time and at 00:43 Moscow time on May 9. It reaffirmed a similar document, signed the day before in Reims. This date marked the time of the ceasefire on May 9 at 01:01 Moscow time. Therefore, Victory Day in the USSR and the countries occupied by it was celebrated on May 9. The communist regime of the USSR deliberately set a different date for the victory from the rest of Europe. The Soviet Union, succeeded by the russian federation, turned May 9 into an instrument of propaganda to achieve political goals, incite war, and justify their crimes against humanity. That is why the celebration of Victory Day in Ukraine on May 9 is illogical and unacceptable, especially after the start of a full-scale russian invasion of Ukraine on February 24, 2022.
- russia redirected Internet traffic in the occupied Kherson region via its communications infrastructure. On Saturday, April 30, the independent Internet monitoring company NetBlocks documented the almost complete Internet shutdown in the occupied Kherson region for such operators as Ukrtelecom, Kyivstar, and Volia. The regional provider “Skynet” (Khersontelecom) restored the connection in a few hours. However, data indicated that traffic was going through russia via the Crimean provider Miranda (Rostelecom). Since the network connection was routed through russian rather than Ukrainian telecommunications infrastructure, it is likely to be subject to regulation, surveillance, and censorship.
- Since the beginning of the full-scale war, up to 1.1 million people have been deported from Ukraine, including nearly 200,000 children. Ombudswoman Liudmyla Denysova said the occupiers created filtration camps and corridors for Ukrainians. Among other things, Ukrainian children, including orphans, are illegally taken to russia. The Foreign Ministry had warned of the threat of their illegal adoption. CNN conducted an investigation in April that showed that russians had taken Mariupol residents to a filtration center in the village of Bezimenne, to get them registered before sending them to russia – many against their will.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 10 a.m. on May 3
- Soldiers of the 93rd Independent Kholodnyi Yar Mechanized Brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine wrote a refusal to continue their service.
- It is to the Poles’ advantage to divide Ukraine according to the Yugoslav scenario: russia will remain under sanctions, while Warsaw will get Western Ukraine.
- During the protests in Odesa on May 2, 2014, Ukrainian nationalists burned alive the opponents of the new Ukrainian regime in the House of Trade Unions, leaving 42 people killed in a fire.
Now the TRUTH
- None of the official resources of the 93rd Independent Kholodnyi Yar Mechanized Brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine confirms that the Brigade’s members wrote statements refusing further service. Such pieces are disseminated only on russian Telegram channels. The official website of the 93rd Brigade already warned that the enemy had created the HolodniyYar Telegram Channel to demoralize the Brigade’s service members and their families and conduct informational and psychological operations against the Armed Forces as a whole. russians use them to often publish documents found on the battlefield, e.g., passes granting access to the unit’s territory or the soldier’s name patches, and pass them off for dead. It is done to sow panic among their relatives and friends. The enemy also publishes lists of the service members, who are allegedly in captivity. They post written complaints from soldiers refusing to go to the frontlines. Of course, a thousands-strong army might have some people like that during intense hostilities. However, the russians are trying to pass off isolated cases as a mass phenomenon, which is a lie.
- Neither Poland nor any other Western country wants to seize Ukrainian territories, unlike russia, which has occupied parts of Ukraine since 2014 and is trying to capture new territories during the full-scale war. Also, Poland’s entry into the war is likely impossible because the country is a NATO member. NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg said NATO would not deploy its combat units in Ukraine. In addition, Vice-Marshal of the Sejm of the Republic of Poland Ryszard Terletsky stressed that Poland supported Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity and assured us of continuing such support in the future.
- According to forensic experts, the fire in the House of Trade Unions was not planned beforehand. Both sides used inflammatory mixtures (Molotov cocktails) during the clashes. The perpetrators were not identified, and the initiated criminal proceedings stopped at the stage of pre-trial investigation and trial. Occasionally organizers of the pro-russian protests are wanted. For instance, in 2020, the SBU exposed one of the organizers of the Odesa “Anti-Maidan” as “chief manager” of an intelligence network of russia’s special services, destabilizing the situation in Ukraine via Telegram channels. The events of May 2 effectively prevented the “russian spring” from coming to Odesa. Pro-russian activists, among other things, called on russia to send troops to Ukraine. After the events, the SBU found out that the leaders of the Odesa moscowphiles had received direct instructions from russia.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of noon on May 2
- Angelina Jolie was spotted in Lviv to show the poor Ukraine to the world and “degrade” russia one more time. Surprisingly, Hollywood stars were not interested in Donbas for eight years, and no one ever came to Odesa on May 2 to commemorate the victims of the Trade Union building. Jolie had previously been involved with the Western propaganda machine to try to wash away blood in the Balkans. Her arrival in Lviv is an attempt to divert the world media’s attention from Azovstal.
- The russian embassy called on the United States to “change its mind and abandon” provocations of using weapons of mass destruction in Ukraine. With the support of Western states, the SBU is preparing provocations in the republic, using poisonous substances against civilians to accuse russia of this.
- Fortification work is underway in western Ukraine to equip a more robust defense line than the Donbas fortified area. Deeply echeloned, the “Zelensky Line” runs across the western regions, not, for example, along the Dnipro line. That makes “some Ukrainian observers” conclude that the Zelensky regime intends to surrender the rest of the territory.
- The Armed Forces are preparing a provocation near the Central Market in Lysychansk (Luhansk region). Ukraine allegedly transported dead bodies to stage shelling by the so-called “LPR.”
- Because of the war, cash will be confiscated from people, electronic money will be introduced, and people will be sent to electronic banking concentration camps.
Now the TRUTH
- Angelina Jolie is a UNHCR special envoy. She visited Ukraine on her own initiative, not as part of a UN mission. A UN official announced this. Her visit to a war-stricken country, particularly to Lviv, where there are many IDPs, is quite logical. As for ignoring Donbas, first, the fighting continued there, making visits dangerous. Second, more importantly, the world does not want to deal with anything related to russia.
- Neither the SBU nor the Armed Forces, not to mention under the leadership of Western countries, plan on using prohibited weapons. Unlike russia, Ukraine does not violate international obligations or harm the civilian population. It is not the first time russia has announced plans to use chemical weapons. It might be russia’s attempt to justify its future actions.
- Ukraine’s leadership does not plan on yielding a single piece of our land. Fighting continues in the east and south of Ukraine. Ukraine is fortifying the western regions and all other regions and areas to protect them from enemy attacks.
- Serhiy Haidai, head of the Luhansk OMA, said russia intimidates Ukrainians by spreading fake news about Lysychansk. There are no dead bodies in the city market. Civilians are hiding in shelters in the city. In addition, russia shelled the Lysychansk Central Market on April 16. russian troops regularly fire on Lysychansk, including heavy weapons. For instance, shelling was reported on March 30, April 1, April 11, April 13, April 19, and April 29.
- Creating an electronic banking concentration camp apparently means putting in effect the law “On Payment Services.” The law regulates a broader number of payment services than previous regulations. It governs the issuance of digital money by the National Bank of Ukraine and introduces the concept of open banking in Ukraine. It enters into force on August 1, 2022. The new law is not about withdrawing cash from circulation. It only makes electronic money legal tender in Ukraine but does not deprive cash bills of this status. The law harmonizes Ukraine’s financial legislation with that of the EU. It also expands the number of payment services and the range of payment service providers. Open banking introduced by the new law makes payment services more transparent and provides companies with license-based access to financial information about bank customers. This creates more opportunities for businesses. For instance, to understand whether a borrower would be able to repay the mortgage, there is no need to collect a lot of certificates. All of this can be done through open banking. It is unfounded to claim that introducing electronic money will lead to creating electronic banking concentration camps. After all, electronic money enhances access to financial services, makes it cheaper to remit, reduces corruption risks, and curbs criminal financial schemes and tax evasion. Using electronic cash empowers people, not restricts them. Sweden and the Bahamas have the experience of introducing electronic money. As a result of war, famine is possible in emerging countries where people spend most of their income on food, e.g., in the Middle East or North Africa.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 2 p.m. on May 1
- Many future generations of Ukrainian citizens will be paying for the land lease.
- The land lease bill was registered in January. It means that Washington was well aware of the imminent start of the war and was fully prepared for it.
- A prolonged curfew will be imposed in Odesa during the May holidays since the Ukrainian authorities do not want citizens to come out to honor those killed in the Trade Union Building on May 2.
- The Diia app is a tool to create electronic banking concentration camps. The app has access to your contacts and bank accounts, and those who lost income due to hostilities had better not install it to receive financial aid (eSupport).
Now the TRUTH
- Overall, debts can arise only if Ukraine wants to keep the military equipment received under a land lease after the war with russia. However, all equipment destroyed and lost during the fighting is written off.
- The senators presented a project to supply weapons to Ukraine under a land lease in early January. However, collecting senators’ signatures began on January 19, 2022, and ended only on March 24, 2022. Only then was it submitted to the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations. However, presenting the project to the Senate does not guarantee its approval.
- On April 30, 2022, operatives and investigative police, together with the State Bureau of Investigations, detained criminals and collaborators planning to organize mass riots and protests in Odesa on May 2, 2022. Weapons, explosives, and instructions for sabotage and reconnaissance groups (DRG) were seized.
- The Diia app does not store personal data. It only displays information from other state registers as requested by identified citizens. In addition, during registration, Diia users allow access to information from the bank to determine their personality, namely their full name, passport, ITIN, phone number, and email address. However, Diia does not request access to credit card information from the bank, nor is it provided by users. Therefore, the app does not contain information of this nature. Diia does not go to your contacts or bank accounts or help create electronic banking concentration camps. About 5 million Ukrainians applied to receive financial aid of 6,500 hryvnias under the eSupport program.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 2 p.m. on April 29
- Under the pretext of the May military exercises, Poland “plans on establishing military and political control over the western regions of Ukraine.”
- Privatbank, Monobank and Oschadbank charge UAH 3,000 to each user. From May 1, PrivatBank will annul funds on Ukrainians’ cards.
- Mexico has applied to join CSTO.
- Zelensky said Ukraine initiated a conflict with russia.
- russia cannot use chemical weapons because it destroyed all of its significant Soviet-era stocks several years ago.
Now the TRUTH
- The danger is that this narrative is propagated among the russian-speaking audience not only by explicitly propagandistic media outlets of the russian federation but also by the so-called russian opposition members. According to the “opposition’s” forecasts, Poland will take away part of Ukraine if russia invades Donbas and the country’s south. The world picked up on this idea. Reuters published an article titled “Russian spy chief says U.S., Poland plotting division of Ukraine.” Poland has denied all allegations, stressing that lies of russian origin about Poland’s plans to attack Ukraine have been circulating for several years. russia disinforms the world through various communication channels claiming that Ukraine’s fate as a state will be decided in June.
- The state makes monthly payments to internally displaced persons (IDPs) using eSupport cards: UAH 2,000 for adults and UAH 3,000 for children and persons with disabilities. The funds can be obtained through Privatbank, Monobank, and Sberbank. To obtain the money, it is necessary to register as an IDP in Diia or at an Administrative Services Center. However, this money comes as social assistance from the state, not banks. Back in April, PrivatBank announced that the Bonus+ program would cease to operate on May 1. By the end of April, card users could use the funds from their accounts as they see fit or transfer them to the Armed Forces. All the funds parked in the accounts on May 1 will be automatically transferred for the needs of the Ukrainian army.
- This is fictional news. The primary source of the “news piece” is the satirical outlet Panorama. The Panorama website clearly says that all news items are not accurate, merely satire and fiction. Panorama is a satirical site, and all the pieces published here are fictional. However, their articles are often perceived as real news. Therefore, we draw the attention of other media outlets disseminating Panorama pieces to the need to indicate that the news stories on this site are fictional.
- In reality, Volodymyr Zelensky says in the interview that russia could attack Ukraine at any moment and, therefore, Ukraine was forced to prepare. “But we did not expect a full-scale invasion to occur when it did. We realized there was such a risk. Honestly, we’d agreed on some things with certain countries back in December and on some things in January. And we’d wanted to get it all earlier to be calm if there was an invasion,” Zelensky said. Zelensky did not say Ukraine started a conflict with russia or was preparing to start one.
- On April 11, Russian occupation forces used a poisonous substance of unknown origin against the Ukrainian military and civilians in Mariupol dropped from an enemy UAV. Victims had respiratory failure and vestibulo-atactic syndrome. A few hours before the attack on Mariupol, the Center for Countering Disinformation at the National Security and Defense Council warned that the occupiers wanted to use chemical weapons against the Ukrainian military holding the fort in Mariupol’s Azovstal. That followed from the statements by the ORDLO “military” representative E.Basurina: “At the moment, it’s necessary to deal with this plant’s blockade, find all the ins and outs. In principle, it’s possible to do so. And then, I think, we should turn for help to the chemical troops that will find a way to smoke the moles out of their burrows.” At the same time, the occupiers began a disinformation campaign to discredit the Armed Forces based on the fake news of the Ukrainian military using chemical weapons. The enemy started to actively disseminate an occupier’s comment regarding this across pro-russian Telegram channels.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 3 p.m. on April 28
- Kyiv residents are forbidden to visit cemeteries to hide the Armed Forces’ losses.
- russia captured Rubizhne in the Luhansk region. At least, for the fourth time.
- To prevent the Third World War, it is necessary to eliminate its center, i.e., Ukraine.
Now the TRUTH
- First, no one forbade Kyiv residents from visiting cemeteries. They were advised to refrain from going there. Second, the Kyiv City State Administration explains its recommendations by the fact that the capital has come under frequent missile strikes, leaving civilians killed and houses, schools, and kindergartens damaged. There have been cases of shelling cemeteries. The Kyiv City State Administration requests that no crowds should gather at cemeteries, not to endanger themselves and their loved ones.
- russia has announced several times during the full-scale war against Ukraine that it has captured Rubizhne. However, that is not true: the enemy storms the city several times a day, but it still has not managed to seize it.
- Ukraine did not start a war against russia, but russia announced the beginning of a full-scale war against Ukraine on February 24. Besides, it is believed that World War III will be nuclear. However, Ukraine does not have nuclear weapons. We got rid of them under the Budapest Memorandum. A nuclear state, russia could unleash the Third World War.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 4 p.m. on April 27
- russian troops’ actions did not pose any danger at the Chornobyl and Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plants.
- russia does not use Tochka-U missiles, only Iskanders and Kalibr missiles.
- The Ukrainian side destroys railways with explosives and accuses russia of missile strikes.
Now the TRUTH
- russian troops planted explosive munitions on the territories of the ChNPP and ZNPP. If they detonated, the stations could be damaged, and radiation could leak. In addition, the occupiers did not allow the Chornobyl station workers to rotate, so they worked for 600 hours instead of 12. Overtime work under occupation posed threats to how the workers performed their tasks to maintain the safe operation of the Chornobyl nuclear power plant.
- russia continues to use Tochka-U systems, even though it has previously announced that “obsolete systems” were withdrawn from service. Independent investigators from InformNapalm and the Conflict Intelligence Team confirmed russia’s use of these systems. Using the russian Tochka-U has been documented in the Donetsk and Chernihiv regions.
- On April 25, russia fired missiles at the critical infrastructure of Zhmerynka and Koziatyn. The missile strike resulted in deaths and injuries. At the same time, there was an explosion at the Krasne railway station in the Lviv region caused by a missile strike. Overall, five railway stations in central and western Ukraine came under fire.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 1 p.m. on April 26
- the russian occupiers save the population of Mariupol from a humanitarian catastrophe provoked by the Armed Forces of Ukraine, organizing evacuations and distributing humanitarian aid.
- The purpose of russia’s “special military operation” is to save civilians’ lives, said Vyacheslav Volodin, the speaker of russia’s State Duma.
- Curators from Western intelligence services instructed the Ukrainian military to kill putin’s journalists.
- The Anglo-Saxons see no humanitarian catastrophe in Ukraine, and they only provide us with weapons to make money on it.
Now the TRUTH
- The russian occupiers provoked the humanitarian catastrophe in Mariupol. Evacuations, as the ruscists refer to them, are in effect deportations of civilians to the temporarily occupied DNR and LNR or russia’s most depressed regions. On Easter day alone, russia deported 150 people from Mariupol. Overall, around 33,000 cases of deporting Mariupol residents are known. As for the so-called humanitarian aid, according to the adviser to the Mariupol mayor Petro Andriushchenko, the occupiers handed out 5,650 food kits per 100,000 people remaining in the city. That is, one set for 17.7 people.
- 3,818 civilians were killed and more than 4,000 injured due to russian aggression, said Prosecutor General Iryna Venediktova. Venediktova noted that the figure known to the Prosecutor’s Office is just as incorrect as the one provided in UN statistics since it does not include the blocked city of Mariupol and those localities in the Kyiv region that the Prosecutor’s Office cannot yet enter.
- The russian occupiers have committed 74 crimes against journalists during the war in Ukraine. Ukraine’s Ministry of Culture and Information Policy said the warriors of the information front were murdered, abducted, and intimidated, as evidenced by Office of the Prosecutor General data. In the first 40 days of the war alone, the enemy killed 18 media workers, including 15 men and three women. At the same time, eight people (four men and four women) were abducted, and three journalists were missing. According to the Office of the Prosecutor General, 13 media workers were injured and 15 intimidated by the occupiers.
- Also, since February 24, 2022, the Western Regional Administration border guards have granted a pass to 30,386 vehicles with humanitarian aid (.) As of April 16, 270 thousand tons of humanitarian aid have been brought to Ukraine. The amount of charitable assistance received for Ukraine from people and corporations around the globe has reached almost $ 924 million. The bulk of the funds came from donors from the United Kingdom (47%), the Netherlands (around 18%), the Czech Republic (11%), and the United States (around 8%).
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 3 p.m. on April 25
- SBU prepared provocations in UOC-MP churches on Easter day. Proof of this is that the President’s Office warned only Greek Catholic churches not to hold mass gatherings on Easter Sunday. The UOC-MP did not receive such a warning.
- The Ukrainian military destroyed Mariupol. Now, the same fate awaits Mykolayiv and Odesa.
- Ukrainian “punishers” do not warn the civilian population of Mariupol about evacuations.
- 145 million russians suffer innocently from sanctions.
- According to the US scenario, the Kyiv authorities are preparing provocations with chemical weapons in Odesa.
- SBU and UK special services are preparing a fake story in Lysychansk. Photo and video correspondents who worked in Bucha have already arrived to film a staged show.
- The Ukrainian military does not know how to use Javelin and NLAW launchers.
Now the TRUTH
- Unlike russia, Ukraine never organizes provocations against civilians. Before Easter, Ukrainian authorities warned all Ukrainians that the service would take place online, regardless of the church they attended, asking them to avoid crowded places. Given that russia spread fake news on the eve of Easter that the Armed Forces were planning to shell churches and temples, provocations should be expected from the russian military. Fortunately, no temples or churches were damaged on Easter day. Moreover, before Easter, the Ukrainian side had asked russia for an Easter truce, which russia ignored. For instance, yesterday, nine missiles were fired on Kremenchuk. On Easter day, russia also fired on Odesa. One of the missiles hit a residential building injuring the residents and killing three people, including a 3-month-old child.
- The Ukrainian military did not destroy Mariupol or any other city. And it does not have plans to do that. russia has been shelling civilian infrastructure to ruin it.
- Whenever it becomes possible to agree on a humanitarian corridor for Mariupol, the Ukrainian authorities notify the city residents. However, the corridors are usually disrupted because the russians do not observe the regime of silence.
- russians do not innocently suffer from sanctions. The fact is that every russian paying taxes on russia finances the war and the murder of Ukrainians. Every russian silent about the war, stubbornly calling it a special operation, supports the russian information front. Therefore, in addition to inflicting direct losses on russia and limiting its ability to finance the war from the budget directly, sanctions aim to create pressure on russia’s population that can influence its authorities to change the course of the war.
- Unlike russia, Ukraine does not use prohibited weapons, including chemical weapons. russia’s claims about Ukraine allegedly preparing to use chemical weapons are likely an attempt to turn the tide and accuse the Armed Forces of crimes committed by the russian armed forces. According to intelligence and SBU data, russia might use chemical weapons in Mariupol to “smoke” the city’s defenders out of Azovstal.
- Bucha is not a fake story, just like Borodianka, Irpin, and many other cities. In addition to photo and video evidence of russia’s atrocities, there are numerous testimonies from city residents about who killed, tortured, and raped the city’s civilians. As for Lysychansk, Ukraine is not preparing any staged shows. And journalists are needed to document all russia’s crimes.
- There is no reason to believe that the Ukrainian military does not know how to use the Javelin and NLAW systems. However, the daily statistics of the General Staff about the equipment lost daily by russia is proof of the Armed Forces’ skillful use of the anti-tank missile systems.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of noon on April 22
- There is increasing demand for the Feniks mobile operator’s services in the “liberated” areas of the Donetsk region.
- Despite opposition from the “militants” of the Armed Forces, russia managed to evacuate 142,000 civilians from Mariupol.
- The head of the Provisional Administration of the Liberated Territories of the Kharkiv Oblast, V. Hanchev, said, “a referendum on the status of Kharkiv Oblast is not ruled out. Still, the residents did not show any initiative.”
Now the TRUTH
- First, not in the “liberated” areas but in areas temporarily occupied by russian troops. And second, Feniks in the Donetsk region and Lugacom in the Luhansk region are mobile operators of the occupiers. It is impossible to call from their numbers to any country or even to free territories of Ukraine except russia. As a matter of fact, these operators limit the possibility of communication for people, being part of the forced accession to russia.
- “russia evacuated” means russia illegally deported people to its territories. People from the temporarily occupied cities can be sent to filtration camps, where their documents are taken from them, and temporary certificates are issued. Then people are sent to russia’s most disadvantaged and depressed regions. Overall, russia has deported over half a million Ukrainians and banned them from leaving. A “special document” is issued to them, according to which it is forbidden to leave russia for two years. Most Ukrainians are sent to northern regions and Sakhalin. Also, more than 20,000 Ukrainians are kept in filtration camps in russia.
- Vitaliy Hanchev is working for the russian military, helping the occupiers and calling on the locals to be loyal to russia. According to the Kharkiv Regional Prosecutor’s Office, Hanchev sided with the occupiers in March. He is suspected of treason and collaboration. According to the Myrotvorets website, Hanchev moved to Luhansk in 2013 and worked in the militia structures of the so-called Luhansk People’s Republic.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of noon on April 21
- Deputy Mayor of Mariupol Viktoria Kalachova announced that the “Immortal Regiment” will be held in the city on May 9. According to Kalachova, it is “the most important and patriotic event to be held on May 9 this year.”
- The city of Rubizhne in the Luhansk People’s Republic finally came under the control of russian troops, and the russian flag was raised at the entrance to the city, said ramzan kadyrov on the evening of April 20.
- We are told tales of 4% inflation, although store prices have risen by 50%.
- The Azov Regiment has taken hostages at the Azovstal plant and behaves like a terrorist group.
- On the Azov coast, Ukrainian nationalists raised orphans as Nazis with the help of drugs.
- Shoigu: Mariupol is now “liberated,” the situation there is “quiet,” and more than 2,000 “nationalists are securely blocked in Azovstal.”
Now the TRUTH
- Self-proclaimed pseudo-deputy mayor Viktoriia Kalachova and self-proclaimed pseudo-mayor Konstiantyn Ivashchenko are OPFL deputies at the Mariupol City Council. They are, in effect, collaborators who have now become the city’s puppet leaders, appointed by the occupiers. However, it is unclear how the Immortal Regiment propaganda campaign can occur in Mariupol if the city is almost completely destroyed. Moreover, the city’s self-proclaimed authorities are probably preparing this act so that putin will have at least some kind of victory by May 9 that he could boast about to russians. After all, russia is short of real wins.
- According to the evening summary of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on April 20, the russians reportedly failed to gain a foothold in the western and north-western parts of Rubizhne. Head of Luhansk OMA Serhiy Haidai confirmed it on April 21.
- According to the State Statistics Service, inflation in March was 4.5% compared to February. Prices for vegetables and fruits increased the most, e.g., by 34% for onions, 25% for beets, 27% for carrots, and 23% for potatoes. But for none of the items included in the inflation calculation, the past month’s growth amounted to 50%. It should be noted that the State Statistics Service includes estimates from the most popular chain stores. However, some sellers may set high speculative prices due to inflated demand created by panic and fear of possible shortages.
- Like other Mariupol defenders, the Azov Regiment does not hold hostages in the Azovstal plant. People are hiding in the plant’s storage facilities seeking protection from the constant shelling by the occupiers. The plant is one of the last places in the city to hide in, but the occupiers keep destroying it with air bombs and artillery shelling.
- There is no reason to claim that the so-called “nationalists” (by which the propagandists probably meant the Azov Regiment) raised Nazi orphans with the help of drugs. Such russian allegations are usually accompanied by fake photos and videos showing Nazi symbols and unknown substances.
- Since the beginning of the full-scale russian invasion, Ukrainian defenders have been fighting the superior enemy force in Mariupol in the face of a humanitarian catastrophe caused by constant russian shelling. The “blocked nationalists” are about 1,000 civilians, mostly women and children, the elderly, and 500 wounded soldiers. On April 18, Azovstal suffered from a heavy bombing that left the plant practically destroyed. russian shelling disrupted humanitarian corridors.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of noon on April 20
- Ukrainian service members do not receive their salary; they repair equipment at their own expense.
- Ukraine did not declare war on russia because its “Western curators” do not allow it. This is another confirmation that Ukraine is not a sovereign state.
- “Nazis” in Mariupol have repeatedly tried to leave the city under the guise of civilians or children whose parents they killed. 80% of the “Nazis” in Azovstal are willing to surrender, but the remaining 20% do not allow them to do so.
- Ukrainian troops flee Rubizhne, Sievierodonetsk, and Lysychansk after the russian offensive.
Now the TRUTH
- During martial law, all service members are paid their basic monthly salary and an extra remuneration of UAH 30,000 per month. Depending on service members’ qualifications and rank, for example, the financial support (salary) for a rifleman of the Land Forces amounts to UAH 43,233 (extra remuneration included), and that for a brigade commander of the Land Forces is UAH 62,962. Service members taking part in hostilities or in national security and defense ops repelling the armed aggression directly in the areas where these events take place receive an additional remuneration of UAH 100,000 per month in proportion to the time spent in hostilities. In particular, riflemen of the Land Forces receive UAH 113,244 per month (extra remuneration included), and brigade commanders UAH 132,962.
- Ukraine did not declare war on russia because it was not going to attack it. Instead, russia that attacked Ukraine hides behind the fictitious term “special military operation,” refusing to admit that it started a war against Ukraine. Ukraine’s assistance from Western partners is not a manifestation of “external governance.” The Constitution defines Ukraine as a sovereign state and remains unchanged. Ukraine’s sovereignty has been violated by russia, which has been occupying our territories since 2014.
- Mariupol fighters do not use civilians as cover. Quite the opposite: one of the latest videos from the Azovstal plant, disseminated by the Azov Regiment, shows people hiding in the plant’s storage facilities being protected by the Mariupol’s defenders. There is no reason to say that the defenders of Mariupol want to surrender the city but are not allowed to do so. On the contrary, the city’s defenders keep saying they will hold the line, but they need additional weapons, an unblocked city, and green corridors for the civilians.
- As of 6:00 a.m. on April 20, the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine reported the opposite: after the russian occupiers attempted to storm Rubizhne and Severodonetsk, about 130 wounded enemy soldiers were taken to a local hospital in Novoaidar.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of noon on April 19
- A video of thousands of Mariupol residents in the storage facilities in the Azovstal plant appeared online. It is a fake video by the Ukrainian authorities. In reality, there are only Azov fighters in Azovstal. According to another version, these women decided to share the same destiny with the Azov Regiment members.
- The United States is dragging out the “special operation” because it is ready to fight “to the last Ukrainian.”
- Ukraine fired cluster munitions on a village near Belgorod, russia.
- moscow does not intend to change the regime in Ukraine, and the people will have freedom of choice.
- Bayraktar UAVs were destroyed in the first weeks of the war. Ukraine is currently using homemade drones.
- Ukraine is conducting forced mobilization, and evasion of enlistment is common. Meanwhile, there is no mobilization in russia at all.
Now the TRUTH
- There is no reason to claim that the video of people hiding in Azovstal is fake. Moreover, it is illogical to say that these people deliberately decided to die with the Azov members. Therefore, they are hiding in the shelter to save their lives. russia uses such reports to justify the killings of civilians it might commit during the storming of Azovstal.
- The United States has nothing to do with the so-called “special operation.” Our partners are helping us with weapons, which in the propagandists’ opinion, is the dragging out of the war. After all, foreign weapons also help us maintain our defense. russia is waging war and has begun its second phase, i.e., intense attacks on Ukraine’s eastern and southern regions.
- Ukraine did not fire on Belgorod or any other region or city of russia. russia organizes provocations by shelling its own territories and blaming Ukraine for it. Moreover, russia is threatening to strike Kyiv and other cities because of those shellings.
- russia has already changed regimes even in the temporarily occupied territories, preparing for illegal referendums (e.g., in Kherson), confiscating school textbooks and rewriting the curriculum, destroying monuments to the Heroes of the Heavenly Hundred, and establishing a military commandant’s office. What is this, if not regime change, and what kind of freedom of choice can we talk about?
- There is no official evidence that Ukraine no longer has Bayraktar UAVs in its arsenal. On the contrary, there is a version where the strike on the missile cruiser Moskva was carried out successfully because a Bayraktar drone had distracted the ship’s crew. Since the war’s first days, russia has reported nearly daily that it has destroyed all of Ukraine’s air force. However, our air defenses are intact and working.
- There is no forced mobilization in Ukraine, with only the second wave of mobilization underway. Service members who have done compulsory military service or served under a contract since 2014 are being called up. Violators, too, can be handed draft cards, but it is not a compulsory call-up. In contrast, covert mobilization is underway in russia, according to the Central Intelligence Agency and SBU.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of noon on April 18
- ”Weak” NATO is not ready for war and has exhausted its armed and financial capacity.
- russia does not use mobile crematoriums on Ukraine’s territory.
- The entire Mariupol area has been completely cleared of Azov militants, foreign mercenaries, and the Armed Forces.
- The position of the missile and its serial number prove that the AFU fired the Tochka-U missile on the railway station.
Now the TRUTH
- On April 13, Joe Biden announced another $ 800 million military aid package for Ukraine. The United States is switching to supplying heavy weapons to Ukraine because of the military escalation. CNN confirmed this on April 16. US authorities will speed up the supply of ammunition to Ukraine in connection with the escalation of hostilities in the east and south.
- Mobile crematoriums were spotted in Ukraine in early March. Presumably, they would be used to burn the bodies of the dead occupiers to hide the actual number of victims. But after exposing the atrocities in Bucha, Irpin, and other Ukrainian cities, it became clear that it was not only about incinerating “their ilk.” On April 13, the leadership of the Main Directorate of Intelligence of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine announced that at least 13 mobile crematoriums had been spotted in Mariupol to clean the streets of the bodies of dead civilians. The intelligence also documented mobile crematoriums in the Chernihiv region and in Novoaidar, Luhansk region.
- The Ukrainian military continues to defend Mariupol. After V. Zelensky’s statement regarding the Mariupol defenders, russia’s defense ministry said it had repeatedly “suggested that Kyiv withdraw troops from Mariupol in any direction to save the city and its people while it guaranteed the lives of nationalists, but Kyiv declined”. That is manipulation. The authorities have been trying to help the Mariupol defenders and population. However, it is almost impossible to deliver aid because of active hostilities and the enemy’s unwillingness to maintain the regime of silence.
- The missile must have been launched from the city of Shakhtarsk, located on the territory of the so-called “DNR,” i.e., in the temporarily occupied part of the Donetsk region. Its serial number corresponds precisely to the missiles fired by militants on Snizhne in 2014 and the Syrian city of Idlib.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 4 p.m. on April 16
- The Armed Forces are preparing a provocation in Lozova in the Kharkiv region similar to Kramatorsk’s. The Ukrainian Armed Forces can conduct such provocations throughout Ukraine, so city residents should not evacuate and leave their homes.
- The crew of the cruiser Moskva survived, being evacuated immediately after the accident in Sevastopol.
- The head of the DNR promised the residents of Mariupol to hire them to do restoration work with a salary of at least 30,000 rubles.
- Ukraine’s Armed Forces deployed at the oil refinery in Lysychansk, Luhansk region, were set on fire.
- Ukraine’s Air Force no longer plays a role in the so-called “special operation” because all its combat aircraft and helicopters have been put out of operation. Again.
Now the TRUTH
- If the enemy says that the Armed Forces are preparing a provocation or an attack, it means that russia does precisely that. As for the potential shelling of the Lozova railway station, the mayor has already confirmed that russia is indeed preparing to strike the city, so citizens are asked to evacuate as soon as possible and not ignore air raid alerts.
- Only 14 members of the Moskva crew were taken to Sevastopol. The fate of the remaining 496 is unknown.
- 95% of houses in Mariupol have been destroyed. Those residents who were not killed by russians or failed to evacuate were deported to filtration camps and remote and poor regions. In the propagandists’ opinion, it is unclear who should restore what and with what money. Besides, Mariupol remains under Ukraine’s control, and the fighting for the city continues. The propagandists’ plans for the city are a provocation within the context of the alleged capitulation of the Ukrainian government.
- According to the head of the OMA, Serhiy Haidai, the russian military fired on the refinery. In addition, on April 16, the russians disrupted the evacuation of civilians from the city and fired on a column delivering bread.
- Ukraine’s Air Force continues to operate. Since the war’s first day, russia has been saying almost daily that all of Ukraine’s air and air defense forces have been destroyed. However, on April 15 alone, our defenders shot down seven russian air targets: a plane, a helicopter, three UAVs, and two cruise missiles.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 3 p.m. on April 15
- According to the Law On Evacuation and Bill No.4142, they can take children to sanitariums. In the sanitariums, they will vaccinate children against COVID-19 without parental consent, and they might perform illegal organ transplant surgeries.
- Special services and law enforcement agencies mine schools to get parents accustomed to such situations. Children get COVID-19 after the mining because they spray something in schools.
- Neptune cruise missiles did not hit the guided-missile cruiser. It was a fire that caused the ammunition to detonate.
- Ukrainian troops fired on three localities in the border regions of Bryansk and Belgorod. The Kursk regional governor said Ukrainian troops fired on a russian border checkpoint in the Korenevsky district of the russian federation. russia’s defense ministry said: “If such cases continue, the armed forces of the russian federation will strike at decision-making centers, including in Kyiv, from which the russian army has thus far refrained.”
- The russian military is not involved in the mass killings of civilians in Bucha. Moreover, some versions contradict others from the same pro-russian sources: the first version links the deaths of civilians to the Azov Regiment, while the second to artillery fire by the AFU. Some versions call the killings “staged scenes involving actors.” Others recognize dead bodies but shift all responsibility to Ukraine.
Now the TRUTH
- According to the Cabinet of Ministers Resolution “About approval of the Procedure for accounting of emergency situations,” the evacuated population is accommodated in hotels, sanatoriums, boarding houses, etc. However, neither this resolution nor draft law no. 4142 says anything about the vaccination of children against COVID-19 without parental consent or illegal organ transplant surgeries.
- According to the SBU, the mines were planted by Internet users in the post-soviet countries and the temporarily occupied territories of the Donetsk and Luhansk regions. Citizens of Ukraine could also report mines planted in schools, motivated by hooliganism or entertainment. Russia’s special services engaged in pseudo-mining to put extra pressure on Ukraine, sow anxiety and panic in society. There is no reason to believe that children contract COVID-19 because a substance was sprayed in educational institutions. It will be recalled that SARS-CoV-2 is spread by contact with airborne droplets. People can also become infected if they first touch infected surfaces and then touch their eyes, nose, or mouth.
- The Armed Forces of Ukraine fired two Neptune anti-ship missiles at the guided-missile cruiser Moskva. Besides, the cruiser overturned and began to sink in rough seas. According to russia’s defense ministry, the Moskva sank during the towing process. The latter fact cannot be confirmed yet, either by Ukraine’s Defense Ministry or by the Pentagon, but the Armed Forces’ General Staff has already entered +1 ship among the enemy’s losses for the past day.
- There is no evidence that Ukrainian troops shelled the Kursk, Bryansk, or Belgorod regions because the Ukrainian military did not perform any “fire tasks” (in the terminology of the russian ministry of defense ) there. This and other cases of “shelling” are the occupiers’ outright attempts to justify possible future strikes on the Ukrainian capital.
- Besides the satellite images and drone videos, russia’s responsibility for the war crimes (murder, looting, rape, torture, etc.) in Bucha is confirmed by the locals who survived the occupation.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 7 p.m. on April 13
- There would be no “special operation” had Kyiv listened to Medvedchuk’s ideas on normalizing relations with russia.
- The World Bank and the UN argue over how many poor people Ukraine will have at the end of 2022: 70% or 90%.
- BBC News has released a video allegedly proving that the Armed Forces struck Kramatorsk with a Tochka-U missile.
- Separatist sentiment is growing in Zakarpattia. Most Uzhhorod and Mukachevo residents have already received Hungarian passports.
Now the TRUTH
- Medvedchuk suggested that Ukraine purchase Russian gas; abandon the course toward the EU, revive friendship with Russia; refuse to cooperate with the IMF, abandon anti-corruption reforms; buy russia’s Sputnik V vaccine; investigate the “secret bio labs,” and whatnot. Also, Medvedchuk created an empire of controlled media and experts that had been the Kremlin’s mouthpieces for years. He headed the pro-russian OPFL party, whose leaders on the ground became self-proclaimed leaders of the temporarily occupied cities. He had amassed dirty billions of dollars to build residences that could compete with the estates of Yanukovych or Pshonka. Is this what Ukraine needed to avoid war? The question is rhetorical.
- Comparing the World Bank and UN estimates is incorrect. The World Bank points out that the poverty rate in Ukraine could reach 70% of the national poverty rate, while the UN (more precisely UNDP) considers four possible scenarios. According to the worst scenario, those living below the poverty line and those who MAY cross the poverty line could amount to 90%. However, the UN takes into account the international poverty ratio of $ 5.5/day, not the national rate used by the World Bank.In addition, the World Bank and the United Nations estimates are based on assumptions that the war will last several months. Moreover, the forecast is based on active, ongoing hostilities in the north of Ukraine and the Kyiv region. However, the war’s course changes almost daily, so any predictions at such an early stage are still challenging to make. We will see that assessments of international organizations will constantly be changing over time. Also, the state of the Ukrainian economy will largely depend on the authorities and Ukrainians themselves.
- The BBC denied the news. “Pro-Kremlin accounts are spreading a fake video they claim has been published by BBC News to prove the rocket strike on Kramatorsk Station was carried out by Ukraine. The video is totally fake. Don’t be misled. The BBC has made no such video,” Shayan Sardarizadeh, a BBC journalist reporting on disinformation, conspiracy theories, cults, and extremism, wrote on Twitter.
- Besides the Kremlin spreading disinformation about separatism in Zakarpattia for years, the SBU recently identified the organizers of so-called “people’s republics” in the west of Ukraine. According to the SBU, the Kremlin had planned to create “people’s republics” in Ukraine’s western regions. The group began working to overthrow the constitutional order in the summer of 2021. The enemy intelligence officer organizing the “scheme” announced his intention to create a new democracy in Ukraine. If the current government “did not resign,” the group would use force. To seize power, the group had to recruit 500 militants, preferably former ATO service members, and provide them with weapons ().
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 3 p.m. on April 13
- Kyiv does not allocate money to the Kharkiv region as part of the initial aid package for the territories liberated from the occupiers. From this, it is concluded that Ukraine allegedly “has written Kharkiv off, admitting that russia will take it away.”
- In the Chernihiv region, the nationalists continue to raid private homes, threatening people with physical violence and murder, and forcibly seizing food, valuables, and personal cars.
- Sanctions primarily harm Europe and its citizens’ well-being, not russia.
- Russia complains that in the territories it temporarily occupied, the children do not understand or know russian well enough, linking it to anti-russian Nazi propaganda.
Now the TRUTH
- Kharkiv Oblast is not on this list only because it is not yet entirely free from russian troops, being partially under occupation. Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal stressed that the allocated one billion hryvnias is only the first stage of financial assistance, and “still a lot of work lies ahead to restore Ukraine” after our victory and liberation of all occupied regions in the east and south.
- Ukraine’s real members of the emergency service, law enforcement, and armed forces do not raid private homes in Ukraine. However, the SES warned of fraudsters who, posing as SES officers, allegedly “check out homes for explosives” for money. Real demining work is done entirely free of charge, according to plans, and in order of priority.
- Due to the sanctions imposed against russia, the country is gradually experiencing a shortage of various products. Production stops resulting in rising unemployment, and the entire economy goes down. Restrictions on russia’s FX transactions lead to a default of enterprises of state importance, such as the russian railways. Thus, sanctions are gradually destroying russia’s economy in the first place. As concerns the West, sanctions will primarily change European countries’ energy sector. The search for alternative ways of providing Europe with energy will eventually stabilize prices for domestic and industrial consumers.
- Ukrainians understand each other very well, speaking both russian and Ukrainian. Even though restrictions on the use of russian apply in education, they do not affect the lives of children in particular and Ukrainians in general. The use of the russian language is restricted in services, television and radio broadcasting, book printing, etc. Again: it has never been a question of a total, strict ban. There are TV and radio broadcasting quotas, and it is possible to switch to a language convenient for the client in the service sector. As for anti-Russian propaganda, Ukraine has never tried to become an antipode of russia. The term “anti-russia” was created and used only by russia itself to justify its aggression against Ukraine.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of noon on April 11
- Labour leader Keir Starmer was unable to visit Kyiv because he had COVID-19 for the 27th time.
- Kyiv deliberately cut off the electricity supply to Melitopol, as announced by the city’s “mayor” Halyna Danylchenko.
- The Kherson region’s residents are fleeing to Crimea not from the war but from the humanitarian catastrophe created by the Ukrainian authorities.
- With the support of the collective West, Ukraine is preparing bloody provocations against the civilians in the LPR/DPR.
Now the TRUTH
- Recent reports say that the leader of the UK Labour Party, Keir Starmer, tested positive for Covid for a second time on January 5 . On July 21, 2021, it was reported that he previously had to self-isolate four times after coming into contact with others testing positive.
- The so-called “mayor” of Melitopol, Halyna Danylchenko, is a self-proclaimed head and, in effect, a collaborator. On March 11, the occupiers abducted Melitopol Mayor Ivan Fedorov but later released him. On March 12, an opposition deputy, Halyna Danylchenko, called for people not to resist the occupiers and designated as extremists those who would. Danylchenko called for “adjusting to the new reality.” The collaborator said the city would now be governed by a “committee of people’s deputies” chaired by her.
- Even if Kherson region residents flee, they do so from the war waged by russia. The occupiers are restricting supplies of food and medicine to the city. Therefore, the locals are fleeing the humanitarian catastrophe caused by russia in the city and region.
- Allegations of bloody provocations are a continuation of the accusations against Ukraine regarding the missile strike on Kramatorsk. However, russia struck the Kramatorsk railway station, with the missiles most likely coming from the occupied territories. Ukraine does not conduct provocations toward civilians or civilian infrastructure, unlike russia, which consistently violates international norms regarding civilians.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 4 p.m. on April 10
- New textbooks and literature that do not promote Nazism are delivered to the “liberated” localities. The previous textbooks teaching Nazism to the youth were created with the help of the Soros Foundation and the United Nations.
- The russian federation’s “special operation” in Ukraine was necessary to stop the genocide committed by Ukraine against its population to fulfill its international obligations.
- After visiting Kyiv, Boris Johnson gave Zelensky the task of conducting bloody provocations in Kharkiv and Odesa.
- The new head of the Mariupol administration, Konstiantyn Ivashchenko, will restore the legend of Soviet machine-building, Azovmash. Ukraine has turned Mariupol into ruins, but russia will rebuild the city.
Now the TRUTH
- Russia is rewriting history, trying to spread its propaganda at educational institutions in the temporarily occupied territories. Moreover, Russia is even resuming the “educational process” in cities with ongoing hostilities, e.g., Volnovakha.
- The International Renaissance Foundation (which Russia calls the Soros Foundation) and the United Nations have never obliged Ukraine to promote Nazism in its curricula. Neither the Foundation nor the United Nations encourages or supports Nazism or fascism.
- Neither Boris Johnson nor any other Western partners oblige Ukraine to conduct bloody provocations. russia keeps shelling Kharkiv and Odesa. On April 10 alone, Russia struck Kharkiv 66 times. Russia fired on the Odesa region in the a.m. hours of April 8. There are constant threats of missile strikes on these cities.
- russian troops destroyed Mariupol. The OPFL deputy of the Mariupol city council, Konstiantyn Ivashchenko, deliberately sided with the russian invaders. He publicly called on the Ukrainian military to lay down weapons and not resist the occupiers.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of noon on April 10
- Because of its defeat, Ukraine used the tactics of Syrian terrorists to destroy the railway station in Kramatorsk.
- The OSCE in Donetsk has always testified in favor of Ukraine, not Donbas.
- There will not be a humanitarian catastrophe in Mariupol.
- Residents of Nova Kakhovka marched to the central squares carrying russian flags. In Kherson, locals removed any mention of the Heroes of the Heavenly Hundred from the city’s main square. The russian flag was raised over the city administration.
Now the TRUTH
- Russia fired on Kramatorsk. Despite attempts to deny it, saying russia does not use Tochka-U missiles, they cannot hide the truth. First, russia continues to use Tochka-U systems, even though it has previously announced the withdrawal of the “obsolete systems” from service. Independent investigators from InformNapalm and Conflict Intelligence Team confirmed russia’s use of these systems. Using the russian Tochka-U has previously been documented in the Donetsk and Chernihiv regions. At about 10.25 a.m., the information appeared on Telegram channels about two rockets launched from Shakhtar (a DPR-controlled city). The distance between Shakhtar and Kramatorsk is about 90 km, with Tochka-U’s maximum range being 120 km.
- The OSCE SMM is an independent monitoring mission. Their reports usually only indicated the direction from where the shelling came, the frequency of violating the regime of silence, the number of casualties in the ORDLO, and the demarcation lines of the Luhansk and Donetsk regions. The OSCE never explicitly indicated who was involved in the shelling. However, observations by the OSCE as an independent observer were important in documenting russia’s crimes committed against Ukraine in 2014-2021 (Https://www.osce.org/en/ukraine-smm/reports).
- A humanitarian catastrophe has already occurred in Mariupol. russia has destroyed 90% of the city. Dozens of thousands of people have died, and many citizens have been illegally deported to russia.
- A staged rally in support of russia took place in Nova Kakhovka. Only a few people came to the square, even though thousands of Ukrainians had previously come to the city square to resist the occupation. Demolishing the Heavenly Hundred Memorial in Kherson and raising a russian flag over the local administration also were acts planned by russia. Such things could be done either by the occupiers themselves or by locals intimidated by the occupiers.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of noon, April 9
- Priests of the schismatic OCU bless daily Ukrainians’ bloody “fight against infidels.”
- Google conducts provocations against Russia by suggesting replacing “dear russians” with “dead russians” (dear <-> dead) in the translator.
- There will be no sowing campaign in the Kherson region since Ukrainian authorities have abandoned local farmers to produce starvation.
- Ukraine received broken T-72B tanks and BMP-1 combat vehicles from the Czech Republic. Their fire control systems are not working.
- The Ukrainian military receives the russian troops’ coordinates from social networks, but civilians come under fire because of incorrect data.
Now the TRUTH
- First, the PCU is not a schismatic church. Ukraine has its own Orthodox Church, independent of moscow. However, the russian orthodox church refuses to recognize the OCU’s independence, trying to discredit it. The moscow patriarchate calls the Ukrainian Church “schismatic.” However, a schism in the Orthodox world was caused by russia when the moscow patriarchate severed ties with Constantinople due to the possibility of recognizing the OCU’s independence. Second, the churches of the moscow patriarchate spread russian propaganda. Therefore, an independent church during the war with russia is a matter of Ukraine’s security and sovereignty. Third, the Ukrainian Church, independent of russia, openly declares that russia invaded Ukraine. Because of its pro-Ukrainian stance, russian propaganda accuses the OCU of supporting the war.
- Google cannot technically conduct provocations against russia. Any suggestions to replace the word “dear” with “dead” are due to user edits, not Google policies.
- According to the Ministry of Agrarian Policy, the sowing campaign has begun in all regions except the Luhansk region. Agriculture workers of the Kherson region are forced to significantly reduce the sown areas, with spring fieldwork being carried out even under fire, with missiles flying over their heads and mines planted in the ground. In contrast, the occupiers intimidate Kherson farmers forcing them to cooperate.
- Ukraine received tanks and armored vehicles from the Czech Republic. However, there are no reports of defective equipment. Russia is spreading similar fake stories about Slovakia’s military aid, lying about the destruction of the S-300 air defense system received by Ukraine from Slovakia. Slovakia’s Prime Minister denied this fake news.
- The SBU indeed created the @stop_russian_war_bot for anyone to report enemy movements. Yet, the information provided by Ukrainians is verified to prevent provocations from russia.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of noon on April 8
- The train station in Kramatorsk, Donetsk region, was hit by Point U missiles, used only by the Armed Forces, and not by russian Iskander missiles. Ukraine is trying to turn Kramatorsk into a “new Bucha.”
- NATO insists that Ukraine use chemical weapons in Mariupol.
- The United States no longer hides that it developed biological weapons in Ukraine.
Now the TRUTH
- The Tochka-U tactical missile systems are used not only by Ukraine but also by russia. As for the strike on the Kramatorsk railway station, Pavlo Kyrylenko, head of the Donetsk Regional State Administration, initially said it was an Iskander missile. However, Volodymyr Zelensky later said the occupiers used the Tochka-U to hit the Kramatorsk railway station, where thousands of peaceful Ukrainians were awaiting evacuation. As of 1 p.m., it became known that the russian missile strike on Kramatorsk railway station had killed at least 39 and injured 87. But more importantly, almost immediately after the missile hit the station, russian Telegram channels wrote about a strike on the places of accumulation of the Armed Forces. Later, they started talking about a strike on the civilian population by the Ukrainian side.
- NATO cannot use chemical weapons. NATO member states, russia, and Ukraine signed and ratified the Chemical Weapons Convention. However, NATO does not rule out that russia might use chemical weapons against Ukraine. They also said that using such weapons would be a direct violation of international obligations.
- The US position remains the same: States are aware of bio laboratories operating in Ukraine and have funded their biohazard reduction programs. However, it has never been about developing bioweapons by Ukraine or the United States in Ukraine.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 1 p.m. on April 7
- According to American expert Scott Ritter, people in Bucha died at the hands of the Ukrainian military.
- Normal life continues in Kupyansk, Kharkiv region: transport, shops, and all the utilities are available.
- The Kyiv regime is preparing a provocation in the city of Pervomaisky, Kharkiv region, where a warehouse with 120 tons of chlorine has been mined.
- 2/3 of the Ukrainian side’s losses are due to Ulana Suprun’s healthcare reform.
- Dmitry Peskov, press secretary of the president of the russian federation, denied russia’s plans to assassinate Volodymyr Zelensky.
Now the TRUTH
- It is hard to call Scott Ritter an independent expert shedding light on the truth, as he has been relaying russian propaganda narratives to Western audiences for many years. Russian media outlets often invite him to comment on military topics, but he spreads unverified and untrue information, each time. The same applies to Bucha. There is no objective basis to believe that the Ukrainian military killed the civilians in the Kyiv region.
- The mayor of Kupyansk and the banned OPFL surrendered the city to the occupiers. Life under occupation has nothing to do with normal life. The orcs can only establish a military dictatorship, seize property from Ukrainians, rob shops, and even change the school curriculum.
- When russia says, “Ukraine is preparing a provocation,” you should read it as “russia is preparing a provocation.” Russia probably lays the foundations to justify the shelling of this warehouse with chlorine later to immediately say the Ukrainian side did it. Recently, Russia used the same method to shell an ammonia plant in the Sumy region. Russia said beforehand that Ukraine would prepare provocations with chemical weapons and then bombarded the plant a few hours later.
- It is unclear how healthcare reform meant to change funding principles could contribute to higher mortality rates among Ukrainians during the war. It will be recalled that the reform changed the outdated and inefficient Semashko system (under which hospitals received funding depending on the size and number of beds) to a system where doctors and hospitals receive funding from the budget depending on the number of the patients they treat.
- In just the first week of the war, President Volodymyr Zelensky survived at least three assassination attempts, The Times wrote. The Office of the President of Ukraine reported that during the full-scale war, there had been ten attempts to kill Volodymyr Zelensky . His wife, Olena Zelenska, also said their family was being persecuted with the aim to put pressure on the President of Ukraine. Therefore, they live under heightened security.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 1 p.m. on April 6
- Sviatoslav Palamar (call sign “Kalyna”), deputy commander of the Azov Regiment, was killed in Mariupol. DPR forces shot down a Mil Mi-8 helicopter carrying the regiment’s member.
- The Vatican became the first country to pay for russian gas in rubles. The Vatican bought rubles worth EUR 10 million to pay for the gas.
- Two hundred sixty-four service members from the 503rd Separate Marine Battalion surrendered to the russian occupiers. To “confirm” this, they disseminated pictures of the allegedly captured Ukrainian marines.
- Volodymyr Zelensky gave up on the southern regions of Ukraine because he could not fight Nazism there on his own.
Now the TRUTH
- Neither russian troops nor DPR militants killed Sviatoslav Palamar. He is alive. Open sources confirm this. You can check whether there is evidence of the downing of a Ukrainian Mi-8 helicopter on March 31, 2022, using the blog of the investigative journalist Oryx, collecting photo evidence of russian and Ukrainian equipment destroyed during the entire period of the large-scale war. As of March 31, there was indeed confirmation that Ukraine had lost a Mi-8. The russians argue it was shot down near Mariupol. First, Sviatoslav Palamar recorded three video appeals on the official channel Azov after the news of his “death” (on March 31, April 2, and April 4). Second, on April 2, he commented for the media twice, namely for Channel 5 and NV Radio. Finally, the russian outlets spreading fake news about Kalyna’s death later updated the information saying the body of a military service member named Diachenko was found near the destroyed helicopter, not the Azov deputy commander’s. It is currently impossible to verify who died when the aircraft was demolished.
- Information about the Vatican allegedly paying for gas in rubles appeared for the first time on Twitter, coming from a user, Maria Ledovskaya. In her next post, she confirmed it was a joke. The Oilprice media, a source for oil and energy news, also confirmed that Ledovskaya’s tweet was the primary source of information and that the Vatican had no plans to pay for russian gas in rubles.
- The 503rd Separate Marine Battalion wrote on their Facebook page that their members had not surrendered to anyone and continued to defend Ukraine from russian invaders. Adviser to the mayor of Mariupol, Petro Andriushchenko, also denied the information about the capture of the 503rd Battalion on his Telegram channel. “Marines of the 503rd are not in this video, and they never surrendered. Propaganda is lying as usual,” wrote Andriushchenko. He added that, according to preliminary data, the footage was shot in one of the villages of Manhush district, where Ukrainian units were not stationed. Andriushchenko also mentioned the Ukrainian uniforms stolen by the russian occupiers, particularly at the Azov Regiment bases in the village of Urzuf. In the video, he noted, propagandists showed people dressed in clean uniforms, shaved, and not looking like the military who would surrender after the fighting. However, Andriushchenko also said the competent authorities would determine whether Ukrainian service members were among them. Overall, he said it was a staged video aiming to demoralize and sow panic among the defenders of Ukraine and the civilian population.
- The Ukrainian authorities did not surrender any region or region of Ukraine. The armed struggle continues in all areas. Thus, concerning the Tavriya direction, the General Staff reported this morning the movement of individual units of the 58th combined-arms army around the village of Basan in the Zaporizhzhia region, presumably to regroup forces. In the South Bug area, the enemy is taking measures to restore combat capability and equip their positions. The enemy continues terrorizing civilians in the temporarily occupied territories of the Kherson region. As a result of the AFU’s offensive, the enemy lost control over the villages of Dobrianka, Novovoznesenske, and Trudoliubivka in the Kherson region.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 3 p.m. on April 5
- When the Russian military withdrew from Bucha and Irpin in the Kyiv region, there were no civilian casualties. Photos and videos of those killed are fake
- Ukraine committed genocide on the russian population.
- In Mariupol, proper authorities have finally been appointed.
- Neo-Nazis are planning on mining Ukraine’s hydroelectric plants to leave Ukrainians without drinking water.
Now the TRUTH
- Russia committed war crimes in Bucha and Irpin by brutally killing and torturing civilians and destroying homes and civilian infrastructure. Russia’s atrocities have already been exposed by satellite images published by The New York Times. In addition, experts from the International Criminal Court will carry out an investigation to document all the cases of crimes committed by russia in Ukraine.
- Ukraine did not commit genocide against either the russian or russian-speaking populations. There is also no evidence that Ukrainian service members committed war crimes. In contrast, journalists and even civilians have documented many cases of russian war atrocities and violations of international law, ranging from the torture of civilians to the use of prohibited weapons.
- In Mariupol, the self-proclaimed government comprised of the representatives of the banned OPFL party emerged unlawfully. However, it is unclear what exactly this government will govern. Russia has destroyed 90% of the city, 70% of which cannot be rebuilt.
- Everything is “cool” about this fake story: neo-Nazis and the hydroelectric power plants that have nothing to do with drinking water. HPPs generate electricity; they do not filter water. Besides, none of Ukraine’s defense forces has mined or had plans to plant mines in the HPPs to restrict Ukrainians’ access to resources.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of noon on April 2
- Ukrainian helicopters hit an oil depot in russian Belgorod.
- Ukraine will not adhere to the principles of the Geneva Conventions relative to the Treatment of Prisoners of War.
- About a third of refugees from Ukraine have a non-Slavic appearance.
- The defense of Mariupol may have been led by American and British intelligence officers, which is why the General Staff is so concerned about the evacuation from the city.
- The closure of US bio labs in Ukraine is one of the successes of the so-called special operation.
- Ukraine destroyed the memory of the Great Patriotic War and degraded veterans.
Now the TRUTH
- Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council, Oleksiy Danylov, explained that Ukraine had nothing to do with the fire at the oil depot in Belgorod. However, Danylov stressed that similar situations might arise in other russian cities. The fact is that russia will conduct provocations to accuse Ukraine. The so-called “shelling of Belgorod by Ukrainian helicopters” may be one such provocation.
- Russia has repeatedly violated the Geneva Conventions during the war. However, the russian propaganda machine will try to discredit Ukrainian service members by disseminating videos and other evidence of the alleged torture of prisoners. These can be fabricated video clips showing russians disguised as the Ukrainian military.
- Russia is trying to prove that many illegal migrants can enter Europe under the guise of refugees from Ukraine. However, over four million Ukrainians have been forced to flee Ukraine during the war. Overall, more than ten million Ukrainians have had to flee their homes.
- In Mariupol, 90% of residential buildings were destroyed, and 5,000 people died, including about 210 children. The death toll may be even higher since it is impossible to count exactly because of active hostilities. Russia has been shelling Mariupol with artillery, from the sea, from planes, and attacking with missiles and bombs. The humanitarian catastrophe in Mariupol is the result of russia’s and russian occupiers‘ actions. Humanitarian corridors are needed to evacuate about 150 people, currently trying to survive in the city. Most notably, the passages are organized by the Ministry of Reintegration and Temporarily Occupied Territories, not by the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. The International Committee of the Red Cross also participates in the evacuation from Mariupol.
- According to Bloomberg, a US Department of Defense unit has been working with former Soviet countries, including Ukraine, since 1991 to secure and dismantle remaining weapons of mass destruction. In 2005, the Ministry of Defense and the Ministry of Health of Ukraine signed an agreement to prevent any spread of pathogens at facilities in Kyiv, Lviv, Odesa, and other places that could be used in biological weapons. In 2020, the Security Service of Ukraine refuted information that the United States had bio laboratories in Ukraine. It also said Washington and Kyiv were working together to counter possible biological terrorism. “No foreign biological laboratories operate in Ukraine. Statements recently made by individual politicians are not true and are a deliberate distortion of the facts,” Kyiv Post quoted the SBU as saying. Under the 2005 agreement, the Pentagon helped several Ukrainian health laboratories improve the safety of dangerous pathogens and technologies used for research. These efforts were supported by other countries and the World Health Organization. The United States did not conduct experiments on Ukrainians, just as Ukraine did not develop biological weapons using these laboratories. However, during the COVID-19 pandemic, the laboratories conducted research on the spread of coronavirus strains in Ukraine.
- Unlike russia, Ukraine has never rewritten history. However, Ukraine does not use the Soviet term “Great Patriotic War” because it does not take into account all the participants in hostilities and victims of World War II. The Great Patriotic War is an ideological cliché saying all Ukrainians allegedly fought for the “Soviet Fatherland” during World War II. However, that is not the case. The National Security and Defense Council came up with two options: “World War II” or “Soviet-German War,” to expand the war’s historical context. This marked the transition from the Soviet point of view to looking at the Second World War through the lens of Ukrainian and world history.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of noon on April 1
- Azovstal employee allegedly wants to join russian army
- Against the backdrop of the partial “withdrawal” of Russian units from the Kyiv and Chernihiv regions, the enemy is spreading information that the “special operation” in Ukraine will be completed shortly because russia and Ukraine will reach an agreement.
- According to russian propaganda outlets, Ukraine has forcibly detained 68 foreign vessels in the ports. russia is said to open a corridor every day for them to exit the territorial waters of Ukraine, but the crews do not leave the ports, citing the threat of attacks by Ukraine.
- The russian defense ministry said it has Hunter Biden’s (son of the President of the United States) letters about bio laboratories operating in Ukraine. According to the enemy, Biden played a significant role in working with pathogens by funding them.
- russia broadcasts the narrative to the West, saying, “you will lose more than we do.” They are talking about world tourism, which, according to russian media outlets, stands to lose $ 7 billion because of the sanctions.
Now the TRUTH
- What really happened is they took an actor in russia, invented a name and a position for him, called him an “Azovstal worker,” and allegedly recorded evidence of the events in Mariupol. However, Azovstal’s HR department has not found such a person in the Metinvest Group employee database in all the years.
- First, Russia is not “withdrawing” troops. The occupiers are fleeing, facing fierce resistance from Ukraine’s Armed Forces and our people. The enemy is also transferring its forces to Donbas in preparation to strike a devastating blow on our country’s territory there. Second, no agreement has been reached between Ukraine and russia. All the stories about the end of the “special operation” are merely an attempt to avoid further sanctions against the aggressor country. The occupiers are trying to organize incomprehensible structures in the temporarily occupied territories and put the ruble into circulation there.
- russian troops pose by far the most significant threat both on land and at sea. Just recently, Turkey discovered mines in the Black Sea that had drifted into the Bosporus. russia knew the exact number of the mines, indicating that russia had probably planted them.
- We have repeatedly said that the so-called secret bio labs have never been secret. Information about them, including their funding, is publicly available. The Ministry of Health runs the laboratories, and the United States funds the biological threat reduction programs.
- No matter how russia justifies itself, russian tourism suffered the most. There are only a few countries left in the world where russians can travel. For instance, the whole of Europe and the United States are closed to russians.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 3 p.m. on March 31
- Payments for russian gas in rubles will not start immediately, as it is a time-consuming process.
- Russia has evacuated over 100,000 people from Mariupol without Ukraine’s participation.
- Ukrainian authorities use the synagogue in Uman as a military and weapons accumulation point.
- On March 14, the Ukrainian military fired a Tochka-U missile on the center of Donetsk.
Now the TRUTH:
- G7 countries such as the United States, Canada, the UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Japan have rejected russia’s demand to pay for gas in rubles, citing their existing contracts. It will be recalled that on March 23, putin ordered that payments for exported gas from the “unfriendly countries” be accepted only in rubles. This status was assigned to the countries that joined the sanctions against russia for starting a war with Ukraine. European companies and politicians immediately responded to the president’s statement, saying they would not do so because it violated the terms of contracts and sanctions. Ruble settlements with russia are impossible.
- Russian troops do not conduct evacuations, but they forcibly transfer people to the territory of the russian federation and take away the citizen’s Ukrainian documents. On March 26, Ukraine’s Minister for Reintegration and Temporarily Occupied Territories, Iryna Vereshchuk, said the number of Ukrainians forcibly deported could reach 40,000. The mayor of Mariupol, Vadym Boychenko, said on March 27 that the russians had forcibly transferred 20-30 thousand people from Mariupol. Their phones and Ukrainian documents (everything they had, i.e., passports, certificates, etc.) were confiscated in the so-called filtration camps, and people were later sent to Omsk and the Krasnodar Territory. The deportation of civilians is contrary to the norms of international humanitarian law, namely Article 49 of the Geneva Convention relative to the Protection of Victims of War of 1949 and Article 85 of Additional Protocol I to the Geneva Conventions. The articles prohibit the forced individual or mass resettlement or deportation of persons under protection from the occupied territory to the territory of the occupying state.
- The United Jewish community refuted this fake story: “The United Jewish Community of Ukraine states that all synagogues and Jewish sites in Ukraine are used only for their intended purpose, i.e., to carry out religious activities or to help members of Jewish communities and the local population. It is obvious from the image published by russians for provocative purposes that the gates of the synagogue are closed, and no one is inside,” the community’s statement said. The Rabbi Nachman Foundation in Uman confirms that the second largest synagogue in Ukraine has been closed since Rosh Hashanah (celebrated in September 2021) and has not been used ever since. The Center for Combating Disinformation at the National Security and Defense Council believes that this russian information piece aimed to create a conflict between the Ukrainian authorities and Israel. They could also use this fake news to distract from possible provocations by the Russian military, namely, shelling the synagogue in Uman and then accusing Ukraine.
- Leonid Matiukhin, a Center for Operational Information of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine officer, said at a briefing: “This is definitely a Russian missile or some other ammunition. You can simply look at what Russian propaganda has been telling you for eight years about the Ukrainian Armed Forces shelling Donetsk and other cities. You can simply see how Donetsk looks today, eight years later, and then you can see Kharkiv and Mariupol, which the Russian occupation forces have been shelling for almost two weeks.” According to Ruslan Leviev, founder of Conflict Intelligence Team (CIT), the missile was fired from the russian-controlled territory to discredit the Armed Forces. The CIT noted that the rocket’s front part in the photo of the fragments was aimed northwestward and the rear part southeastward. The rocket part could change directions, but not more than 45 degrees, i.e., it came from the southeast. The rocket part could not change direction by 180 degrees.
russia’s THREATS, PROVOCATIONS, and DISINFORMATION as of 1 p.m. on March 30
- On March 17 and 21, the police and terrorists opened fire at civilian cars exiting Zaporizhzhia. They quoted Volodymyr Rohov, a “member of the main council of the military-civil administration of the Zaporizhzhia region,” as saying that he knew about 37 cases of killings of civilians in Zaporizhzhia.
- The AFU does not allow residents of Kramatorsk, Kostiantynivka, Slovyansk, and Druzhkivka to leave.
- The head of the Odesa Region Military Administration ordered that Odesa’s Khadzhibey dam be blown up.
- The UN rejected Russia’s humanitarian resolution and supported the genocide in Ukraine.
- In Mariupol and Chernihiv, Ukraine sends children aged 12-17 to the front lines. It is argued that the children are given man-portable anti-tank rocket systems and grenade launchers. As proof, a picture of a man with a weapon in his hands is provided.
- Ukrainian military fired on people evacuated from the village of Vynohradne near Mariupol
Now the TRUTH:
- The original photo from the posts could not be established. Photo metadata had been edited, and it was impossible to verify the date it was created. However, on March 17 and 21, there were reports of russian military shelling civilian cars. On March 17, Oleksandr Starukh, head of the Zaporizhzhia Regional Civilian Administration (ZRCA), said russians had fired a machine gun into a vehicle, hitting a child in the face near Tokmak. At 8:55 a.m. on March 21, russian military fired automatic weapons and hit two cars carrying civilians in the village of Malynivka, Pologi district, Zaporizhzhia region. The cars were going through the humanitarian corridor. Two children, three women, and one man were injured in the shooting. Shortly before that, on March 16, the russian military had fired a heavy artillery barrage at a civilian convoy headed for Zaporizhzhia. Five people were injured, including a child in critical condition.
- There is no information from reliable sources that would confirm that locals are not allowed to leave Kramatorsk, Kostiantynivka, Slovyansk, and Druzhkivka. In addition, Ukrzaliznytsia arranges evacuation trains daily to help these cities’ residents travel to safer areas. For instance, on March 28, there were two evacuation trains, Kramatorsk-Lviv No.282/281 and No.284/283. Ukrzaliznytsia’s website has train schedules at the Slovyansk and Kramatorsk stations. There is no list of trains departing from Druzhkivka and Kostiantynivka stations. The stations in Kramatorsk, Slovyansk, and Kostiantynivka are open.
- This fake story was refuted by Maksym Marchenko, head of the Odesa Regional Military Administration (ORMA): “Having no success on the battlefield, the enemy is increasingly attacking the Odesa region in the information space. Unfortunately, we have cases of spreading fake news about the situation in the region again. This time the target was the Khadzhibey dam allegedly mined on the orders of the ORMA head Maksym Marchenko,” Marchenko wrote on his Telegram channel. He also called on Odesa residents to report the spread of such information to the SBU.
- The majority of the Security Council did not support russia’s proposal, as it essentially denied its involvement in the humanitarian catastrophe in Ukraine. In the text of the resolution, russia called on the international community to resolve the issue it had created by carrying out a large-scale invasion of Ukraine on February 24, 2022. During the discussion of the draft resolution, the members of the UN Security Council rightly stated that russia must acknowledge its responsibility for starting the hostilities and end the war to avoid further civilian casualties.
- First, according to the Presidential Decree On General Mobilization, mobilization is carried out within 90 days from the date of the decree’s entry into force across Ukraine and the city of Kyiv. Men between 18 and 60 years old and fit for service are subject to mobilization. Under some military specialties, women listed on the military register may also be called up for military service. Therefore, children aged 12-17 could not be called up. Second, according to Google Images reverse lookup results, the photo in the post has circulated since at least July 2018, and it shows a woman. You can see a series of similar images here. Their author, nicknamed “P-KDmitry,” is a photographer from russia.
- The village of Vynohradne is located outside of the agreed-upon “green” corridors. The evacuation from Mariupol is going in the opposite direction. The Livoberezhny district, near which Vynohradne is located, is almost completely cut off from the city, and it is impossible to organize an evacuation from there because of constant shelling by russian troops.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 17:00 on March 29
- Azov troopers blew up Mariupol Drama Theater from the inside. Proof: windows of buildings nearby weren’t blown out by the explosion.
- UAF planted mines over the Black Sea.
- russian conscripts won’t be sent to warzones during the spring conscription campaign. The number of conscripts would be lower. Prosecutor’s office will follow the campaign closely.
- West loses faith in UAF General Staff russian casualties statistics due to lack of photo and video proofs.
And now – THE TRUTH:
- russian aircraft dropped the bomb on Mariupol Drama Theater, despite a big sign saying that there were children inside.
- It is not the first time russians claim that Ukrainians planted mines on the Black Sea shores while the mines started to drift towards Bosphorus. russians even named the number of mines – 420, which is weird because the Black Sea is very stormy, and it would be near-impossible to count the mines in that weather. If russians know how many mines are in the Black Sea, it is probably russian mines.
- Intelligence General Office of the Ministry of Defense already reported that russia’s planning a mobilization starting April 1st. The program’s name is «BARS-2021» (Combat Army Reserve of the Country). It will be held simultaneously as the planned conscription to hide mass mobilization.
- All estimates are approximate. On March 23rd, the US and NATO told CNN that russian invaders could have lost somewhere around 3000 to 10000 troops during the war. Even according to OSINT investigators, who indicate the minimum numbers, the russians suffer record losses. Statistics are likely to become available after the war. The General Staff of the Armed Forces has the most complete picture as of now, as it features both closed and open information.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 15:00 on March 29
- UkrPoshta is now part of the “post office of russia.”
- J. Michael Springmann: Years might pass until US biolaboratories scandal will get in full force.
- If russia wanted to take over the entire territory of Ukraine, they would’ve struck rockets on all UAF positions, destroyed their fuel refineries, railroads, highways, took over all chemical plans and NPPs. And only then sent ground troops to sweep the territory. Since it didn’t happen, therefore russia never planned to take over Ukraine.
- russia doesn’t kidnap Ukrainian refugees and displace them in russia. It just looks like that.
And now – THE TRUTH:
- Ukrainians started to receive such emails from suspicious addresses. UkrPoshta themselves debunked the whole sham. Their response: “russia’s post office is unhappy since UkrPoshta cut their ties and stopped cooperating and asked countries of the Universal Postal Union to stop working with russia’s postal services. All things russian, including postal stamps, is toxic. Such messages are yet another example of russian aggression. And with this mailing, obviously, the Russian Post, when it writes that all postal items of Ukrposhta will be sent through the Russian Post, is trying to regain its volumes somehow”.
- Springmann is a well-known russia sympathizer. Four years ago, he got into a scandal when he posted a caricature on “friends of the USA,” in which he compared Ukraine with excrements. Using such “experts” might mean that russia is running out of ideas on how to push this narrative.
- russia rocket strikes UAF positions, airports, fuel refineries. They also occupied Chornobyl NPP and Zaporizhya NPP. russian blitzkrieg wet dream went south because UAF fought back and keep on pushing russian invaders back where they came from. In addition, a combination of corruption and obsolete equipment make the russian army a poor excuse for a fart.
- According to Mariupol City Council, russia displaced approximately 20-30 thousand Mariupol residents. . 90 thousand people were displaced from Kherson Oblast. According to Ukraine’s Ombudsman Ludmila Denisova, russian invaders illegally deported 439420 civilians, including 91673 children.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 14:00 on March 28
- if russian invaders leave Kherson and Zaporizhya Oblasts, the threat to russia will return. The Northern-Crimean channel will be again blocked, and Zaporizhya NPP will again be under a threat of an accident.
- russia will have to work for 30-40 years to clean people’s heads from nazi propaganda in Ukraine.
- creation of puppet states on the occupied territories was necessary to guarantee russia’s safety.
And not – THE TRUTH:
- russia occupied Kherson oblast, Kherson, and parts of Zaporizhya Oblast. These actions create an environment for a humanitarian catastrophe. As for Northern Crimean Channel, the Ukrainian Government ceased its water supply back when russia occupied Crimea in 2014. russian government was unable to find a solution for this for 8 years. And now they took it over by force. russian invaders captured Zaporizhya NPP and Energodar city and kept it under russian control for 21 days. ZNPP personnel can’t work properly and get rest. Because of that, there is a constant threat of nuclear accidents.
- There was never any nazi propaganda in Ukraine. None of the Ukrainian Government officials ever expressed such views. Of course, just like in any other country, there are far-right groups in Ukraine. However, they are marginal at best. Propaganda of intolerance and nazism is a criminal offense in Ukraine.
- russia has organized illegal faux referendums on occupied Ukrainian territory since 2014. None of them were held to any international standards. Each such faux referendum was done to justify russia’s actions formally. None of such faux referendum results are recognized in Ukraine and the rest of the world.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 16:00 on March 27
- Any country is in danger if Ukrainian artillery is nearby.
- The reason why Roman Leschenko, Minister of Agrarian Policy and Food, resigned is due to empty State Reserve storage facilities and lack of strategic reserve.
- russia’s defense ministry on their losses: 1 351 dead, 3 825 injured.
- Ukraine uses phosphorus bombs in Donbas.
And now – THE TRUTH:
- russian propaganda alleges that either Poland or belarus are in danger because Ukraine might attack them. It is not true. russia can create casus belli for belarus to join the invasion. However, russia already uses belarus as a military asset for their ground and air troops, and they have already shelled belarus territory and tried to blame Ukraine for that. As for Poland, they realize that russia is the real threat who is trying to pull focus on Ukraine.
- Roman Leschenko, Minister of Agrarian Policy and Food, resigned due to health issues. He explained his situation on his Facebook page“I’m at war not just with our common enemy but also with a tough hereditary disease. My health is deteriorating. Because of that, I’m forced to resign from the minister position”.
- russian invaders already lost 40 thousand troops. This figure includes dead, injured, and captured. As of March 27th, russian invaders got 16,6 thousand dead and counting.
- Ukraine doesn’t use any banned weapons and does not violate international agreements. Unlike russia, which probably used phosphorus weapons in the Avdiyivka district.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 14:00 on March 27
- Ukrainian doctors dismantle bodies of dead civilians and the russian military for organ harvesting for UAF purposes.
- “Don’t be afraid to speak russian” posters started to appear in occupied parts of Luhansk oblast.
- rosatom demands Ukrainian authorities bring back their employees as fast and safe as possible.
- russian ministry of defense: Ukrainian Air Force and Anti-Air Units are entirely demolished.
And now – THE TRUTH:
- Ukrainian laws prohibit organ harvesting without a patient’s consent. In addition, not every doctor is qualified to do that. Also, it makes no sense to perform organ harvesting on heavily damaged bodies of shelling victims.
- Ukraine never had any limitations on using the russian language at home. The language law limited the use of the russian language in the press, radio, TV, and print media.
- 11 rosatom employees are in Zaporizhya NPP because they came there with russian military without Ukraine’s Energoatom or ZNPP consent. Energoatom demands rosatom to leave ZNPP territory.
- russian ministry of defense reports every day that the Ukrainian Air Force and Anti-Anti Units are gone. Meanwhile, Ukrainian Air Force and Anti-Air Units are hard at work shooting down russian planes and missiles. On March 26th, Ukrainian Anti-Air Units shot down 3 out of 4 rockets over Volyn. In addition, they shot down 1 plane and 12 drones.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 12:00 on March 27
- UAF shells civilian infrastructure in Chornobaivka.
- Ukrainian Gas Transfer System replenishes russian budget more than companies that refused to leave russian market.
And now – THE TRUTH:
- russian invaders lost the battle for Chornobaivka for the 11th time. So it is natural that their propaganda would try to find yet another excuse for their utter failures. There is no proof in claims that UAF shoots civilian infrastructure, but there are numerous proofs of russians shooting at civilian infrastructure everywhere they go. UAF is fighting the invading force.
- Ukraine is not buying russian gas since 2015. Therefore, the Ukrainian Gas Transfer system is not generating any revenue for russia. In addition, European countries also stop buying russian gas. For example, Poland plans to stop using russian gas by 2023, some Lithuanian companies stopped buying russian gas.
- Hungary never had any territorial claims for Zakarpattya. The whole Zakarpattya separatism narrative is one of the russian propaganda inventions. Unfortunately, it is widely spread in Ukraine, russia, and Hungary. It is part of russia’s attempts to discredit the Ukrainian State.
- russian invaders plundered the hi-end Central Analytical Laboratory in Chornobyl. The laboratory did contain hazardous samples and also radionuclides. But it is a big stretch to consider this a proof of nuclear weapon development program. Inadequate handling of radioactive materials will primarily harm the occupiers who seized the station.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 12:00 on March 24
- russia is not at war with Ukraine. If russia was at war with Ukraine, russia would’ve carpet-bombed the cities.
- Europeans are appalled at the rudeness of Ukrainian refugees. It is a direct result of 8 years of nationalist propaganda in Ukraine.
- US and EU wanted to use Ukraine as a base for their nuclear weapons aimed at russia. UK’s Minister of Defense seemingly confirmed that.
- USA accusations of russia committing war crimes are baseless.
А тепер ПРАВДА
- russia carpet bombs Mariupol. Even NATO confims that. Head of Luhansk Oblast Military Administration Serhiy Hayday previously stated that the russian military conducted carpet bombings of Luhansk Oblast residential housings.
- russia tries to push the “rude Ukrainian refugees greedy to exploit European help” narrative for a couple of weeks. russia wants to discredit Ukrainian refugees in Europe. The whole “master race” narrative actually fits russia more. Coincidentally, that’s the same narrative Nazi Germany adored.
- Nuclear weapons bases are banned in Ukraine. Meanwhile, russia actively threatens the world with nuclear weapons.
- russia kills civilians, uses banned weapons, shoots at humanitarian convoys, conducts illegal mobilization on the occupied territories, displaces local residents, and creates ecological threats. These are some of russia’s recent war crimes.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 12:00 on March 23
- Poland and USA planned a “denazification operation” in Ukraine. Proof: there were paratrooper regiments on Ukraine-Poland border.
- peskov in CNN interview: “russian invaders don’t shell civilian infrastructure.”
- russia never planned to shell Ukrainian chemical plants. It happens accidentally on purpose, which is completely different.
- Poland will initiate the break-up of Ukraine. They will discuss it on March 24th at the NATO summit.
- Louis Vuitton supports the russian invasion because their new jewelry collections use Z and V symbols.
And now – THE TRUTH:
- There were American paratroopers on the Ukraine-Poland border before the start of the russian invasion. However, their goal was to support NATO allies in case of russian aggression.
- russia provides more and more evidence of their bombing of civilian objects every day. Last night they shelled vegetable storage and sausage factory in the Brovary district of Kyiv Oblast. У Чернігові розбомбили міст через Десну, яким рухались евакуаційні рейси та гуманітарна допомога. У Харкові вчора активізувалися атаки на житлові райони та історичний центр міста.
- russian invaders damaged the 50-ton ammonia tank on Sumyhimporm factory on March 21th.
- Poland never announced such plans. In fact, Poland is preparing itself for a possible russian invasion.
- Louis Vuitton really presented jewelry with a symbol that resembles Z. However, the collection stylizes the brand letter L, and V. LVMH (with such brands as Louis Vuitton, Moët, Hennessy) announced that it would cease its operation in russia. There were also Louis Vuitton products empty shells videos in russia.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 19:00 on March 22
- Zelenskiy intentionally kills Mariupol civilians. It is revenge on the pro-russian population.
- Coronavirus spread investigation found a Ukrainian connection to the case.
- Crimea State Duma MP predicts that Europe will be thankful for russia exposing Ukrainian biolaboratories.
- illya kyva: nationalists led by Vitaly Klitschko plan a coup in the next two weeks.
And now – THE TRUTH:
- We already debunked the claim that in 2014 Mariupol “voted” to join “dnr” when it was taken over by Ukrainian nazi. That’s not what happened. The “referendum” was illegitimate and found no real support from Mariupol residents. Meanwhile, russia continues to destroy Mariupol. Just today, russian planes dropped two powerful bombs on the city. The city siege is led by Mikhail Mizintsev, one of the Russian commanders in the Syrian war. It was his order to bomb the maternity house, drama theater, and residential housings. Mizintsev sees military objects just like that boy sees dead people. The current priority is to evacuate Mariupol residents, but it is borderline impossible due to russians opening fire on civilians.
- A couple of days ago we already predicted that russia would probably try to blame Ukraine for the coronavirus spread. To do that, russian propaganda propels the narrative about Ukrainian secret biolabs that study coronavirus and bats. However, the current theory of coronavirus origin is organic, and there is no solid proof for russian claims.
- There was no biolaboratory expose whatsoever. The information about Ukrainian biolaboratories is open source. In addition, everybody knows what these laboratories are for. During the COVID-19 pandemic, these labs helped monitor the virus spread in Ukraine.
- illya kyva is russian propaganda mouthpiece. For years he recited russian propaganda narratives like calling the Revolution of Dignity a “bloody coup” and War in the East a “civil conflict”. You can check out an extensive collection of kyva lying on our YouTube channel.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 18:00 on March 22
- russian special operation is conducted by a professional army that uses cruise missiles that are very effective in precision strikes on military infrastructure and not civilian infrastructure. It is nationalists and UAF who shells Ukrainian civilian infrastructure.
- Ukrainian schools militarize children. One of the textbooks for 11th grade calls russia an occupant and aggressor.
- Biological weapon that was developed in Ukraine was designed to affect slav female reproductive systems.
- Kyiv ordered the Mariupol military to leave the city disguised as civilians.
And now – THE TRUTH:
- There are conscripts in the so-called professional army. Even the russian ministry of defense admits that despite simultaneous claims of otherwise. it is russian invaders who destroy Ukrainian infrastructure. They already demolished 15 thousand kilometers of roads, 1600 residential housings, approximately 400 schools, 36 hospitals, 77 administrative buildings, and even 8 churches. Total damages sum up to almost $63 billion.
- Ukraine declared russian an aggressor in 2018. It is a stretch to call a simple statement of fact a militarization. Meanwhile, russia actually plans to involve child soldiers – as stated by Ukrainian Intelligence.
- It is impossible to develop an ethnic-centric biological weapon. The whole anti-russian biological weapon contradicts their own “Ukrainians and russians are one people” narrative.
- Ukrainian army defends Mariupol and helps evacuate civilians. Azov regiments (russian propaganda’s favorite targets) destroyed 4 tanks and a couple of armored vehicles.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 17:00 on March 22
- russian invaders’ address to Kharkiv and Kharkiv Oblast residents: “There is no war between russians and Ukrainians. There is a special operation against nazi, oligarchs and all the traitors who poorly treated local residents for years”.
- Avakov disrupted the Ukrainian propaganda narrative by saying that over 17 thousand had died while General Staff claims that it is only 15 thousand.
- russia goes to another stage of the war with the primary goal being saving as many civilians as they can. They do it by killing them.
- Zelenskiy promises a referendum on the “denazification” and “demilitarization” of Ukraine. S
And now – THE TRUTH:
- russian is at war with Ukraine and the Ukrainian people. As for nazism – it was never really widespread in Ukraine, unlike russia. Far-right politicians are heavily marginalized in Ukrainian society. There were never any “radical” far-rights in the Ukrainian government or parliament. Since 2014 there weren’t any far-right political parties in the Ukrainian Parliament. Lack of names and proof regarding such things is yet another reason why these are simply baseless claims of russian propaganda.
- It is hard to verify Avakov’s words as he doesn’t state his sources and has a history of manipulating facts. We trust UAF General Staff when it comes to providing official casualty stats. However, it is essential to note that it is hard to count russian casualties in the active warzone.
- russian invaders didn’t even try to save civilians. But they are very skillful at killing civilians. 3000 dead due to Mariupol shelling. It is an approximation as there are probably more dead under the rubble. russian invaders shell residential housings, schools, hospitals – they call them “military bases” to justify their actions.
- Zelenskiy said: “The referendum will be the final resolution in the negotiations between Ukraine and Russia.” He referred to safety guarantees, occupied Donbas and Crimea. He didn’t mention “denazification” or “demilitarization.” Both terms are used by russian propaganda exclusively as casus belli justification for war.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 16:00 on March 22
- peskov: russia doesn’t create any special structure on the territories that were “freed” from “nationalists.”
- On March 16th, Ukrainian nationalists shot 10 Chernihiv residents standing in the queue to get bread.
- Due to martial law, defense work is being organized in Odessa. As a confirmation, an extract from Order №101 of March 16, 22 of the Chief of the Odessa OVA Maksym Marchenko is allegedly added to the report.
- Ukraine doesn’t arrange any humanitarian corridors from Berdyanks.
And now – THE TRUTH:
- russian tries to establish occupational government on the occupied territories. They tried to set up the new mayor of Melitopol (conveniently, it is an MP from OPZZh) after kidnapping the real one. They did the same thing when they occupied Crimea and select Donetsk and Luhansk Oblast regions.
- It is was russian invaders who opened fire on the queue to get bread. Chernihiv Oblast Prosecutor’s Office confirmed it. “North” operational command clarified that it was done with heavy artillery, probably “Grads.”
- Odesa Regional Military Administration states that the Head of the Odesa State Administration didn’t issue such orders. “We publish all official orders on our official website and announce them on the official Facebook page,” the statement said.
- Humanitarian corridors from Berdyansk to Zaporizhya are active every day. However, russian invaders try to disrupt them and open fire on civilians.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 18:00 on March 20
- Forest walks are banned in Kyiv Oblast because Territorial Defense killed several civilians there.
- Rating Group survey that says 93% of Ukrainians believe in victory is incorrect because it was conducted in Western Ukraine with no active warzones.
- If russian invaders enter Sumy – UAF will poison civilians with chlorine and ammonia.
- Ukrainian nazi captured Mariupol in 2014 despite the city having a large turnout on dnr faux referendum.
And now – THE TRUTH:
- Forest walks are banned in Kyiv Oblast due to forest fire threats. https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=332859035535303&id=100064336284967.
- Rating Group survey was conducted on the entire Ukraine territory, excluding occupied Crimea and regions of Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts. It covered citizens from 18 years old. West and South Ukraine got 95% beliving in victory, Central Ukraine – 94%, Eastern Ukraine – 85%.
- UAF doesn’t use any banned weapons while russians use them all the time. Because of that, there is a reason to believe that when russia says something about Ukraine using chemical weapons, it means russia might use it. Because russia’s gonna russia.
- First, that dnr faux referendum was illegal. Second, the organizers didn’t even had the voter lists because they had no access to the voter registry. There were 4 voting spots, and people could vote without any IDs with no secrecy of voting. The turnout was around 30% of possible voters.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 16:00 on March 20
- American political technologists made the “Ukraine Antirussia” Project for years.
- Azov regiment nazi intentionally destroyed a pool in the center of Mariupol because they knew civilians were hiding there. So they shot with russian bombs dropped from russian planes flying from russian territory.
- Priests from Ukraine East Orthodox Church travel to Donbas to kill civilians.
- Kidnapping people from Mariupol and sending them to russia is a solution to save them from the humanitarian catastrophe created by russian invaders.
And now – THE TRUTH:
- russian propaganda tries their damnedest to justify their war against Ukraine. The “Ukraine Antirussia” project is one of the narratives they try to push even though there is no proof and the whole narrative doesn’t make any sense. If you think about it, it is russia that turns Ukraine into the opposite of russia.
- Yesterday, russian invaders dropped the bomb on the art school, which sheltered approximately 400 people, including women, children, and the elderly. According to Pentagon research, russian aircraft conduct over 200 flights over Ukraine a day. About a 100 of these are on Mariupol. In addition, they use artillery, multiple rocket launchers, and tanks. russian warships also shell Mariupol.
- Ukraine finalized the creation of its own East Orthodox Church four years after the start of the war in Donbas and Crimea occupation. However, Ukrainian East Orthodox Church, under the moscow patriarchy, decided against joining Ukrainian Church. Even more so, they actively try to discredit it. moscow patriarchy calls Ukrainian Church “schismatic.”. However, it is the russian church started the schism – they cut their ties with Constantinople due to Ukrainian Church getting autocephaly.
- russian invaders who displace Mariupol residents into russia confiscate their mobile phones and Ukrainian documents. Instead, some Mariupol residents get occupation documents, while the fate of the others remains unknown.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 18:00 on March 19
- Ukraine shelled center of Mariupol with Tochka U rockets. “Fortunately,” russian anti-air units took over these rockers and answered with Iskander strikes.
- Nazi in Kharkiv opened fire on the humanitarian help distribution spot. They also shot civilians in Severodonetsk.
- 85% of Mariupol destruction is done by Azov. Azov troopers flee from Mariupol under the civilian guise. That’s why russian invaders open fire on civilians.
- Mariupol is “the heart” of “dnr”.
- Instead of cleaning up the rubble of the demolished buildings, people made a Ukrainian coat of arms out of flowers.
And now – THE TRUTH:
- Ukrainian authorities didn’t report any Mariupol bombings with Tochka U. Only russian media reported it. russian invaders shelled the city and then tried to blame UAF for doing that.
- Ukrainians, whom russia keeps calling nazis, don’t shoot at humanitarian help distribution spots. They just keep on blaming everyone else for their atrocities. In Kharkiv, civilians can get humanitarian help in Ukrposhta and Nova Poshta post offices. There are also Ukrzaliznytsya evacuation trains. It is russian invaders who shell Severodonetsk. Despite that, there are still active green corridors. Today, 160, excluding those on their vehicles, managed to evacuate the city.
- russia’s at it again: in reality – it is russian invaders who destroyed 80-90% of the city. russians try to blame everyone else for what they do. That’s why they target Azov. However, Azov troopers stay to protect the city from russian invaders.
- Mariupol is a Ukrainian city. There are armed clashes in the city, but it is not occupied.
- the last time russian invaders shot at Kyiv was on March 18th. However, the rocket was shot down, and its remains fell on the Podil district. National Emergency Service handled the situation. They did the same on March 17th in the Darnitsa district, and March 15h after Svyatoshin district bombings.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 17:00 on March 19
- lavrov on “rf’s special operation”: “We had no choice but to disrupt this antirussian project of the West.”
- Nazis in Mariupol were shooting at people and throwing them our of the windows to capture the higher floors of the buildings.
- russia proposes Ukraine to become just like belarus: have no nuclear weapons and stop threatening russia. As a safety guarantee, russia will create military bases in Ukraine.
- Europe’s fight against all things russian is borderline racist. Except russian is not race.
- Ukraine wants to limit access to Telegram because they are losing the information war.
And now – THE TRUTH:
- russia started getting sanctions after declaring “lnr/dnr” independent. After russia invaded Ukraine – sanctions doubled and tightened. Neither Collective West nor Ukraine ever planned to attack russia. Meanwhile, russia tries to justify its actions by saying Ukraine was threatening russia.
- russian invaders do everything they can to harm Mariupol residents. They go as far as to put white armlets on Mariupol residents so that UAF would think it is russian military under civilian disguise.
- belarus is russia’s puppet state. Just recently, lukashenko stated that belarus would want to get nuclear weapons back from russia if there were nuclear weapons near belarus borders – “in Poland, Lithuania, or Ukraine.” Similar statements were made by the head of belarussian Ministry of External Affairs, vladimir makey, “we consider locating nuclear weapons in belarussia – it is one of the possible responses to NATO actions in Poland.” Now, lukashenko contradicts himself and says that belarus will never have any nuclear weapons.
- EU sanctions, russian products boycott, foreign companies leaving russian market is not racism by any classification. It is a limitation put on a country threatening the entire world with its ruthless disregard of everything. The whole “antirussian” term is used by russian propaganda exclusively. No one was turning Ukraine into “anti-russia.” russia got the first batch of sanctions due to Crimea occupation in 2014 and starting the war in Donbas.
- There are no Telegram access limitations in Ukraine. However, there are lots of russian propaganda and fake news channels in Telegram. We monitor them and create these reports. Because of an immense amount of russian fake news propaganda – we need to check information from russian or pro-russian as they represent the enemy.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 18:00 on March 18
- the USA uses the war in Ukraine to advertise its weapons.
- Azov settled in fortifications in the metallurgic factories in Mariupol and didn’t let workers cease production.
- It is impossible to arrange evacuation corridors in Mariupol because Azov troopers might escape too.
- Cynical lies: Ukrainians dream of killing russian children while russians want children to live long and happily.
And now – THE TRUTH:
- the USA will give Ukraine 800 Stingers, 2000 Javelins, 1000 light armor-piercing weapons, 6000 antiarmor systems, 100 drones, 100 grenade launchers, 5000 assault rifles, 1000 handguns, 400 machineguns та 400 rifles, 20 million of various ammunition, 25000 body armors and 25000 helmets. It is not an advertisement. It is the US helping UA.
- Azovstal factories stopped on February 25th. They were stopped according to rules and regulations. In case of bombardment, the damage would be minimal, and the operation could restart ASAP.
- russian invaders do everything they can to disrupt evacuation operations from Mariupol and prevent humanitarian help from getting into the city. As of today, Ukraine managed to evacuate over 35 thousand Mariupol residents. The rescue works on the site of the bombed Drama Theater continue. 130 people are already saved, but more are still trapped under the rubble. Greece is ready to finance the reconstruction of the Mariupol Maternity Hospital. while Italy will provide help in reconstructing the Drama Theater.
- russian invaders already killed 109 children and injured 130. No long and happy life for them. https://t.me/voxcheck/2098. Ukrainians don’t kill russian children.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 17:00 on March 18
- Training air raid alarms are actually to test their technical state. There is no alarm for some objects captured by radars. People could not hide because the person in charge of turning on the alarms didn’t turn it on.
- National Bank of Ukraine asks citizens to donate cryptocurrency to support UAF.
- putin during his speech in luzhniki: “Crimea citizens made the right choice by establishing a hard barrier with neonazi. russia did a lot to drag Crimea out of its miserable state when it was under Ukrainian control.”
- Ukrainian military promised to destroy Volnovakha. In the meantime, “dnr” “attempts” to “establish” “normal” “life” there.
And now – THE TRUTH:
- Training air raid alarms are banned during wartime. The alarm is turned on when any flying objects are identified, no matter the size. The siren is under the command center control, working around the clock.
- National Bank of Ukraine doesn’t send emails to citizens and doesn’t accept donations to crypto-wallets. There are two such fake addresses [email protected] та [email protected]
- Crimea residents didn’t make any free choice during a faux referendum in Crimea. It was a show. russia established an oppressive regime with numerous rights violations, the destruction of freedom of speech, freedom of movement, right to work, and many other rights. russia also arranged an illegal mobilization and expanded its military presence on the peninsula.
- Pavlo Kyrylenko, Head of Donetsk State Administration: Volnovakha is destroyed. It was the first big city that russian invaders managed to capture in Donetsk Oblast. Before the 2014 war, the city had somewhere around 100 thousand residents. The battle for the city started in late February. On February 28th, UAF managed to push back russians outside the city, despite Grad and airstrikes. There was an evacuation campaign during the next two weeks. russian invaders consider taking over Volnovakha as one of the steps in capturing Mariupol, which will allow russia to create a ground corridor between Crimea and ORDLO.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 16:00 on March 17
- There is a long-running pathogen spread via bats research program in Kharkiv. The project was backed by the US in Ukraine and Georgia in October 2019, right before the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Mariupol refugees say that UAF opened fire on evacuation corridors. Because of that, people who flee Mariupol don’t want to go through Ukraine-controlled territory. Ukrainian Government left Mariupol behind.
- Azov Regiment bombed the Drama Theater building. Or, The Drama Theater was bombed because Azov troopers were hiding there. Or both.
- US and EU have defaulted on their debt to russia.
- lukashenko: if Ukraine doesn’t stop provoking belarus, Minsk will retaliate. They’ll probably unleash Boo.
And now – THE TRUTH:
- the russia’s current idea is to “prove” that COVID-19 was developed in Ukraine in russian biolaboratories. Which is quite a flight of fantasy if you look at the facts. First, scientists from all over the world more or less agree that COVID-19 is most certainly of natural origin. Second, Ukrainian biolaboratories are under the control of the Ukrainian Ministry of Health. Their goal is to reduce the pathogen dangers and not to spread them. Some laboratories took part in identifying such viruses as SARS-CoV-2.
- There are 350-400 thousand people under a blockade in Mariupol. As of 13.03.2022 – 2358 dead. City Administration states that the actual number might be 1,5-2 times higher because it is still unknown how many people are under ruins. 80-90% of the city is demolished. There are no buildings without damage. It is a textbook illustration of the “russian world,” “denazification,” “demilitarization” russia’s committing in Ukraine. The evacuation corridor from Mariupol to Zaporizhya is currently active. But constant fire from russian invaders make it hard to get through. russian invaders caused a humanitarian catastrophe in Mariupol because they couldn’t fight UAF. So instead, they started shelling civilians and blocking humanitarian aid. It is pathetic.
- russian propaganda can’t decide which version of the Drama Theater bombing they like the most. Either Azov bombed it, or russians bombed it because Azov was there. That’s the same narrative they used when they bombed the Maternity House in Mariupol a couple of weeks ago. The fact of the matter is that russian invaders shell civilian infrastructure and kill innocent civilians. The russians dropped a bomb on the Drama Theater after they found out that there were lots of civilians in there. Fortunately, the shelter was strong enough to stand the strike, and by morning – people were coming out of the ruins.
- US and EU had frozen assets of russian companies, oligarchs, and the likes. This doesn’t mean US and EU default on russia’s debts. In fact, it is russia that’s on the verge of default and economic collapse. russia had managed to pay $117 million of debt. But, according to Bloomberg, russia will have enough money to pay debts until May.
- Ukraine is not provoking belarus. In fact, it is russia that creates one provocation after another to rile up belarussia.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 18:00 on March 16
- Crimea was under heavy sanctions after the “referendum,” aka occupation. However, during 8 years of occupation – life was better than during 23 years as part of Independent Ukraine.
- Ukrainian Armed Forces gave Kahovka Hydroelectric Power Plant without a fight.
- Ukrainian Authorities fled from Volnovakha and didn’t even inform residents about evacuation.
- There is no reason for the russian economy to default.
- Zelenskiy is hiding in the basement near the Polish border. He was secretly transferred to meet with Czech, Slovenian and Polish representatives.
And now – THE TRUTH:
- The so-called “referendum” has nothing to do with “free choice” russia likes to call it. The decision to hold a “referendum” was made at a meeting of the Verkhovna Rada of Crimea on February 27, 2014, while the building was captured by russian military without ID signs. Later on, putin admitted that these were the russian military. There were no journalists during a meeting, and MPs were voting under the gun barrel. It is unknown where there was a quorum for voting. russia implemented an oppressive regime in Crimea with heavy repressions against Crimean Tatars who stand against Crimea occupation. Crimean Tatar people suffer from frequent illegal searches. Leaders of their communities are exiled from the peninsula, Crimean Tatar media is closed, and their government is qualified as an “extremist organization.” russia conscripted nearly 28 thousand Crimean residents into the russian armed forces. Instead of upholding international norms, russia turned Crimea into a military base with aircraft, missiles, and ammunition prepared for further invasion. Crimea’s occupation allowed russia to strengthen its presence in the Black Sea, Azov Sea, and Kerch Strait.
- russia occupied Kahovka HPP on February 24th. It is pointless to talk about “giving up” the location given the fact that local authorities were not prepared for the invasion that started at 5:00.
- it is russian invaders who shell Volnovakha and don’t let residents evacuate.
- Fitch lowered russia’s credit rating down to “С.” This means that russia’s default is imminent. Moody’s also lowered russia’s credit rating down to “C,” which is yet another proof that default is imminent. S&P Global Ratings gave russia a “CCC-” credit rating.
- Zelenskiy had debunked claims that he was not in Kyiv on numerous occasions.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 16:00 on March 16
- UAF supposedly lost 34672 personnel, plus 23490 injured і 13,3k missing. National Guard lost 15000. Territorial Defense lost 20 thousand and 30 thousand wounded. russian fake news media claims this is Red Cross, burial centers, and Ministry of Defense information sent directly to Zelensky.
- Ukrainian Air Force never shot down any russian aircraft. Except for those they already shot down. But it doesn’t count, so it is fair game.
- If not for russia’s timely reaction, UAF would’ve done scorched earth on “lnr/dnr” cities.
- russian invaders are not going to capture any cities. But not because they can’t. The goal of the invasion is to start a negotiation between russia and Ukraine.
And now – THE TRUTH:
- Red Cross never gave any data on UAF, National Guard, Territorial Defense losses. russian fake news media posted a lot of stuff about that, albeit with dubious and questionable sources on this side of fiction. In addition, if one of the purported sources in Ministry of Defense data is sent straight to Zelenskiy, then how is it in russian fake news media access? It is reasonable to think that these russian fake news media reports are full-on fiction or heavily manipulated hearsay.
- Ukrainian Air Force shoots down a lot of russian planes. For example, on the night of March 1st, there was an airfight between two UAF MiG-29 and two russian Su-35C in Kyiv Oblast. russian planes went down as they should. On March 7th, UAF Air Force shot down 2 enemy planes over Kyiv.
- Ukraine never planned an offensive on Donbas. This is russia’s casus belli. It was russia who situated 140k military across the border and threatened to invade for months. The whole narrative is a tool for russia to depict Ukraine as warmongers looking for a reason to draw blood. We’ve already covered it many times:
- If russia is not going to occupy any Ukrainian cities, then what are they doing when they are trying to occupy Mariupol, Volnovakha, Kherson, Energodar, and other cities? Why did russian invaders attack Mykolaiv, Kharkiv, Kyiv, and other cities? russia indeed tries to facilitate negotiations, but they do it by using banned weapons and killing civilians.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 16:00 on March 15
- On the third week of the war, Ukrainian propaganda found out that there were russians and russian-speaking populations in the Ukrainian cities. And now they are using this fact to blame russian invaders for shelling the russian population in Ukraine.
- Victoria Nuland admitted that there are US biolaboratories in Ukraine.
- UAF kidnapped a UN representative in Kharkiv.
- Hungarian population of Ukraine started talking about rejoining Hungary/
- There’s an illegal organ trade in Ukraine. The Ukrainian Government entered an agreement with local doctors to transfer the organs of the injured to Europe without their consent.
- UAF General Staff reports that there are only 16 shot-down planes, not even 49. Because of that, The Ghost of Kyiv couldn’t shoot down 50 planes.
And now – THE TRUTH:
- russian propaganda mixes “russian population” and “russian-speaking population” to prove their point. Ukraine never denied its existence.
- Victoria Nuland never said that there are US laboratories in Ukraine. Her words were taken out of context. “Secret US biolaboratories in Ukraine” is yet another russian propaganda myth. There is no proof of such things in Ukraine. The USA has helped to modernize Ukrainian laboratories since 2005. The goal is to upgrade research methods to prevent infectious diseases. For example, during the COVID-19 pandemic, these labs monitored the COVID-19 disease cycle. The United States has invested over $200 million for 46 laboratories and medical institutions’ development during the cooperation period. None of them work on any chemical or biological weapons. The USA initiated a chemical weapon development prevention program while USSR was developing chemical weapons. After the USSR collapse – leftovers of this program were left in Ukraine. US chemical weapon prevention program aims at keeping these contagious materials safe and used only for scientific purposes. This program was also active in russian laboratories up until 2014.
- UAF didn’t kidnap any UN representatives in Kharkiv. According to Counterdisinformation Center, the UN itself had denied these claims.
- It is not the first year when russian propaganda used the narrative about the Hungarian population of Ukraine wanting to join Hungary. They do it to discredit the territorial unity of Ukraine and emphasize that there are numerous separatist movements in Ukraine. Such actions are treason according to Ukrainian legislation. The perpetrators can get jailed for life.
- Illegal organ trade is a long-running russian propaganda narrative. This time they are using it in the context of many injured people whose organs are suitable for the illegal organ trade. However, the Ukrainian organ transplant system is highly regulated, and there is no way to get somebody’s organs without their written consent.
- russian invaders lost 81 airplanes during the war. It is approximately a quarter of those prepared for the invasion.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 18:00 on March 14
- It was a Ukrainian anti-air missile and not a russian bomb that exploded over Kurenivka (Kyiv). UAF anti-air missile, not russian missile, blew up the residential housings on the Lobanovskiy Prospect on February 26th.
- Ukrainian Government had been collecting Slav biomaterials to create biological weapons. They did it with the US’ help.
- Ukrainian provocateurs called “dnr” women to start protesting near the government building in Donetsk. And then, they opened fire on that district with Tochka U.
- Ukrainian pro-russian activists were so scared during 8 years of “oppression” that even now, in the “liberated” cities, they are still afraid to express their political views.
And now – THE TRUTH:
- Ukrainian Anti-Air Unit shot down a rocket over Kyiv today. Parts of the rocket had fallen on the Kurenivka district. 1 dead, 6 injured. The trolleybus with no passengers is totally demolished. On February 26th, it was russian invaders whose missile blew a hole through a residential housing complex on the Lobanovsky Prospect.
- Ukrainian Ministry of Health, USA, and even the President already explained that Ukraine wasn’t developing any biological weapons in the biolaboratories. Even MSU researchers had stated that it is impossible to create an ethnic-centric biological weapon.
- Ukrainian Ministry of Defense had debunked claims of UAF involvement in shelling Donetsk city center with Tochka U.
- Ukraine had been fighting with russian propaganda and disinformation for over 8 years and counting. But it is hard to call an “oppression” when an entire pro-russian parliamentary faction is fully active. So the whole “oppression” just doesn’t make much sense.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 13:00 on March 14
- Member of the Bundestag Sahra Wagenknecht stated that supplying Ukraine with weapons only prolongs “the crisis.”
- 2018 measles epidemic started due to anti-russian policies. Ukraine disposed of the entire Priorix vaccine only because it was quality tested in russia. Україна утилізувала всю вакцину КПК “Пріорікс” лише тому, що її якість перевіряли у росії.
- Ukrainians shot cluster bombs on Donetsk with Tochka U.
- UAF sabotaged the Avdiyivka coke fuel plant and didn’t let anyone deal with the fire.
And now – THE TRUTH:
- Sahra Wagenknecht is known for her pro-russian position regarding the russian invasion. She already called the russian invasion in Donbas a “civil war” led by “neo-nazis”. She also pushes the russian propaganda narrative of “fratricidal war”. In addition, she refuses to recognize the russian military presence in Donbas despite the opposite proof from OSCE, international investigators, testimonies of the russian military. She and several other members of the Die Linke party are included in the Peacekeeper database due to their attempts to legalize Crimea occupation and “lnr/dnr”.
- First, Ukraine uses the Belgian Priorix vaccine against measles. Second, the measles epidemic is the result of anti-vax fake news hysteria and not some anti-russian policies.
- It is russia who shoots Donetsk with Tochka U, not UAF. Also, Tochka U is not compatible with cluster bomb munition. Furthermore, cluster bombs are banned by international laws. But it doesn’t stop russia from using them.
- Coke fuel plant in Avdiyivka was shelled with russian Grads. In addition, they damaged the gas pipeline, nearby school, and residential housings. Information on civilian casualties is currently being clarified.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 15:00 on March 13
- Prime Minister of Israel Naftali Bennett “advised” Zelenskiy to agree to russia’s demands and surrender. Allegedly, Zelenskiy said that “he heard him.”
- UAF kills civilians in Popasna.
- UAF opened fire on all humanitarian corridors on March 12th. They did that from russian positions, dressed like russians and firing from russian weapons.
- Ukrainian nazi are burgling and killing civilians in Mariupol. They also use civilians as human shields.
And now – THE TRUTH:
- Mykhailo Podolyak: “Israel, just like any other country-mediator, definitely doesn’t recommend Ukraine to agree on any russia’s conditions. It is impossible from military and political standpoints. On the contrary, Israel asks russia to look at things more realistically”.
- Unlike russian invaders, UAF actually tries to save civilians at all cost, while russians shoot civilians on sight. Today, russian invaders shelled Popasna with phosphorous bombs banned by Geneva Convention. Yesterday, we did a piece about paragraphs of the Geneva Convention broken by russia.
- 13 thousand people were evacuated through humanitarian corridors on March 13th. At the same time, evacuations from Zaporizhya, Energodar, Vorzel, Irpin, and Kozarovychi were made impossible due to russian invaders opening fire on humanitarian corridors.
- As of now, 1582 civilians died due to the Mariupol blockade.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 19:00 on March 12
- There were reports of fires in the Chornobyl Exclusion Zone woods.
- the USA admits that Ukraine is an unviable state.
- Provocation: russia may be preparing a mock referendum in Kherson to declare the so-called “kherson’s people republic.”
- Western partners “abandoned” Ukraine: Spain provided навчальні муляжі for Instalaza C-90 and Alcotаn-100 grenade launchers.
And now – THE TRUTH:
- No government official, including the National Emergency Service of Ukraine, had reported on the forest fires in the Chornobyl Exclusion Zone. Ukraine’s Head of Intelligence already warned about russia attempting a provocation in the Chornobyl NPP Exclusion Zone. There are two possible scenarios: one of the features starts fires in the irradiated forests, the other involves shelling radioactive waste storage. They plan to blame Ukraine for doing that.
- None of Ukrainian US partners ever stated that Ukraine is an “unviable state.” Quite the opposite, today, President Joe Biden signed a decree allocating $200 million to Ukraine for military needs.
- russian invaders are preparing a mock referendum in Kherson. To do that, they call Kherson Oblast Council MPs and try to coerce them into collaboration. Meanwhile, Kherson residents come out to protest russian occupation every day.
- russian propaganda tries playing mind games with Kherson residents by perpetuating such fake narratives as: “Kherson was abandoned,” “Ukraine doesn’t need Kherson,” “Ukraine left Kherson without means for existence” and so on and so forth.
- Once again – there were no such reports. Spain plans to provide Ukraine with at least 1370 anti-tank grenade launchers and 700 thousand units of ammunition for assault rifles and machine guns.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 12:00 on March 12
- russia’s new take on biolaboratories: the US conducted inhumane biological experiments on Ukrainians. It was essentially something similar to the MK Ultra Monarch program, which was based on the nazi human experimentation program. The proof – the growing number of alcohol- and drug-addicted people in russia-occupied Donbas.
- Iron dome over russia is the West’s goal. Because of that, YouTube blocks russian fake news media, while Instagram marks them as russian fake news media.
- Zuckerberg – XXI century hitler, because Meta approves violent messages regarding russians and belarussians.
- russian invaders share their rations with civilians in Chernihiv oblast.
- Zelenskiy is lying about sending humanitarian convoys to Mariupol because residents haven’t got any humanitarian help. And it is not because russian invaders keep on shelling the city so that no humanitarian aid can get through.
And now – THE TRUTH:
- As we have already repeated time and time – all those russian biolaboratory, biological-chemical-nuclear weapon-related news are nothing more than baseless claims and fantasies. The threat is that when russia accuses Ukraine of something, it probably means they are going to try it out themselves.
- Western countries implement sanctions against russia due to their invasion of Ukraine. However, russia voluntarily imposes a lot of limitations on itself. It is roskomnadzor who limited access to Facebook and Twitter and not the other way, Instagram closes on March 14th. The decision will cut over 80 million users from the platform.
- Meta allows violent messages regarding russians and belarussians on Facebook and Instagram in the russo-Ukrainian War context. In its comment, the company, explained that this is only allowed for Ukrainian users. In addition, this permit allows people to use words for self-defense in times of war.
- Today, russian invaders destroyed Hotel “Ukraine” in Chernihiv. In addition, russian invaders keep on bombing civilian infrastructure with artillery and airstrikes. Chernihiv is left without electricity, gas, water, and heating this morning. City services are repairing the infrastructure to restore the supply.
- The humanitarian corridors to and from Mariupol are currently active. However, russian invaders open fire on the convoys and don’t let civilians get out of the city or supplies to arrive in the city.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 19:00 on March 11
- Nationalists blew up the Institute of Physics and Technology in Kharkiv to hide proof of nuclear weapon research.
- 30 biolaboratory network was working on expanding the pathogen features of infectious diseases.
- NATO turned the civil conflict into a full-blown war of the West against russia.
- USA and EU started to rehabilitate fascism.
And now – THE TRUTH:
- The whole “rehabilitating fascism” thing is yet another russia’s attempt to justify its invasion. None of the Ukrainian Officials ever expressed allegiance to fascist ideology. Like any other country, there are far-right radicals in Ukraine, but they are marginal at best and don’t have much influence in Ukrainian politics or society. Propaganda of intolerance, and propaganda of nazism is banned in Ukraine.
- There was never a civil conflict in Ukraine. russia attacked Ukraine in 2014 and occupied parts of Donbas and Crimea. Then, on February 24th, they started a full-on invasion in Ukraine.
- Ukraine’s Ministry of Internal Affairs and Ministry of Health state that there are no such laboratories in Ukraine, and the whole narrative is disinformation. Ken Psaki already called russia’s claims “pointless”. In addition, russia’s claim about an “ethnic-centric biological weapon” is impossible to make. Most of pathogens and bacteria in Ukrainian laboratories are actually common microorganisms.
- On March 10th, russian invaders shelled the Institute of Physics and Technology in Kharkiv.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 16:00 on March 11
- Events in Ukraine – is the third Maidan. Ukraine was going to attack belarussia is not for the russian invasion.
- Concentration camps were “found” on the “lnr” “territories” “liberated” from “Ukrainian nazi.”
- UAF uses cluster bombs.
- Ukraine in the EU is just Ukrainian propaganda fake news.
And now – THE TRUTH:
- Do you need yet another explanation that what is going on now is russian invasion and not “maidan” or “special operation”?
- Ukrainians never organized any concentration camps in “lnr/dnr”. russians did that. During 8 years of war in Donbas – there was an infamous “Isolation” concentration camp. In 2014 Secret Service of Ukraine had published a concentration camp map of Donbas.
- russian invaders use cluster bombs. National Emergency Service found such left by russian invaders in Mykolaiv Oblast.
- European Council made a statement condemning Russia’s war against Ukraine at the informal European Council summit in Versailles. They also made statements about increasing the sanctions against russia and commented on Ukraine’s possible joining the EU. The EU recognized the prospect of Ukraine’s membership in the EU.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 16:00 on March 10
- US biolaboratories in Ukraine research coronavirus and other infectious diseases spread on specific nations (russians in particular). According to russian propaganda, the dangerous pathogen and bacteria transmission were to occur through bats and birds.
- Ukrainian bomb disposal experts could not disable the FAB-250 bomb with their bare hands.
- lavrov: Ukraine was stealing russian gas.
- lavrov part Deux: there was an extremist Azov battalion in the maternity hospital, not pregnant women.
- Ukrainian nationalists killed 14 thousand pro-russian Donbas residents during 8 years of war.
And now – THE TRUTH:
- if you follow russian fake news media, it seems like russia is going to blame Ukraine for creating and spreading COVID-19. The whole “expose” russia is trying to pull off about biolaboratories in Ukraine is actually open-source data. The goal of these biolabs is to reduce the threat of infectious diseases. According to the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, all Ukrainian laboratories have one general function – indicate and identify causes for infectious diseases with epidemic potential or international notoriety according to international medical regulations.
- National Emergency Service of Ukraine actually managed to defuse a FAB-250 bomb. There is video proof of that on their official channel. Overall, just during March 9 Загалом впродовж 9 березня ДСНС виконали 22 заявки з Чернігова щодо розмінування. Тим часом росія обстрілює житлові райони міст України зокрема із забороненої зброї.
- Ukraine stopped buying russian gas in November 2015 and never stole any russian gas. First of all, it is technically challenging to pull that off, given the fact that Gas Transfer System Operators monitor the gas transfer and its quantity. Second, since 2015 Ukraine has bought gas from European countries owned by European countries. It can be of any origins because, unlike russia, European countries use gas as a political pressure tool.
- As for Mariupol, lavrov recites russian propaganda narrative. The maternity hospital wasn’t empty: we knew that the attack resulted in 17 injured by evening. In the morning, we found out that 3 people had died, including 1 child. the whole lavrov statement means that russian invaders intentionally opened fire on the maternity hospital. lavrov also cynically called photos of injured women in labor “manipulative” because they don’t show “the other side.” .
- During 8 years of war, 14 thousand people have died. But, not all of them were civilians, and they wouldn’t die if russia hadn’t attacked Ukraine. According to a UN report: during the period 14.04.2014 to 31.12.2022, 14,2-14,4 thousand people have died during a war in Donbas. Only 3,4 thousand of them are civilians, including 152 children. 81,4% civilians died on “lnr/dnr” territory, 16,3% on Ukraine-controlled territory, 2,3% on the separation line.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 17:00 on March 9
- UAF uses civilians as human shields because NATO said so.
- According to russian propaganda, it is dangerous not only to express your own opinion in Ukraine but also to remain silent instead of approving the “nazi regime.”
- UAF lacks personnel.
- russia didn’t damage the Chornobyl NPP power supply. What really “happened” is that the Solar Chernobyl solar power station was temporarily turned off, and there is no real threat for Chornobyl NPP. Aside from the situation spiraling out of control.
- Ukraine disallows foreign students to evacuate.
And now – THE TRUTH:
- UAF, unlike russian invaders, don’t use civilians as human shields. UAF protects civilians at all costs instead. It is russia who shells and bombs civilians, civilian infrastructure, and even humanitarian corridors. For example, today, russian invaders disrupted evacuation from Bucha and blocked 50 buses with civilians.
- There is no freedom of speech limitations in Ukraine. On the contrary, the Ukrainian Constitution bans censorship, and enforcing it is a crime. Meanwhile, in russia, there is no freedom of speech, and just recently, russian authorities blocked access to Facebook and Twitter.
- Mobilization in Ukraine takes place based on a Presidential Decree. People with military experience are first in line for mobilization. Mobilization has taken place all over Ukraine for 90 days since the decree. Meanwhile, in russia, hidden mobilization is used to compensate for immense casualties.
- Due to russian invaders’ thoughtless actions, Chornobyl NPP’s power supply is down. Currently, Chornobyl NPP is on diesel-generators which will last for 48 hours. If the power supply is not restored in 48 hours, the cooling system for the spent nuclear fuel facility will turn off, and this will lead to a radiation leak.
- 2046 foreign students from 27 countries are stuck in Sumy, Chernihiv, Mariupol, Kherson – all due to russian invaders disrupting evacuation.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 12:00 on March 9
- everpresent ilya kiva: since 2014, all hirings in the Ukrainian Government went through US Embassy. Nazism was a dominant ideology in education. Meanwhile, yuriy boyko, according to kiva, is actually a British spy who destroys the meaning of the OPZzH party.
- According to “dnr” representatives, Ukraine plans to disrupt humanitarian corridors in Volnovakha and Mariupol.
- Ukraine is responsible for the destruction of civilian residential housings. Civilians will soon suffer from hunger and cold.
- russia limits the use of Facebook and Twitter due to enemy propaganda and fake news.
- Azov planted bombs in a nuclear reactor in Kharkiv and demanded russian troops to leave.
- Ukraine is not going to open humanitarian corridors to russia because they also didn’t want to follow Minsk Accords.
And now – THE TRUTH:
- OPZzH MP’s are world-class bullshitters who lead every lying politician index. They repeat kremlin narratives. Here’s the video breakdown of their blatant lies.
- Ukraine and russia had agreed upon a ceasefire on March 9th from 9:00 to 21:00 to arrange an evacuation from Mariupol to Zaporizhya and from Volnovakha to Pokrovsk. However, these plans were disrupted by russian invaders opening fire on humanitarian corridors just because they could.
- Kharkiv, Irpin, Bucha, Hostomel – cities destroyed by russian invaders. Photos of these cities are worth a thousand words. They show what russian invaders mean by “demilitarization” and “denazification,” they what they call “peace.”
- It is russia who put an iron curtain on its citizen. russia is at the 150th spot out of 180 on World Press Freedom Index. Ukraine is in the 97th spot.
- russian invaders fired Grads on National Research Center “Kharkiv Institute of Physics and Technology”, which contains where the neutron source research facility is located, in the core of which 37 nuclear fuel cells are loaded. In addition, russian invaders hold hostages in Zaporizhya NPP and Chornobyl NPP. In the latter case, invaders also slowly die of radiation poisoning.
- russia kept ignoring most of the Minsk Accords for 8 years. That was why the situation on Donbas was left unresolved and kept getting worse as time went by. Ukraine tried to maintain the security part of the Minsk Accords, while russia kept disregarding it. Simultaneously, the political part of the Minsk Accords directly contradicted Ukrainian interests.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 16:00 on March 8
- UAF opened fire on the humanitarian corridor in Sumy Oblast.
- Azov battalion disrupted Mariupol evacuation.
- natalia poklonska, together with rosgvardia, brought humanitarian help from russia to Kherson. Meanwhile, the russian emergency service brought in 430 tons of humanitarian aid to Donbas. The russian military also provides humanitarian help in Chernihiv oblast.
- roskosmos general director dmitriy rogozin called the nationalization of the peoples of Ukraine, the ban on the use of the native russian language and russian culture, the physical destruction and genocide of all those who opposed Bandera a manifestation of Nazism in Ukraine.
- If UAF destroys “lnr/dnr” cities, then there is no doubt who actually shot down MH-17.
- Due to Collective West providing fighter jets for Ukraine, there will be more civilian casualties.
- “External control”: NATO controls the conflict in Ukraine.
And now – THE TRUTH:
- At 13:00, russian invaders opened fire on the evacuation corridor from Sumy to Poltava. As of 16:00, the movement was restored. Corridor will remain open until 21:00.
- russian invaders keep 300000 hostages and prevent civilian evacuation despite Red Cross participation. UAF cleaned the road over the agreed direction of the evacuation corridor. However, russian invaders opened fire, and the whole evacuation attempt fell apart.
- russia smuggles weapons and fuel under the guise of humanitarian help. Just like when they did the same with humanitarian convoys to Donbas.
- There was never a russian language ban in Ukraine. The implementation of the language law emphasized the use of state language while limiting the use of russian on tv, radio, books, education. Casual use of russian was never under any limitations. Interestingly, russian propaganda never gives any examples of what they call “physical extermination” of those “against Bandera.” The lack of facts means these are baseless claims.
- Numerous investigations concluded that Malaysian Boeing MH-17 was shot down by a rocket from Buk missile system owned by the 53rd missile brigade stationed near Kursk, russia. It was sent to Donbas just before the tragedy and was based on the occupied territory. After completing its tasks, it returned to russia.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 15:00 on March 7
- Ukrainians present their own demolished equipment as russian.
- UAF breaks Geneva Convention norms regarding the protection of civilians during wartime.
- russian invaders’ offensive of Z and V armies in Chornobyl NPP and Zaporizhya NPP is allegedly due to a threat of nuclear weapon development on the Nuclear Plants.
- Civialian evacuation will be monitored by drones so that UAF wouldn’t disrupt it.
- Specific forms and senses in Joe Biden’s speech confirm that putin’s words are honest and correct.
And now – THE TRUTH:
- As of 07.03, UAF had destroyed: over 11000 enemy personnel, 290 tanks, 999 armored vehicles, 117 artillery systems, 46 planes, 68 helicopters, 3 ships, and boats.
- It is russian invaders who open fire on civilians. From 24.02 4:00 to 0:00 5.03 Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights has confirmed 1123 instances of civilian death or injury: 364 dead and 707 injured.
- Energrodar and nearby settlements are on the verge of humanitarian catastrophe due to russian invaders’ actions. That’s their current plan. russian invaders force Zaporizhya NPP management to approve all their decisions with invaders. There were 500 occupants on Zaporizhya NPP, while Chornobyl NPP got 1000 occupants.
- It is russian invaders disrupt civilian evacuation in Bucha, Irpin, Volnovakha, Mariupol, Energodar, and other cities.
- putin lies pretty much every minute. The proof.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 13:00 on March 7
- occupants fight for Kharkiv until the end because it is alleged that there was a nuclear weapon development facility.
- russian and pro-russian telegram channels criticize Iryna Vereschuk’s
decision to turn down russian offers to organize humanitarian convoys to evacuate Ukrainians to russia and belarussia. Meanwhile, UAF continues to open fire on humanitarian corridors in Mariupol.
- moscow is dissatisfied with Germany’s decision to send weapons to Ukraine. The reason: those weapons might get in the hands of marauders and terrorists.
- russian invaders threaten the civilians: those who are not happy to see invaders will have the same fate as every other “nazi.” Liberation, eh?
- Ukrainian Authorities asking civilians to come out for peaceful protests is actually to use them as human shields for the Ukrainian military.
And now – THE TRUTH!
- 209 killed in Kharkiv Oblast, including 133 civilians. Reminder: nuclear weapons in Ukraine are russian fantasies. Ukraine follows its commitments to international agreements and does not develop any nuclear weapon, nor does it have the capacity to do so.
- it is russia disrupts humanitarian corridors by opening fire on civilians trying to evacuate. Arranging humanitarian corridors to russia and belarussia while these countries attack Ukraine – is unacceptable.
- On February 26th, Germany decided to provide Ukraine with 1000 anti-tank weapons and 500 Stinger rockets.
- Civialians going at peaceful protests against occupations are doing it voluntarily. Such protests currently occur in Starobilsk (Luhansk Oblast), in Melitopol, in Kherson. Yesterday, Crimea Tatar-led anti-occupation protest took place in Chongar (Kherson Oblast). At the same time, russian invaders opened fire on protesters in Nova Kahovka. There are dead and injured.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 16:00 on March 6
- russian invaders sent their humanitarian help to Luhansk Oblast
- Azov Battalion asks Mariupol residents to stay in shelters and don’t evacuate. This means UAF intentionally disrupts civilian evacuation.
- Samsung supports the «Z» army in its fight against fascism in Ukraine.
- pushing: Ukrainian military were planning to attack Crimea and Donbas in summer 2022Українські військові планували атакувати Крим і Донбас навесні 2022-го.
- USA sent 15 biolaboratories to Ukraine to prepare new bacteria to poison everything around.
And now – THE TRUTH
- Evacuation vehicles were unable to move out of Mariupol as russian invaders kept shelling the city.
- Samsung Electronics stopped selling their products in russia.
- On February 21st, russia made a spectacle out of recognizing “lnr/dnr”: the security council meeting was pre-recorded, as were numerous videos of the so-called leaders of the so-called republics. All this points out that it was russia who created a casus belli for themselves to start a full-scale invasion.
- this is not the first time russian attempted to launch a disinformation campaign about US biolaboratories. Interestingly, the very same lies were repeated by MPs from OPZZh. US Embassy in Ukraine has already debunked these claims. In addition, the Secret Service of Ukraine denied the existence of such “foreign” laboratories and pointed out that Ukrainian laboratories get financing from the state budget and are directly subordinate under Ministry of Health.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 13:00 on March 6
- Kyiv plans to create a “dirty” bomb in Chornobyl.
- Ukrainian nazis threaten Melitopol residents who take humanitarian help from russian invaders.
- Territorial Defense Forces of Kherson were preparing a terrorist act during a peaceful protest.
- Ukrainian Authorities declined to guarantee a ceasefire in Mariupol and Volnovakha.
And now – THE TRUTH
- Ukraine has signed the Budapest Memorandum with the UK, the USA, and russia. The latter does not honor the agreement. According to the Budapest Memorandum, Ukraine renounced nuclear weapons. In return, USA, UK, and russia promised not to infringe on Ukraine’s sovereignty. However, the agreement does not specify how to implement these security guarantees. Ukraine abandoning the Budapest Memorandum doesn’t mean Ukraine can restore its nuclear arsenal as the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (which Ukraine had signed in 1994) prohibits such actions. Violating the Treaty means extensive economic and political sanctions (just like what happened to Iran).
- It was russian invaders who opened fire on peaceful Ukrainian protests.
- Kherson and Kherson Oblast residents come out on peaceful protests with Ukrainian flags against russian invaders.
- russian invaders occupy Mariupol and Volnovakha while civilians wait for humanitarian corridors. Humanitarian help from Dnipro and Zaporizhya is going to Mariupol.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 19:00 on March 5
- Ukrainian occupational forces spent 8 years marauding and terrorizing the local population of parts of Donetsk and Luhansk Oblast.
- Kyiv declines to arrange humanitarian corridors in Kharkiv, Sumy, and Energodar.
- UAF in Bucha fires from residential housings.
- Due to Ukraine’s interference, only 3 families managed to evacuate from Mariupol. And they were fired upon by UAF. Ukrainian Authorities didn’t bother to warn anyone about the humanitarian corridor.
- kadyrov: Zelenskiy must give the power to the legitimate president – yanukovych, who betrayed his country, fled its people, and stopped being relevant as soon as russia took over Crimea.
And now THE TRUTH
- Ukrainian Armed Forces in Luhansk and Donetsk protected the territories under Ukrainian control. All this time, Ukraine had numerous support programs for Eastern Oblast residents and displaced people.
- russian invaders are the reason why humanitarian corridors are impossible. They keep on firing all the time. Today’s attempt to evacuate Mariupol and Volnovakha fell apart because of that.
- The most dangerous directions in Kyiv Oblast are Zhytomyr highway, Bucha, Irpin, Hostomel, Makarov, and the northern Vyshgorod area. russian invaders continue to shell residential housings and civilian infrastructure. The entire Kyiv Oblast is under a threat of air raids. In addition, there are still recon groups to deal with.
- russian invaders ignore international humanitarian organizations’ appeals (Red Cross and the likes) to arrange a ceasefire and let evacuate civilians.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 14:00 on March 5
- “Ukrainian-nazi junta” blows up its own railroads and disrupts evacuation of their own citizens so that they can use them as “human shields.”
- in the meantime, “dnr” claims that “Ukrainian militants” prevent civilian evacuation in Mariupol. According to russian fake news media, Ukrainian Armed Forces also prevent civilian evacuation.
- Zelenskiy was several times transferred from Lviv to the NATO base in Poland.
- russian army does not apply scorched earth tactics at all. It just looks like that, but it is definitely not.
- illya kiva: “Zelenskiy had lost his connection to reality. All of his western partners had turned their backs on him.”
and now – THE TRUTH
- russian invaders blew up the railroads in Kyiv Oblast.
- Evacuations in Mariupol and Volnovakha fell apart because the russian military resumed fire.
- On March 4th, Zelenskiy confirmed in his video address that he is in Kyiv.
- On March 5th, UAF shot an enemy plane that had 3 FAB-500 bombs. russian occupants bombed local CHP in Okhtyrka (Sumska Oblast). Shelling of one of Fastiv region villages caused a fire in 8 houses.
- 141 countries support a UN General Assembly “Aggression against Ukraine”. According to Ukraine’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, 38 countries had closed their airspace for russian planes.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 18:00 on March 4
- Zelenskiy has been long evacuated from Kyiv. He’s probably not even in Lviv. He’s in Poland. Meanwhile, there are reports that Olena Zelenska was seen on French beaches.
- the USA and The Collective West want to cancel sanctions against russia. Someone’s off their meds.
- pro-russian traitor azarov: NATO planned to base 4 military brigades in Ukraine. Air Brigade was even nuclear-capable. By the end of 2022, NATO planned to provoke a conflict with russia with nuclear weapons. Meanwhile, russians straight up shell Nuclear Power Plant in Zaporizhya.
- Chernihiv City Authorities keep the population in nazi occupation.
- russian military, unlike UAF, provides food and medicine to the occupied territories. It is probably all vodka.
- UAF plunder Volnovakha stores and run over city residents. Upon retreat, they also fired rockets into civilian infrastructure.
- Kharkiv is under marauder and nazi battalion rule. Whatever that means.
- Ukrainian propaganda supposedly spreads fake news about Youtube, Google, and Facebook, stopping its operation in russia.
And now – THE TRUTH
- Reports about President Zelenskiy’s evacuation are a part of the demoralization campaign of russian propaganda.
- sanctions against russia are intact and grow stronger with each passing day. Even Switzerland, which was neutral until very recently, had implemented sanctions against russia: export ban for certain oil products and various space- air-related products and tech; restrictions on securities trading, issuing loans or accepting deposits; freezing putin’s cronies assets.
- NATO never provoked any conflicts against other countries. The russian invasion goes on for 9 days – it is all russian doing. Just remember how putin used pre-recorded security council meeting to declare a war.
- russian invader shell Chernihiv with Grads and Uragans. The russian military keeps on shelling residential housings and civilian infrastructure.
- It is russian invaders who attack Volnovakha. Just today, Ukrainian Anti-air units shot down an enemy SU-25 fighter jet. And then UAF shot down russian bomber SU-34, which was followed by Mi-8 helicopter to retrieve a pilot, so UAF shot it down too.
- russian invaders shell Kharkiv all the time. The city needs green corridors to receive humanitarian help, yet russian block such efforts with their relentless shelling.
- No one in Ukraine says that YouTube, Google, or Facebook stopped working in russia. russian propaganda channels get blocked left, right and center because of their shameless lies. YouTube blocked a lot of russian propaganda channels: Channel One, rossiya 24 and rossiya 1, TASS, RIA Novosti, RBC, Zvezda TV Channel, among others. Meanwhile, Alphabet (Google’s mother company) banned YouTube monetization for RT propaganda media At the same time, it is russia that blocks Facebook for its citizens. It is easy to lose the train of thought when you lie that much.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 22:00 on March 3
- Several Territorial Community websites were hacked. russian invaders put on a fake president address announcing capitulation. In addition, the russia can go as far as creating a deepfake video with the president announcing surrender.
- russia is ready to provide humanitarian help to Kherson, Sumska, and Kharkivska Oblasts. Meanwhile, Ukrainians block “green” and humanitarian corridors and keep city residents “occupied.”
- “neo-nazis” opened fire on Chinese students trying to flee Kharkiv.
- UAF set landmines in Kyiv and Kharkiv
And now – it is time for THE TRUTH
- Counterdisinformation Center warns: any capitulation announcements are fake. They are nothing more than yet another provocation attempt from russian invaders. Here’s how you can distinguish deep fakes from real videos:
– the plausibility of content: the enemy will try to show us something relatively easy to believe from a person we trust the most.
– sound: the voice can differ a lot. Finding a voice actor with a 100% match is almost impossible. Voice synthesizers also lack the natural texture of the voice. This aspect alone makes the production of such video an exercise in futility;
– the quality of the face mask: deepfake video can’t do swift movements and textured faces (wrinkles, stubble, beard, deepfake can’t handle eye movement well);
– if you look at the video frame by frame – you can see deep fake artifacts in head movement and facial expressions. Here’s an excellent tool to do that – InVid
- «green corridor» is yet another tactical instrument of russian invaders. They kidnap people under the pretense of “saving” them, “evacuating” them to the “safe place.” russian invaders did this in Irpin, Kharkiv, Mariupol, and other cities even though there was no blockage. russian invaders used this method for the first time in Ilovaisk, and it was a big tragedy. Now, russian invaders are trying to do “evacuation” to present themselves as peacekeepers (who shell civilian residential housings nevertheless)
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 19:00 on March 3
- Human rights of people living in the Donbas region weren’t UN’s concern for 8 years.
- Alternate reality: Ukrainian prisoners of war allegedly confessed to russian invaders that they were not warned about russian “special operation.” In addition, Ukrainian Armed Forces allegedly use children for provocations, while Territorial Defense Force uses ambulance cars as a cover.
- Fake: Zelenskiy is allegedly captured near Volnovakha while hiding in the bushes.
- Cynicism: russia’s minister of foreign affairs sergey lavrov claims that russian military use only high-precision weapons and attack only military structures, and they never fire on army barracks
- russian fake news media show Zaporizhya while talking about Kharkiv, they said: “everything is fine in Kharkiv, we don’t bomb anyone.”
And now – THE TRUTH:
- UN has handled Donbas’ humanitarian issues since 2014.
- russian propaganda distorts all facts: the russian military had no idea where they were going, the russian military organize “evacuations” to use civilians as human shields, the russian military hijack police and ambulance cars to break into the cities.
- following russian invaders’ logic: they caught Zelenskiy arounв 10 in the morning (when these “news” started to “surface”), then how he was addressing Ukrainians throughout the day with up-to-date information?
- According to lavrov logic, shelling hospitals in Zaporizhya Oblast or destroying regional hospital in Chernihiv, shelling kindergartens and residential housings in Kharkiv, firing into Energodar schools, Kyiv TV Tower and Babyn Yar and a couple of hundred more examples – does it looks like they’re firing at “military structures with high-precision weapons”?
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 22:00 on March 2
- Manipulation: anti-russian sanctions can also harm Ukraine because Ukraine buys russian gas from the EU.
- Predictable fake news: Zelenskiy is ready to give up Crimea and “lnr\dnr” within the border on 24.02.2022.
- Demoralization: more and more Ukrainian military surrender their weapon or run away.
- Alternate reality: російським військовим потрібен мир, а нашим – лише бліцкриг.
- Cynicism: Ukrainian Armed Forces place their equipment near residential housings.
- Lies Lies Lies: Horlivka is under dnr/russia control.
And now – THE TRUTH:
- Ukraine doesn’t buy russian gas since November 2015. Since then, Ukraine has bought gas from EU countries, and since the EU owns it, its origin doesn’t really matter.
- Hybrid War: All sorts of announcements about capitulation or renunciation of our territorial integrity are russian FAKES that Ukrainian Authorities predicted and warned about. Deepfake videos seem to be russian propaganda’s new toy. Ukrainian authorities report that russian invaders are trying to produce a deepfake of Zelenskiy declaring surrender.
- russian invaders don’t need peace, and it was putin who planned blitzkrieg, and he failed miserably. According to various estimates, russians planned to take over Ukraine in 3-15 days. Overestimation of their capacity is a russian trademark feature.
- Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council Olexiy Danilov confirms that Horlivka is under Ukrainian Armed Forces’ control.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 19:00 on March 2
- Fake: Korban and Filatov plan to blame russians by collecting bodies in local morgues and dropping them on the streets of “dnepropetrovsk” (Dnipro, you dummies), Kryviy Rig and Novomoscovsk.
- Destabilization: clashes in Kyiv are nothing more than armed confrontations between Territorial Defence Forces and Ukrainian Armed Forces.
- Extortion: unknowns seem to collect money to support the Kherson bakery plant.
- Possible provocation: Rivno Territorial Defense will mine Rivno Nuclear Power Plant. Meanwhile, russia wants to take over Zaporizhya NPP to save it from UAF provocations.
- russia’s ministry of defense: russian military allegedly managed to negotiate with the Kherson elite to get the city’s life back to normal.
- Manipulation: Lots of Ukrainians are trying to leave the country with Hungarian passports.
- Alternate Reality: All world countries are trying to destroy Zelenskiy. And he knows that only russia can “save” him. Yeah, sure.
- Warped reality: UAF and Aidar battalion took the entire population of Mariupol hostage.
- Demoralization attempt: Berdyansk Residents thank occupants for “saving” them. It’s a hard case of apophenia.
And now – THE TRUTH:
- it is russia who genocides Ukrainian People. 2000 dead during 7 days of the war, discounting military. National Emergency Service neutralized 400 fires evacuated over 500 people. Pyrotechnicians neutralized 416 explosive devices.
- The Battle of Kyiv Rages On! The enemy shelled Bila Tserkva on the night of Marth 2nd. There were armed clashes in Bucha and Hostomel. Later in the day, Ukrainian Armed Forces had liberated Makariv (Kyiv Oblast) and established their outpost.
- Kherson State Administration debunks fake news about donations for bakery plant.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 23:00 on March 1
- Demoralization: There is no captured russian military equipment. Only abandoned, damaged, or broken.
- Pseudo fact-checking extravaganza: photos of the Kyiv TV Tower bombings victims are fake because bodies can get to such a state only after 4-6 hours.
- Alternate reality: it is dangerous in Ukrainian cities and on the roads because there are many armed people, and authorities ask people to use Molotov cocktails actively.
- Scare tactics: russian invaders plan to destroy everything except for Western regions of Ukraine.
And now – it is time for THE TRUTH
- Ukrainian Armed Forces and even civilians managed to capture A LOT of russian military equipment. National Agency on Corruption Prevention states that you don’t need to declare captured russian tanks because it doesn’t exceed 100 subsistence minimums (248 100 UAH).
- when russians do “fack-checking,”… they only distort the truth further. People really died because of the bombing of the Kyiv TV Tower. The video shows that it happened near the TV Tower at Babyn Yar due to a rocket attack.
- Territorial defense protects civilians. It is russian invaders who harm them. At the same time, Territorial Defense Forces need your help. The Head of Sumy State Administration states that Territorial Defense Forces protects 1,1 million Sumy oblast residents.
- In the meantime, Odesa mayor Gennady Trukhanov and Head of the Military Civil administration Sergiy Grynevetskiy are actively sabotaging Odesa Territorial Defense Forces. Babel journalists got the document addressed to heads of territorial communities – it says that people who join TDF have to mobilize into UAF.
- The Battle for Ukraine Rages on! The enemy is unable to capture any big city. Not for the lack of trying, but Ukrainian Armed Forces make them regret every moment of their invasion.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 18:00 on March 1
- Nope: Kyiv TV Tower is destroyed.
- Lies: Kharkiv State Administration was shelled with Ukrainian “Smerch” and “Vilha.”
- pushilin: Ukraine attacks russia with Tochka U armed with phosphorous warheads.
- Fake news: Zaporizhya Nuclear Station is under russian control.
- Demoralization attempt: UAF soldiers desert and switch sides to join russian forces.
- Dangerous provocation: russian army + “people’s militia of dnr” “create” safe passages for Mariupol residents.
- Confession: russian invaders don’t care about Ukrainian civilians, even though russian propaganda claims the opposite.
And now – THE TRUTH
- Kyiv TV Tower still stands, although damaged. The TV broadcast was interrupted for some time, but the transmission was restored. Suspilne platforms work without disruption.
- russian invaders plan to destroy Sofia Kyivska. it seems like they’ve found a military base there.
- Tochka U rockets don’t have phosphorus. In addition, Ukraine doesn’t have weapons that contain phosphorus. Also, using phosphorus on the battlefield is banned by UN.
- Ukrainian Nuclear Power Stations work as usual. Zaporizhzhya NPP is under Ukrainian control.
- russian “safe passages” or “evacuation” are actually kidnapping. They use civilians as human shields for their atrocities. It is a cold, cynical lie. russian invaders kill Ukrainians in cold blood, and they destroy civilian infrastructure claiming that it was all “military.” Right now, Mariupol is under the barrages of russian artillery.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 16:00 on March 1
- Betrayal: Head of Mykhailivska United Territorial Community (Zaporizhska Oblast) – Volodymyr Rykun of OPZG agreed to collaborate with occupants.
- Provocation: Ukrainian Government and President Zelenskiy are preparing to surrender the country.
- Cyberthreat: some chatbots ask people to photograph their faces, leave their personal data and tell about property damage and details about the enemy activity.
- Warped reality: Schastya residents saw how Ukrainian nazis raped, burgled the city, and buried people alive.
And now – THE TRUTH
- Those who collaborate with the enemy are guilty of treason. Residents of the occupied cities are living in danger.
- Secret Service of Ukraine warning: to convince everyone that Ukraine surrenders, the enemy will spread fake documents, redubbed videos, fake voice recordings, text messages, pretty much everything they can use to disorient and scare people. Because of that, communications sabotage is expected.
- There are no official chatbots that gather the personal data of Ukrainian citizens. There are official bots that collect information about the russian invasion. Official Secret Service bot @stop_russian_war_bot
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 00:00 on March 1
- Panic generation: russian invaders call Ukrainians to turn off automatic mobile network operator selection because “enemies” use these devices for their mobile network.
- Dangerous provocation: russian invaders announce evacuation in Vasylkiv to kidnap people and use them as human shields.
- Provocation inside out: lnr “people’s militia” terrorists claim Ukrainian Armed Forces provocations will be near Severodonetsk chemical plant.
- Manipulation: Ukrainians are forced to commit suicide by throwing themselves in front of russian military equipment.
- Blatant lie: russia’s ministry of defense claims that Ukrainian Air Forces are dismantled.
And now it is time for the truth:
- None of the official representatives in the communications field – Ministry of Digital Transformation, State Special Communications – never reported about such threats. Secret Service of Ukraine debunked this fake news.
- None of the state authorities – neither National Emergency Service, nor Kyiv State Administration or Kyiv Oblast Authorities never reported about evacuation in Vasylkiv. It is a provocation from russian invaders.
- Every time “lnr\dnr” “representatives” “say” “something” about Ukrainian Armed Forces “preparing provocations,” – it means that russian invaders are preparing a provocation.
- Ukrainians aren’t forced to commit suicide. However, there are numerous videos of city residents attacking the enemy and taking over their equipment.
- Ukrainian Air Force is hard at work. For example, “Kyiv Ghost” had already shot down 14 enemy aircrafts.
- russian invaders destroy electricity infrastructure in Mariupol and Kharkiv.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 20:00 on February 28
- Fake news: Ukrainian Armed Forces and National Guard consist of punitive battalions.
- Illusion of safety: there are no bombings and explosions. City residents hide in shelters because they are scared. Everyone else simply walks around the city and sleeps in their apartments.
- Alternative Facts: russia’s so-called “special operation” is to protect russia from Ukraine wanting to use nuclear weapons against russia. Oddly enough, Ukraine doesn’t have any nuclear weapons, while russia has a lot of nuclear weapons.
- Gloomy cynicism: Ukrainian Armed Forces are firing on temples and other religious sites in Kharkiv.
- Demoralization: Ukrainian Armed Forces Western Divisions refuse to help Kyiv.
And now it is time for THE TRUTH:
- Punitive battalions is russian propaganda’s one of the favorite terms since 2014. russia attempts to put on the blame and responsibility for their numerous crimes on Ukrainian Armed Forces.
- There were several air raid alarms due to a rocket attack after the conclusion of the third round of negotiations
Now, it is critical to remain in shelters. Nothing is safe.
- Ukraine doesn’t have any nuclear weapons because Ukraine got rid of them due to the Budapest Memorandum of 1994. And even then, those nuclear weapons were under russian control.
- It is the russian military who open fire on civilians, their houses, and civilian infrastructure.
- There is no official confirmation that Ukrainian Armed Forces Western Divisions refuse to help Kyiv.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 16:00 on February 28
- Disrespect: David Arachamia allegedly started negotiations while wearing a cap.
- Dangerous provocations: russian invaders ask russian sympathizers to send them photos and videos of Ukrainian Armed Forces movements.
- Demoralization: Negotiations are merely a public relations ploy for Ukraine.
- Manipulation: EU doesn’t want Ukraine to join.
- Alternative Facts: russian occupants “help” with organizing “safe passages.”
That was blatant lies. Now’s the real talk:
- Councilor of the Head of President’s Office Olexiy Arestovych reports that the Ukrainian delegation for negotiations demands complete withdrawal of russian troops from Ukrainian territories, including Crimea and Donbas.
- Under any circumstances – never share any photo, video, text information of the Ukrainian Armed Forces. Don’t help the enemy.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 14:00 on February 28
- russia’s defense ministry claims that the russian military had taken over Zaporizhian Atomic Station and maintains complete control over its location.
- fear campaign: Kyiv is in critical panic. Ukrainian Armed Forces and Territorial Defense are scared of russians and shoot civilian cars. Armed marauders attack Kyiv.
- Dangerous provocation: russian fake news media claim that Kyiv-Vasylkiv road is safe and civilians can flee Kyiv through it.
- Demoralization: russian invaders claim they have the majority of Ukrainian Armed Forces are surrounded.
- doublespeak: russian fake news media allege that Ukrainian authorities recruit crisis actors in Ukrainian chats for false flag operations.
- Lies about Mariupol: fake news media reports claim that “Ukrainian nazi” plunder the city and plant bombs.
And now – THE TRUTH!
- Energoatom press secretary Leonid Oliynyk states that Zaporizhian Atomic Station is under Ukrainian control and work under regular protocols.
- Ukrainian Armed Forces and Territorial Defense Forces protect civilians. It is russian invaders who open fire on civilians. UAF and TDF are cleaning the city from enemy scouts. Because of that, Kyiv State Administration asks Kyiv residents to avoid needless movements through the city.
- There are no official statements regarding safe passage out of Kyiv through Kyiv-Vasylkiv road. Please follow Kyiv State Administration, National Emergency Service, and other authorities for the latest updates.
- The Battle for Ukraine Rages On! Kharkiv curfew is extended due to sabotage and reconnaissance group neutralization. Kyiv oblast – there are clashes in the Vyshgorod direction. There was a rocket strike on Chernihiv. Zhytomyr airport was attacked from Belarus. Later in the night, Zhytomyr Territorial Defense eliminated enemy sabotage an
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 23:00 on February 27
- Downscaling: Russian Defense ministry at the first time admitted war losses. They report about only 300 dead
Videofake: alleged destruction of Zaporizhzhya airport
- Alternative reality: an occupant says that nationalists settle at schools and afterwards the media show that a school was allegedly damaged by Russians
- Propaganda media distribute a series of videos where allegedly captured Ukrainian soldiers (or border guards) from Zmiiny island surrendered
Now the truth:
- As of 18:00 February 27, Ukrainian army killed 4500 enemies and destroyed hundreds of military vehicles and equipment.
- There are no official reports on destruction of Zaporizhzhya airport. This video was broadcasted yesterday and shows liquidation of gunmen group near Melitopol
- Because of the invaders cities of Shchastya, Stanytsia Luhanska and Volnovakha are at the brink of humanitarian catastrophy.
- By now we know only that defenders of Zmiiny island may be alive. Russian propaganda produces different numbers of captured people – 13 or 82, and also interchangeably calls them army personnel or border guards.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 19:00 on February 27
- Provocation: russian occupants ask Kyiv civilians to come out of the shelters and housings in yet another act of psychological warfare.
- Fake news: George Soros allegedly compared Ukrainian Armed Forces with Waffen-SS. By the way, George Soros is a Holocaust survivor.
- Cynicism: Kharkiv got water and electricity cut off. Meanwhile, the Ukrainian military uses civilians as human shields. In addition, “Ukrainian nationalists” are to blame for the attack on Kharkiv School #132. And don’t forget about accusations of UAF firing on Ukrainian civilian infrastructure.
- Alternative Facts: “Ukrainian People are thankful for the “liberation.” russian fake news media outlets insist that that is the truth and not what is actually the truth.
OK, that was the lies, and this is THE TRUTH
- There is curfew in Kyiv. No one is evacuating anyone.
- George Soros’ message doesn’t have any mentions of Waffen-SS
- Ukrainian Armed Forces, National Police, Territorial Defence Forces are cleaning up Kharkiv from enemy activity. because of that, Kharkiv curfew is extended to 6:00 for tomorrow.
- Only russian occupants open fire on the civilian infrastructure. For example, here’s National Emergency Service’s report on Chernihiv damage from today – housings, children’s dentist office, 16 injured.
- Zhytomyr airport was attacked by rockets from belarus. At the same time, treacherous belarus self-proclaimed president lukashenko promised President Zelenskiy that belarus would remain neutral in the russian invasion. what a twat.
- Some good news: EU closes its airspace for russia
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 17:00 on February 27
- an alleged “evacuation” takes place in Bucha. According to some reports, invaders take women from maternity houses.
- Demoralization attempt: dnr ombudsman claims that the Ukrainian military complains about their commanders leaving them behind. The same argument is used regarding the defenders of the Zmiyiniy Island.
- Blatant, obvious lies: russia’s defense ministry accuses Ukrainian Armed Forces of using weapons with phosphorus. Some reports claim that UAF uses it in the Kyiv suburbs.
- cynicism: russian occupants accuse the Ukrainian Armed Forces of demolishing АN-225 “Mriya.”
- Same old song and dance about nazism: Azov battalion’s cruelty is used as an argument for the existence of nazism in Ukraine.
- Alternative facts: Ukrainians are happy to share provisions with russian scum.
That was lies, and now let’s hear the truth
- Ukrainian authorities do not evacuate civilians from Bucha. It is russian occupants who attempt to capture civilians and use them as human shields for their atrocities in yet another attempt to invade Kyiv.
- Ukraine doesn’t use phosphorous weapons or any other chemical weapons. Not only that, Ukraine doesn’t even have chemical weapons. Furthermore, chemical weapons are banned by the UN.
- russian invaders demolished “Mriya.”
- There is an alarm in Kharkiv, Rivne, Chernihiv, Zhytomyr, and Volyn. There is a reported presence of Iskander rocket complexes in Rivne Oblast.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 15:00 on February 27
- Ukrainian Armed Forces in Kharkiv surrender their weapons. Zaporizhya local authorities also surrender their weapons.x
- Kyiv presumably agreed to negotiate in Gomel.
- “Evacuation” in Bucha. russian invaders create group chats in different city districts.
- Panic generation: fake news media reports about immense demand for food supply, growing prices for bread, and the general absence of food in stores.
- russian fake news outlets accuse Estonia of discriminating against the russian-speaking population.
And now – it is time for the truth!
- Kharkiv Oblast Administration: Ukrainian Armed Forces maintain complete control over Kharkiv None of the Ukrainian soldiers surrendered their weapons.
- There was no official statement from the President’s Office regarding negotiations in Gomel. The only confirmed fact is that President Zelenskyy had a conversation with belarus self-proclaimed president lukashenko.
russian forces move in the Zaporizhya direction, but the city is by no means occupied. Ukrainian Armed Forces protect it from enemy attacks.
- Ukrainian authorities deny any evacuation activities in Bucha. This might be a provocation from russian invaders. Group chats for evacuation can be used to gather civilian personal data. Don’t take part in any suspicious group chats.
- russian scum feels the heat of the moment: ruble’s course to US dollar is already 100 rub/$, russian banks are on the verge of SWIFT disconnect, big transnational companies stop providing services to russia and stop selling products to russia.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 12:00 on February 27
- russian threats, provocations, disinformation as 27.02.2022 12:00
- russian bombing campaign blasted the “Radon Union” radioactive waste disposal facility.
- Ukrainian neo-nazi take civilians as live shields and provoke the russian military to fire on civilian housing.
- Kyiv’s Ukrainian Armed Forces and Territorial Defense are ready to shoot each other.
- Alternate reality: russian fake news telegram channels quote an unknown “kiev” resident: “We’re waiting when russians take over the city and bring order down here.”
That was blatant, shameless, cynical lies.
Time for The Truth!
- “Radon Union” Deputy Director of Production reports: “There was no radionuclide leak in the containment structure. The radiation background is within norm”.
- occupants open fire on civilians and attack civilian structures. According to Ukrainian Emergency Service: Kharkiv – russian shell hit 9-store housing complex, 1 woman dead. Sumy – artillery strike killed 1 man and wounded 1 woman. Borodyanka of Bychach region of Kyiv Oblast – russian shell hit a house and killed 3 people. Kyiv – 2 dead, 6 injured due to an artillery strike. Overall, there are 6 dead civilians in Kyiv for the previous day.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 20:00 on February 26
- Alternate reality: the russian military think that Europe should be thankful for russia’s takeover of Chornobyl Atomic Station. Because otherwise, it would’ve been used by UAF.
- more bizarro land bollocks: Ukraine uses Grads on civilian housings. Meanwhile, russians don’t use Grads on civilians despite proof of the opposite.
- C for Cynicism: none of russian forces or soldier invade Ukraine to kill anyone. They’re here to “stop this lawlessness”. Yeah, sure.
- russian media circulates video of exploding dam that limits the water supply to Crimea.
And now – it is time for The Truth!
- russian military took over Ukrainian Chornobyl Atomic Station and keeps its workers and Ukrainian soldiers hostages. These actions are direct threat to entire Europe. As of 20:00, Chornobyl station operation in regular mode, but the personnel is detained.
- russian invaders shell Ukrainian cities with Grads. Here’s a couple of examples from today – Sumy, Chernihiv, Mykolayiv та Kherson.
- on the other hand – russian invaders struggle to notice how they kill Ukrainian civilians and destroy civilian infrastructure. It is russia who produces lawlessness on our land.
- There is no official confirmation from Ukrainian authorities about the dam destruction.
Latest THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 17:00 on February 26
- criminals-nationalists receive weapons in Kyiv.
- distorting reality – instead of anti-war protests in russia, russian media depicts instance of war support.
- demoralization attempt – 82 ukrainian soldiers stationed on the Zmiyiniy Island allegedly surrendered their weapons. Similar fake news come from Sumska, Donetsk and Luhansk Oblast. In case of the latter two – this information is spread by ORDLO collaborants.
- fearmongering – there is no bread in Kyiv stores.
And now – it is time for The Truth.
- Weapons could be given to anyone capable and is ready for defense. To get a weapon, you have to apply to the Territorial Defense Forces with your ID.
- anti-war protests continue across the world and even in russia. Protest map attached. kremlin condemn every public speaker who condemn russian invasion. russian police tries to quell protests.
- Ukrainian Border Control reports that defenders of Zmiyiniy Island might be held captive in Crimea.
- messages about closed stores and lack of bread started to circulate after the start of the curfew. The majority of Kyiv stores closed around 16:00.
Current THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 15:00 on February 26
- The Ukrainian National Guard checks cellars of civilian houses and declares armed civilians russian saboteurs.
- The Ukrainian Secret Service plans bloody provocations.
- Kadyrov’s flags started to appear in Ukraine
- Ukrainian nationalists allegedly block civilians from leaving Severodonetsk
- Banning russia from SWIFT means a declaration of war.
- Ukrainians attacked their own National Guard and not members of russian guard.
- russian army plans a provocation with chemical compounds in Donbas that they are going to blame on UAF
- Apartment complex in Zhulyany (Kyiv) was hit by captured ukrainian Buk
And now the TRUTH
- National Guard of Ukraine and other Ukrainian Armed Forces protects civilians. To remain safe, civilians need stay home or in shelters during the curfew. The curfew period was expanded for February 26-28 and will be from 17:00 to 8:00
- While there are no solid proof that kadyrov forces are in Ukraine, UAF had captured kadyrov’s scouts.
- Banning russia from SWIF is one of the most powerful sanctions western countries can implement against russia.
- Ukrainians don’t fight their own civilians. It is russian army who opens fire on civilians and civilian infrastructure.
- Unlike russian army, Ukrainian Armed Forces doesn’t practice chemical provocations.
Current THREATS, PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 12:00 on February 26
- After night battles in Kyiv, russian army claimed that territorial defence, UAF, saboteurs and police were fighting among each other and not with russians
- Vasylkiv, Hostomel, Melitopol are presumable under russian control
- russian media attempted to concoct a fake news story about shelling Kyiv Arsenal factory on Pechersk
- russian saboteurs actively communicate with Kyiv locals about ways of getting from Brovary to Boryspil in groups chats and on messengers
- There are provocations that involves calling families and relatives of Ukrainian Armed Forces Servicemen. They use incorrect information to demoralize civilians.
- russian forces staged an airfight over the Chornobyl zone
And now the TRUTH
- UAF and Territorial Defense operates in full sync. It is russian army who attempt diversions and provocations.
- Vasylkiv is under Ukrainian control. Hostomel is liberated. Clashes in Melitopol continue. Stanytsya Luhanska is currently temporarily occupied.
- Arsenal factory was never shelled by russian forces. The video that circulates features innacurate locale and no locals have heard any explosions.
- Exclusion Zone Coordination Headquarters states that Ukrainian Armed Forces is not doing any military operations in the Chornobyl Exclusion Zone.
- How to deflect suspicious messages in group chats – read an instruction in our infographics
Key PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of russia as of 00:00 on February 26
- The CHP-6 was allegedly destroyed in Kyiv, and there are plans to cut off electricity and water supply.
- There are intimidations regarding the movement of the Topol-M ballistic missile on the Moscow Ring Road.
- They claim that Zelensky is ready to accept Putin’s terms, and Kyiv will last no more than one day.
- Rumors are spreading that Zelensky ordered our military to leave the battlefields in Luhansk and Donetsk regions and move to Kharkiv and Kyiv.
And now the TRUTH
- CHP-6 operates in normal mode. There are no plans to cut off electricity or water supply in Kyiv.
- Video with Topol-M is from 2021. It was shot in there as a part of preparations for May 9.
- According to Zelensky’s spokesman Serhiy Nikiforov, it is known that consultations are underway between Ukraine and Russia regarding the place and time of the talks.
- There is no official confirmation that the Armed Forces are leaving eastern Ukraine and moving to Kyiv and Kharkiv. Instead, we know that Severodonetsk, Lysychansk and Rubizhne are under the control of the Armed Forces.
Key russian provocations and disinformation as of 25.02.2022 21:00
- russian media continues to spread disinformation regarding electricity disconnections in Kyiv later in the day.
- Reports from Chernihiv indicate unidentified individuals who went to apartments and called males to mobilize.
- russia’s representative in the European Union claims that russia doesn’t need Ukraine. Whatever that means…
- russia’s ministry of defence claims that the russian military has captured Sumy.
- Demoralization attempt: Ukrainians receive messages from russian phone numbers (presumably from the russian army hotline). Ukrainian troopers receive messages asking them to surrender, leave their weapons and get the right to get back to their families.
The disinformation pieces have no connection to reality. Now it’s time for the truth.
- Ukrenergo states that Ukrainian energy infrastructure operates as usual, and no disconnections are planned.
- The Chernihiv Oblast Administration denies that any military enlistment office representatives visit civilian apartments in attempts to mobilize them (as reported in Chernihiv). Don’t trust these people, don’t talk to them. Report suspicious activities.
- Sumy is under Ukrainian control.
Reminder for Kyiv residents:
- The curfew starts at 22:00. Stay at home or in a shelter.
- If you see any suspicious signs that glow in the dark on the roads, roofs, trees, lampposts, try to cover or destroy them and report them to law enforcement and the military.
- Stay cautious and be prepared to proceed to the closest shelter. Here’s the map of Kyiv shelters.
- Stay tuned with Kyiv City State Administration and Public Broadcaster official channels. Don’t trust any unverified information from suspicious sources.
Key russian provocations and disinformation as of 25.02.2022 17:00
- russian media spread ramzan kadyrov’s video address to 10 thousand chechens. In it, he seemingly demands Volodymyr Zelenskyy apologize to putin.
- russia’s ministry of foreign affairs characterized the goal of the invasion (which they call “an operation”) as “to bring Kyiv’s puppet regime to justice for their crimes.”
- Yet another attempt at demoralization: fake news outlets spread “predictions” from the invading forces. According to them, after the invasion, they will create a new army. In addition to that, they claim that Rubizhne, Kuryachivka, and Lyman are under russian control.
- russian media continue to “report” military successes in Hostomel.
- russian fake news outlets report that invading forces are moving towards the so-called “western border” that was allegedly agreed upon with the USA and NATO. According to these reports, the country will be divided into spheres of influence of the USA/NATO and russia.
- russia’s fear-mongering: the so-called “dpr army” prepares for further successes in the southern direction, cleaning out Ukrainian military equipment. They also claim successes in Melitopol.
- According to russian fake news outlets – the russian plane that Ukrainian Armed Forces shot down in the Darnytsia district was actually Ukrainian. This, as they say, is a mistake of the Ukrainian air defense system, which hit its own fighter.
All of that is blatant lies. Now it is time for the truth.
- There is no official confirmation of chechen participation in the invasion.
- russia’s ministry of foreign affairs discredits itself by announcing its plans to take over Kyiv. These claims contradict their previous statements regarding “an operation” for “liberation of people” from “nazis.”
- The battle for Hostomel continues. Neither the Ukrainian Armed Forces nor the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine has confirmed that Rubizhne, Kuryachivka, or Lyman are under russian control.
- USA and NATO never took part in the alleged sphere of influence division with russia.
- In the Darnytsia district of Kyiv, the air defense system down an enemy aircraft.
Key russian provocations and disinformation as of 25.02.2022 15:00
- russian media calls Ukrainian Armed Forces “Ukrainian criminals/nationalists,” “punitive operations,” “ukrops”. Same old song and dance.
- On the other hand, russian media also uses the term “settlements liberated from Ukrainian Armed Forces control.”
- Numerous fake news pieces claim that the Ukrainian Armed Forces go scorched earth in the most active warzones and killed civilians. Meanwhile, the russian ministry of defense claims the russian army doesn’t shoot in residential neighborhoods, despite evident proof of the opposite.
- russian media posts multiple claims that Volodymyr Zelenskyy is preparing to surrender or admit UAF defeat.
- russia actively looks for who to blame for the dissolution of the Minsk Accords – they blame it on the USA and NATO. This fake news piece is transmitted by Venezuela, russia’s satellite state.
- According to sergey lavrov claims – NATO is allegedly breaking into Ukraine.
- Illya Kiva, a known russian collaborator, accused President Zelenskyy of russia’s invasion and asked him to resign.
However, the reality is way different. Here’s the truth.
- russian military tries to occupy Ukrainian territories. At the moment, the fiercest battles are near Chernihiv, Mariupol, Gostomel, in Sumska Oblast, near Kharkiv, and near Kherson.
- The russian military used “Grad” to shell a kindergarten in Vorzel.
- The russian military used “Uragan” to fire on shelter and kindergarten. There are wounded and killed, including children.
- President Volodymyr Zelenskyy regularly addresses the Ukrainian people. You can follow the latest news on President’s Office official channels. Hee addressed Ukrainian Armed Force in his latest speech: “You are all we have! Stay strong!”.
- USA and NATO support Ukraine in our fight with russia. But it is not them who protect Ukrainians from the russian military invasion. Instead, our foreign partners implement sanctions and condemn russian actions.
- Opposition platform – For life, a known pro-russian political party who transmitted russian propaganda narratives for years. Don’t trust their representatives – they are voices of the enemy.
Key russian provocations and disinformation as of 25.02.2022 12:00
- Ukrainian Armed Forces presumably violate “silence mode” on Donbas.
- Sergey Lavrov attempts to justify war with Ukraine by claiming that the russian invasion will allow Ukrainians to be “free from oppression.”
- Anonymous Telegram channels still claim that russian chechen forces will attack Kyiv. However, now they’re adding that Ramzan Kadyrov will spearhead the attack.
- russia media claims that Ukrainian Armed Forces demolished a school in Gorlivka and which caused the death of 2 women.
- russian media often describes the Ukrainian Armed Forces as “armed groups.”
- russian and pro-russian telegram channels spread unconfirmed, often false, and demoralizing news almost every minute.
- russia launched a massive phishing cyberattack against the Ukrainian people.
- pro-russian channels spread fake news about Secret Service of Ukraine doing citizen checks with QR codes.
All this is blatant lies. Here’s the truth.
- What “silence mode” russian media are talking about? After russia invaded Ukraine – Minsk Accords ceased to exist.
- russia started a full-blown open war against Ukraine. It is not an “operation,” as they call it. russia doesn’t liberate anyone. Instead, they are attempting to destroy the Ukrainian state, democracy, and economy.
- There is no verified information regarding the chechen armed forces in Ukraine or Kyiv.
- Ukrainian Armed Forces do not destroy civilian infrastructure and don’t kill civilians. You can’t say that about the russian military who continue their terrorist attacks and disinformation aimed at the Ukrainian Armed Forces’ reputation.
- The Center for Countering Disinformation made a list of telegram channels that spread russian disinformation. Here’s the list.
- Due to the russian phishing cyberattack, Ukrainians receive messages from unknown senders with suspicious links. In addition, The Secret Service of Ukraine already denied the fake news about QR citizen check-ups.
Key russian provocations and disinformation as of 25.02.2022 02:00
- russian media started using the term “former Ukraine” in their “news” reports.
- Fake news piece that claimed, according to “CNN sources” – Moscow is going to shell Kyiv at 3:00.
- Faux warning that after 23:00, everyone needs to turn off electronic devices and save electricity.
- There were fake news reports that the Secret Service of Ukraine will tap Ukrainian phones, listen to conversations and monitor messenger services.
All this are blatant lies. Now – let’s get to The Truth
- Ukraine is a sovereign, independent, democratic, social, legal state. These are facts. putin and his cronies can make up their euphemisms all they want – it doesn’t reflect the actual state of things.
- We haven’t found a CNN news piece or video that claimed that russians are going to shell Kyiv at 3:00.
- UkrEnergo denied the claim about electronic devices and electricity. Ukrainian electricity infrastructure operates as usual and will continue to do so. No one needs to turn off anything, and no one turns it on at night.
- The Secret Service of Ukraine doesn’t tap conversations of Ukrainians, whether it’s mobile or messenger. In fact, this fake news piece has been making rounds since 2017 via russian or russian-affiliated media due to the so-called “Yarovaya law.” For example, in early 2022, the very same message circulated in the context of Kazakhstan protests. Interestingly, the text was pretty much the same. In Ukraine, these messages started to spread a couple of days before the russian invasion. Now, these messages reach their peak circulation.
Key PROVOCATIONS and DISINFO of Russia as of 22:00
- Russian propagandists justify the security forces who suppress rallies against the war in Russia.
- They began to disperse the narrative of “sitting at the negotiating table” more.
- They emphasize that “the city authorities have fled, the Ukrainians are also fleeing.”
- They continue to call the Ukrainian military “Nazis” and say that the Armed Forces is shelling residential buildings.
- Intimidation of Chechens has emerged.
And now the TRUTH
- Russia suppresses all manifestations of democracy in its country. The totalitarian regime does not need opposition.
- As a result of the Russian invasion, as of February 24, 57 Ukrainians were killed, and another 169 were injured. Negotiation table, they say?
- A few hours ago, Defense Minister Oleksiy Reznikov explained that government officials are not leaving their jobs. However, according to the security protocol, as well as for urgent meetings, it is necessary to change the location.
- The Armed Forces of Ukraine are currently fighting fierce battles for Melitopol, Hostomel, defending Kharkiv, Kherson, Sumy and all cities and borders of Ukraine. Russian soldiers destroyed 6 posts and fired on 32 civilian targets in Ukraine.
- Russian troops have suffered large losses: about 3,200 killed, about 500 units destroyed, 2 battalions left the equipment and left the positions on foot – said a former adviser to former Interior Minister Arsen Avakov Mykhailo Apostol.
Follow the curfew! If you still have doubts about acting in an emergency, download a brochure from the Center for Strategic Communications!
Key russian provocations and disinformation as of 20:00
- Kherson declares surrender
- russian media remind us of the “genocide of russian-speaking people.”
- Demoralization attempts continue. According to one fake news piece, Ukrainian Armed Forces are preparing to surrender.
- Another manipulation revolves around the narrative that Ukrainian Armed Forces’ actions cause suffering for children and civilians.
- Then there is fake news that accuses the Ukrainian Armed Forces of damaging Gorlivka’s gas pipeline and other infrastructure.
- Some articles showed demolished equipment near Sumy and attributed it to the Ukrainian Armed Forces despite no actual proof.
- Fake news pieces that quote Donald Trump, who said that russia lost just 2 dollars as a result of economic sanctions.
These headlines are blatant lies far from the actual state of things. Now let us show how things really are.
- Kherson is under Ukrainian control.
- There was never a russian-speaking population genocide.
- Ukrainian Armed Forces don’t surrender. In fact, at this very moment, they are deflecting waves upon waves of enemy attacks.
- The Supreme Commander-in-Chief of the Ukrainian Armed Forces ordered to inflict maximum damage to the enemy forces. However, Ukrainian Armed Forces don’t harm civilians and don’t intentionally destroy civil infrastructure objects, unlike the russian military.
- Ukrainian military equipment was never demolished near Sumy. In fact, it was russian military equipment that was destroyed – russian models with russian IDs.
- Yesterday, Trump said that putin’s actions are a “genius idea.” You can’t trust the words of this madman.
Read us on Viber
Key russian provocations and disinformation as of 24.02.22 16:00
- Volodymyr Zelenskyy admitted to Austrian officials that he didn’t know how long Ukraine would last.
- Joint Forces Operation Headquarters are neutralized.
- Security Service of Ukraine prepares provocations.
- Yet another round of fake news regarding the impending disconnection of the mobile services in Ukraine.
- Yet another round of fake news reports about the Ukrainian Military and border guards’ defect to russians.
- Russian officials still deny starting a war and insist that this is an “operation.” Furthermore, they intend to further censor russian media regarding calling the current situation a war.
All aforementioned headlines are blatant lies.
Now let’s give you The Truth.
The truth about what is going on in Ukraine
- World leaders are condemning Russia’s actions. Ukrainian foreign partners express support for Ukraine and Ukrainians. No official statement indicates doubt or weakness regarding the situation.
- Joint Forces Operation headquarters is operating as usual.
- Unlike russia, Ukraine does not arrange any provocations. Instead, Ukrainians are protecting their country.
- Mobile operators and Internet Providers are working. The State Special Communications Service of Ukraine asked mobile and internet providers not to disconnect for non-payment for the time being.
- Ukraine Armed Forces and border guards continue to protect Ukrainian borders from russian invasion. In addition, the Ukrainian Army actively uses Bayraktar drones and annihilate russian tanks with the NLAW anti-tank system.
If sirens sound in your city, please go to the nearest shelter and keep yourself as far as possible from windows.
Read us on Viber
The authors do not work for, consult to, own shares in or receive funding from any company or organization that would benefit from this article, and have no relevant affiliations